Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921461 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9wila: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2021
Check out also the 2021 Fantastic Volkswagen tiguan

https://www.wilatech.com/2021/03/the-fantastic-volkswagen-tiguan-2021.html
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gentleweez: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone!
Please I have a question!
My lexus es 350 2008 model just started displaying some lights on the dashboard and I don’t know what it means. I just recently bought the car, changed the engine oils to 5W-30 Mobil oil. Can someone please help explain these to me? I attached the pictures below.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gentleweez:

Hello everyone!
My lexus es 350 2008 model just started displaying some lights on the dashboard and I don’t know what it means. I just recently bought the car, changed the engine oils to 5W-30 Mobil oil. Can someone please help explain these to me? I attached the pictures below.

You need to run a scan to find out what the issue is.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gentleweez:

Hello everyone!

The first light at the top-left corner is an indication that a helicopter is following you, park and check the skies.

The one beneath it at bottom-left is an indication that two snakes are following you... park and check to confirm.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2021
Machini:

The first light at the top-left corner is an indication that a helicopter is following you, park and check the skies.

The one beneath it at bottom-left is an indication that two snakes are following you... park and check to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zanga3(f): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

P0136 . Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 · Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted.

It's a 2 way thing , it's either. It connected, wire harness cut or it bad, just replace it .

P0139 . P0139 TOYOTA HO2S12 Circuit Slow Response
The P0139 code is set when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the rear O2 sensor takes more time to respond between rich and lean than the specified time. Replace the Rear O2 sensor reference (P0136)

P043E - Evaporative Emission System Reference Orifice Clog Up. Replace charcoal canister

P043F - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Reference Orifice High Flow. Replace canister

P1603 Engine stall history (you have had this code since you bought the car) seems cleaning the throttle body did not solve the issue.
After starting the engine, this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored when the engine stops without the ignition switch being operated. With the engine running, the engine stops (the engine speed drops to 200 RPM or less) without the ignition switch being operated for 0.5 seconds or more. It is necessary to check if the vehicle has run out of fuel before performing troubleshooting, as this DTC is also stored when the engine stalls due to running out of fuel.

P1604 Related to P1603 P1604 TOYOTA - Startability Malfunction, The P1604 code is stored if the engine does not start or continues to crank without starting for a certain period of time. The P1604 code is also stored if the vehicle has run out of fuel. It is necessary to check whether there was enough fuel in the fuel tank before performing this inspection.

P1605 - Engine Stall History - After starting the engine, this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored if the engine speed drops below the set speed. With the engine running, the engine stops (the engine speed drops to 200 RPM or less) without the ignition switch being operated for 0.5 seconds or more. It is necessary to check if the vehicle has run out of fuel before performing troubleshooting, as this DTC is also stored when the engine stalls due to running out of fuel.

P2401 - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low. Leak detection pump defective. related to the codes p043E and P043F. Replace the canister

P2402 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit High.
related to the codes P2401, p043E and P043. Replace the canister

P2419 Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit Low. Related to P2401, p043E and P043. Replace the canister

https://www.engine-codes.com

How much can i get this canister please?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Machini:

Funniest post this year grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by qoonlay(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
Please anyone knows how much to replace a turbo 2011 sonata engine. Urgent.
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc Inception
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
qoonlay:
Please anyone knows how much to replace a turbo 2011 sonata engine. Urgent.
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc Inception
Location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by qoonlay(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
Yaba, lagos
kingreign:

Location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
qoonlay:
Yaba, lagos

Search for 'Gazzuzz'
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by qoonlay(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ok thanks will do
kingreign:

Search for 'Gazzuzz'
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nacozee: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
Please what do you guys think about thermostats in Nigeria. Is it okay to run your vehicle without it or does it have any adverse effects on the engine?

Am wondering since it is a device that can fail, what if it's better to remove it so you have no overheat incase it fails

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chloride6: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
nacozee:
Please what do you guys think about thermostats in Nigeria. Is it okay to run your vehicle without it or does it have any adverse effects on the engine?

Am wondering since it is a device that can fail, what if it's better to remove it so you have no overheat incase it fails

No sir don't remove your thermostat.

1. Your engine will consume more fuel.

2. Your engine will not operate in the right Temperature range.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
nacozee:

Am wondering since it is a device that can fail, what if it's better to remove it so you have no overheat in case it fails

Except it fails else don't remove it. BTW, I drive w/o it and there's no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by payne4real(m): 7:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello house,
I just got a US used tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2006 limited edition. I want to know the best oil (engine, steering etc) to use. I also want to know the best way to maintain the car and the likely issues I can encounter.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
payne4real:
Hello house,
I just got a US used tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2006 limited edition. I want to know the best oil (engine, steering etc) to use. I also want to know the best way to maintain the car and the likely issues I can encounter.
Talk to gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by themindpen(m): 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hi everyone.

