Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Post-UME Exam Discussion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post-UME Exam Discussion (15399 Views)

Breaking news: Esut Post Ume Exam cancelled or suspended. / UNIBEN Post-UME Exam And Application Form / Post-ume Exam At Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post-UME Exam Discussion by trakos(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2006
The post-ume on our way is somehow confusing. Some schools will conduct a test while some will only do screening.

It was said that if you get 200 and above in UME, you are automatically qualified for post-UME.

The question is that won't some schools take UME score into consideration? As for me, I scored 233 for Elect/Elect in FUTA. If someone with the same school and course gets 270, what will happen to both of us?

Share your experience here.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by anobscase(m): 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2006
As for me,It depends on the school you applied.I applied for Elect/Elect FUTO and I got 217.I just hope they`ll write the screening exams so that i can try my luck there.But if it should be judged with the jamb scores,i think i`m going no where or maybe i`ll get a lower course like agric engineering or Fst.It all depends on the school`s criteria
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2006
anobscase:

As for me,It depends on the school you applied.I applied for Elect/Elect FUTO and I got 217.I just hope they`ll write the screening exams so that i can try my luck there.But if it should be judged with the jamb scores,i think i`m going no where or maybe i`ll get a lower course like agric engineering or Fst.It all depends on the school`s criteria

It all depended on the schools last session but one is afraid NUC or JAMB might tell the schools to set cut-off mark for the post-ume at 200 and so many folks will miss out. UNIJOS had to cut 160 last time but I bet they will raise it this time around.Who knows it might not get to 200 for some schools.But places like UNILAGOS, UNN and UNIBEN etc forget it- you must make up to 200 I believe. I made 251 against Economics Unijos but my brother made 196 against Medicine UNIJOS and he is the one jittering. Many folks made below 200 but schools can bring them in for post-ume screening for more money in their purses.Again if no directives from NUC or JAMB, then some below-200 candidates of the power that be in Government and schools may make these people get look-ins.Nothing is known or clear.What do you think?
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by symple: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2006
Is there anything like post ume this year? I don't think so.
Last year, the conduct was really bad. I've not heard about it this year tho.
So, I don't think we gonna have it this year.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by goodguy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2006
I just had a chat with a student of U.I a couple of minutes ago. He said, in U.I, they do not really consider your UME scores. Your O' level also matters!

For instance, if a student who scored 300 in JAMB, had just C parallel in his O' levels, he may not be shortlisted for the interview (They actually conducted interviews for them last year, which will most likely be the same to happen this year too).

Therefore, scoring high in the UME is not enough to qualify one for a post UME exam in the University of Ibadan, you must also have a good O' level result.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2006
If schools get the O'level scores in addition to Ume aggregates to determine who makes post-ume screening, then the list will be seriously whittled down. Now in Unijos many guys can't proceed with their registration because Physics or English Language is not OK. Many who have all it takes to enrol are not selected. Check http://www.unijos.edu.ng/admission/?xht=35 and see for yourself.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 17, 2006
trakos:

The post-ume on our way is somehow confusing. Some schools will conduct a test while some will only do screening.

It was said that if you get 200 and above in UME, you are automatically qualified for post-UME.

The question is that won't some schools take UME score into consideration? As for me, I scored 233 for Elect/Elect in FUTA. If someone with the same school and course gets 270, what will happen to both of us?

Share your experience here.

After the screening both of you can be admitted in the same Major. But what is screening when people can't still register after being admitted. Why can't schools do thorough jobs of checking works to make their admission lists shorter and better?
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by mexxy(m): 5:24am On Jul 20, 2006
i believe this post ume stuff is bullshit,cos how can one score 273 and all in the name of post jamb there reject the person.it's just cupid.spare me that jist jaire.abeg
wat ya say? lipsrsealed
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by mexxy(m): 5:28am On Jul 20, 2006
i believe this post ume stuff is bullshit,cos how can one score 273 and all in the name of post jamb the person is rejected.it's just cupid.spare me that jist jaire.abeg
    wat ya say? lipsrsealed
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by goodguy(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2006
I heard all Federal Universities are to resume by September. Anyone knows how true this is?
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by trakos(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2006
mexxy:

i believe this post ume stuff is bullshit,because how can one score 273 and all in the name of post jamb there reject the person.it's just cupid.spare me that jist jaire.abeg
what ya say? lipsrsealed
there must be a reason for the rejection because i think if someone get 273 in jamb,he/she should be able to perform in post jamb since the question was not set in heaven. if the person pass the post-ume and still not given admission,then something is definitely wrong.all the same,we need to read and pass the post ume.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by wimartez: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2006
shout out to u all who made the site a reality. Just check my Jamb and is 210. I choosed Unilag for 1st choice with medicine and surgery and Uniben as second choice for same course. Please does any one knows about the date for the Post-Ume?
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by DereI(f): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2006
Please does anyone know when the post-jamb exams 4 OAU is coming up?
And does anyone also know the cut-off mark for Oau/ Englsih
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by laykay(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2006
please does anyone know when unilag is goin to have their post jamb exams pls holla at talktoleke@yahoo.com bye
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by stanuka: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2006
hi,
regarding to the O.A.U post test i can really say precisely wen this will hold bt i guessed that should be september as they 'll be endin their examz by sept.

Meanwhile,am also am waitin 4 O.A.U post test though, i scored 248 4 political science but my guys 'll really release da info if they hear abt it.

