Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914729 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Cation25(m): 1:40pm On May 20, 2023
jimts:

I would say you should let him give it a trial.

Though there are many sensors on an automatic transmission. Speed sensors, temperature sensors and pressure sensors, but these rarely fail.
I am guessing that he's implying that it is the solenoids that needs replacing, not sensors. Mechanics mix the two. Sensor is an input device while solenoid is an output device.

You will do this thread a lot of great service if you snap the pictures of the parts that were replaced and the eventual outcome of the repairs/procedures.

Thanks,

AutoJando
Okay. I will revert with the result. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 10:59am On May 23, 2023
Can anyone please tell me what this is?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GentlePEACE: 4:02pm On May 23, 2023
abiolag:
I drive 2003 Toyota Camry

The issue was that my RPM usually goes up and down on its own even when d car is on P(Park). It will just be fluctuating on its own. I changed all coil and plug, clean throttle mouth and fuel injector, changed fuel pump but nothing work until when d brainbox was changed yesterday
I drove it today and it seems d car is moving normal until this evening when I noticed the rpm is rising again. Pls what could be the cause and permanent solution?

Maybe u should change your ABS machine... i'm currently experiencing same issue and i was advised to change my ABS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GentlePEACE: 4:04pm On May 23, 2023
Dracoe:

It’s more like a vibrating sound
The front, under the engine kind of

Check your exhaust, your catalyst must have broken since... I had same issue last week and that was the culprit... after changing it, the car sounds normal now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GentlePEACE: 4:06pm On May 23, 2023
Hello Gurus in the house, pls how much does gear cost for honda city 2010?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 4:51pm On May 23, 2023
Mcdreamy15:

it's for turning off electric fence alarm security

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by winningp: 9:55pm On May 23, 2023
Hello,
I experience hard start on my Corolla 09 when the engine is warm. Have changed fuel pump, spark plugs and have d nozzle cleaned, yet to no avail. Recently, I changed the cold starter sensor but still having the same problem.
I need help pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 1:03am On May 24, 2023
Mcdreamy15:

Electric fence energizer key

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2023
winningp:
Hello,
I experience hard start on my Corolla 09 when the engine is warm. Have changed fuel pump, spark plugs and have d nozzle cleaned, yet to no avail. Recently, I changed the cold starter sensor but still having the same problem.
I need help pls

Scan that car.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Djswad(m): 8:05pm On May 24, 2023
Good evening my great people please I observed that my golf 4 steering always shaking w whenever am on 80km on highway please sirs what could be the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Emmanuelugo(m): 6:05pm On May 26, 2023
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 8:37pm On May 26, 2023
Pls I need a corrola 2010 south Africa engine in port Harcourt without water pump and alternator.

I'll have to test your engine and see that it works before I can balance up.
And I need someone who can buy mine too.

My own has loose timing chain problem, so I wanna get rid of it and get a new engine instead
And pls Will the new engine work with the old brain box or another work need to be done onit?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2023
Healthquest:
Pls I need a corrola 2010 south Africa engine in port Harcourt without water pump and alternator.

My own has loose timing chain problem, so I wanna get rid of it and get a new engine instead
And pls Will the new engine work with the old brain box or another work need to be done onit?

With this your conditions
Just dey play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 11:56am On May 27, 2023
kingreign:

What area is the hitting/grinding noise coming from?
Pls experts in the house , my car temperature usually go up whenever d sun is hot and I’m stuck in traffic with the AC On. It regulate back when d road is free and I’m firing but immediately there’s little traffic , d temperature will start going up and I will have to put off the AC until d road is free again. And I don’t have water shortage in d radiator. My water has never short before because I always check every morning. I drive Camry 2003
Pls how do I solve this issue because is really frustrating and embarrassing as the car is wot I use for my daily bread
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 4:36pm On May 27, 2023
abiolag:

Pls experts in the house , my car temperature usually go up whenever d sun is hot and I’m stuck in traffic with the AC On. It regulate back when d road is free and I’m firing but immediately there’s little traffic , d temperature will start going up and I will have to put off the AC until d road is free again. And I don’t have water shortage in d radiator. My water has never short before because I always check every morning. I drive Camry 2003
Pls how do I solve this issue because is really frustrating and embarrassing as the car is wot I use for my daily bread

Check your radiator fan if it's blowing perfectly when it picks or slowly
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2023
Healthquest:

No part seller will oblige.

