Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (920129 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2022
HilcomTech:
Good morning car gurus,

I scanned my Toyota Corolla 2010 about two weeks ago ago after the engine light came up and the following codes came up.
1) P0138
2) P0607
The codes were cleared but they came back after about a week.

Please what steps should I take to resolve the situation.

Thanks

Cc: Gazzuzz
dru23
autologic

the oxygen sensor could have shorted out on the exhaust system or the wiring from the battery to the sensor has a short or break in it.

Check the oxygen sensor and see if the wiring is plugged in and if there is any broken wires at or near the sensor..

Check all those things out.. And do not let any mechanic bypass those sensors. And do not let any mechanic retape any sensor wire..

Those sensors at times are worn out and need total replacement .... Either way try those things and if nothing works buzz me up .. I will see if I can import brand new sensors from the USA .. I will be loading in the next 2 weeks.....

And funny enough I imported a 2010 model sport about 2 years ago( pics below) .. They are really nice cars and easy to maintain .. Use the correct fluid and the car will serve you for many years to come

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2022
dru23:

the oxygen sensor could have shorted out on the exhaust system or the wiring from the battery to the sensor has a short or break in it.

Check the oxygen sensor and see if the wiring is plugged in and if there is any broken wires at or near the sensor..

Check all those things out.. And do not let any mechanic bypass those sensors. And do not let any mechanic retape any sensor wire..

Those sensors at times are worn out and need total replacement .... Either way try those things and if nothing works buzz me up .. I will see if I can import brand new sensors from the USA .. I will be loading in the next 2 weeks.....

And funny enough I imported a 2010 model sport about 2 years ago( pics below) .. They are really nice cars and easy to maintain .. Use the correct fluid and the car will serve you for many years to come
Dru on the beat.
You never disappoint
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gluck4cars: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2022
wasuka14:
Having issue with my Kia Sorento EX 2005 model, for about 3weeks now. I don't know if anyone can help here.
The problem is once I start the car and drive it for like 2 or 3 kilometers, then it won't accelerate again and it will be making sound like 'pup pup pup' I have to wait till it cold before it can move again and once it hot the same thing will start.

Along the line, we have changed the crane saft sensor, changed the fuel pump, [s]changed nosstle and plug. Changed the coil[/s]. The problem still there. Pls help.

Any of the following below could present one or more of the symptoms you have described:
1. A catalytic converter that's clogging up
2. A fuel pump that is failing intermittently
3. A MAF meter that's failing
4. An ECU that's failing

Obviously it's not Fuel pump, since you have already swapped that out. Though be careful solving faults just by swapping with another part especially if it is a Belgium part.
I would not include the items I struck out in your post above just because of the "Pup pup pup" sound which is related to misfiring.
If you are in Lagos or Port Harcourt and need further help, drop your WhatsApp digits then I will tell you where to go for a mechanic to run free scans while isolating the symptoms observed. Only that way can a diagnosis be reached. All the best.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2022
jceesquare:

Dru on the beat.
You never disappoint

My brother we rise by lifting others.. Am just doing my own part o

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gluck4cars: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2022
soviete:
Oga Gazzuzz, I got issues with my kia rio 2009 sedan..not hatchback...
At First, it couldn't go up hill. it would move well on leveled surfaces but it won't go uphill especially from a stop. I went to various mechanics they couldn't pin point the actually issue...one said it could be fuel pump..another said to change spark plugs and clean the nozzle and fuel injector..another said timing was off..they all tried but It still didn't stop.
They later said it's a wiring issue that it's a rewire job. Rewire change fuel pump and ignition coil. After that one finished car moved very well but reverse gear didn't work cheesy and it makes on clanking sound when it's idling...but once you rev the engine the sounds stops. Rewire said that wasn't his jurisdiction that na mechanic work but that was the last straw for me...I change am for rewire...carry my car comot and haven't taken it anywhere since then sad

Too many hands spoil the soup.
The problem was the ignition coil. Which has been fixed. However during the course of trial and error (Nozzle cleaning, Timing adjustment) other problems/ damage has been caused. SORRY.
Try and locate a mechanic with knowledge of using the simplest of scanners in guiding his diagnosis of cars with OBD 2 ports.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gluck4cars: 9:36am On Jun 01, 2022
endemophy:
Hello gurus in the house.....I have a corolla 06, whenever I put it on D I notice it vibrate expecially when am not moving, but if am on speed the vibration reduce.....but it doesn't vibrate when on N or P
It's most likely a misfiring which you won't notice when the vehicle is idling on P or N but becomes more obvious on the when the entire drive train is engaged. You surely have been ignoring the check engine light.
A scanner will certainly help an experienced hand to isolate the bad part.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gluck4cars: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Dez10:
Dear cars enthusiasts,
Only two codes on d car: P0128(catalyst efficiency below threshold.
P01441(evaporative emission leaks).
Should i bother abi make i still dey touch touch?
I am planning to replace my upstream & downstream oxygen sensors, though no code from both sensors.
Best Regards.

Have you always had those codes since you got the car?
Is your catalyst still intact or removed?
Need answers on the above to guide you further.

Whenwhile check the code you typed. Is it P0420 you meant or P0128
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gluck4cars: 10:02am On Jun 01, 2022
Kieseni:
Good morning car gurus,

My RX350 has been having issues. Steering has been stiff while turning, steering rack has been changed, but the issue still somehow exists. The engine also misfires, check engine light is on. So i decided to scan it. I have a small ELM 327 device. This is the result. I looked up the solutions and honestly, i still have some issues.

