Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913793 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Asquare84(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
How much does it cost to run a scan on Nigeria used car I intended buying
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Lekan239:
thanks, I will do it now, where can I buy this small scanner?

Check AliExpress or Jiji or any online store
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Asquare84:
How much does it cost to run a scan on Nigeria used car I intended buying

Na location mata
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
Lekan239:
thanks, I will do it now, where can I buy this small scanner?

US $1.86 36%OFF | OBD2 Scanner ELM327 V1.5 Auto Diagnostic Tool Elm 327 WIFI/Bluetooth V1.5 For Android/Ios/PC For All OBDII Protocol Code Reader
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtCcjOM

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Asquare84(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
zacwale:

Na location mata

Ondo state to be specific
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
ak22:

is still going to come up
you better scan and rectify it once
someone told me this. I will scan it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
zacwale:

Check AliExpress or Jiji or any online store
this one?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lightrp: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
calculation:

No sir, Provided good mechanical and original part are use.
Thanks sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 1:58am On Dec 01, 2022
Lekan239:
this one?

Just buy d 2500 for AliExpress na 800naira or 600naira
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 2:00am On Dec 01, 2022
Asquare84:

Ondo state to be specific

Good location for cars na from 5k to 20k

Why for trucks na from 80k to 120k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 5:15am On Dec 01, 2022
zacwale:

Just buy d 2500 for AliExpress na 800naira or 600naira
ok. I will get it from jumia
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdaAwka1: 10:39am On Dec 02, 2022
Help needed.
I am about to change the engine of my sienna 06 and i was told that the engine for 02 can also work on it how true is that. Cos i have an 02 tokunbo engine sent from the US.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bluedefender: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
So guys, I need expert insight on this issue.

I am looking at getting a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 for my dad.

After looking around I found this neat and well maintained ride.

I took my mechanic and a friend who knows alot about cars to inspect the car. The two drove the car around and attested that the car drives well and the gear box and engine is good.

The car selects well and it will be a good buy.

I asked for the price and went home.

The next day I made up my mind to go for the car. I called the owner to meet me somewhere. When we met he was telling about how somebody wanted to buy the car that very day but because of something the guy said after inspection, he refused the guy from paying.

I asked him what did the guy say, he told me that the guy’s mechanic adviced him not to buy the car because of the gearbox is about to go bad.

When I prompted him to explain more he continued talking that he noticed that in the morning, whenever he starts the car to move, the car takes some time before it actually moves.

He continued that he called his mechanic and his mechanic told came and checked the car and told him that the fault is not a bad gear box but the gear box oil pump.

That once it’s changed and the gear oil changed also, the issue will disappear.

On hearing this.

I had to retreat, my friend that went with me initially, said I should cancel off the car that the issue is the onset of a faulty gearbox whch will eventually pack up and require me buying a new gearbox.

I called my mechanic and narrated the issue to him, he said it’s a minor problem and repeated exactly what the seller’s mechanic said about the gear box oil pump.

That it can be fixed with 50-60k and the car will stop doing that.

That it’s not something to cancel the car for.

Now, I am left on a cross road who to believe.

Go with my friend who’s saying the mechanic is out to get paid because once I buy the car, he’s sure he’s the one that will fix the issue and it’s likely that the issue will project into other things giving that most mechanics do trial and error.

What do you guys think.

The car is really neat, well maintained and drives well.

And it falls within my budget.

It’s actually the neatest car I have seen since I started my quest to buy this big daddy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2022
bluedefender:
So guys, I need expert insight on this issue.

I am looking at getting a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 for my dad.

After looking around I found this neat and well maintained ride.

I took my mechanic and a friend who knows alot about cars to inspect the car. The two drove the car around and attested that the car drives well and the gear box and engine is good.

The car selects well and it will be a good buy.

I asked for the price and went home.

The next day I made up my mind to go for the car. I called the owner to meet me somewhere. When we met he was telling about how somebody wanted to buy the car that very day but because of something the guy said after inspection, he refused the guy from paying.

I asked him what did the guy say, he told me that the guy’s mechanic adviced him not to buy the car because of the gearbox is about to go bad.

When I prompted him to explain more he continued talking that he noticed that in the morning, whenever he starts the car to move, the car takes some time before it actually moves.

He continued that he called his mechanic and his mechanic told came and checked the car and told him that the fault is not a bad gear box but the gear box oil pump.

That once it’s changed and the gear oil changed also, the issue will disappear.

On hearing this.

I had to retreat, my friend that went with me initially, said I should cancel off the car that the issue is the onset of a faulty gearbox whch will eventually pack up and require me buying a new gearbox.

I called my mechanic and narrated the issue to him, he said it’s a minor problem and repeated exactly what the seller’s mechanic said about the gear box oil pump.

That it can be fixed with 50-60k and the car will stop doing that.

That it’s not something to cancel the car for.

Now, I am left on a cross road who to believe.

Go with my friend who’s saying the mechanic is out to get paid because once I buy the car, he’s sure he’s the one that will fix the issue and it’s likely that the issue will project into other things giving that most mechanics do trial and error.

What do you guys think.

The car is really neat, well maintained and drives well.

And it falls within my budget.

It’s actually the neatest car I have seen since I started my quest to buy this big daddy

Let him fix the Gear box and then you add the 60k he spent if it works perfectly. If not . OYO...
Because, 06 Camry comes with 13 pin gear box. It's the same gearbox in 07-09 Camry, AKA Muscle. It's delicate and expensive. 350k. If you can buy the car and still have this amount as emergency fund, then go ahead. You might not get a better deal and neat body, if everything is perfect except you have more than 2.5m for that car. Naija used!

