Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913560 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by opetobi(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2022
David50:

Why not scan it to avoid guess work?

Okay, I will try that
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by opetobi(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2022
Jamie1000:

It's not normal. Try with a different brain box.

Okay, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by xidik: 3:25am On Jan 09, 2022
any contrary opinion
dru23:

Lolz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 3:32am On Jan 09, 2022
xidik:
any contrary opinion

Engine shorts oil . Factory defect from 07 to 10 4cylinder. V6 has no issues at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
Please help me.

After driving a while,I sense heat from under the steering down to the pedal area...

Car is Honda Accord DC 2007.

What can be done please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Originakalokalo:
Please help me.

After driving a while,I sense heat from under the steering down to the pedal area...

Car is Honda Accord DC 2007.

What can be done please?

check your exhaust from driver's side angle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
Besto:

check your exhaust from driver's side angle.

I don't understand sir.

Thank you for your response anyway.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2022
Originakalokalo:

I don't understand sir.

Thank you for your response anyway.
Experienced same symptoms as you.

Discovered my exhaust had a leak.

The leak was facing the driver's side directly reason why I was feeling hotness from below my steering down to the pedal area.

Stopped after I fixed the leak.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Besto:

Experienced same symptoms as you.

Discovered my exhaust had a leak.

The leak was facing the driver's side directly reason why I was feeling hotness from below my steering down to the pedal area.

Stopped after I fixed the leak.

Thank you sir.

Will check it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
Please, car guru in the house, please what does this sign me in a car and what can I do to completely fix it

Okay.. I started noticing the light after the mechanic work on the shock absorbers and the steering rack

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:12am On Jan 12, 2022
ReformerD:
Please, car guru in the house, please what does this sign me in a car and what can I do to completely fix it

Okay.. I started noticing the light after the mechanic work on the shock absorbers and the steering rack

Scan the abs/VSC system

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2022
ReformerD:

check sensors/wires around the shock... he has tripped something.. that sign means something is wrong with your traction control...

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mikeshine(m): 9:34am On Jan 13, 2022
Please I'm a novice when it comes to car... Between 2008 Mazda CX-7 and Toyota 2003/2004 which is a more oo to buy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2022
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread in one way or the other.

My Honda Accord DC 2007 vibrates especially while on drive and the brake is pressed.

If I change the gear to neutral, the vibration stops.

If I remove my leg from the break and the vehicle moves freely, there is no vibration. Everything becomes normal.

Someone should please help profer solutions to this...

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elxandre(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
Mikeshine:
Please I'm a novice when it comes to car... Between 2008 Mazda CX-7 and Toyota 2003/2004 which is a more oo to buy?
Both cars aren't in same class or generation.
Confusing question if you ask me. cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 12:49am On Jan 14, 2022
Mikeshine:

Different generations is the only problem I see here. Lol. Regardless, buy the Toyota
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by justcallmenuel(m): 7:43am On Jan 14, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house, I just noticed my car is making a sound from the belt side. Pls what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dwizeone: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
justcallmenuel:
Good morning gurus in the house, I just noticed my car is making a sound from the belt side. Pls what could be the problem?

Check the belt for sign of breakage, your belt maybe getting worn out. Physical inspection will do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sammily(m): 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2022
Mikeshine:

Which Toyota model?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Go with Toyota

Got the coolant today.

There's a wobbling sound that comes from the front side of the car when I drive slowly or March brake. Visited a mechanic to check, he mentioned kamber(spelling might be wrong) bushing, loosendoone of the tires and showed me a rubber on the front side that seems worn out already.

He's encouraging me to buy the one cut from thick tire as opposed to a brand new bushing from factory.

Abeg which is better. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Jan 15, 2022
debeey87:

Got the coolant today.

There's a wobbling sound that comes from the front side of the car when I drive slowly or March brake. Visited a mechanic to check, he mentioned kamber(spelling might be wrong) bushing, loosendoone of the tires and showed me a rubber on the front side that seems worn out already.

He's encouraging me to buy the one cut from thick tire as opposed to a brand new bushing from factory.

Abeg which is better. Thanks

For your safety, pls install the proper bushings , they tend to last several years .

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

For your safety, pls install the proper bushings , they tend to last several years .

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Haywhy433(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2022
Good morning chiefs...

Please na car i dey see for dream since the beginning of 2022. I'll like to get a a used 2004-2006 Corolla but I'm really scared since I can't afford tokunbo. Scared of buying a car that'll end up using me instead.

