Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911249 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by saxwizard(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
⁶Nissan sentra 2004
automatic
petrol

in the morning or anytime the car is idle for more than 2hours whenever i start the car and i shift the gear to drive take like 2minutes before the car enter the drive mode

the technician fixing it says its the sump and they changed it

but issue still presist.
what could be the problem?

note all other gear work as expected
the reverse and D1 works perfect
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sookoo: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
Good evening
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kungreign
Radautoworks

Thanks for the good job you ate doing

Please I have a 2011 Toyota Corolla which needs urgent servicing. However, I'm in a fix on what to do. I checked the car history online and it was regularly serviced with OW-20 full synthetic oil while in the US. However, when car arrived in Lagos, it was serviced with Mobil Super 1000 20W-50 XHP.

My question is this. Should I return to the OW-20 full synthetic oil or continue with the 20w-50 Mobil used in Lagos. Note that this Mobil used in Lagos has just been used once. Thank you.

Your kind answers needed urgently please.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
Johnsonkeyz2019:
I need price of Honda Pilot 03 Front and Back absorbers In Pairs

Kindly help with Price for front and back absorbers I'm hearing sounds from them when I climb bumps
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
sookoo:
Good evening
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kungreign
Radautoworks

Please I have a 2011 Toyota Corolla which needs urgent servicing. However, I'm in a fix on what to do. I checked the car history online and it was regularly serviced with OW-20 full synthetic oil while in the US. However, when car arrived in Lagos, it was serviced with Mobil Super 1000 20W-50 XHP.

My question is this. Should I return to the OW-20 full synthetic oil or continue with the 20w-50 Mobil used in Lagos. Note that this Mobil used in Lagos has just been used once. Thank you.

Thank you.

YES

Edit: how long since the last oil change out of curiosity?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2021
sookoo:
Good evening
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kungreign
Radautoworks

Thank you.

Use mobil1 5w30 USA specs .

Engine protection over fuel economy any day.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30am On Jan 25, 2021
saxwizard:
⁶Nissan sentra 2004
automatic
petrol

in the morning or anytime the car is idle for more than 2hours whenever i start the car and i shift the gear to drive take like 2minutes before the car enter the drive mode

the technician fixing it says its the sump and they changed it

but issue still presist.
what could be the problem?

note all other gear work as expected
the reverse and D1 works perfect

Replace transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sookoo: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2021
radautoworks:
YES

Edit: how long since the last oil change out of curiosity?

Thank you sir. But 'Yes' to which option? I should return to the Oil used in servicing before I bought the car or the one that has only been used just once when the car arrived Lagos?

The car was serviced in Lagos August 2020.But I really started driving it in October 2020.Car has travelled from Osogbo to Ibadan six times and to and fro Lagos once.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sookoo: 7:44am On Jan 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you Gazzuz.

Please I want to ask. Is the OW-20 used in the US the same as Mobil 1 5w 30 USA specs you have recommended?

Please where do I buy it? Can I get it in any Mobil filling station in Ibadan and should I insist on USA specs? How do I identify if truly they are selling to me US specs? Please do you have any idea on the price?

It's my first car and I know next to nothing about cars and I'm just learning and very eager to learn.

Thank you sir's and ma's.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by saxwizard(m): 7:48am On Jan 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace transmission

by transmission do you mean the gear...i just change the gear.

how best can i explain it to my mechanic

thanks for the help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2021
sookoo:

Thank you Gazzuz.

Please I want to ask. Is the OW-20 used in the US the same as Mobil 1 5w 30 USA specs you have recommended?

Please where do I buy it? Can I get it in any Mobil filling station in Ibadan and should I insist on USA specs? How do I identify if truly they are selling to me US specs? Please do you have any idea on the price?

It's my first car and I know next to nothing about cars and I'm just learning and very eager to learn.

Thank you sir's and ma's.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by replete(m): 11:19am On Jan 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Yeah engine protection is priority but I have a question. Do you think it's better to use 5w30 for 2011 Camry with 165k miles. Have serviced it once since it arrived with 0w20 Mobil 1.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
replete:

Yeah engine protection is priority but I have a question. Do you think it's better to use 5w30 for 2011 Camry with 165k miles. Have serviced it once since it arrived with 0w20 Mobil 1.

I would rather use 5w30 on

1ar
2ar
2zr
1zr
2gr
1nz
2nz

If they have no traces of abuse.

2az and 1zz 0w40 is best suited due to their age and oil burn.

If abused I will use 20w50 across board with drain intervals of 2000-3000miles.

I talk am Oya crucify me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
sookoo:

Thank you sir. But 'Yes' to which option? I should return to the Oil used in servicing before I bought the car or the one that has only been used just once when the car arrived Lagos?

The car was serviced in Lagos August 2020.But I really started driving it in October 2020.Car has travelled from Osogbo to Ibadan six times and to and fro Lagos once.

Thank you.
0w20 and do not exceed 5,000 miles or 6 months (whichever comes first) between changes again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ZaddyJamal: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

The headlamp has a small leak in the areas where it was glued. Find the leak and that will stop.

You need to scan your vehicle .

Oga Gazzuzz abeg answer me this even if it may seem irrelevant.