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chiefojiji(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2022
Good day sirs.... Please how much does it cost to get a Tokunbo toyota matrix 2007 transmission solenoid?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanoski(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
Please I need this part for a 2009 honda fit

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdisaOwala: 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Occasionally, My Honda Accord 2008 CEL light flashes.

Thus usually occurs after a hard acceleration (pushing hard on the throttle).

The car feels a bit sluggish.

I have scanned and got the the P03000 misfire code.

My mechanic have checked the plugs and the ignition coils and says they are okay.

How do I solve this problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2022
AdisaOwala:
Occasionally, My Honda Accord 2008 CEL light flashes.

Thus usually occurs after a hard acceleration (pushing hard on the throttle).

The car feels a bit sluggish.

I have scanned and got the the P03000 misfire code.

My mechanic have checked the plugs and the ignition coils and says they are okay.

How do I solve this problem?
change mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2022
Good day everyone, is it that one can not fix a power steering problem once and for all??

Ok, I use Toyota Avensis and since the initial power steering went bad I have not bin able to get it right, the last repair I did was to change the pump (brand new) and the steering beam (direct benjor), after fixing it, it works smooth for about a week but gradually hearing the power steering pump whining till it gets louder (steering is soft though), I went back to the mechanic and he said I have to change the pump again but I buy benjor this time and I have to change the cup which the power steering oil is been poured on...... please guys, I have spent over 100k for just this last repair, how can I get the NOISE to stop, the steering is still soft and easy but the pum is making noise and I am not comfortable with it at all.......

I seriously need advice before buying the new pump.....I will appreciate your contribution Sirs.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quam9997(m): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
Good day everyone, I noticed something with my car. I was driving on the highway yesterday and immediately I hit 40mph. The car started jerking and it slowed down and the acceleration wasn’t hitting again until I had to park turn off ignition and on. And the moment it hit 40mph. The check engine light begins to blink.

I recently collected the car from a mechanic workshop. It was hit by the side but everything seem to be fine before I gave him.

Below is a video. Experts in the house please I need your advice

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
Etizz:
Good day everyone, is it that one can not fix a power steering problem once and for all??

Ok, I use Toyota Avensis and since the initial power steering went bad I have not bin able to get it right, the last repair I did was to change the pump (brand new) and the steering beam (direct benjor), after fixing it, it works smooth for about a week but gradually hearing the power steering pump whining till it gets louder (steering is soft though), I went back to the mechanic and he said I have to change the pump again but I buy benjor this time and I have to change the cup which the power steering oil is been poured on...... please guys, I have spent over 100k for just this last repair, how can I get the NOISE to stop, the steering is still soft and easy but the pum is making noise and I am not comfortable with it at all.......

I seriously need advice before buying the new pump.....I will appreciate your contribution Sirs.....
it’s Belgium not benjor. Secondly, change mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
quam9997:
Good day everyone, I noticed something with my car. I was driving on the highway yesterday and immediately I hit 40mph. The car started jerking and it slowed down and the acceleration wasn’t hitting again until I had to park turn off ignition and on. And the moment it hit 40mph. The check engine light begins to blink.

I recently collected the car from a mechanic workshop. It was hit by the side but everything seem to be fine before I gave him.

your car no get name and model abi? Anyway scan the car. Blinking check engine light is usually caused by a misfire. Check plug coils and plugs.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mubbyone(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2022
, I notice my car kind of feel heavy when driving on express way , so I went for service but still the same result while some one told me , it might be fuel pump not strong enough, it a corrolla 2005 model , pls help .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
nymphomaniac:
it’s Belgium not benjor. Secondly, change mechanic.

Thanks....benjor na so we locals dey call am.......I have bin changing mechanics but to no avail....I am seriously tired...have spend money on it eh.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
Etizz:

Thanks....benjor na so we locals dey call am.......I have bin changing mechanics but to no avail....I am seriously tired...have spend money on it eh.....
They should link you to a mechanic that specializes in it. Also, the mechanic should bleed the steering rack properly

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2022
quam9997:

Don’t waste your money yet. Look for where you can scan the car. At least you will know the areas to troubleshoot
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 5:20am On Dec 05, 2022
ArticleBeast:

They should link you to a mechanic that specializes in it. Also, the mechanic should bleed the steering rack properly

My brother he claims to have bleed it oh....can the reservoir cup be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 7:37am On Dec 05, 2022
quam9997:

A similar issue happened to my car recently. The cause of it was one of the plug wires not delivering enough current. So you can check that also.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thonyman: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2022
Anybody with Kingreign contact pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2022
thonyman:
Anybody with Kingreign contact pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bankalert(m): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
Guys, i just started driving a toyota camry 2009. I noticed two things.

1. The steering wheel is stiff when the car is on and stationary but easy to turn when the car starts moving.

2. There is some loud noise (kra kra kra kra) i observed twice when i turned the engine off recently. I think the noise maybe coming from the engine or something close to the dashboard. I dont drive the car everyday for now.

Please How do i solve this issues?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osato45: 9:42am On Dec 06, 2022
fait10:
Please how much did you bought the tokunboh gearbox for your honda
170k then spent 10k to change the transmission and used 30k to buy 5 cans of honda genuine dw1 transmission fluid

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Dez10(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.