Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (920071 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
ArticleBeast:
Hello GAZZUZZ. I scanned my Honda Accord Baby boy and it is showing p1259 (manufacturer control). Please what can I do to solve the code issue.

Kingrein Luvinhubby

VTech malfunction. Ensure no engine oil leaks and that all oil seals are not leaking .

Ensure you are not short on engine oil.

If all that is checked out, clear the code. And drive for a while (drive hard exceeding 3.5rpm) rescan if code is still there check or replace device in the pic

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 2:07am On Jul 20, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

VTech malfunction. Ensure no engine oil leaks and that all oil seals are not leaking .

Ensure you are not short on engine oil.

If all that is checked out, clear the code. And drive for a while (drive hard exceeding 3.5rpm) rescan if code is still there check or replace device in the pic
Thank you bro. But please what is its common name among mechanic? My mechanic might not what VTech mean
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jomabu: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2022
Hello Mr Gazzuzz, Please my camry 2011 jerks sometimes and doesn't accelerate at 20-30km/hr(it just makes noise and then jerk to pick again). The reverse also fails sometimes. Please, find attached the results from scanning. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56am On Jul 20, 2022
Jomabu:
Hello Mr Gazzuzz, Please my camry 2011 jerks sometimes and doesn't accelerate at 20-30km/hr(it just makes noise and then jerk to pick again). The reverse also fails sometimes. Please, find attached the results from scanning. Thank you

See packaging .....

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aieromon(m): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

See packaging .....

And maximum billing grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jomabu: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=114910431]

[color=#000099]See packaging .....

Lol. Oga Gazzuzz what do you suggest please.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jomabu:

Because of professional courtesy, I will not respond to this.

Kindly take down their information and type out your issues.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Damscole: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2022
I've not had time to do that because am a soldier and didn't even drive the car till yesterday I drove it for 20 km on my way back the gear started jerking I tried to check the gear oil guage I noticed that the dionstick is broken so I just put one can of ATF inside I then tried to drive it not the car only drive on gear one which disengage at intervals when driving. My mechanic said it's gear fibres can I repair it or I should replace the gear thanks.
GAZZUZZ:

Take a pic of your temp gauge with engine running.

Scan the engine and transmission and post codes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jomabu: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=114915246]

[color=#000099] Because of professional courtesy, I will not respond to this.

Kindly take down their information and type out your issues.

Thank you. I have done that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honda001: 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
9icetoo:

You have your tpms light on.

Make sure your tyre pressures are all above 32 psi. Do not exceed 36 psi.
Your vsc light is one. It could be related to the TPMS light or the check engine light that is on.

Scan the car to know the related code.

The scan will also reveal why your check engine light is on.

The airbag light is on probably because you haven't belted up.

Post codes⁶ here and you will enjoy the help of so many knowledgeable folks here.
any reason while he should not exceed 36psi
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
Zamorano14:
Good evening house, pls my Lexus Rx330 keeps making squeaking sound which makes me think the alternator belt needs to be changed but after Changing the belt, the sound still continues, so my mechanic said to lubricate the bearings with oil as that should be the cause of the squeaking sound because the bearings are dry. After lubricating the bearings, this squeaking sound still persists and even more louder this time but the mechanic said to keep driving it for a while as the bearings are not rhymed well yet with the lubricant, that immediately they are rhymed with the lubricant, the sound will stop. Please help on how to fix this, as this sound is so embarrassing while driving

Once had this issue. Changed belts multiple times and even two of the idle rotors.. but there was no difference. Infact, the noise became louder.

I later later changed the BELT TO A SLIGHTLY SHORTER ONE. The noise disappeared.
Apparantly, the previous belt had expanded a bit

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
Yansham:
Good morning House,

I noticed a sound coming ( like a metal hitting/rubbing on another metal) from my engine beside the belt area. The car is Camry 2007 with a 3.5 L V6 (2GR−FE) engine

What could be the problem?

Cc: GAZZUZZ

Did u recently work on that area eg compressor servicing or installation, power steering pump repair etc
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yansham: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
David50:

Did u recently work on that area eg compressor servicing or installation, power steering pump repair etc

No work was done recently
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
Good evening guys. My car is a Toyota Camry 2003. I drove for about 30mins today and then parked. After 2hrs I wanted to leave and saw my car heavily dripping engine oil on the ground as I reversed. I parked and checked to see an oil leak. Called a mechanic around and he went under the car and said it is the crankshaft oil seal that needs changing.

