Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911228 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by toyeoye(m): 7:38am On Feb 16, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

why?

From sedan to SUV most likely.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abootoyyib(m): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

why?

The Toyota Corrola does give me any problem at all at all..

But the car don tire me , I want to have a new taste of another car sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eightsin(m): 10:36am On Feb 16, 2023
Good day my noble professionals. What could be the cause of my lexus es350 2008 model overheating whenever I don't use the AC. The fans doesn't seem to come on, on time and the reservoir starts boiling. I have scanned and there are no error codes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Michael547(m): 10:42am On Feb 16, 2023
abootoyyib:

Good morning good people,

Please I need your advise.

I am planning of selling my Toyota Corrola 2009 to buy either of these options: Honda CRv 2008, Toyota Highlander 2007, Toyota RAV4.

Please what can you advise me with my options
I do professional car inspection incase you need my service....you can contact me on 08167469103.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:40am On Feb 16, 2023
eightsin:
Good day my noble professionals. What could be the cause of my lexus es350 2008 model overheating whenever I don't use the AC. The fans doesn't seem to come on, on time and the reservoir starts boiling. I have scanned and there are no error codes
Most likely a coolant temperature sensor working abnormally or your thermostat not opening on time.
Remote diagnosis would be difficult as you would need a live scan amongst other diagnosis approach for proper diagnosis.
Kindly call 07089030689 if in Lagos for diagnosis.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingstel(m): 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Air recirculation .

Out to in, and withing the cabin
Please what do these red and yellow signs represent?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
I changed the shaft and brake disc on my car last December because I hear that crank sound when the steering is fully turned bother ways and the steering vibrates when I brake from 80-100kmph.

Barely a week after that fix, whenever I turn the steering fully in the left direction, there's noise from the rack within the car, it has become more audible over the last couple of days.

Also, The vibration when braking has also returned but this time even at 60kmph, the steering shakes but not regularly.
The crank sound from turning the steering fully has also returned but not as bad as the prior to December fix and it happens when the steering is turned fully in the driver's direction to the left.

There's also some sort of drag when accelerating which wasn't present before the December job.
What line of action is best for me to take next.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RoadMozart(m): 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
Kingstel:

Power steering failure, check engine warning, low oil, low battery or alternator failure. If they all came on at once, try checking your belt first.... I had the same issue when my belt melted recently.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eightsin(m): 4:09am On Feb 17, 2023
jceesquare:

Most likely a coolant temperature sensor working abnormally or your thermostat not opening on time.
Remote diagnosis would be difficult as you would need a live scan amongst other diagnosis approach for proper diagnosis.
Kindly call 07089030689 if in Lagos for diagnosis.

Sadly I'm far away in Enugu. I think it's the thermostat not opening on time and the mech advised I remove it entirely which I refused. I will have to search for another mech. Thanks for your assistance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27am On Feb 17, 2023
Kingstel:

Before operating a machine, one that could cause bodily harm to your self and others, you require training .

Pls attend a proper driving sch or get lessons from a professional.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:29am On Feb 17, 2023
debeey87:
I changed the shaft and brake disc on my car last December because I hear that crank sound when the steering is fully turned bother ways and the steering vibrates when I brake from 80-100kmph.

Barely a week after that fix, whenever I turn the steering fully in the left direction, there's noise from the rack within the car, it has become more audible over the last couple of days.

Also, The vibration when braking has also returned but this time even at 60kmph, the steering shakes but not regularly.
The crank sound from turning the steering fully has also returned but not as bad as the prior to December fix and it happens when the steering is turned fully in the driver's direction to the left.

There's also some sort of drag when accelerating which wasn't present before the December job.
What line of action is best for me to take next.

Replace the same things, but this time use new original parts.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2023
eightsin:

Sadly I'm far away in Enugu. I think it's the thermostat not opening on time and the mech advised I remove it entirely which I refused. I will have to search for another mech. Thanks for your assistance
You can test the thermostat yourself at home.
Take it out from the car and submerge it in a pot of water. Put the put on fire and measure the temperature as it boils and observe at what temperature the thermostat opens.
Compare readings with manufactures specifications and replace if faulty.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Replace the same things, but this time use new original parts.

The question is now about original parts because the parts I replaced with were brand new to the brake pad sef. Are there brands that can be guaranteed as original?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2023
abootoyyib:

The Toyota Corrola does give me any problem at all at all..

But the car don tire me , I want to have a new taste of another car sir

So you’re tired of peace you now want problems.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2023
debeey87:

The question is now about original parts because the parts I replaced with were brand new to the brake pad sef. Are there brands that can be guaranteed as original?

Reminds me of a client that bought 2018 rx350 and came with asimco brake pads for me to replace cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eightsin(m): 11:10am On Feb 17, 2023
jceesquare:

You can test the thermostat yourself at home.
Take it out from the car and submerge it in a pot of water. Put the put on fire and measure the temperature as it boils and observe at what temperature the thermostat opens.
Compare readings with manufactures specifications and replace if faulty.

Ah! Oga mi, this one don pass my pay grade o. I go just cook am chop. Lol. Thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eightsin(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2023
I need original 5w 30 oil for es350 and filter
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
eightsin:

Ah! Oga mi, this one don pass my pay grade o. I go just cook am chop. Lol. Thanks boss
grin grin grin
Small DIY won't hurt you na.
Some of us started as DIY before going for proper training and taking it as a profession

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
Pls I’m having issues with my VENZA

Battery usually runs down after some days now the mechanic is telling me is a brain box issue as the dashboard is not showing checks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nairamaniac: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:
Pls I’m having issues with my VENZA

Battery usually runs down after some days now the mechanic is telling me is a brain box issue as the dashboard is not showing checks

Oga Gazzuzz please answer this question for us. It seems like a common problems within cars.

