Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? (25111 Views)

Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by colossus2: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2014
justi4jesu: Dunno
Where is your thread grin
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by anochuko01(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2014
yeah he has. Shame to all those ran their mouth, condeming his inclusion in the team. Dont be surprise when u see uchebo do more against france.

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by brownlord: 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2014
blueto: Ya . But, if only he stayed away from onazi's volley, he would have been among those that will feature against france. Now will have to depend on moses or uchebo

Important people are picking injury and Mikel Obi is still fit, life so unfair. Mikel is the worst thing to happen to SE in this World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
django1:

Babatunde is better than Uchebo.

sad to see how he goes out of the tournament.

Babatunde to me is just an average player who is trying too hard to produce what he doesn't have. Did you see his markings, very sluggish the same with Oshaniwa. Uchebo is more skillful and cleaner with his touches. Keshi made a big mistake when he dropped Mba. I bet he is regretting it. Look at how weak our midfield is and you people are here praising a common ball chaser. Abegi!

2 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by penny01502: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
mainheart: and which country is ur favorite
Ghana

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
he has
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
brownlord:

Important people are picking injury and Mikel Obi is still fit, life so unfair. Mikel is the worst thing to happen to SE in this World Cup.

Mike is a complete joke,I swear! The guy no get liver,at all.
Markings ;very poor.
Dribbles ;f9.
Passes ;Odi egwu!

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Babatunde to me is just an average player who is trying too hard to produce what he doesn't have. Did you see his markings, very sluggish the same with Oshaniwa. Uchebo is more skillful and cleaner with his touches. Keshi made a big mistake when he dropped Mba. I bet he is regretting it. Look at how weak our midfield is and you people are here praising a common ball chaser. Abegi!

You must be joking or you just don't want to repent from your bias, babatunde plays excellently and oshaniwa is presently the highest rated defender in the squad.

7 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by shizzle11(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
Going by my pre-tournament rating of him, i will say he has performed well beyond my expectation, so in ths vein, ill say yes, he is a revelation. Sadly thou he unfortunately blocked a ferocious shot from Onazi which was destined to the top right corner of Romero's goal, which has effectively ruled him out of the tournament.

Well done Babatunde cool

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Dapsynzeal(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
Abiagirl777: Idon't rily care if he has justified it.
Do u guys knw i just lost my NL acc.because of de attack,i can't even rememba my password for both my Email and for NL.i'm finished,had to open dis 1 nw.i miss my old handle.
#sobs...
Same applies to me o...missed my old handle real bad
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
brownlord:

Markings ;very poor.
Dribbles ;f9.
Passes ;Odi egwu!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

oh yeah, I think we all saw how Uchebo dazzled against Argentina. His skills were too mesmerizing for the Argentines to handle.

2 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by VINDYLOMO(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
I like Babatunde o, he had justified his inclusion.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by brownlord: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Markings ;very poor.
Dribbles ;f9.
Passes ;Odi egwu!

Keshi should explain what mikel is doing in the World Cup, we played all 3 match with 10 men.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
django1:

You must be joking or you just don't want to repent from your bias, babatunde plays excellently and oshaniwa is presently the highest rated defender in the squad.

Bias for what and against who? Oshaniwa is improving but he is definitely not the best defender in that team. How about Efe Ambrose and Omeruo? Didn't you see all the blunders from Oshaniwa against the Argentines?

2 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by brownlord: 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Please pray to God for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Bomoobacom(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2014
d guy dy try
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
Paroman: oh yeah, I think we all saw how Uchebo dazzled against Argentina. His skills were too mesmerizing for the Argentines to handle.

The young man was brought in during the dying minutes and so was Nwofor, so,he didn't really have enough time to establish a show. By the way,he isn't really an attacking midfielder.

2 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by lexyman(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
moshudinho: yes, but he still hangs onto the ball for too long.. Pls who can explain what that thing with dada is doing in the teams camp

Uchebo style of play is also very important to that team .... I will pick him over Ameobi .

Babatunde has proved that he can be better . A workaholic and efficient player.

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by gsalvatore: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
That dude can't play for shit.

Very selfish- he is in dire need to show himself, loses the ball and bare marked the opponent during Bosnia game.

Hangs on ball for too long thats why he got a knock during bosnia game. He always loses Focus that's why Onazi's shot caught(if he was focus he would have dodged the shot perhaps that would have been a goal)

On the flipside, Onazi did us a favor IMO.

Selfishness is what sent Ivory coast and Ghana packing, if am lying ask Jordan Ayew and Solomon Kalou.

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Bias for what and against who? Oshaniwa is improving but he is definitely not the best defender in that team. How about Efe Ambrose and Omeruo? Didn't you see all the blunders from Oshaniwa against the Argentines?

He is rated as such on the FIFA website, you can check it out. this is not a matter open to debate, statistically he had performed better, here is where your bias shows, you just can't stomach it that he is doing well as most of you have predicted failure for him and every other person you don't like that Keshi picked, and yet Keshi and his boys are proving you wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by DrGabbi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
The guy is definitely going to be missed.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by prettyblaqy(f): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
so far he has tried, i knew from the onset that he was going to justify it if not for this wahala now.. not happy it ended up that way. I really pity him.. Also the same we will miss him. And God will also heip us
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by rash47(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Oh, my beloved nairaland...i so missed ya more than i could ever imagined.

Yes oo, michael has been very very impressive, the nigga has perform far better than mikel who is d most useless no 10 in this tournament.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by adisa204(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

the only weak nigga in the midfield 4 me is Mikel babatunde has really shown his worth at this world cup...
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Emmyp52: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
Michael to me really tried, he even show more commitment more than expected of him.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by ekea2001: 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
No more 'Allahu ak bar' bow 4 Michael Bb..just
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
penny01502: am sad cos my favorite african team is gone, as for the super eagle I don't have passion for them

No one cares about you either
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by adisa204(m): 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
gsalvatore: That dude can't play for shit.

Very selfish- he is in dire need to show himself, loses the ball and bare marked the opponent during Bosnia game.

Hangs on ball for too long thats why he got a knock during bosnia game. He always loses Focus that's why Onazi's shot caught(if he was focus he would have dodged the shot perhaps that would have been a goal)

On the flipside, Onazi did us a favor IMO.

Selfishness is what sent Ivory coast and Ghana packing, if am lying ask Jordan Ayew and Solomon Kalou.
kai imagine so it is unprofessional to get hit by ur teammates shot again..ntn wet I no go hear
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by brownlord: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
adisa204: the only weak nigga in the midfield 4 me is Mikel babatunde has really shown his worth at this world cup...

Stop calling Mikel, that guy na FIFA fair play for that team, we've been playing 10 men
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by alotofgrace(m): 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
satowind: Wat happened to nairaland?

hin go brasil....came back wit ghana
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
I am one of those who questioned his inclusion and must confess that he lived above expectation but that said he needs to still improve and would have improved as the world cup goes on if not for that bad injury

1 week to world cup I would have been quietly pleased to see Babatunde Injured so that he is replaced; but now I am broken hearted that he will not be facing France because he brings balance to the midfield. He is the best 3rd man in the midfield among the lot that went to Brazil

does this in anyway vindicate Keshi? not at all because for all the plesants suprises about Michael Babatunde; there was the rude awakening to the fact that Ramon Azeez is just not ready for world cup watching that Nigeria-Iran match. Stephen Keshi was simply reckless in his selection because there are still too many players in our squad that just should not be there. Our midfield personel is also still too slim!

I hope somebody else steps up and fill the gap left by Babatunde. who knows may be Uzoenyi's time may have finally come!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Romped To Victory At The Women Champions League / Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.