Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915454 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2022
xidik:
Hi Car Guru in the house

I bought a naija used camry 2008 with 110000mileage. I used 5w30 mobile 1 and is burning oil. At about 1000mileage i add two liters to keep the stick full. i understand from this thread that it as a recall issue.
1. Please can i change to higher weight oil to reduce the consumption and what oil weight would you recommend.
2. Would you recommend any addictive to reduce the oil burn.

I wish I could use it a little bit before a rebuild or engine change

Thanks

Realistically , run 20w50, drain oil every 2-3k miles.

The books will tell you to rebuild.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2022
layi:
I use a 2010 venza

whenever i park under the sun for hours and i start car, the AC vents on driver side will blow only fan (even when set to max cooling) but all other vents starts cooling immediately.
I'll need to drive the car around for at least 20mins before the 2 driver side vents picks up and start cooling.

Pls who has experience with this..i dont want to be scammed by these AC technicians. one is already saying i'll have to replace condenser and compressor.Thats ridiculous

Low on refrigerant
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2022
Ernesttoby30:
Please Those using Honda civic 07, which Oil brand are you using?

I bought a Nigerian used Honda civic 07 and i want to service it tomorrow morning. But i don't know the right oil brand to use. User manual said 5w20. But the right oil brand is my problem now...

Continue busing what the last person was using.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2022
erotji:
Please what's the solution for leaky bottom plate and crank shaft oil seal(inner one).? My oil dries up rapidly when I drive the car. It's a toyota camry orobo. Please help. The mechanic have changed it and it's still the same problem.

Worn threads cheesy

You will need to take it to a machine shop for the threads to be fixed.

About the oil seal I have no idea what inner seal is.

You have the back seal (flywheel) and the one under the harmonic balancer (pulley)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2022
Androidking:
I want to top up gear fluid oil automatic transmission, must I use the previous product , like I used oando product befor ,can I use another product gear if I want to top up .  Thanks

Vehicle name model and transmission type, and I can help with a solution
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:05am On Jan 06, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Realistically , run 20w50, drain oil every 2-3k miles.

The books will tell you to rebuild.

Boss Happy New Year... I want make order for tyres
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45am On Jan 06, 2022
dru23:

The reason why the car runs smoothly is less friction .. The 5w30 oil is able to easily get into the engine running parts and lubricate easier and faster. This will allow your car to respond faster when you put ur foot on the petal . less friction= faster response

Unlike 20w50 thicker oil, takes longer to lubricate all moving parts of the engine . The reason why it consumes more fuel than 5w30. This is due to thickness of the oil , the oil pump is working harder than its suppose to . this allowing it to consume more fuel . continue using the recommended oil and u will enjoy the car .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2022
Hello, please help me solve this issue. My 2005 Toyota Corolla will not start. All the electrical components come up when I turn the key but only the engine would not start.

Previously, once I clean the battery terminal and make a tight contact the engine will come up and work perfectly.

Now it does not even come up again at all, but the electrical come up. I have cleaned the deposits in the electrodes and make a tight contact with the electrodes yet same thing .

I am suspecting the terminal cable or maybe the battery is weak now and no longer able to carry the engine.

What is your take on this eng. GAUZ.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2022
molybdenum0012:
Hello, please help me solve this issue. My 2005 Toyota Corolla will not start. All the electrical components come up when I turn the key but only the engine would not start.

Previously, once I clean the battery terminal and make a tight contact the engine will come up and work perfectly.

Now it does not even come up again at all, but the electrical come up. I have cleaned the deposits in the electrodes and make a tight contact with the electrodes yet same thing .

I am suspecting the terminal cable or maybe the battery is weak now and no longer able to carry the engine.