Am stanukaaa2@YAHOO.COM
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by ennyg: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2006
Hello,
Can someone plz holla me when O.A.U post UME is, holla me back on ma e-mail add. enny4love20052000@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by opeemi1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2006
@ All Nairalanders,

Please, if in any case you know when the post-ume exams is coming up, kindly post the dates for others to see.

I heard some universities have already done theirs, Good luck U'll.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by gabrielle: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2006
pls wat does d post ume exam entail for LASU esp for law
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by mafioso(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2006
Yes it is True Pluto is no more a Planet!!!!! because of Its tiny size and highly eccentric orbit precludes it from joining other planets'

PRAGUE: Pluto on Thursday lost its seven-decade status as the ninth and outermost planet of the solar system.

The decision was taken at an assembly of the International Astronomical Union (IAU), world's top astronomical body.

"The eight planets are Mercury, Earth, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune," said a resolution, passed in a raised-hands vote, which was followed a stormy debate.

Pluto's status had been contested for many years by some astronomers, who said that its tiny size and highly eccentric orbit precluded it from joining the other acknowledged planets.

The astronomers contended that the ninth rock from the sun never deserved to be a full planet in the first place.

Pluto was classified a planet because scientists initially believed it was the same size as Earth. It remained one because for years, it was the only known object in the Kuiper Belt, an enigmatic zone beyond Neptune that is teeming with comets and other planetary objects.

In 1978 Pluto was found to have a moon and it was later named Charon. The Hubble telescope turned up two more, which this past June were called Nix and Hydra.

Orbit oblong

In the1990s, powerful telescopes revealed numerous bodies similar to Pluto in the neighbourhood.

The observations also showed that Pluto's orbit was oblong, sending it soaring well above and beyond the main plane of the solar system where Earth and the other seven planets circle the sun.

That prompted some galactic grumbling from astronomers. They began openly attacking Pluto's planethood.

UB313 discovery

The movement in support of downgrading Pluto gained ground after the discovery of an object beyond Pluto's orbit, called 2003 UB313. The discoverer said UB313 was as big as Pluto and thus could lay claim to being a planet. It is unofficially known as Xena.

Pluto was discovered on February 18, 1930 by astronomer Clyde Tombaugh.

Richard Binzel, a professor of planetary science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a member of the international union's planet definition committee, had contended that Pluto met key tests of planetary physics "by a long shot" and earned its status.

Before Thursday's vote, Mr. Binzel was asked whether he would mourn Pluto.

"I don't know. Ask me later," he said. — Agencies

Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by JOSSYTEM(f): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2006
PLS CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF PSYCHOLOGY IN UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE AND PROBABLY MY CHANCE OF MAKING IT MY SCORE IS 209 AND I AM TO USE TWO SITTINGS PLS IF U ARE WILLING TO HELP SEND TO aayomipe4real@yahoo.co.uk TNKS GOD BLESS U AS U HELP
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by omolayo1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2006
pls, i just need to know when O. A . U post UME is coming up. anybody with current info should just pls hint me on my e mail box authoriseauthor@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by anobscase(m): 3:08am On Aug 31, 2006
Who knows when FUTO'S Post UME Exams are coming??Plz gist me
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by henchyk(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2006
Futo haven't announced
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by bukatti4: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2006
grin i cant say it is wrong to conduct the post ume.For me i do believe in justifying
practice not in a situation whereby after writing the screening and score well yet no admission.
i wish my fellow candidates good luck. smiley
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by Terry1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2006
Hello,

Anyone got information on when Unilorin is gonna conduct there Post UME examination?
Please let me know, i will appreciate
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by anobscase(m): 3:03am On Sep 02, 2006
I heard FUTO will write theirs on the 17th of september,but i dont know the requirements.some said the registration is going to be online, Which bank should i get the form or scratch card
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by Oracle(m): 4:44am On Sep 02, 2006
UNN will be conducting theirs this month, i have the exam on the 20th
forms are on sale now.
I think i'll have to go and get mine.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by endure: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2006
Hello Guys,
Itz been wonderful sharing your views. Anyway, I recently checked my JAMB and found out I was offered admision in UNIABJ, I guess daz just a provisional admision anyway. My problem now is that I dont know if the Post-Ume is going to hold in UNIABJ cuz up till now, a date for the test has not been scheduled and I learnt all Federal universities are resuming by september, Plz if anyone knows abt the UNIABJ post-Ume or their screening method, kindly mail me via nd_smart2luv@yahoo.com I will apreciate a lot.

Kudos to u all cheesy
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by mekoyo(m): 9:46am On Sep 06, 2006
Futo's post ume comes up on the 18th of dis month nd u can only get d scratch cards in owerri from any of d following banks: zenith, guarantee trust, uba, spring, etc.
go get urs now.
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by lordss(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2006
Well, to me i believe post ume exam is just a waste of time and gud avenue for the schools to get money in there pocket. Any student admitted in any university, the first yr should determine if he could go futher,
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by jamoski(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2006
[i][/i][b][/b]please does anybody know when o.o.u. are having their post ume test?notify me via jamiu_17@yahoo.com
Re: Post-UME Exam Discussion by daslick007(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2006
hello ya'll,
any heard anything about this post UME thingy, i heard candidates can check if hey've been offered admission on the jambonline website, how true is that pls. stevedslick@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output / Unaab 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out / 500naira Recharge Card Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.