Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915364 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by umennaesie: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
Good evening gr8 Engr of the house
My Honda baby boy 02 model had similar case of high fuel consumption. My mechanic suggested checking my catalyst nd a new one was bought n fixed but still takes up fuel.
secondly, My car doesn't start on park unless neutral, wat could be the fault
Thirdly , the car jerks n sluggish on RPM 3-4. Pls wat could be the problem
I base in Apo, abuja
Pls I need help n advice Engr gazzuz and co
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by afeez20(m): 1:11am On Dec 12, 2018
Thank you so much Oga Gazzuzz for your big help..
I called my mechanic and he removed the VSS then cleaned it with kerosene and installed it back into the car.the car now shift to other gears...You are so awesome bro.......3 different Kazeem do tell me say na gear replacement .lucky I had a car scanner.
Car owners pls get a car scanner ...you can imagine there amount of headache it can save you from.
Such a basic fix..Knowledge is power bro...
10 origin for you sir.

GAZZUZZ:

Pls confirm it's a 2000 crv 4X4

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megatran(m): 6:09am On Dec 12, 2018
hello gazzuz, I have been going through your thread and I must say you have been very helpful I wish I had a reliable guy like you in delta.

Anyway, I a writing this because I just made a movie mistake that may have cost me millions. I recently got an ad online for a buy and drive rx330 and after much negotiation on ground and on phone, I took a dive to it and paid without teatdriving the car. I was only in it with the man driving it. I sensed it that he always drives slowly but for trust sake or probably I was spelled idk. I gave in.

After payment, I drove the car and I was literally about to hang myself as the rattling sounds and the gear not being able to shift properly. in fact I was hearing sounds of those old buses that ply the road for transport on an rx330. Called the seller and he feigned annoyance and went offline. I was furious, I called his mechanic and the guy confirmed that though he hasn't seen the car it's likely going to be a gear box change which amounts to 400k for a 13 pin or 120k for a 10 pin constructed gear box. all these amounts were against the 20k narration for fixing the seller gave me before going offline.

To cut stories short, I drove the car like a snail for 45mins and it finally packed up by the road. Gear only reversed but doesn't go forward. called a road side mechanic and he checked the oil filter of the gear box and the oil was as black as night. he said the oil filter was blocked and the seller didn't change the gear oil in ages. he washed the filter with fuel. had to buy a 4litre sea max ATF and replace. The car could now move forward however it doesn't take off and it still rattles and not really fast for a Lexus.

I almost forgot, about the rattling noise under the car. The mechanic indicated that the front axle bearings were bad and it may just be the bearing fault or it would cost me changing the whole axle unit.

In summary, I need quotation for a 13 and 10 pin gearbox and cost of fixing axle bearings or the full axle unit. If from my explanation it wouldn't cost me replacement of the gearbox. Pls let me know. I await your experienced reply. thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by khassy(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2018
Gazzuzz. Top of the day to you sir.

Please I need your help before this mechanic spoil my car for me. Straight to the issue

3weeks ago I took my car to the mechanic for a regular brake pad change and to change the right front absorber cus he claim it was bent.

After the change, I took the car same day from ilorin to Ibadan the same day and didn't notice anything.. then from Ibadan to Lagos and back to ilorin the next day. I noticed some grinding noise whenever I press the brake on my way back to ilorin from Lagos so I took it to him back and he did one or two and said the car was fine.

I drove the car to Lagos last week Monday and the sound persisted, my friend in Lagos took me to his mechanic who said my brake disc needed to be filed as it wasn't even and that the last brake pad had worn off so much it affected the brake disc.

He took the brake disc to Turner and said everything was fine. When I drove the car from ijushaga to surulere, I noticed the grinding sound was still there and worse, the car now jerks when I try to brake.

I took it back to him and he said it was the brake pad that wasn't even, he did a couple of things on the brake pad and said all was fine.. took it back three days ago and the same jerking and grinding noise is still persisting, I'm even scared of driving the car as it is.

Now I'm scared of taking the car back to him for the third time.

Do you have an idea of what's wrong and do you have any person you can recommend me to around Ajah axis to help me fix it.

Car is a Toyota Camry 2008, 2AZ engine

I'll be expecting your reply.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38am On Dec 12, 2018
khassy:
Gazzuzz. Top of the day to you sir.

Please I need your help before this mechanic spoil my car for me. Straight to the issue

3weeks ago I took my car to the mechanic for a regular brake pad change and to change the right front absorber cus he claim it was bent.

