Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912458 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaideslex(m): 7:03am On Aug 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

what are the driving issues

Thank you sir. The issue I experience is that whenever I try to accelerate it doesn't move as expected and when I try to pump further it just jump immediately. This always happen when I'm in traffic. That is when I stopped and try to move again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2021
Good morning oga Gazzuzz, kingreign, peppermintflav etc

My Honda Accord 2003 threw the following errors. Kindly assist on rectification precedures. Secondly please see attached realtime information...is the vacuum reading normal?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2021
Structuralman:
Good morning oga Gazzuzz, kingreign, peppermintflav etc

My Honda Accord 2003 threw the following errors. Kindly assist on rectification precedures. Secondly please see attached realtime information...is the vacuum reading normal?

This kind of technical data cannot be attributed to anything meaningful if u don't come out with the particular drivibility issue u are experiencing and history of repair .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2021
autologic:

This kind of technical data cannot be attributed to anything meaningful if u don't come out with the particular drivibility issue u are experiencing and history of repair .

Okay, thanks you for your prompt response. The car drives well when the engine is cool like early mornings. The performance is okay for about 30-45 mins. But after the engine gets warmed up I find it very very difficult to move fast. Secondly the car also drinks a lot of fuel.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2021
Structuralman:

Okay, thanks you for your prompt response. The car drives well when the engine is cool like early mornings. The performance is okay for about 30-45 mins. But after the engine gets warmed up I find it very very difficult to move fast. Secondly the car also drinks a lot of fuel.
Data provided is limited to deduce something tangible unless u can provide some vital parameters like: fuel trim,.maf ,calculated load at different engine speeds and point of failure ( i prefer to see more detailed data to make a more quality contributions) which will help but this might be too technical savvy for what u can handle with ur kind of diy scan tool.
Alternatively, take your car to a recommended technician to troubleshoot the issue further physically instead of remote talk.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aljpimp(m): 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please I need @GAZZUZZ workshop address.. I want to fix some stuffs on my car.. ABS light on, brake pad, radiator leakage and ball joint.. cad is Hyundai Sonata 2011.. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
aljpimp:
Please I need @GAZZUZZ workshop address.. I want to fix some stuffs on my car.. ABS light on, brake pad, radiator leakage and ball joint.. cad is Hyundai Sonata 2011.. thanks

So sorry I do not like your vehicle model.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
autologic:

Data provided is limited to deduce anything tangible unless u can provide vital parameters like: fuel trim,.maf ,calculated load at different engine speeds and point of failure ( i prefer to see more detailed data to make a more quality contributions) which will help but this might be too technical savvy for what u can handle with ur kind of diy scan tool.
Alternatively, take your car to a recommended technician to troubleshoot the issue further physically instead of remote talk.

Okay thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aljpimp(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Chai.. what happened to it though?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
aljpimp:
If you are not too far from yaba ,u can take it to autologic @ yaba near yabatech .contact my signature for more details .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aljpimp(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
autologic:

If you are not too far from yaba ,u can take it to autologic @ yaba near yabatech .contact my signature for more details .

Oops I’m far from yaba.. in Egbeda area but I’ll find my way down there
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 5:30am On Aug 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You have the right engine installed , but the sensor circled in the pic is not connected.
pls what is the name of this sensor sir? Any idea of the cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:37am On Aug 09, 2021
samuelson06:

I wash actually talking about taking care of the whole car.
This is how to know someone who barely takes care of their car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:37am On Aug 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Kekekekekekeke hehehehshehehe
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lexini: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Good morning Gazzuzz

I noticed this morning that there is black soot on the exhaust pipe of our 2008 Toyota Highlander, no check engine light. This isnt the case with our other vehicle, even though we've had it for longer

I have read that black soot means the car is burning fuel or something.

There are no error codes. Please what could be the issue?

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2021
lexini:
Good morning Gazzuzz

I noticed this morning that there is black soot on the exhaust pipe of our 2008 Toyota Highlander, no check engine light. This isnt the case with our other vehicle, even though we've had it for longer

I have read that black soot means the car is burning fuel or something.

There are no error codes. Please what could be the issue?

Thank you.

Tune up required, might also be burning oil
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamal64: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
C300 please help

0745 the mixture cylinder bank 1 is too lean
0749 the mixture cylinder bank2 too lean
2091 the mixture cylinder bank 1 is too lean at idle speed
2095 the mixture cylinder bank2 at idle is too lean
0521 the charge movement flap (cylinder bank 1 ) has a malfunction
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
kingreign:

This is how to know someone who barely takes care of their car.

Lol. I do sha. But not so serious.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
Jamal64:
C300 please help

0745 the mixture cylinder bank 1 is too lean
0749 the mixture cylinder bank2 too lean
2091 the mixture cylinder bank 1 is too lean at idle speed
2095 the mixture cylinder bank2 at idle is too lean
0521 the charge movement flap (cylinder bank 1 ) has a malfunction

where problem is. It's not DIY
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lexini: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2021
Thank you, Gazzuzz

Please what does the tune up entail and can it be done by anybody?

How do I know it’s burning oil?

GAZZUZZ:

Tune up required, might also be burning oil
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamal64: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
I don’t get.
GAZZUZZ:

where problem is. It's not DIY
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcval(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
Any one with an idea of the current prices of the engine and gear of a Nissan Armada?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
My Toyota corolla 2005. Although it didn't display check light, scanning display these codes. The last time it was the fuel cap that wasn't closed very well by the fuel attendant

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 11:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
honsule:
My Toyota corolla 2005. Although it didn't display check light, scanning display these codes. The last time it was the fuel cap that wasn't closed very well by the fuel attendant

Happened to me and I cleared the Code.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 12:13am On Aug 11, 2021
DukeNija:

Happened to me and I cleared the Code.

