Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919508 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
Sigh

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2019
Diportivo how far that your Christmas Siena grin grin

Siena wannabe angry angry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2019
Phonix1234:
Hello Gazzuzz, my Toyota matrix 05, i feel vibration in it once i start it.. What could be the problem.. Bcus once am in motion it reduces.... The mechanic has serviced my injector, the filter has bin checked, the plugs has bin changed, and the engine seat are fine.. Please help
And i also noticed it comsumes more fuel now.

And come to think of it, the movement is excellent.. But that vibration when the car is parked is my concern,

Have you checked engine mounts?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Phonix1234:
Hello Gazzuzz, my Toyota matrix 05, i feel vibration in it once i start it.. What could be the problem.. Bcus once am in motion it reduces.... The mechanic has serviced my injector, the filter has bin checked, the plugs has bin changed, and the engine seat are fine.. Please help

And come to think of it, the movement is excellent.. But that vibration when the car is parked is my concern,

take a pic of the engine bay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2019
dru23:

I have in stock... let me know if you are interested dru23@hotmail.com

5w30 and 0w20 will be avaliable by friday.. I do have 5w20, 0w40 in stock as we speak

Oh cool. Will send you a mail later in the day. Thanks a lot. smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by diportivo: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

I asked the difference between Siena and Sienna and you said name...what kind of dense sparse response is that?

how will that info help me?you shld av just said you don't know instead of saying silly stuff

I blame myself for asking you

buhari wannabe undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 9:05am On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Here is tge picture

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Here is the picture

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2019
Phonix1234:

Here is the picture

Now I'm sure it's a 2005.

Phonix1234:

rescan vehicle and check injector coils. Also look for an intake leak.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Now I'm sure it's a 2005.

rescan vehicle and check injector
coils. Also look for an intake leak.

Thanks so much, please, when you say intake leak, what does it mean...
And lastly i dnt mind coming to ur work shop as i stay in Lagos,, please address to your workshop
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2019
Phonix1234:

Thanks so much, please, when you say intake leak, what does it mean...
And lastly i dnt mind coming to ur work shop as i stay in Lagos,, please address to your workshop

Don't expect to be spoon fed all the time, read/research once in a while.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phonix1234: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Don't expect to be spoon fed all the time, read/research once in a while.
Thank you, i already did...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tyche(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz, you have an idea of the price of Hyundai accent 2011/12 engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2019
Tyche:
Oga Gazzuzz, you have an idea of the price of Hyundai accent 2011/12 engine?

11 and 12 are 2 distinct engines.

11: 150-160k. 12: 550-600k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tyche(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

11 and 12 are 2 distinct engines.

11: 150-160k. 12: 550-600k

Thanks Boss, much appreciated. It's 2011
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BuchiPrinzy: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2019
hello ...pls my babyboy Ac gas gets finished very quickly....and I was told DAT my compressor is leaking.how do I go about it pls.I don't wana be ripped off
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by colossus2: 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
Mr Gazzuzz, please I need EPS module for Kia Cerato 09/10
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by darmilolah(m): 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Post the number here.

I can't post his number without his approval
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
darmilolah:

private chat me let me give you rewire number that will help you in Willoughby

Problem solved. Had a wrong ecu in the car.
America spec ecu (non vtec) in an European spec (vtec engine).

Had to find the car follow come ecu.

Car takes off like spirit now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bigthingz: 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hello house. Pls can some one with experience help me on this one.. I have an offer of a Ford bus e250 2003 Nigeria company use.. One is a v8 the other is a v6. I Want to use it for pure water distribution. Kindly advice me which is preferable and what to look out before buying it. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by VolvoS60(m): 3:22am On Jan 25, 2019
Good thread.

A few questions about a Toyota Land Cruiser (2008 model year, 2UZ FE engine):

1. Whenever the vehicle is started the radiator fan immediately comes on and stays on, running at high speed/revs. The condenser fan also comes on immediately the vehicle has been switched on but the condenser fan does not run as quickly - it runs slowly. Is this normal – should both fans come on at the same time once the car starts? And should they run at different speeds? Owner says the thermostat has not been removed or tampered with as far as he knows.

2. The oil pressure indicator consistently remains in the lower third of the gauge – it never reaches the halfway point of the gauge. Is this within specs?

3. And finally, the temperature gauge indicator never reaches the halfway line. We are concerned about this when taken with the two previous points above – 'low' oil pressure and a continuously running radiator fan. From what I have seen here, things seem to be pointing in the direction of the unspeakable – that is, the thermostat has been removed and the cooling fans have been bridged undecided. But we need expert opinion before we go further.

Weigh in with your views...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 6:58am On Jan 25, 2019
Good day gurus in the house, my check engine line popped up and noticed an increase in fuel consumption.
Did a scan and got the error "p 303 cylinder misfire, powertrain. Took it to a mech he cleaned the fuel filter and serviced the injector.
After 2days the check engine light is back on, and I've also noticed the fuel consumption is quite high, what could be wrong.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ticoticotico: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2019
GoI'd day everyone,

I will like to know the implications of using a Toyota highlander v6 compressor on toyota camry v4 car, I just discovered my AC man deceived me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2019
VolvoS60:
Good thread.

A few questions about a Toyota Land Cruiser (2008 model year, 2UZ FE engine):

1. Whenever the vehicle is started the radiator fan immediately comes on and stays on, running at high speed/revs. The condenser fan also comes on immediately the vehicle has been switched on but the condenser fan does not run as quickly - it runs slowly. Is this normal – should both fans come on at the same time once the car starts? And should they run at different speeds? Owner says the thermostat has not been removed or tampered with as far as he knows.

2. The oil pressure indicator consistently remains in the lower third of the gauge – it never reaches the halfway point of the gauge. Is this within specs?

3. And finally, the temperature gauge indicator never reaches the halfway line. We are concerned about this when taken with the two previous points above – 'low' oil pressure and a continuously running radiator fan. From what I have seen here, things seem to be pointing in the direction of the unspeakable – that is, the thermostat has been removed and the cooling fans have been bridged undecided. But we need expert opinion before we go further.

Weigh in with your views...

Car had been abused. Snap picture of instruments cluster
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:08am On Jan 25, 2019
double3:
Good day gurus in the house, my check engine line popped up and noticed an increase in fuel consumption.
Did a scan and got the error "p 303 cylinder misfire, powertrain. Took it to a mech he cleaned the fuel filter and serviced the injector.
After 2days the check engine light is back on, and I've also noticed the fuel consumption is quite high, what could be wrong.
Check what he did on cylinder 3. Re check coils, injectors, and sparkplugs. Ensure your ECU isn't bad sha. What car is this biko?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08am On Jan 25, 2019
ticoticotico:
GoI'd day everyone,

I will like to know the implications of using a Toyota highlander v6 compressor on toyota camry v4 car, I just discovered my AC man deceived me

what year of camry?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2019
bigthingz:
Hello house. Pls can some one with experience help me on this one.. I have an offer of a Ford bus e250 2003 Nigeria company use.. One is a v8 the other is a v6. I Want to use it for pure water distribution. Kindly advice me which is preferable and what to look out before buying it. Thank you

Those busses are rugged, very good workhorses. But down side they do not age gracefully, have no 2nd hand value.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bigthingz: 9:27am On Jan 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Those busses are rugged, very good workhorses. But down side they do not age gracefully, have no 2nd hand value.
thanks. appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.