Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (433985 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by fnep2smooth(m): 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
swisscarter:
when u type the imei

Leave a space between the AT+ it Will now look like this

AT +

Leave only one space

And then send command
Thanks it works...
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
fnep2smooth:

Thanks it works...
okay bro
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
aarinzee:

I see..
If you recently purchased the phone lets say not more than 2mnths then probably its an 8gb version..
But all the same try both files 4gb or 8gb, start with 8gb 1st..
Well am guessin u have all necessary drivers installed..
Try these..

1 : Load scatter file of the 8gb and when thats done, use "Download" instead of "Firmware Upgrade" and mind you, there are two folders zipped in the rom, identify the one that is the real folder with the actual rom files and delete the other so you dont get confused..

2 : Just incase the above methods didnt work you have no option but to load scatter file and format the fone, however u'll end up getting stuck with invalid imei, buh u cam always fix that with mobileuncle..
When your done formatting you can now flash the rom again using "Download" hopefully it'll work..

Give it a try..
Tnx brother. Am I to use SP flash Tools? If Yes, which version?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by fnep2smooth(m): 6:03am On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
okay bro
but since yesterday... I Have not been browsing and i got a message say activation pending. The 3g wont connect and the apn is blackberry.net .... Please cos am having a feeling its from the imei cos its shows blackberry 8320
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2014
fnep2smooth:
but since yesterday... I Have not been browsing and i got a message say activation pending. The 3g wont connect and the apn is blackberry.net .... Please cos am having a feeling its from the imei cos its shows blackberry 8320
did u subscribe before changing your imei
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by fnep2smooth(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
did u subscribe before changing your imei
after changing
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2014
aarinzee:

I see..
If you recently purchased the phone lets say not more than 2mnths then probably its an 8gb version..
But all the same try both files 4gb or 8gb, start with 8gb 1st..
Well am guessin u have all necessary drivers installed..
Try these..

1 : Load scatter file of the 8gb and when thats done, use "Download" instead of "Firmware Upgrade" and mind you, there are two folders zipped in the rom, identify the one that is the real folder with the actual rom files and delete the other so you dont get confused..

2 : Just incase the above methods didnt work you have no option but to load scatter file and format the fone, however u'll end up getting stuck with invalid imei, buh u cam always fix that with mobileuncle..
When your done formatting you can now flash the rom again using "Download" hopefully it'll work..

Give it a try..
how come i used mine firmware upgrade instead of download and it upgraded successful?

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxibrainz: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
my friends gionee m2 is not powering up after kitkat upgrade, what is the solution?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
maxibrainz:
my friends gionee m2 is not powering up after kitkat upgrade, what is the solution?
its hard bricked

You have to flash stock jellybean before it can power up
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by rust6(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
please I flashed in hive Rom to my Ginoee m2 8gib version but the rear ( back) camera is not working who has a link to hive Rom for Ginoee m2 8gb version with rear camera issue solved
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
rust6:
please I flashed in hive Rom to my Ginoee m2 8gib version but the rear ( back) camera is not working who has a link to hive Rom for Ginoee m2 8gb version with rear camera issue solved
grin
rust6:
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by rust6(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
please am serious the hive Rom is so sweet but it's rear camera that is the issue
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
rust6:
please am serious the hive Rom is so sweet but it's rear camera that is the issue
lol....you they find hive ROM 8gb version? Guy if you know u like your camera better revert back to your stock rom ooo
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Tolu95(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
my new gionee m2 no get SD Space ooo
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by chimzyblack(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hmm all these guys porting Roms like there is no tomorrow. I am still flexing my gionee m2 pre -installed with kitkat rom version 4.4.2. #i'have gat no worries
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxibrainz: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
its hard bricked

You have to flash stock jellybean before it can power up
pls how do I do that
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hello guys, i need Gionee M2, is there anybdy dat want 2 sell his or her's? U can reply me here or whatsapp me on 07066652119
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
DonDemu:
Tnx brother. Am I to use SP flash Tools? If Yes, which version?

Yes it should be flashed with SP flashtool, download the one you see on the gionee update page..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
wiseone28:
how come i used mine firmware upgrade instead of download and it upgraded successful?

You can only use firmware upgrade if you are still on jelly bean and want to upgrade to kitkat, or if you format the device via sptool..
But if your already on kitkat if you use firmware upgrade sptool will give you error thats for sure...
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by chuksp09(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
rust6:

mine is working perfectly, did u flash the gallery and camera app provided in the tutorial, cause i am using the hive rom without any probs. Though i flased the gallery and camera app, I got mine from xda. And i use gionee m2 8gb
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dollerman:
Hello guys, i need Gionee M2, is there anybdy dat want 2 sell his or her's? U can reply me here or whatsapp me on 07066652119
am waiting to hear frm u guys
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by rust6(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
how did you flash it and when did you get your Gionee m2 I mean month
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by chuksp09(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
rust6:
how did you flash it and when did you get your Gionee m2 I mean month
i got mine september, with jb stock rom, i just downloaded the rom did a pref lash in cwm then i just flashed it no bigge, after which i flashed the camera and gallery app!
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2014
rust6:
it works for 4gb version of the phone

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 12:10am On Dec 19, 2014
Dollerman:
them no dey sale new one for you for market?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by phuminex: 8:10am On Dec 19, 2014
morning, i recently purchased my gionee m2 kit kat version, after charging for the first few days, the battery was cool and now it drains fast dont know what, i dont know anything about rooting so its not rooted. is it the os thats draining the battery fast. I really love dz phone, what should i do?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by ityP(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Dollerman:

I'm in Jos and want to sell my gionee m2 to go for m3... are u interested? it's 2 weeks old... phone number: 08108289259
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by dopekush(m): 11:09am On Dec 19, 2014
sumbody shud dash me 20k to buy dis fone to pay back 31k nxt year feb.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2014
dopekush:
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
dopekush:

grin grin grin

Bro, you just made my Christmas
Hahaha

This is so funny!
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
aarinzee:

Yes it should be flashed with SP flashtool, download the one you see on the gionee update page..
SP flashtool not recognising phone bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (190) (Reply)

Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.