Questions
1. He says it is 7k for the seal. Fair?
2. To start the car and detect the leak, he had to pour in oil from another car’s previous oil change to “top up”. Pls how do I get every last drop of that oil out of the car before I put my normal 5w-30 and new filter when he is done? Will my car ever remain normal?

I have to use this guy because the car is far from home.

Kindly advise

Cc: Gazzuzz, kingreign. Nurey. 9icetoo

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Good evening guys. My car is a Toyota Camry 2003. I drove for about 30mins today and then parked. After 2hrs I wanted to leave and saw my car heavily dripping engine oil on the ground as I reversed. I parked and checked to see an oil leak. Called a mechanic around and he went under the car and said it is the crankshaft oil seal that needs changing.

Questions
2. To start the car and detect the leak, he had to pour in oil from another car’s previous oil change to “top up”. Pls how do I get every last drop of that oil out of the car before I put my normal 5w-30 and new filter when he is done? Will my car ever remain normal?

Kindly advise

That seal is not more than 1k.

Why did you allow him pour condemned oil into your engine?

Why didn't you check the oil level to see if it was really necessary to top off the oil?

Seriously, you guys just allow mechanics to do anything they like on your cars.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
Grupo:

That seal is not more than 1k.

Why did you allow him pour condemned oil into your engine?

Why didn't you check the oil level to see if it was really necessary to top off the oil?

Seriously, you guys just allow mechanics to do anything they like on your cars.
thanks boss. I will make sure he drains every last drop after fixing along with a new filter. The gauge was indeed low. I had never noticed a leakage prior. I am suspecting oil burn as the oil has been below gauge twice during last two service sessions but there’s no smoke at all. It’s an engine regularly serviced engine at 3k miles or less if up to 3 months and a 1MZ

Also, he says the engine has to be brought down to fix the issue. Is this indeed the case?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
nymphomaniac:

Questions

Kindly advise

There are 2 major seals. One in between the engine and transmission, and the other behind the harmonic balancer, AKA belt pulley. Original seals are about ₦10,000. Fake about ₦1000.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
nymphomaniac:
thanks boss. I will make sure he drains every last drop after fixing along with a new filter. The gauge was indeed low. I had never noticed a leakage prior. I am suspecting oil burn as the oil has been below gauge twice during last two service sessions but there’s no smoke at all. It’s an engine regularly serviced engine at 3k miles or less if up to 3 months and a 1MZ

Also, he says the engine has to be brought down to fix the issue. Is this indeed the case?

This is a serious leak. Are you sure it is engine oil? Back seals do not just explode, they can drop for years.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

This is a serious leak. Are you sure it is engine oil? Back seals do not just explode, they can drop for years.

it is engine oil. I thought it was fuel but it stayed quite a while on the floor instead of evaporating. The source of the leak is visible when front passenger side tyre is removed and the car is switched on. When it leaks, the engine pulley takes up the oil. I am just very worried. I will buy the seal myself to ensure it’s original then buy the oil and filter as well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
nymphomaniac:
it is engine oil. I thought it was fuel but it stayed quite a while on the floor instead of evaporating. The source of the leak is visible when front passenger side tyre is removed and the car is switched on. When it leaks, the engine pulley takes up the oil. I am just very worried. I will buy the seal myself to ensure it’s original then buy the oil and filter as well

You have said 2 different things.

This seal does not require engine removal.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

You have said 2 different things.

This seal does not require engine removal.
I will take a picture tomorrow. Thanks for all your help sir. I’ll also buy the seal.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2022
honda001:
any reason while he should not exceed 36psi
The max cold air tire pressure for passenger vehicle tyres is usually 44 Psi.

I do not know the age of his vehicle tyres. The older they are, the more susceptible they are to blowouts from higher pressures.

On the door sticker where the manufacturer states the recommended maximum tyre pressure, I am yet to see pressures higher than 36psi for regular passenger cars.

Some are even as low as 32psi.

I have read that some TPMS sensors also show higher pressures as a fault and light up on the dash. Reducing the pressure in the affected tyres clears the fault.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by winzy(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hi guys,

I have this 2012 Camry that cranks and will not start.

It has not being like this - problem started when I gave a mechanic the car to service and wash it.

The car key came back spoilt and disabled from the fob, it actually started when it was being taken to be refuelled after the incident but after it was refuelled it refused to start in the filling station.

