Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,244 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (917128 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
Please, what's the meaning of this code my Rewire seems not to get what it's all about.
Note , the eps light is on and when they diagnosed it , it showing invalid vehicles speed, it makes me steering becomes stiff ,
Car is kia optima 2013

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dante12412(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
Good evening everyone,pls what's the right Sound System to buy and put in my Toyota Sienna XLE,the right steering oil to use as well as the right Tyre. I need to buy these things and get ready for the day ahead, it's my personal cat which I use for my Business.

Thanks in anticipation for your mind blowing answers. grin wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
ReformerD:
Please, what's the meaning of this code my Rewire seems not to get what it's all about.
Note , the eps light is on and when they diagnosed it , it showing invalid vehicles speed, it makes me steering becomes stiff ,
Car is kia optima 2013

Download this service bulletin https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10162044-0001.pdf

Check the flow chart and table for recommendations.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by buygala(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Mechanic solved one problem and created another . Your fuel tank is unable to hold vacuum, it is leaking air pressure, retrace steps, find leak

Cc buygala

Shey I talk am before grin
Mechanics are Satan's offspring.. always giving with the left hand and taking with the right smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
frebor:

Download this service bulletin https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10162044-0001.pdf

Check the flow chart and table for recommendations.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 7:27am On Jul 29, 2022
@GAZZUZZ after replacing my inner cup shaft. VSA and ABS light came on, ever than. Any suggestions
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Burchester:
@GAZZUZZ after replacing my inner cup shaft. VSA and ABS light came on, ever than. Any suggestions

mechanic solved one problem, and related another. One or more of your wheel speed sensors is either not positioned properly, or is now defective.

Cc buygala
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 8:32am On Jul 29, 2022
Burchester:

What vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 8:45am On Jul 29, 2022
Itsrm:

What vehicle

Honda accord 2008
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 8:56am On Jul 29, 2022
Burchester:

Honda accord 2008

Watch this video , you may have to do it more than once especially if you don't get it right the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f11x3XGRns
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by buygala(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

mechanic solved one problem, and related another. One or more of your wheel speed sensors is either not positioned properly, or is now defective.

Cc buygala

grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluayebenz: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2022
buygala:

grin

How much is your carton of gala? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
ReformerD:

I can switch from Mobil 1 to super 2000 5w-30 without any issues right ?
hmmm
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
buygala:

Shey I talk am before grin
Mechanics are Satan's offspring.. always giving with the left hand and taking with the right smiley
I wouldn't know if this incident is related to what I've been experiencing for over a year now. After a mechanic worked on my car, if I buy say 10 liters and above of PMS the car wouldn't start on its own until I press gas pedal simultaneously while starting the car. Even if it starts the sound wouldn't be smooth until after a few meters. Subsequently, the car would start and rev smoothly. Please assist with advice where possible. Many thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
I always have a challenge with my car whenever I top up my fuel;
I've been experiencing this challenge for over a year now. After a mechanic worked on my car, if I buy say 10 liters and above of PMS the car wouldn't start on its own until I press gas pedal simultaneously while starting the car. Even if it starts the sound wouldn't be smooth until after a few meters. Subsequently, the car would start and rev smoothly. Please assist with advice where possible. Many thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
frebor:

Yh, stick with Mobil 1. Low quality oil will deteriorate over time while sitting. Take the car out more, run it hard so moisture and carbon deposits can be burnt out.
Can regular use of the air conditioner use be a way of "running it hard"? I regularly drive to office and within town with room to fire the car hard.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
nymphomaniac:
thanks boss. I will make sure he drains every last drop after fixing along with a new filter. The gauge was indeed low. I had never noticed a leakage prior. I am suspecting oil burn as the oil has been below gauge twice during last two service sessions but there’s no smoke at all. It’s an engine regularly serviced engine at 3k miles or less if up to 3 months and a 1MZ

Also, he says the engine has to be brought down to fix the issue. Is this indeed the case?
I think there's engine cleaner they add to oil and then allow to rev for 3 minutes and drain. It's should be able to clean the old oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
There's this injector cleaner that fuel attendants usually disturb me about. I want to ask if it's okay to pour that into my tank.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
samuelson06:
There's this injector cleaner that fuel attendants usually disturb me about. I want to ask if it's okay to pour that into my tank.
look for liquimoly injector cleaner if u must use a cleaner
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 12:54am On Jul 31, 2022
treatise:

Can regular use of the air conditioner use be a way of "running it hard"? I regularly drive to office and within town with room to fire the car hard.