After the change, I took the car same day from ilorin to Ibadan the same day and didn't notice anything.. then from Ibadan to Lagos and back to ilorin the next day. I noticed some grinding noise whenever I press the brake on my way back to ilorin from Lagos so I took it to him back and he did one or two and said the car was fine.

I drove the car to Lagos last week Monday and the sound persisted, my friend in Lagos took me to his mechanic who said my brake disc needed to be filed as it wasn't even and that the last brake pad had worn off so much it affected the brake disc.

He took the brake disc to Turner and said everything was fine. When I drove the car from ijushaga to surulere, I noticed the grinding sound was still there and worse, the car now jerks when I try to brake.

I took it back to him and he said it was the brake pad that wasn't even, he did a couple of things on the brake pad and said all was fine.. took it back three days ago and the same jerking and grinding noise is still persisting, I'm even scared of driving the car as it is.

Now I'm scared of taking the car back to him for the third time.

Do you have an idea of what's wrong and do you have any person you can recommend me to around Ajah axis to help me fix it.

Car is a Toyota Camry 2008, 2AZ engine

I'll be expecting your reply.

Thanks

Drive into radautoworks it's on the right at 2nd tollgate.

You are looking at.

* new brake rotors

* New brake pads

* possibly new callipers.

0803 419 7461

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8062020_img20181031194435290_jpeg4730cfc2bd1bcfd36eb0d40f15c52510

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2018
Good Morning Chief,

I dropped a comment regarding a Tokunbo 03 Camry with a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. You said i should run a scan on it

Here is the result code : P0031 ( 02 Sensor )

Please how much can i get good (O2 Sensor) for replacement if necessary and also i want You to recommend an affordable and good engine and Gear oil for me..

Thanks so much..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2018
Sankabson:
Good Morning Chief,

I dropped a comment regarding a Tokunbo 03 Camry with a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. You said i should run a scan on it

Please how much can i get good (O2 Sensor) for replacement if necessary and also i want You to recommend an affordable and good engine and Gear oil for me..

Thanks so much..

Bank 1 Sensor 1.

My response to this questions will be determined by engine size. Is it a V6 or 4cyl?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Bank 1 Sensor 1.

My response to this questions will be determined by engine size. Is it a V6 or 4cyl?
its a V4 Sir. 2AZ Engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
peterpeteru:
Good day Mr Gazzuzz

Kindly advice, which should I go for between Corolla 2001 (toks) and Corolla 2003 (naija used) both have price tag of 1.1m - 1.3m.

Thank you.

the newer one after proper inspection.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2018
Good Morning Chief,

I dropped a comment regarding a Tokunbo 03 Camry with a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. You said i should run a scan on it. It’s a 4Cyl Engine. 2AZ

Thanks so much..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femilambor007(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
Evening Bro @Gazzuzz

I should be getting my 05 camry soon through a friend that is a dealer.

Is there anything else I should watch out for aside been; i4 engine and document.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
femilambor007:
Evening Bro @Gazzuzz

I should be getting my 05 camry soon through a friend that is a dealer.

Is there anything else I should watch out for aside been; i4 engine and document.

there lies a problem smiley

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femilambor007(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

there lies a problem smiley

Hmmm He assured a transparent transaction.. Infact am only depositing #500k till it arrive and see the ride myself.

He owns 4-different car lot, and only helping out as a close friend.

Is he still a problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 3:06am On Dec 15, 2018
Hi oga gazzuzz,
You're doing a great job here. I've really learnt a lot from this thread.
There is this initial slow response of the engine when i press the gas pedal but it usually picks up when I'm on motion.
It usually happens when I'm using AC over when i dont.
I have changed the fuel delivery system but i think it might be an issue with the throttle body.
Your wise counsel will be appreciated.
Car has been scanned with no error code.
It is a Hyundai elantra 2008.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:48am On Dec 15, 2018
olumzzz:
Hi oga gazzuzz,
There is this initial slow response of the engine when i press the gas pedal but it usually picks up when I'm on motion.
I have changed the fuel delivery system but i think it might be an issue with the throttle body.
It is a Hyundai elantra 2008 .
Thanks.

open the valve cover first and check for sludge.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TPound(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2018
Crashing into Gazzuzz thread to torment him like...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2018
TPound:
Crashing into Gazzuzz thread to torment him like...

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TPound(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
En ehn...Onkul Gazzuzz, my 2008 quest needs carbon cleaning... When do I bring it to your workshop?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
Chairman Gazzuz, I thank God for ur life, even though u have a very busy schedule u still make out time to answer peoples queries and solving so many people's problems and at d same time teaching so many people plenty plenty things, this thread is an eye opening thread. May God continue to bless u,

I intend visiting your workshop for a Gazzuz touch on my car, since I got it I hv been d one doing repairs to it, I have vowed not to patronize any kazeem again in my life. Can I come on Monday?