I think it's about a component still functioning even after switching off the power system of the car with the key.

Like something is still ON and running down the battery.
The battery completely runs down after some few days(3 to 4 days) if the car is left disengaged for that long.

What's the best possible DIY way to trace where/what is switched ON?
THIS IS THE LIKELY QUESTION I REALLY WANT TO ASK.

As even most technicians don't have a straight forward way of tracing the power leakage.
Thanx!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
nairamaniac:

Oga Gazzuzz please answer this question for us. It seems like a common problems within cars.

I think it's about a component still functioning even after switching off the power system of the car with the key.

The battery completely runs down after some few days(3 to 4 days) if the car is left disengaged for that long.

As even most technicians don't have a straight forward way of tracing the power leakage.
Thanx!

Time equipment and technique.

Cannot be resolved remotely and without training
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
nairamaniac:

The battery completely runs down after some few

days(3 to 4 days) if the car is left disengaged for that long.

Thanx!

I’m even tired self I’m thinking of even selling it off
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Time equipment and technique.

Cannot be resolved remotely and without training

Oga pls I just called a mechanic
They are loosed the brain box for testing and I’m getting a new ba3
Plus this car is not even a month old
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

Oga pls I just called a mechanic
They are loosed the brain box for testing and I’m getting a new ba3
Plus this car is not even a month old

parasitic drain cannot be picked up by scan tool, like he said it takes patience and time with tools that are less expensive mostly (multimeter and a bulb attached to a tester) but the skill to do it right one by one testing each component electrical pathway nah the koko.

the bone of contention in your case is letting the mechanic loosen the brainbox because if the brainbox is at fault, it will definitely throw a code.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
nurey:

parasitic drain cannot be picked up by scan tool, like he said it takes patience and time with tools that are less expensive mostly (multimeter and a bulb attached to a tester) but the skill to do it right one by one testing each component electrical pathway nah the koko.

the bone of contention in your case is letting the mechanic loosen the brainbox because if the brainbox is at fault, it will definitely throw a code.

He wants to go and check it at his workshop plus the connection and maybe test run it on another VENZA
If it works then it’s my car or maybe a new battery
But I’m reasoning if maybe after everything will I have the same issue again I just hate embarrassment on the highway or being stranded I haven’t even begin to change oil self or other things
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

He wants to go and check it at his workshop plus the connection and maybe test run it on another VENZA
If it works then it’s my car or maybe a new battery
But I’m reasoning if maybe after everything will I have the same issue again I just hate embarrassment on the highway or being stranded I haven’t even begin to change oil self or other things

switching brainbox to work effectively means he has to reprogram yours to the other venza because they are different, the brainbox may work but not optimally. Besides if yours is a 4cylinder and the other is a V6 venza issues go still dey. A simple plug and play scanner would have given code if the brainbox is faulty.

if you bought the venza tokunbo its time to do a vin check, the vehicle could be flooded or accidented that will let you know next steps to take.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
nurey:

switching brainbox to work effectively means he has to reprogram yours to the other venza because they are different, the brainbox may work but not optimally. Besides if yours is a 4cylinder and the other is a V6 venza issues go still dey. A simple plug and play scanner would have given code if the brainbox is faulty.

if you bought the venza tokunbo its time to do a vin check, the vehicle could be flooded or accidented that will let you know next steps to take.

Mine is a V6
What’s a simple plug and play scanner?

Could I do a scan by myself on my vehicle ?

Are they any app

It’s just to early to be facing motor issues for me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 6:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

Mine is a V6

Are they any app

from bluetooth to basic scanners that cost 10 to 15k.

but for now wait for the technician response and as you are waiting do a vin check of your vehicle to know what you are facing or is the vehicle nigerian used?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
nurey:

but for now wait for the technician response and as you are waiting do a vin check of your vehicle to know what you are facing or is the vehicle nigerian used?

It’s more of a direct Belgium cause I bought it from a lady
I’m waiting for the response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
nurey:

Bluetooth?
Basic scanners ?
Like example of basic scanner ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

Bluetooth?
Basic scanners ?
Like example of basic scanner ?

bluetooth car scanners need phone to be able to operate them with

standalone basic scanners are just plug and play abi plug and use, they have screen to relay info but basic because they can only do basic scanning onlike what big car technicians use or dealerships.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

Mine is a V6

Are they any app

It's sad that you are facing all these sha. I'm guessing it's your first car.

That you bought the car from a lady doesn't mean anything. Ladies are the worst when it comes to car maintenance.

Perhaps you should have bought the direct tokunbo of a smaller car and have peace. You should have also contracted a reliable tech like Gazzuzz to get you the Nigerian used car.

Enough of the blames.

You can get a scanner from jumia. Just type "Bluetooth car scanner" into the search bar. You can buy one for as little as 5k.

You can also contact Gazzuzz and buy from him. But I don't know if he has in stock now.

If he doesn't, buy from jumia.

It's quite sad to be having car issues this early. And you are even a lady. Mechanics go just open office for your head.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Creditalerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.