Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (433931 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2014
jamesbanjo:
pls bro kindly help me with the link to the effect profile. ... This one aint working
http://www16.zippyshare.com/d/62442357/38593/IRS%20Starter%20Pack%20(17%20Aug).zip The IRS starter pack.
Extract & copy or move it to SD card/viper4android/kernel folder.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by renod(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2014
DonDemu:
Guys my gionee m2 got hard bricked while to upgrade to kitkat. Now I have gotten a guide on how to unbrick it but the problem is I am suppose to flash with either the 4GB or 8GB stock Rom and I do not know if mine is the 4GB version or that with 8Gb. Pls is there any wayI can know whether it is the one with 4GB or 8Gb Rom without powering the phone to check the spec?
*Reason being that it is hard bricked so it wont power on... Gracias Amigos
I guess u flashed the wrong firmware version for your phone when you don't even knw the firmware that came with it
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by renod(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2014
proffnico:
http://www16.zippyshare.com/d/62442357/38593/IRS%20Starter%20Pack%20(17%20Aug).zip The IRS starter pack.
Extract & copy or move it to SD card/viper4android/kernel folder.
abeg how I fit root stock kitkat,and can I flash recovery with the IMG file I used while I was still on jb,I mean the recovery.img
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2014
renod:
I guess u flashed the wrong firmware version for your phone when you don't even knw the firmware that came with it
!'m sorry but that doesn't answer the question Boss
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2014
DonDemu:
Guys my gionee m2 got hard bricked while to upgrade to kitkat. Now I have gotten a guide on how to unbrick it but the problem is I am suppose to flash with either the 4GB or 8GB stock Rom and I do not know if mine is the 4GB version or that with 8Gb. Pls is there any wayI can know whether it is the one with 4GB or 8Gb Rom without powering the phone to check the spec?

Check your phone pack.
It's written on it.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
XavierG:

Check your phone pack.
It's written on it.
Thanks for the response hommie. Problem is I dont have that paper-tag that has the spec written on it, the one usually wrapped around the pack cry. Below is all I have as regard to the phone's pack angry

CC:deejay_harry1
proffnico:
benjeeade
swisscarter

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by renod(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
go to settings-storage c my ss below.mine is 8gb

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxibrainz: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
pls my friends gionee m2 is having this issue 'process system isn't responding' he is running android 4.2, when he boots the phone it takes like 20mins then shows a black background, it would show a msg process system isn't responding press ok, then when i click ok it would display home screen, the camera isn't working and the network bars isn't showing. Any solution? installed cmw and flashed the stock rom that didn't help, i don't know if there is any custom rom that can solve the issue, tanx
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by oyeludef(m): 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hello. Pls is there anyone here who knows where i can get dis phone in ilesa, osun state or probably a dealer who can send me one? Pls reply.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 12:39am On Dec 17, 2014
Eeehh..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 12:39am On Dec 17, 2014
DonDemu:

If na so d tin confuse u reach, u 4 just kukuma download both files for 4gb & 8gb..
Flash each of the files 1 must work..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 17, 2014
renod:
go to settings-storage c my ss below.mine is 8gb
Nawa 4 u o. You always drift off lane..The phone is HARD BRICKED Sire. Meaning I cant power it on. How does telling me your's is the 8GB version be of any help to me? I'll very very much appreciate if you can allow 'men wey sabi' to help me out abeg. Anyways Thanks for letting us know, and big congrats for having a 8GB version of Gionee M2 embarassed embarassed sad angry
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 17, 2014
aarinzee:

If na so d tin confuse u reach, u 4 just kukuma download both files for 4gb & 8gb..
Flash each of the files 1 must work..
Thanks for the response hommie, but that was the same shyt that got ma m2 hardbricked. ll give it a try as u suggested though. Pls can you or anyone in the house help with any link/guide for me to unbrick/flash it back to life? The video guide I downloaded from youtube has one muhfaka with one helluva strong British accent, one hardly understand what he's saying. Its more of speaking in tongues
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=XavierG post=28927831]
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 4:07am On Dec 17, 2014
maxibrainz:
pls my friends gionee m2 is having this issue 'process system isn't responding' he is running android 4.2, when he boots the phone it takes like 20mins then shows a black background, it would show a msg process system isn't responding press ok, then when i click ok it would display home screen, the camera isn't working and the network bars isn't showing. Any solution? installed cmw and flashed the stock rom that didn't help, i don't know if there is any custom rom that can solve the issue, tanx
Why not update it to Kitkat? Using sp flash tool! Just search how to update Gionee m2 to Kitkat and follow any of the first 3 results
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 5:09am On Dec 17, 2014
DonDemu:

Thanks for the response hommie. Problem is I dont have that paper-tag that has the spec written on it, the one usually wrapped around the pack cry. Below is all I have as regard to the phone's pack angry

proffnico:
benjeeade
swisscarter

When did u buy it??
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 5:11am On Dec 17, 2014
DonDemu:
Thanks for the response hommie, but that was the same shyt that got ma m2 hardbricked. ll give it a try as u suggested though. Pls can you or anyone in the house help with any link/guide for me to unbrick/flash it back to life? The video guide I downloaded from youtube has one muhfaka with one helluva strong British accent, one hardly understand what he's saying. Its more of speaking in tongues
WhatsApp me processes too long to put here on nl

+2348093305416
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by renod(m): 6:49am On Dec 17, 2014
DonDemu:
Nawa 4 u o. You always drift off lane..The phone is HARD BRICKED Sire. Meaning I cant power it on. How does telling me your's is the 8GB version be of any help to me? I'll very very much appreciate if you can allow 'men wey sabi' to help me out abeg. Anyways Thanks for letting us know, and big congrats for having a 8GB version of Gionee M2 embarassed embarassed sad angry
oh sorry I Neva knew it was hard bricked
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxibrainz: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2014
directonpc:

Why not update it to Kitkat? Using sp flash tool! Just search how to update Gionee m2 to Kitkat and follow any of the first 3 results
would upgrading to KitKat solve the problem
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxibrainz: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2014
pls my friends gionee m2 is having this issue
'process system isn't responding' he is running
android 4.2, when he boots the phone it takes
like 20mins then shows a black background, it
would show a msg process system isn't
responding press ok, then when i click ok it
would display home screen, the camera isn't
working and the network bars isn't showing. Any
solution? installed cmw and flashed the stock
rom that didn't help, i don't know if there is any
custom rom that can solve the issue, tanx
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2014
swisscarter:
WhatsApp me processes too long to put here on nl

+2348093305416
Ok man
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2014
swisscarter:

When did u buy it??
About a month ago from a regular phone shop (not a dealership)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Thebrightest(m): 11:15am On Dec 17, 2014
DonDemu:

proffnico:
benjeeade
swisscarter
Come to think of it, do you know you are funny? You dont know the inbuilt memory of the Gionee M2 you bought? Thats more than funny bro.
Anyways, i am 99.9% sure your Gionee M2 is the 8GB version. The secret is that all the Gionee M2 that came with that kind of dark case and a paper tag around it are 8GB versions.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2014
DonDemu:

I see..
If you recently purchased the phone lets say not more than 2mnths then probably its an 8gb version..
But all the same try both files 4gb or 8gb, start with 8gb 1st..
Well am guessin u have all necessary drivers installed..
Try these..

1 : Load scatter file of the 8gb and when thats done, use "Download" instead of "Firmware Upgrade" and mind you, there are two folders zipped in the rom, identify the one that is the real folder with the actual rom files and delete the other so you dont get confused..

2 : Just incase the above methods didnt work you have no option but to load scatter file and format the fone, however u'll end up getting stuck with invalid imei, buh u cam always fix that with mobileuncle..
When your done formatting you can now flash the rom again using "Download" hopefully it'll work..

Give it a try..

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2014
maxibrainz:
pls my friends gionee m2 is having this issue
'process system isn't responding' he is running
android 4.2, when he boots the phone it takes
like 20mins then shows a black background, it
would show a msg process system isn't
responding press ok, then when i click ok it
would display home screen, the camera isn't
working and the network bars isn't showing. Any
solution? installed cmw and flashed the stock
rom that didn't help, i don't know if there is any
custom rom that can solve the issue, tanx

Someone obviously deleted the systemUI..
Buh just incase am wrong, try resetting the fone with CWM..
If its still not fixed use "wipe all data preflash" when its done you can restore the backup if there is one or any custom rom if available..
That should fix it..
Make sure you have a perfect working backup before wiping o..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Adofaya: 11:56am On Dec 17, 2014
This phone hangs a lot
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxibrainz: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
aarinzee:

Someone obviously deleted the systemUI..
Buh just incase am wrong, try resetting the fone with CWM..
If its still not fixed use "wipe all data preflash" when its done you can restore the backup if there is one or any custom rom if available..
That should fix it..
Make sure you have a perfect working backup before wiping o..
OK I have installed cmw and flashed the stock rom I got from xda still problem persist, I would try the preflash and install the xda stock ROM I got tanx
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
maxibrainz:

OK I have installed cmw and flashed the stock rom I got from xda still problem persist, I would try the preflash and install the xda stock ROM I got tanx
Pls bro tell me d procedures u followed in flashing d CWM. Mine is d 8gb version
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
maxibrainz:

would upgrading to KitKat solve the problem
Absolutely! Yes
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by fnep2smooth(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
directonpc:

Absolutely! Yes
pls bro I try changing my imei to BlackBerry but I get a response that " this command is not allowed it user build.
pls someone help
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
fnep2smooth:

pls bro I try changing my imei to BlackBerry but I get a response that " this command is not allowed it user build.
pls someone help
when u type the imei

Leave a space between the AT+ it Will now look like this

AT +

Leave only one space

And then send command

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by chimzyblack(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
please has anybody been able to play PES on this phone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (190) (Reply)

Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.