Is corolla 03 LE a good car for e-hailing?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On Aug 18, 2021
payne4real:
Hello house,

You should start by checking vehicle history for when the timing belt, waterpump and rollers were changed. 140,000miles or 7years which ever comes first. Ask carguide to search for the service history. If you cannot find them, replace with original parts
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54am On Aug 18, 2021
themindpen:
Hi everyone.

Is corolla 03 LE a good car for e-hailing?

A good one yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by themindpen(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
thank you so much boss.
GAZZUZZ:

A good one yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PuF7Jhs57E

Gazzuzz the guru , Autologic and other nairalanders please watch this video and advice on where I can get mine changed here in Lagos

My steering rattles , at first my mechanic said it was the "steering knuckle" oyibo dey call am intermediate steering shaft. I gave him money for the "steering knuckle" . After changing it , it turns out that it's not the issue.

The rattling noise is coming from the steering column. Please who knows a competent mechanic that can fix my steering column. I'm in Lagos

My car is a toyota camry LE V4 2012.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Foodempire: 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hi Oga gazzuzz, my corrola (04) gear delay 2 seconds before it engage but move smoothly after that, this only happens when put in drive, but the reverse engage immediately.i scanned the car but only got the 02 sensor error code

New gear oil and well gauged, what could possibly cause this few seconds delay? Thanks a million

GAZZUZZ:

You should start by checking vehicle history for when the timing belt, waterpump and rollers were changed. 140,000miles or 7years which ever comes first. Ask carguide to search for the service history. If you cannot find them, replace with original parts
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
Foodempire:
Hi Oga gazzuzz, my corrola (04) gear delay 2 seconds before it engage but move smoothly after that, this only happens when put in drive, but the reverse engage immediately.i scanned the car but only got the 02 sensor error code

New gear oil and well gauged, what could possibly cause this few seconds delay? Thanks a million

ignore it.... Save up for a new transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by payne4real(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
I just got the service history from @carguide none of parts was changed I will send you the report on WhatsApp.thanks
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 12:15am On Aug 19, 2021
obidevine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PuF7Jhs57E

Gazzuzz the guru , Autologic and other nairalanders please watch this video and advice on where I can get mine changed here in Lagos

My steering rattles , at first my mechanic said it was the "steering knuckle" oyibo dey call am intermediate steering shaft. I gave him money for the "steering knuckle" . After changing it , it turns out that it's not the issue.

The rattling noise is coming from the steering column. Please who knows a competent mechanic that can fix my steering column. I'm in Lagos

My car is a toyota camry LE V4 2012.

Have you checked your inner tie rod? You should book an appointment with @Gazzuzz
Call him.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2021
DukeNija:

Have you checked your inner tie rod? You should book an appointment with @Gazzuzz
Call him.

Gazzuzz is afraid to work on my car for reasons best known to him
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by themindpen(m): 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
Update! I just discovered that it is not an 03 LE. But a 2006 Toyota Corolla (Bank Type) 18GLi - ZZE122L-AEPNK. What do you think? Looking forward to your response.
GAZZUZZ:

A good one yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
themindpen:
Update! I just discovered that it is not an 03 LE. But a 2006 Toyota Corolla (Bank Type) 18GLi - ZZE122L-AEPNK. What do you think? Looking forward to your response.

See corolla wey go Havard here.
https://www.nairaland.com/6710137/foreign-used-2008-corolla-107530miles#104967012

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nacozee: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2021
AbujaNigeria:
Two days ago driving home my 2003 Toyota Corolla Airbag Light suddenly stays On. I have check some connections beneath the drivers and passengers seat and everything is ok. I have not done any electrical work on the car since it came as toks over a year ago.

Please help.

Is it a problem if the airbag stays on?? I have seen that on my Toyota Venza. What could it mean please guys
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Brainbox0806: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oga Gazzuz please I need help as regards my Camry 2010, if I start the engine in the morning,the rpm needle fluctuate, if I don't warm up the engine very well before driving it could go off after 5 minutes of early morning start, but after firing the engine well, everything becomes stable and can function for several hours without showing any malfunction signs.

After packing at the office for say 6 hours, then start the engine, it could show same signs but after warming it up,it could drive hours without malfunction. I have washed the tank, bought new fuel pump, serviced the nozzle and cleaned the injector. What do you suggest could be the problem, thank you.

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sulm: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
Gazuzz and other guru....

Please I just got a pilot 09, when the car is cold, the transmission dip stick does not show any level, but when hot or gear engaged, the dip stick has oil on it beyond the hot line.

Pls is this normal? If no, what kind of oil can I get for pilot 09 transmission? Do I top up? Or drain and refill new oil?

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.