My car vibrates on idle when d ac is on, though I had the following codes

P2185
P0141
P0325
P0172

I just scanned it and got 2 more codes

P1121
P0171

I hv tried getting a good knock sensor to no avail
I hv looked for where to get an 02 sensor adapter for the bank 1 sensor 2, no success yet, I think both 02 sensors need cleaning anyway, but ur expert eye will see better, I will change the engine air filter today, the fuel pump I got on Thursday didn't fit well, will change it today, but I still need u to touch my car. Pls let me know if I can come on Monday. Thanks and God bless u. More anointing to ur mussle, more success to ur hussle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
kcbaba007:
Chairman Gazzuz, I thank God for ur life, even though u have a very busy schedule u still make out time to answer peoples queries and solving so many people's problems and at d same time teaching so many people plenty plenty things, this thread is an eye opening thread. May God continue to bless u,

I intend visiting your workshop for a Gazzuz touch on my car, since I got it I hv been d one doing repairs to it, I have vowed not to patronize any kazeem again in my life. Can I come on Monday?

My car vibrates on idle when d ac is on, though I had the following codes

P2185
P0141
P0325
P0172

I just scanned it and got 2 more codes

P1121
P0171

I hv tried getting a good knock sensor to no avail
I hv looked for where to get an 02 sensor adapter for the bank 1 sensor 2, no success yet, I think both 02 sensors need cleaning anyway, but ur expert eye will see better, I will change the engine air filter today, the fuel pump I got on Thursday didn't fit well, will change it today, but I still need u to touch my car. Pls let me know if I can come on Monday. Thanks and God bless u. More anointing to ur mussle, more success to ur hussle

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5034755_38468103829706bjpeg0ffe7dcb11da9a174bea48bd356ea1bajpegc21e03e385bae54fa9657c7d40b49361_jpegfd3985774ae7dfe8926e74f918a3a9e0

The car?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
Gazzuz, got this today at total when Mobil not available, can I still use it as well d transmission oil

1998 Camry as usual lol

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sdbaba: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
Good evening
I drive a MB E200 year 2001. The key (sucking key) dropped and one of the ICs on d panel of the key broke off. Since then the key has not been able to start the car but it still opens and locks the car. Do you know any good key programmer I can contact for solution.... in Ibadan. But I don't mind talking to someone in Lagos as well. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

open the valve cover first and check for sludge.
Done that..no sludge..i just replaced the engine 2 months ago
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
olumzzz:
Hi oga gazzuzz,
It is a Hyundai elantra 2008.
Thanks.

Engine size? Was it bought brand new from Dana motors? Have you checked all the coils?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
sdbaba:
Good evening
I drive a MB E200 year 2001. The key (sucking key) dropped and one of the ICs on d panel of the key broke off. Since then the key has not been able to start the car but it still opens and locks the car. Do you know any good key programmer I can contact for solution.... in Ibadan. But I don't mind talking to someone in Lagos as well. Thanks.

Take a clear pic of every part broken and where it originated from.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
jossytech:
Gazzuz, got this today at total when Mobil not available, can I still use it as well d transmission oil

1998 Camry as usual lol

You are OK with the total, but I'm not very sure of the quality of the dextron111.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrMash(m): 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
Kia sorento 2003 : p0443

Please confirm if the part highlighted with red is the vent valve solenoid.

The part highlighted in red is not in my vehicle. I have only the one highlighted in blue. The hose from the green goes directly to the yellow valve with nothing in between.

Car drives fine for a while when battery is disconnected for some time.

Please assist and respond.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Engine size? Was it bought brand new from Dana motors? Have you checked all the coils?
Engine size is 2.0L. No it wasn't bought brand new. Tokunbo.
I haven't had the coils checked.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 2:14am On Dec 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5034755_38468103829706bjpeg0ffe7dcb11da9a174bea48bd356ea1bajpegc21e03e385bae54fa9657c7d40b49361_jpegfd3985774ae7dfe8926e74f918a3a9e0

The car?

Doctor Gazzuz

The car in question vibrates when the ac is on and on idle,

loses power and almost goes off when the ac and engine fan picks, and this happens with heavy jerks, when such, happens I quickly switch off the ac and return the gear to neutral,

Sometimes it drags before it picks momentum when the gear is engaged.

What Could be possible solutions to this?

It's a Honda accord EOD 05 model.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.