Sir, what do you advice?

Steering Issue:
You didn't tell how or when the Stiffness began?
Why change the steering rack? Is there a gap when you turn your steering or is fluid leaking from the steering?
Confirm if the fluid in your power steering fluid container bubbles when the steering is turning.

Misfiring issue:
When did you replace your plugs last and hope they are not Belgium?
With those codes your mechanic should isolate further issues in cylinder 3, 4 and 6.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2022
P0014 definition: Exhaust Camshaft Timing- Over-Advanced Bank 1

Please , how severe is this code ?

The Rewire said its nothing much to worried about as long as i can ignore the check engine light

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gluck4cars: 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReformerD:

The Rewire said its nothing much to worried about as long as i can ignore the check engine light

The P0014 might be an early warning of your timing belt cutting. Which if it happens while on speed would bend all your valves.
So it's up to you to decide if such is severe or not.
Actual diagnosis will depend on your vehicle type, year model and further checks to isolate other possibilities like camshaft position sensor?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReformerD:

This is a Kia, looks like a timing chain.

The exhaust cam actuator has failed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

This is a Kia, looks like a timing chain.

The exhaust cam actuator has failed.

Yes, the car is kia, please what did you suggest I do sir and or what should I tell the mechanic to check or work on ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2022
dru23:

Good observation sir.
However, you could have given OP the option of getting a new sensor locally instead of waiting 2 weeks for you to load and wait for your container to berth and clear.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2022
olumzzz:

Good observation sir.
However, you could have given OP the option of getting a new sensor locally instead of waiting 2 weeks for you to load and wait for your container to berth and clear.

Dru will always be Dru cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Futuristic dru
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2022
olumzzz:

Good observation sir.

My brother getting parts in the market now is a 50/50 chance..... It will be better for him to wait and get it from the USA.. It will help him to save money in the long run .... The increase on duties has made things unreliable to get good parts ..... And I never advice to get use sensors
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

I have loaded 3 containers so far this year .. I will be loading another 1 next week .......

I have and will continue to improve with meeting demands of our loyal customers ........

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16am On Jun 02, 2022
dru23:

My brother getting parts in the market now is a 50/50 chance..... It will be better for him to wait and get it from the USA.. It will help him to save money in the long run .... The increase on duties has made things unreliable to get good parts ..... And I never advice to get use sensors

But you ship in used cars? cheesy

Where do used sensors come from? lipsrsealed

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Well when it comes to things like sensors . I will advice brand new ones .

Early this year I shipped 2 a/c compressor for my customers.

But this is my advice and it is up to the customer to decide

Ps. I will loading up a tokunbo Sienna soon 2008 model.... If u have any customers needing 1 let me know ..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2022
dru23:

Well when it comes to things like sensors . I will advice brand new ones .

Early this year I shipped 2 a/c compressor for my customers.

But this is my advice and it is up to the customer to decide

Ps. I will loading up a tokunbo Sienna soon 2008 model.... If u have any customers needing 1 let me know ..

I ship in more original stuff sir, OEM Toyota parts when needed.

Example 2012 Toyota Sienna

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

I ship in more original stuff sir, OEM Toyota parts when needed.

Example 2012 Toyota Sienna

Well on another note:

I was expecting you to talk more on the new increase on duty ...... To clear any car now from 2005 upwards u will pay at least 1m .......

Many car dealers will be out of business .. Car business is already dead , but with new duty that government has enforced just buried it.......

Curious to see how dealers will survive.... I might be closing shop soon

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2022
dru23:

Well on another note:

I was expecting you to talk more on the new increase on duty ...... To clear any car now from 2005 upwards u will pay at least 1m .......

Many car dealers will be out of business .. Car business is already dead , but with new duty that government has enforced just buried it.......

Curious to see how dealers will survive.... I might be closing shop soon
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
[quote author=melviniyke2002 post=113392343][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2022
Gluck4cars:

Have you always had those codes since you got the car?
Is your catalyst still intact or removed?
Need answers on the above to guide you further.

Whenwhile check the code you typed. Is it P0420 you meant or P0128

Thanks for you response sir.

The actual code is P0128 (coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature)

My catalyst is in tact.

The codes were there since i got d car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:58am On Jun 03, 2022
dru23:

Good Day Dru, Please how much can i get O2 sensors front and under for 2006 Toyota Camry i4 engine.. Please your response will be needed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Kanshi1:
If you know obi-wali road, Rumuigbo in portharcourt...opposite redbull supermarket, there's a mechanic by name Paul.
He is very very good

Good day boss, please can you share the mechanics phone number..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:10am On Jun 03, 2022
seanfer:

Good Day Dru, Please how much can i get O2 sensors front and under for 2006 Toyota Camry i4 engine.. Please your response will be needed

I have to check , it will cost alot due to the exchange rate.....

The Naira is not looking sexy at all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 11:26am On Jun 03, 2022
dru23:

I have to check , it will cost alot due to the exchange rate.....

The Naira is not looking sexy at all

Will be expecting feedback for the 2.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ivan18888888888: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
Good day everyone !!!

Considering the cost of a bmw catalyst. What is the best possible alternative ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:50am On Jun 04, 2022
Ivan18888888888:
Good day everyone !!!

Considering the cost of a bmw catalyst. What is the best possible alternative ?
The best possible alternative is to sell the bm and buy a corolla jejely.
If you can't buy a catalyst for your bm, you ain't ready to own a bm

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.