U just cleared the code? U didn't change the evap or gas cap?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 12:37am On Aug 11, 2021
honsule:

U just cleared the code? U didn't change the evap or gas cap?

The cap wasn’t well tightened after the fuel purchase so I tightened it and cleared the code. The cap wasn’t faulty, no need to change it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2021
Good morning Gazzuzz & every auto enthusiast here present.

I am faced with these two confusing situations:

1. I have a Toyota matrix 2006, i discovered upon routine check on my transmission oil that it's brownish in colour & it's sticky and a little bit viscous. The transmission oil has never been changed since i bought it, 2½yrs now. Though d shifting is excellent, very smooth, no clunck noise when put in Drive & Reverse. Am really enjoying it.

Pls do u guys advice i change the transmission oil? If YES, what is the OEM recommended transmission oil for my car?

2. I also discovered that there's no catalyst in my car & d exhaust noise is a little bit high upon slight throttle. I like a quiet ride especially in my street �. Since d sound is always heard at d tail of d exhaust, i am planning to attach a double walled exhaust tip muffler. Pls will this have any back pressure effect or any damage to my engine?

See attached picture:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2021
Dez10:
Good morning Gazzuzz & every auto enthusiast here present.

I am faced with these two confusing situations:

1. I have a Toyota matrix 2006, i discovered upon routine check on my transmission oil that it's brownish in colour & it's sticky and a little bit viscous. The transmission oil has never been changed since i bought it, 2½yrs now. Though d shifting is excellent, very smooth, no clunck noise when put in Drive & Reverse. Am really enjoying it.

Pls do u guys advice i change the transmission oil? If YES, what is the OEM recommended transmission oil for my car?

2. I also discovered that there's no catalyst in my car & d exhaust noise is a little bit high upon slight throttle. I like a quiet ride especially in my street �. Since d sound is always heard at d tail of d exhaust, i am planning to attach a double walled exhaust tip muffler. Pls will this have any back pressure effect or any damage to my engine?

See attached picture:

1. Change your Transmission oil twice after running the engine in a 1 day interval. With Toyota TIV. Pic below, sellers number 08033910382.

2. You have a leaking exhaust, find it and fix it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by easysunny(m): 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
Greetings Gazzuz & other Ogas in the house.

Pls I need help. My 2008 Honda Pilot develop some problems.
The radiator fans stopped working unless I turn AC on. If the AC is on the fans will be working okay, but once AC is off, the fans will not spin.
This problem started when car AC worked on it. The AC man damaged the radiator when trying to remove compressor coil which he said spoiled. In order to remove the coil, he brought out the radiator & other parts. The opening that connect the gear oil hose was damaged. Without telling me he block the gear oil from entering the radiator. This resulted to car jerking & transmission overheating. It was discovered and the radiator was repaired and reconnected back properly.
Now, 2 days ago, I noticed that the fans are not working unless AC is On. If I on the engine without AC, the engine + radiator will be hot & bring out smoke as fan is not working. However, the temperature reading is still normal at middle.
I approached a Rewire at my area, after checking told me that the Thermostat has spoiled. That I've to REMOVE THE THERMOSTAT & RUN THE FAN DIRECTLY. But I refused because I've read that it's not advisable to remove Thermostat.
Now, for me to use the car, the AC must be On so that the fans can work.

Pls, what could be the problem & how to fix it?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
DukeNija:

The cap wasn’t well tightened after the fuel purchase so I tightened it and cleared the code. The cap wasn’t faulty, no need to change it.

same with me. That is what i also did today.... wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by FineUsername(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
Is something wrong with my Civic, 2008?

I changed from Mobil 2000 5w30 to Synthetic 5w30 and I noticed this loud humming noise coming from the engine. This usually happens in the morning or at evening when heading home after work.

The noise reduce/go away when the engine gets hot.

Have driven about 1,500km since the last oil changed.

Gazzuzz et al

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
easysunny:
Greetings Gazzuz & other Ogas in the house.

Pls I need help. My 2008 Honda Pilot develop some problems.
The radiator fans stopped working unless I turn AC on. If the AC is on the fans will be working okay, but once AC is off, the fans will not spin.
This problem started when car AC worked on it. The AC man damaged the radiator when trying to remove compressor coil which he said spoiled. In order to remove the coil, he brought out the radiator & other parts. The opening that connect the gear oil hose was damaged. Without telling me he block the gear oil from entering the radiator. This resulted to car jerking & transmission overheating. It was discovered and the radiator was repaired and reconnected back properly.
Now, 2 days ago, I noticed that the fans are not working unless AC is On. If I on the engine without AC, the engine + radiator will be hot & bring out smoke as fan is not working. However, the temperature reading is still normal at middle.
I approached a Rewire at my area, after checking told me that the Thermostat has spoiled. That I've to REMOVE THE THERMOSTAT & RUN THE FAN DIRECTLY. But I refused because I've read that it's not advisable to remove Thermostat.
Now, for me to use the car, the AC must be On so that the fans can work.

Pls, what could be the problem & how to fix it?

Thanks

please Run a test, turn on the car without the AC and watch if the fan comes on. Ensure you wait and only give up if the temp goes above the half mark. Also ensure the temp sensor 2 which is at the base of the radiator is firmly connected.

If the fan comes on, buy a brand new radiator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.