How do I avoid buying a car that has been used for uber or bad generally? And what should be my budget to get the best. Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mikeshine(m): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2022
sammily:

Which Toyota model?

CAMRY
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Vision202: 11:11am On Jan 15, 2022
Good morning all,

Please whenever I'm in a traffic or trying to turn my car the steering will be hard and engine off at times and some lights comes up e.g battery, oil etc. I will have to off the engine and start again before moving. This issue always happen when I'm using AC, when I'm not using the AC it doesn't happen.

Please what can be the cause? It's Toyota Camry 2004.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myorh: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house.
My car initially came up with Check Engine Light. I scanned it and it showed Cylinder 4 misfire code (It had shown Cylinder 3 misfire before which I took to my mechanic, he cleared the code and advised that I buy Octane booster when next I fill up my Tank, that our fuels here are mostly the cause. I did that and car was okay for like a week).

I noticed it vibrates when I start it up just before the CEL and it latter settles. But one morning, I tried starting it but it didn’t come up at all until after cranking it for a while and stepping on the throttle simultaneously. I took it to the mechanic immediately after that, he serviced/ cleaned the nozzles this time and said it’s fine.

Fast forward to 2days after, the same vibration started again and when I scanned it, it showed the Cylinder 4 misfire code again (mind you I had already changed the 4 plugs and two ignition coils some months back when a misfire code came up)

Please gurus in the house, what can I do to permanently resolve this issue?
Its a 2013 Toyota Camry.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On Jan 16, 2022
myorh:
Good evening gurus in the house.
My car initially came up with Check Engine Light. I scanned it and it showed Cylinder 4 misfire code (It had shown Cylinder 3 misfire before which I took to my mechanic, he cleared the code and advised that I buy Octane booster when next I fill up my Tank, that our fuels here are mostly the cause. I did that and car was okay for like a week).

I noticed it vibrates when I start it up just before the CEL and it latter settles. But one morning, I tried starting it but it didn’t come up at all until after cranking it for a while and stepping on the throttle simultaneously. I took it to the mechanic immediately after that, he serviced/ cleaned the nozzles this time and said it’s fine.

Fast forward to 2days after, the same vibration started again and when I scanned it, it showed the Cylinder 4 misfire code again (mind you I had already changed the 4 plugs and two ignition coils some months back when a misfire code came up)

Please gurus in the house, what can I do to permanently resolve this issue?
Its a 2013 Toyota Camry.

What is an engine misfire?

If an engine misfires, the fuel fails to start burning when it should.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/misfire

You have the following factors to check.

1. Compression

2. Spark

3. Fuel supply

4. Timing (sequence)

You also have devices to check

Spark plugs

Ignition coils

Injectors

Valves

Head gasket

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2022
Haywhy433:
Good morning chiefs...

Please na car i dey see for dream since the beginning of 2022. I'll like to get a a used 2004-2006 Corolla but I'm really scared since I can't afford tokunbo. Scared of buying a car that'll end up using me instead.

How do I avoid buying a car that has been used for uber or bad generally? And what should be my budget to get the best. Thanks in advance
You can goto jiji to see prices and shortlist.
Then get a good mechanic for pre-purchase inspection, a very thorough inspection is very important.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myorh: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

What is an engine misfire?

You have the following factors to check.

1. Compression

2. Spark

3. Fuel supply

4. Timing (sequence)

You also have devices to check

Spark plugs

Ignition coils

Injectors

Valves

Head gasket

Thank you ��, would get them checked.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
Good afternoon GAZZUZZ and other guris in the housem

I am planning on changing my car transmission and engine oils.

Please which oils should I buy for both the transmission and engine oils the car.

My car is a Toyota Corrola 2010.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
HilcomTech:
Good afternoon GAZZUZZ and other guris in the housem

I am planning on changing my car transmission and engine oils.

Please which oils should I buy for both the transmission and engine oils the car.

My car is a Toyota Corrola 2010.

Toyota WS for transmission and 0w20 engine oil. All available

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aljpimp(m): 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
Vision202:
Good morning all,

Please whenever I'm in a traffic or trying to turn my car the steering will be hard and engine off at times and some lights comes up e.g battery, oil etc. I will have to off the engine and start again before moving. This issue always happen when I'm using AC, when I'm not using the AC it doesn't happen.

Please what can be the cause? It's Toyota Camry 2004.
Thanks.
This happens mostly at night when the AC is very cold right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.