Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915974 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 5:54am On Feb 05, 2019
Otenzy:
Good evening all.
I'm getting tired of this bank type corolla fa. It has emptied my pockets and drawn me into debts.
The problems I try to fix keep resurfacing.

Ac gas was leaking. Ac man said it was the evaporator and valve. Changed those, leakage still occurred after 2 days.
He checked again and said it was a hose. Replaced it, same thing. I met someone else in apo who told me the culprit was the compressor.
That's not all. Engine vibrates violently in the engine bay when I try to reverse (its a manual transmission)
Car also bounces noticeably when I switched gears. I've changed the back and right mounts so far.

Now the engine is shorting oil. Only me o cry

What do I do?
Cc: Gazzuzz
Cc: Kingreign

Bring it to us for the correct diagnosis once and for all. Then you can either fix it with us or with your kazeem. Though with us, you wouldn't have had to bear the costs of wrong diagnosis grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Feb 05, 2019
drtee247:

Hello guys. Pls I need a quick solution. My Peugeot 307 came with no Ac only fan. The issue is the car interior gets very hot for my liking. Infact sometimes I have to wear shoes because it’s blows hot air over my feet while am driving plus little heat make me sweat and uncomfortable. Plus the weather is getting hotter these days. Pls what can I do to reduce this heat. Thanks

turn off the fan

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Otenzy(m): 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
radautoworks:

Bring it to us for the correct diagnosis once and for all. Then you can either fix it with us or with your kazeem. Though with us, you wouldn't have had to bear the costs of wrong diagnosis grin

Sounds cool but I reside in Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
Otenzy:

Sounds cool but I reside in Abuja

Okay, sooner or later we'll come to you! grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by clark0: 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
Can someone please help me out here, what would it cost to replace these parts in a Totoya Highlander p0020 and p2118 ?

gazzuz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by justphillips(m): 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

Good day, please I’d like you to help me inspect a Toyota Camry 2008 LE in Lagos tomorrow, what’s your schedule like? We can chat better on WhatsApp 07069774058. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by segun2king: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
sir i just wanted to find out why are alot of people selling off there Honda Crv.Is it that the car is bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Niiade(m): 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello sir,

Help needed P0420 on a Toyota Matrix. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
justphillips:

Good day, please I’d like you to help me inspect a Toyota Camry 2008 LE in Lagos tomorrow, what’s your schedule like? We can chat better on WhatsApp 07069774058. Thank you

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kufie(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello, my friend currently has issues with gear selection in his car. After the scan, he got these codes P0441 AND U0101 and the one in the attached image. What could this mean please? Car is a 2.5L i4 2011 Toyota Camry

cc gazzuzz kingreign mayor2013 lejeun

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
Kufie:
Hello, my friend currently has issues with gear selection in his car. After the scan, he got these codes P0441 AND U0101 and the one in the attached image. What could this mean please? Car is a 2.5L i4 2011 Toyota Camry

cc gazzuzz kingreign mayor2013 lejeun

[s]None of the codes posted will cause transmission shift issues[/s].

U0101, remove battery, check harness connecting transmission ecu, it's not commented properly.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kufie(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

[s]None of the codes posted will cause transmission shift issues[/s].

U0101, remove battery, check harness connecting transmission ecu, it's not commented properly.

Thank you. I’ve relayed the info
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
@GAZZUZZ, cosplay, costee, nurey, Carguidng, etc

A friends corolla was vandalized. Kindly help with the matching ECU part number or alternative one.

It will be highly appreciated.

My warm regards.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CarGuideNG: 1:12am On Feb 08, 2019
olenyi:
@GAZZ UZZ, cos play, cos tee, nu rey, Carguidng, etc

A friends corolla was vandalized. Kindly help with the matching ECU part number or alternative one.

It will be highly appreciated.

My warm regards.

Hello Sir

2T1BR32E76C583917

Factory ECU Part Number - 89661-02D01

Replaced by 89661-02D02

Replaced by 89661-02K23

Any of the above should fit.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 1:21am On Feb 08, 2019
CarGuideNG:

Hello Sir

2T1BR32E76C583917

Factory ECU Part Number - 89661-02D01

Replaced by 89661-02D02

Replaced by 89661-02K23

Any of the above should fit.

Thanks brother. I so much appreciate.

Do accept my warm regards.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3KINGZ18: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2019
The guys who specialize in repair of car interiors such as chrome what are they called
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2019
3KINGZ18:
The guys who specialize in repair of car interiors such as chrome what are they called

Once chrome trims are faded it's best to replace. To make chrome on surface, one would have to electroplate the items. It's not really a cheap work.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3KINGZ18: 10:23am On Feb 08, 2019
kingreign:

Once chrome trims are faded it's best to replace. To make chrome on surface, one would have to electroplate the items. It's not really a cheap work.
It removed not faded I need to stick it back
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3KINGZ18: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2019
kingreign:

Someone said a panel beater will fix it,true
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Feb 08, 2019
3KINGZ18:

It removed not faded I need to stick it back

Oh okay. If it's removed, it could be stuck back. Snap and upload pictures of the items and place where it came out from.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3KINGZ18: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2019
kingreign:

Oh okay. If it's removed, it could be stuck back. Snap and upload pictures of the items and place where it came out from.
Am not with the car right now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3KINGZ18: 10:35am On Feb 08, 2019
kingreign:

Is something similar to that the one on the door,I just want to confirm if a panel beater can fix it

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:37am On Feb 08, 2019
3KINGZ18:

Is something similar to that the one on the door

Those things usually have plastic retention clips. But do check first.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3KINGZ18: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2019
kingreign:

Those things usually have plastic retention clips. But do check first.
This one doesn't have
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by macodollar: 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2019
Good evening my ppl, please wat can cause high fuel consumption in a 2003 Camry? Car is a tokunboh. Is it likely a sensor issue or the absence of a catalyst?

Cc: gazzuzz, Nurey, luvinhubby, radautoworks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 6:46am On Feb 09, 2019
macodollar:
Good evening my ppl, please wat can cause high fuel consumption in a 2003 Camry? Car is a tokunboh. Is it likely a sensor issue or the absence of a catalyst?

scan the car and post codes.

as for fuel consumption what is the engine size and what do you record for your city and highway currently
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by macodollar: 6:53am On Feb 09, 2019
nurey:

scan the car and post codes.

as for fuel consumption what is the engine size and what do you record for your city and highway currently

it's a V6.
thanks for the quick reply. the code is P0003. Like I said it's a tokunboh and have not even been to a high way. While driving you will literally see the fuel gauge running down.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:11am On Feb 09, 2019
macodollar:

it's a V6.
thanks for the quick reply. the code is P0003. Like I said it's a tokunboh and have not even been to a high way. While driving you will literally see the fuel gauge running down.

fuel volume regulator control is faulty reason for the high fuel consumption. Do you have smoke coming out of your tail pipe?

yours engine is the 1mz your fuel regulator assay is located in the tank along side your fuel pump. The way the tank is built and fuel pump location if the tank hits something hard it always affects the fuel pump.

I want you to check the fuel tank for deformity like caving in, severe scratch etc.

most solution point to wiring and injector cleaning only the gurus with experience can assist you though

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 10:53am On Feb 09, 2019
macodollar:

Both. Better question is what is "high" and is this a sudden or gradual development?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2019
macodollar:

defective components and abuse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.