Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914180 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sekeyso(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone, please I advice concerning the transmission issue my 2007 Toyota matrix is having. The reverse gear takes a while to shift and sometimes acceleration pedal would be pushed for it to grudgingly shift. The drive gear shift very well. My mechanic said it can be corrected by changing the reverse fiber. Please is it advisable to go for repair or should I just go for a tok transmission?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jennann(f): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
jennann:
Goodmorning all.
Please, I need recommendations for a good and trusted genuine autoparts dealer who sells original KYB shocks for Toyota Avalon 2005 model.

Pls, someone should help me out here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sirleke(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
jennann:

location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thonyman: 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
I think BERACHAN AUTOCARE is your best plug,
He waybilled mine to me in Edo state within 24 hours, even though I later found out the shocks in my highlander that i thought was bad only had only stabilizer linkages issue, So I kept them in store for later use.
Double check to be sure its shocks issue your car has & contact him if you need original kyb.

jennann:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jennann(f): 4:48am On Jan 29, 2021
sirleke:
location?
Ebonyi, but location is not an issue since it can be sent down to me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jennann(f): 4:49am On Jan 29, 2021
thonyman:
I think BERACHAN AUTOCARE is your best plug,
He waybilled mine to me in Edo state within 24 hours, even though I later found out the shocks in my highlander that i thought was bad only had only stabilizer linkages issue, So I kept them in store for later use.
Double check to be sure its shocks issue your car has & contact him if you need original kyb.

Thanks. Will check him out.
Will still appreciate other recommendations.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alkason: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2021
Paulagada:
Delayed engagement is a serious gear issue. Look automatic transmission expert for solution.

It was actually a sensor problem.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2021
jennann:

if u dey lagos, go to second gate inside trade fair ask for Cossy inter
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by grafikii: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
Alkason:

It was actually a sensor problem.
Thanks
Hi, i am having this same delay transmission problem, which sensor is responsible in your case?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by saxwizard(m): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2021
Alkason:

It was actually a sensor problem. Thanks
please i am also looking for solution to this problem

which of the sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alkason: 10:56am On Jan 30, 2021
saxwizard:

please i am also looking for solution to this problem

which of the sensor

I have not done the sensor change yet. My wife is still using it like that. But I will ask the electrician that did the scanning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alkason: 10:58am On Jan 30, 2021
grafikii:

Hi, i am having this same delay transmission problem, which sensor is responsible in your case?

It wasn't really a delay transmission per say. It's a case of the transmission not responding to throttle. It happens once in a while. When I change the sensor,I will let you know.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alejandro72(m): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good Afternoon.
Toyota Camry 2010
P2118
P0014
P0017
P0441
P0455
P0500

Auto gurus.
Please help me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
alejandro72:
Good Afternoon.
Toyota Camry 2010
P2118
P0014
P0017
P0441
P0455
P0500

Auto gurus.
Please help me.

add description to each code
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by avalon7(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
cry cry I noticed that the oil on my mum's car was low and i was going to change it. My mum returned from a trip today and i rushed out to pick her forgetting to change the oil. The timing belt broke and I'm scared it may have caused major damages. Please i want to ask does a broken timing belt in a non-interference engine always lead to major engine damage? cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by avalon7(m): 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
Please i want to ask does a broken timing belt in a non-interference engine always lead to major engine damage? The car is still starting
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dubsy20(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Please how often can one service a 2011 Camry that averages 1500 miles per year?. The last servicing was done with a mobile1. Though the car came into Naija with over 200k mileage.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
avalon7:
cry cry I noticed that the oil on my mum's car was low and i was going to change it. My mum returned from a trip today and i rushed out to pick her forgetting to change the oil. The timing belt broke and I'm scared it may have caused major damages. Please i want to ask does a broken timing belt in a non-interference engine always lead to major engine damage? cry

How does engine oil and timing belt relate?

What car is it?

Did engine freeze up or just timing belt snapped?

If none interference, replace timing belt kit and you wi be fine

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by saxwizard(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
Alkason:

I have not done the sensor change yet. My wife is still using it like that. But I will ask the electrician that did the scanning.

okay

i will keep in touch
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jennann(f): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Bizzyliss:
if u dey lagos, go to second gate inside trade fair ask for Cossy inter
Pls I m not in Lagos. Do you have his contact?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 12:56am On Jan 31, 2021
jennann:

Pls I m not in Lagos. Do you have his contact?
check my signature and contact me asap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 4:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Greetings all PL where can I get transmission filter for 09 Civic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by benitdavid: 6:17am On Jan 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Any driveability issues?

not at all. car moves perfectly fine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:21am On Jan 31, 2021
benitdavid:
hello house
I got these codes when I scanned my 2006 Toyota corolla

P0741- torque converter clutch circuit performance or stuck open

P0037- heater control circuit low (Bank 1 sensor 2)

how do I go about it

If your transmission oil is dark, replace it, the. Replace the 02 sensor attached the the exhaust under the car. 9/10 times it is not bad but disconnected
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dannydevito(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Noticed a very very slight slip(transmission ) in my car during driving, what are the possible causes and what's recommended transmission fluid for 2015 elantra and quantity.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
Greetings all PL my Honda Civic 09 auto jerks on low speed during 2nd to 3rd gear shift but does not jerks when I move with speed.
Note: when I switch to d3 no jerk
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by grafikii: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
Alkason:

It wasn't really a delay transmission per say. It's a case of the transmission not responding to throttle. It happens once in a while. When I change the sensor,I will let you know.
OK, I'll looking forward to it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emtel4sure: 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
My car toyota camry 2018 blinks Maintenance required at starting the car for some few seconds or a minute then goes away. What could be the cause? I did engine oil change about a month now. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
dannydevito:
Noticed a very very slight slip(transmission ) in my car during driving, what are the possible causes and what's recommended transmission fluid for 2015 elantra and quantity.

Your location?.
You need SP3

You need 4.2 quarts in the transmission but buy 5 quarts
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dannydevito(m): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
kingreign:

Your location?.
You need SP3

You need 4.2 quarts in the transmission but buy 5 quarts

Price please if you have it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
dannydevito:

Price please if you have it

Chat me up tomorrow pls.

Mike.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:41am On Feb 01, 2021
emtel4sure:
My car toyota camry 2018 blinks Maintenance required at starting the car for some few seconds or a minute then goes away. What could be the cause? I did engine oil change about a month now. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeK9Z6kB47Q

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: dannybrasky(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.