Nah prayer dem de take buy engine, good luck .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2023
Besto:

With this your conditions
Just dey play

Better play

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by xiwaf: 12:35am On May 28, 2023
Let's help advertise your biz and blog.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 6:10am On May 28, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

No part seller will oblige.

Nah prayer dem de take buy engine, good luck .
so I heard oo.. the man no gree but gave me 2 weeks warranty.
But gazzuz , I can't find relatively nice price anywhere in port Harcourt or do I need to go to Aba to get top for this my engine? Port Harcourt price is too high.

Kaduna was even telling me 45k, PH is saying 400k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2023
Healthquest:
so I heard oo.. the man no gree but gave me 2 weeks warranty.
But gazzuz , I can't find relatively nice price anywhere in port Harcourt or do I need to go to Aba to get top for this my engine? Port Harcourt price is too high.

Kaduna was even telling me 45k, PH is saying 400k

Something is seriously wrong
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 9:32am On May 28, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Something is seriously wrong
How is lagos now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 88natzy(m): 5:43pm On May 28, 2023
Good evening esteemed car gurus.
My car a Toyota Corolla 2010 automatic transmission model is having serious gear issues.

It started when I took it to mechanic to change gear box cop and shaft because of the noise it makes and constant vibrations. After changing all these the car started having sluggish movement, skips and de-accelerates on motion. At times when I pedal on motion it will be as if no gear was engaged until it picks. I was advised to change the gear oil, clean filter and plugs which I have done but the issue still continued. Pls car experts what could be the cause of this problem and where can I fix it in Abuja.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2023
88natzy:
My car a Toyota Corolla 2010 automatic transmission model is having serious gear issues.

It started when I took it to mechanic to change gear box cop and shaft because of the noise it makes and constant vibrations. After changing all these the car started having sluggish movement, skips and de-accelerates on motion. At times when I pedal on motion it will be as if no gear was engaged until it picks. I was advised to change the gear oil, clean filter and plugs which I have done but the issue still continued. Pls car experts what could be the cause of this problem and where can I fix it in Abuja.

Thank you.

Look for @kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2023
vivalavida:

Look for @kingreign

Thanks for the referral.

88natzy:

Thank you.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23pm On May 28, 2023
88natzy:

Thank you.

Replace transmission.

https://www.nairaland.com/7687769/first-service#123268225
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 1:26pm On May 29, 2023
Hello guys. I scan my Honda Civic with my OBD11 scanner and I got this code. What should I tell the technician to work on please

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by amordi: 7:02am On May 30, 2023
Pls Make una help me with these codes ..@GAZZUZZ

Car Toyota Camry 2010

C1201
Raw code: 5201
ECU: ABS control unit #2
Toyota: Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction / 51

C1332
Raw code: 5332

C1445
Raw code: 5445
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dukeo(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2023
GentlePEACE:

Maybe u should change your ABS machine... i'm currently experiencing same issue and i was advised to change my ABS

I have said issue but my vehicle doesn't not have the abs, it's a 2002 camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dukeo(m): 7:25am On May 30, 2023
abiolag:

The issue was that my RPM usually goes up and down on its own even when d car is on P(Park). It will just be fluctuating on its own. I changed all coil and plug, clean throttle mouth and fuel injector, changed fuel pump but nothing work until when d brainbox was changed yesterday
I drove it today and it seems d car is moving normal until this evening when I noticed the rpm is rising again. Pls what could be the cause and permanent solution?

jimts GAZZUZZ
Having same issue with my 02 Camry. Much noticeable when AC is turned on
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adisabarber(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2023
abiolag:

Does the speedometer work when it starts behaving like that? If it does not work. Does the gear select properly when it starts fluctuating? Does the BRAKE light on the dashboard come on when it starts?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adisabarber(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2023
dukeo:

jimts GAZZUZZ
Having same issue with my 02 Camry. Much noticeable when AC is turned on

Does the speedometer work when it starts behaving like that? If it does not work. Does the gear select properly when it starts fluctuating? Does the BRAKE light on the dashboard come on when it starts?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dukeo(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2023
adisabarber:

No the speedometer doesn't read because this is noticable when gear is on Park.

The gear selection is weird though delays quite a bit I think
Brake light doesn't come on

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: kbshow100(m), frebor(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.