The mechanic came the next day and started it saying that nothing was wrong with the car or the keys transponder that it was just a fuse that did cut in the fuse box, he took the car key and packaged it again but on receiving the key - the car did not start again by my friend that is in the company of the car.

NB= car doesn't have no security just a tracker.

Please what do you think might be the issue here abi someone is not being honest with me?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zamorano14(m): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
David50:

Once had this issue. Changed belts multiple times and even two of the idle rotors.. but there was no difference. Infact, the noise became louder.

I later later changed the BELT TO A SLIGHTLY SHORTER ONE. The noise disappeared.
Apparantly, the previous belt had expanded a bit
Thank you, I’ll try that again if it will work for me also, I just lubricated even the propeller joints also but the noise is still the same
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 12:29am On Jul 23, 2022
Is this a good scanner to purchase for scanning a Corolla and erasing error codes? Thanks.

Also asides from a faulty speed sensor, what could cause the speedometer to stop working. Other questions I have pertains to
1. fuel gauge doesn't read correctly as well
2. Abs and srs airbag light is one.
3. Parking brake light won't go off even when the brake oil tank is full.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 5:05am On Jul 23, 2022
debeey87:
Is this a good scanner to purchase for scanning a Corolla and erasing error codes? Thanks.

Also asides from a faulty speed sensor, what could cause the speedometer to stop working. Other questions I have pertains to
1. fuel gauge doesn't read correctly as well
2. Abs and srs airbag light is one.
3. Parking brake light won't go off even when the brake oil tank is full.
check abs module
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tenz(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2022
Allow me place your Jumia orders for you at no extra cost {Jumia Agent}, be it:

• Car Accessories
• Phones
• Televisions
• Refrigerators
• Home theaters / Speakers
• Generators
• Skin/Body Care Products
• Clothings
• Computers
• Video Games
• Other Electronics
• And many more

Delivery is within 24-48hrs to major cities
Pay on delivery available to major cities
07055779329(Call or whatapp)
{ NO SHADY BUSINESS}

× Easier order returns
× Lesser delivery charges
× Avoid wrong order placements
× Less logistic issues and delivery time
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lordfalcao(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Please who knows the best recommend engine oil and gear oil for acura MDX 2010
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
lordfalcao:
Please who knows the best recommend engine oil and gear oil for acura MDX 2010
For engine oil, 5w20 is recommended by manufacturer.

The 2010 engine is plagued by oil shortage due to poorly designed oil controlled rings and the nikasil liner.

I suggest you use 5w30 to control oil burn and change every 5k miles if you are using a quality synthetic (not semi synthetic oo) and every 3k miles if you are using non synthetic. You need 5 liters

For the transmission, it should be serviced every 40k miles. Use ATF DW1. DO NOT USE Z1. Make sure you are buying the original ATF DW1!

You will also need to keep an eye on your transfer case. That needs servicing once in a while too as well as your rear axle.

Your maintenance minder should remind when these need to be serviced.

Follow the maintenance minder for transmission, transfer case and axle oil changes.

Use the interval I quoted up there for engine oil changes.

Happy motoring.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lordfalcao(m): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
9icetoo:

For engine oil, 5w20 is recommended by manufacturer.

The 2010 engine is plagued by oil shortage due to poorly designed oil controlled rings and the nikasil liner.

I suggest you use 5w30 to control oil burn and change every 5k miles if you are using a quality synthetic (not semi synthetic oo) and every 3k miles if you are using non synthetic. You need 5 liters

For the transmission, it should be serviced every 40k miles. Use ATF DW1. DO NOT USE Z1. Make sure you are buying the original ATF DW1!

You will also need to keep an eye on your transfer case. That needs servicing once in a while too as well as your rear axle.

Your maintenance minder should remind when these need to be serviced.

Follow the maintenance minder for transmission, transfer case and axle oil changes.

Use the interval I quoted up there for engine oil changes.

Happy motoring.
thank you chief. Can I contact you?.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
lordfalcao:
thank you chief. Can I contact you?.
Sure thing chief.

My number is in my signature.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Creditalerts: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
@ Mr gazzuzz and all experienced car owners help,I bought a lexus es330 3 months now,tokunbo I'm enjoying the car but the wiper is dealing with me ,I have changed the wiper relay,wiper motor but still the intro mode on the wiper don't work and when I off the wipper it will stop anywhere,someone said I should scan to know the actual problem but I'm a novice on this .any suggestions will be highly appreciated thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.