Nope, do like 100km/h for a few kilometers.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:11am On Jul 31, 2022
treatise:
I always have a challenge with my car whenever I top up my fuel;
I've been experiencing this challenge for over a year now. After a mechanic worked on my car, if I buy say 10 liters and above of PMS the car wouldn't start on its own until I press gas pedal simultaneously while starting the car. Even if it starts the sound wouldn't be smooth until after a few meters. Subsequently, the car would start and rev smoothly. Please assist with advice where possible. Many thanks

Car has a name?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 3:47am On Jul 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Car has a name?
Yes Boss, it's a Mitsubishi Lancer 2004 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:16am On Jul 31, 2022
treatise:

Yes Boss, it's a Mitsubishi Lancer 2004 model.

Replace purge valve. It's in the engine bay

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 4:51am On Jul 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks so much Boss!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 4:52am On Jul 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Do you have it sir? Getting the parts of the car in where I live is herculean.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2022
Bizzyliss:
look for liquimoly injector cleaner if u must use a cleaner

Alright. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2022
treatise:

Do you have it sir? Getting the parts of the car in where I live is herculean.

Technically is same part in lots of vehicles, first identify it, remove and you will be shocked how easily you will find it

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Technically is same part in lots of vehicles, first identify it, remove and you will be shocked how easily you will find it
Okay sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ThatIgboBoy: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2022
Good day Gazzuzz and other senior guys here.
I use an acura tsx 2008 model
I need help. Seems my car is guzzling fuel.
I scanned it sometime in June and it showed my my 02 sensor was bad with code P0135. I bought another 02 sensor and changed it. Cleared the error code and since then whenever I scan with my Bluetooth scanner, that error code does not show
But on the vehicle instrument cluster, I have been monitoring the average fuel usage for my trips
I see high figures of between 27 to 30 L/100km.That got me alarmed.
I went to a mech and asked him to scan my car and I got the code P1157. Infact the guy said this ur car go dey drink fuel oo
I am confused guys.
Yesterday I proceeded to change my plugs and also clean my engine air filter. Still the trip computer is showing me 30 L/100km as instant average fuel usage.
Make una help me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
ThatIgboBoy:
Good day Gazzuzz and other senior guys here.
I use an acura tsx 2008 model
I need help. Seems my car is guzzling fuel.
I scanned it sometime in June and it showed my my 02 sensor was bad with code P0135. I bought another 02 sensor and changed it. Cleared the error code and since then whenever I scan with my Bluetooth scanner, that error code does not show
But on the vehicle instrument cluster, I have been monitoring the average fuel usage for my trips
I see high figures of between 27 to 30 L/100km.That got me alarmed.
I went to a mech and asked him to scan my car and I got the code P1157. Infact the guy said this ur car go dey drink fuel oo
I am confused guys.
Yesterday I proceeded to change my plugs and also clean my engine air filter. Still the trip computer is showing me 30 L/100km as instant average fuel usage.
Make una help me.
1. How long in miles and minutes is your average trip?
2. Where do you regularly drive from and to?
3.do you leave the engine to idle a lot (e.g warming in the morning, while gisting with a friend etc)
4. Do you drive it like you stole it (racing) or like a grandpa?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 6:10am On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=9icetoo post=115263814]
3.do you leave the engine to idle a lot (e.g warming in the morning, while gisting with a friend etc)

[quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ThatIgboBoy: 8:02am On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

Home to office is not actually far. Highest 15 to 20mins drive devoid of traffic
It is only during the weekends I take it out to farther distance. If ur in lagos u should know from ojo to ikoyi and vgc is quite some distance. I have done that during weekends.
I Don leave it to idle a lot.
I maintain between 60 to 80 on highways. I believe that's good enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.