Thanks

Starter motor. AKA kick starter
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=109128412][/quote]

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
molybdenum0012:

Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Androidking: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Vehicle name model and transmission type, and I can help with a solution

Toyota matrix 2003

Automatic transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Hahaha… Gazzuz.
Thanks. They replacing the brush and solenoid in the kickstart now.. thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Androidking:

Toyota matrix 2003

Automatic transmission

Toyota TIV
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by izaac23(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2022
Pls I scanned my Corolla 2003, and it shows these codes below, gurus pls help me point out wat to correct so as to make sure these kaseems dont spoil more things in the effort of correcting the fault. Thanks pls.
Am waiting nervously for ur replies

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
What type of coolant is best for Corolla 09. Current one is the pink color. Word on the street says abro green is the best meanwhile Toyota says to use their long life coolant
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
debeey87:
What type of coolant is best for Corolla 09. Current one is the pink color. Word on the street says abro green is the best meanwhile Toyota says to use their long life coolant

Go with Toyota

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
izaac23:
Pls I scanned my Corolla 2003, and it shows these codes below, gurus pls help me point out wat to correct so as to make sure these kaseems dont spoil more things in the effort of correcting the fault. Thanks pls.
Am waiting nervously for ur replies

If it is your first time seeing the codes clear them . If they have been there for a while without solution, it will be very difficult remotely solving an evap code
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2022
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=109128412][/quote]
Is he going to heaven or hell? Come & complete this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2022
xidik:
Hi Car Guru in the house

I bought a naija used camry 2008 with 110000mileage. I used 5w30 mobile 1 and is burning oil. At about 1000mileage i add two liters to keep the stick full. i understand from this thread that it as a recall issue.
1. Please can i change to higher weight oil to reduce the consumption and what oil weight would you recommend.
2. Would you recommend any addictive to reduce the oil burn.

I wish I could use it a little bit before a rebuild or engine change

Thanks
Dru23 enemy grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Go with Toyota

Thanks chief
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2022
mejai:

Is he going to heaven or hell? Come & complete this.

I never see pesin wey escape H for mummy G.O grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
mejai:

Dru23 enemy grin

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
Ernesttoby30:
Please what could cause this sign on my dashboard?

Note the passenger seatbelt was faulty so i took the car for them to fix, ever since then i started noticing this icon.

Depending who is driving , the seat belt is detecting someone might be pregnant

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
debeey87:

There is a lot of fake stuff out there including Toyota coolant. I myself can't tell the difference...

Choose between the two. Prestone or Supertec coolant . Good for all cars and I import them myself

Since I import them myself rest assured of the authenticity of the product.......

" The devil you know , is better than the angel u don't know"

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
dru23:

There is a lot of fake stuff out there including Toyota coolant. I myself can't tell the difference...

Choose between the two. Prestone or Supertec coolant . Good for all cars and I import them myself

Since I import them myself rest assured of the authenticity of the product.......

" The devil you know , is better than the angel u don't know"

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2022
GAZZUZZ post=
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=109168019][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 6:37am On Jan 08, 2022
dru23:

The reason why the car runs smoothly is less friction .. The 5w30 oil is able to easily get into the engine running parts and lubricate easier and faster. This will allow your car to respond faster when you put ur foot on the petal . less friction= faster response

Unlike 20w50 thicker oil, takes longer to lubricate all moving parts of the engine . The reason why it consumes more fuel than 5w30. This is due to thickness of the oil , the oil pump is working harder than its suppose to . this allowing it to consume more fuel . continue using the recommended oil and u will enjoy the car .

Thanks cool
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by opetobi(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2022
Good morning everyone

Whenever I start my camry sport 2007, it has to warm/work for 20mins before moving if not the ignition will off when I press the gas. Though after some time on the road, the engine work will balance.

Is it normal to start an engine and wait for 10mins and above before moving (daily use) or is there a problem with the car?

How can someone maintain white beautiful car in Lagos Mainland.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2022
opetobi:
Good morning everyone

Whenever I start my camry sport 2007, it has to warm/work for 20mins before moving if not the ignition will off when I press the gas. Though after some time on the road, the engine work will balance.

Is it normal to start an engine and wait for 10mins and above before moving (daily use) or is there a problem with the car?

It's not normal. Try with a different brain box.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2022
opetobi:
Good morning everyone

Why not scan it to avoid guess work?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.