Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914101 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dan18(m): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Come no problem.

How can I reach you?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CjEmmar(m): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

1. Fuel pressure/ Engine tune up required.

Check fuel pump, clean injectors and plugs decarbonize if you have the means.

2. 3. 4.

Check powersteering pump for air leaks at the supply route, usually an "O" ring leak. Also change powersteering oil.

Finally ensure idle speed is not static and varies according to load.

GAZZUZZ thank you for the response, as you mentioned, they were the culprit and it has stopped and starts normally in the morning. But the challenge I'm facing now is that many places I have gone, they don't have "O" ring.

Please can you link me to someone or anyone or direct me to where I can get it.( I reside in Ogun state)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
radautoworks:
sorry

Just asking for possible cause of the problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Expect oil burn, Expect converted AC compressor.

Apart from that nothing special. Apply due diligence , go with a technician that knows what to look out for.
thanks a lot
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
CjEmmar:

GAZZUZZ thank you for the response, as you mentioned, they were the culprit and it has stopped and starts normally in the morning. But the challenge I'm facing now is that many places I have gone, they don't have "O" ring.

Please can you link me to someone or anyone or direct me to where I can get it.( I reside in Ogun state)

take a pic of the steering pump, I want to see something

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Androidking: 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
Good Evening All. Please I have question.

U know that situation when u want to quickly over take a car ,, within a short period of time and in a tight place or when u want to overtake a trailer. Then u press your throttle with force and to the end , the can will behave like it's over charged and speed up so quick to give u turbor like speed, I think it is called TurborCharged.

My car can not do it again.

I removed it from Over drive still the same thing what could be the problem thanks .

I really miss that now I can hardly overtake kekebus ,

Toyota Matrix 2004
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Androidking:
Good Evening All. Please I have question.

U know that situation when u want to quickly over take a car ,, within a short period of time and in a tight place or when u want to overtake a trailer. Then u press your throttle with force and to the end , the can will behave like it's over charged and speed up so quick to give u turbor like speed, I think it is called TurborCharged.

My car can not do it again.

I removed it from Over drive still the same thing what could be the problem thanks .

I really miss that now I can hardly overtake kekebus ,

Toyota Matrix 2004

Turbo Ko kick down ni cheesy

Scan the vehicle jo

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
raphieMontella:

Good day..
I'm very new to the auto world..
I plan on buying a nigerian used 08/09 model...
Any maintenance tips please?
just find the 2010 4 plugs and buy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Oga Gazzuzz you're looking very plumpy cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ishilove:

Oga Gazzuzz you're looking very plumpy cheesy

carried with grace cool
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

carried with grace cool

zuala. . .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
Androidking:

I really miss that now I can hardly overtake kekebus

This cracked me up.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CjEmmar(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

This is it GAZZUZZ

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CjEmmar(m): 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sammily(m): 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
CjEmmar:

Please how did you resolve the hard starting in the morning, what parts was the suspect because I'm having similar issue myself. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by disloman(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2021
sammily:

Please how did you resolve the hard starting in the morning, what parts was the suspect because I'm having similar issue myself. Thanks
Just service the fuel line.(injector nozzles, spark plugs, throttle body, fuel pump)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CjEmmar(m): 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
disloman:
Just service the fuel line.(injector nozzles, spark plugs, throttle body, fuel pump)

Sammily, this is what I did.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
CjEmmar:

This is it GAZZUZZ

The "O" ring made of rubber is under here. Black made of rubber.

Pic does not look wet, but usually air leaks from that part

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
This is the code that shows when I scanned my car when the check engine light came on !

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
Bizzyliss:
just find the 2010 4 plugs and buy
Money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2021
Gurus in the house . Please my car pulled up all these codes .

I would gladly appreciate interpretation

P0136

P0139

P043E

P043F

P1603

P1604

P1605

P2401

P2402

P2419
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Androidking: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Turbo Ko kick down ni cheesy

Scan the vehicle jo

I have browsed everything and d final answers I could get online was over-drive and TurborCharger, I don't know why people laugh at that please u can browse it it's in almost in a every car and when it I take it to mechanic band explain this to them they hardly give me good reasons, but seriously overtaking is a real problem here.

I forgot to mention if I am climbing on an inclined surface , not hill just normal express way buy inclined upwards , my speed meter will climb at 40 mPH and stop until I am off to level ground, not like befor

We checked the coils 4 of them all good .
Changed new plugs all good .

Still speed up a tiny hill from 0MPH IT will rise to 40MPH and then be still den steady at 40 and start increasing when am off to level ground.

Even if am at 50MPH and above immediately I entered an inclined express way it will be dropping gradually and be steady at 40MPH .

I don't know where they scan cars in my region ,I need advice based on ur professional experience thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2021
Androidking:

I have browsed everything and d final answers I could get online was over-drive and TurborCharger, I don't know why people laugh at that please u can browse it it's in almost in a every car and when it I take it to mechanic band explain this to them they hardly give me good reasons, but seriously overtaking is a real problem here.

I forgot to mention if I am climbing on an inclined surface , not hill just normal express way buy inclined upwards , my speed meter will climb at 40 mPH and stop until I am off to level ground, not like befor

We checked the coils 4 of them all good .
Changed new plugs all good .

Still speed up a tiny hill from 0MPH IT will rise to 40MPH and then be still den steady at 40 and start increasing when am off to level ground.

Even if am at 50MPH and above immediately I entered an inclined express way it will be dropping gradually and be steady at 40MPH .

I don't know where they scan cars in my region ,I need advice based on ur professional experience thanks

The destiny of your car has been hijacked wink

Trial and error will end up destroying your vehicle . Last time I checked , 2003-2007 corolla goes for ₦2.4m - 2.7m buy a scanner and ship it to your self where ever you are, scan the car, post the results, you can even become the local scanner guy in your area and makeup for the cost of the cost of the scanner in a short time.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2021
obidevine:
Gurus in the house . Please my car pulled up all these codes .

I would gladly appreciate interpretation

P0136

P0139

P043E

P043F

P1603

P1604

P1605

P2401

P2402

P2419

Definitely hijacked. Prayers required
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechyy: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Please explain the term "hijacked" in this context.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35am On Jul 09, 2021
obidevine:

Please explain the term "hijacked" in this context.

Destiny not looking too good cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2021
Androidking:

You can buy a car scanner on Jumia and scan the car yourself. Costs ranges from 4k to 12k.
And it's plug and play.
Regards
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2021
raphieMontella:

Money
wen u buy that 2009, the money to repair go come out ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wolebanks(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2021
Thanks so much, mine comes off and on on its own.
GAZZUZZ:

The “O/D Off” button prevents the automatic transmission from being able to shift into the highest gear.

Make sure the light is not turned on

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Good morning boss my Camry 09 back light doesn’t come on, if I apply brake none of the light comes on but at night if I put the full headlight on the right side of the back and parking light comes on. Took it to mechanic (rewire) he check and said my back light led is dead I should buy a new back light!

Please boss any advise ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.