Can the tail lights of the 2004 Camry pictured below be replaced with that of 2005/2006 models?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:57am On Jan 26, 2021
ZaddyJamal:

Oga Gazzuzz abeg answer me this even if it may seem irrelevant.

Can the tail lights of the 2004 Camry pictured below be replaced with that of 2005/2006 models?

Tail lights yes. But why?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ZaddyJamal: 10:49am On Jan 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Tail lights yes. But why?
I have a personal preference for the 2005/2006 tail light designs more than that of 2004 sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by realphatphem: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2021
Good morning car gurus in the house, Please is it advisable to repair a leaking Camry 2000 steering rack? Leakage rate is getting high as I now top steering fluid every third day. Need your input please. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tayodeji1987: 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH A VERY SOUND ENGINEER FOR MY 2013 ford edge HERE IN LAGOS. THANK YOU
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by benitdavid: 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
hello house I got these codes when I scanned my 2006 Toyota corolla
P0741- torque converter clutch circuit performance or stuck open
P0037- heater control circuit low (Bank 1 sensor 2)
how do I go about it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2021
benitdavid:
hello house
I got these codes when I scanned my 2006 Toyota corolla

P0741- torque converter clutch circuit performance or stuck open

P0037- heater control circuit low (Bank 1 sensor 2)

how do I go about it

Any driveability issues?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
realphatphem:
Good morning car gurus in the house, Please is it advisable to repair a leaking Camry 2000 steering rack? Leakage rate is getting high as I now top steering fluid every third day. Need your input please. Thanks.
Buy Toks rack. Don't repair it will end in tears.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Paulagada: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=realphatphem post=98456806]Good morning car gurus in the house, Please is it advisable to repair a leaking Camry 2000 steering rack? Leakage rate is getting high as I now top steering fluid every third day. Need your input please. Thanks.[/quote Is fixable, try and get a good mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megacontrol(m): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2021
Hello all,

I need to fix AC for a Peugeot 301 on the island.
It has just suddenly stopped cooling.

Any referrals to a technician around here?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by realphatphem: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=Paulagada post=98483419][/quote] definitely will.. thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good morning Wonderful Gurus in the house

I made a complaint initially about my car having multiple transmission codes and was still driving fine which surprised Gazzuzz, I later found out that my car used a Hybrid Engine which was changed to a normal 2.4l engine, however that is a story for another day

My question is that my car has been idling roughly and hesitation, I scanned the car and found the culprit, the Upstream and Downstream Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit was blown, after some research, I found out that the function of the Upstream oxygen sensor is to communicate with the ECM on the Air-Fuel ratio, while the downstream Sensor check the gases that come out of the Catalytic Converter to ensure it is working fine

I have changed the Upstream oxygen sensor and everything seems back to normal, however, I want to ask if it is mandatory I also change the Downstream Oxygen Sensor?

My Car is a Toyota Camry 2007

Codes
P0031 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0037 - H02S2 Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
richforever123:
Good morning Wonderful Gurus in the house

I made a complaint initially about my car having multiple transmission codes and was still driving fine which surprised Gazzuzz, I later found out that my car used a Hybrid Engine which was changed to a normal 2.4l engine, however that is a story for another day

My question is that my car has been idling roughly and hesitation, I scanned the car and found the culprit, the Upstream and Downstream Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit was blown, after some research, I found out that the function of the Upstream oxygen sensor is to communicate with the ECM on the Air-Fuel ratio, while the downstream Sensor check the gases that come out of the Catalytic Converter to ensure it is working fine

I have changed the Upstream oxygen sensor and everything seems back to normal, however, I want to ask if it is mandatory I also change the Downstream Oxygen Sensor?

My Car is a Toyota Camry 2007

Codes
P0031 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0037 - H02S2 Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

Yes go ahead and change it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jennann(f): 8:46am On Jan 28, 2021
Goodmorning all.
Please, I need recommendations for a good and trusted genuine autoparts dealer who sells original KYB shocks for Toyota Avalon 2005 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by grafikii: 9:20am On Jan 28, 2021
Hi car gurus, I have this issue with my 2008 rav4 4 cylinder, most times when I start the car and put it in drive, it take about a minute or two before the car actually moves, sometimes I have to press the accelerator before the car jerk forward and start moving. Once it starts moving everything is fine, it shifts properly and all, i don't have this issue with going into reverse.

I have changed the transmission fluid and filter, yet this problem persist, what could be the problem please.

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Jan 28, 2021
grafikii:
Hi car gurus, I have this issue with my 2008 rav4 4 cylinder, most times when I start the car and put it in drive, it take about a minute or two before the car actually moves, sometimes I have to press the accelerator before the car jerk forward and start moving. Once it starts moving everything is fine, it shifts properly and all, i don't have this issue with going into reverse.

I have changed the transmission fluid and filter, yet this problem persist, what could be the problem please.

Cc GAZZUZZ

Prepare to replace the transmission

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2021
grafikii:

Cc GAZZUZZ

It seems everyone is now this type of transmission issue.

Please, gurus in the house, what can someone do to prevent this type of issue before hand.

Money no dey to change transmission!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by grafikii: 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Prepare to replace the transmission
Oops, any ideas how much it costs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.