Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? (25109 Views)

Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Emmanuel602(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2014
It is with great regret that I admit being part of the #babatunde goes to Brazil Twitter rant when he was included in the final list

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Mutaino7(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2014
moshudinho: yes, but he still hangs onto the ball for too long.. Pls who can explain what that thing with dada is doing in the teams camp
the guy resemble flavour I swear!!!!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Friendz4blue(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2014
quote dridowu
yes yes yes yes yes
ehn i wanna ask,are u related to WWE superstar Daniel Bryan?
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2014
Emmanuel602: It is with great regret that I admit being part of the #babatunde goes to Brazil Twitter rant when he was included in the final list
Same here. The guy kept on getting better. Just read-up that he had a successful surgery and needs at least 3wks to recover. Thank God for him o, please Lord make his recovery quicker. Like flash.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by satowind(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2014
alotofgrace:

hin go brasil....came back wit ghana
haha
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by MadCow1: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2014
moshudinho: yes, but he still hangs onto the ball for too long.. Pls who can explain what that thing with dada is doing in the teams camp

[b]You negative niggas would never stop..

Uchebo during the friendliest was top notch against Greece. He substituted Osaze and lifted the team. Osaze was utterly useless in the friendlies leading up to the worldcup only to get to Brazil and put on his A-Game.

Everybody shouted at the inclusion of Yobo in the squad.. Well, guess who has been the Pillar of the Nigerian backline in this tournament? Yes, Yobo..

Nigerians started a twitter campaign titled #BabatundeGoesToTheWorldCup to make a mockery of the guys inclusion in th squad, now he has silenced his critics and everybody has turned on Uchebo forgetting the guy showed some class during the friendlies.

You people should either support the team or leave football alone and wait for Big brother. angry

The only player so far who needs work on his game is Mikel Obi.. Other than that, Keshi has a decent team. He has unveiled new players at every tourney from Omeruo to Mba to Babatunde and more. I believe Uchebo would step up once given the chance like Oshaniwa.

Nigeria Vs. Netherlands (quarter -Finals) - 4 - 1[/b]

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by MadCow1: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: See as them dey jazz an average player.
Babatunde has a long way to go.
His markings are sluggish.
He lack creativity.
He is definitely not the answer we are looking for in the midfield.
Abeg,bring on Uchebo....He 's got skills and height.

As for Mikel, that boy na complete OTU!

He indeed has a long way to go, but he is on the right track.

Mikel Na Bra.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2014
Yeah, i think babatunde earned his place, i think he will be a very big miss for Nigeria. In a midfield with a very slow mikel and a defensive onazi, babatunde was the lifeline of attack and creativity.

The team will miss him.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by MadCow1: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2014
If Keshi must play Mikel again against France, he should be played as a defensive Midfielder and not an attacking midfielder.

Onazi should be he new number 10 for Nigeria. He creates chances, runs at opponents, passes well and is not sacred to take a shot from distance.

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2014
He will be back.

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by ask4bk(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
He was fantastic in both games he played. Too bad he's out of the world for stopping a shot that could've given us equalization.

Meanwhile Nigeria will succeed, only and only if we don't play MIKEL & FLAVOUR
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by gsalvatore: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Wow,bravo; You see,Nigerians are so emotionally blind. The guy showed little flashes and now he is their hero....lmao. The guy is heavy and has no finesse to his game. He is trying too hard to impress because he doesn't have the confidence.
Secondly, some say Musa is man of the match and I say for what,because he scored two goals. I don't think a lot of Nigerians are very smart. Check the work rate of Emenike,Osaze and Onazi.
Nigerians dont know what is work rate...osaze and onazi are the only players that are playing their hearts out..

thats why one dude called Ogbeche played bicycle kick and was imediately included in the world cup list only to become invisible in the main event.

Have you noticed that Efe and Juwon nomarly loses Focus thus making the CBs more vunerable?
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by SWG1: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
ask4bk: He was fantastic in both games he played. Too bad he's out of the world for stopping a shot that could've given us equalization.

Meanwhile Nigeria will succeed, only and only if we don't play MIKEL & FLAVOUR
Play mikel & flavour! Is there collabo (song) that bad.

Just kidding. I think we stil have to test ozoenyi since babatunde is out. But keshi is likely to replace him with moses or uchebo and bring in nwafor or .. as sub.
As for not playing mikel that one go hard keshi oo
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by nonjebose(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Against BIH and Arg,he was very poor in assiting the midfield in retrieving the ball. His positional movement off the ball gave us lots of problem. He tried some shots at goal against BIH which I commend. He is too soft in man marking. Osaze and Emenike had to do job of falling back to defend. His only meaningful contribution against arg was the pass to Musa that was buried. He practically non existent,admiring Messi all through the match. I will not miss him at all.

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by timilehin007(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
banega: Stupidity at its peak!! Your response shows you have nothing upstairs.. Dunce ¤ ¤

Now this is what I call dry.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by bidexmat(m): 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
defendedvictim: Hehe..u for quote d guy na. I'm Nt a nurse anyway
i provoke forget quote wa sere jare!!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Sowl(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Wow,bravo; You see,Nigerians are so emotionally blind. The guy showed little flashes and now he is their hero....lmao. The guy is heavy and has no finesse to his game. He is trying too hard to impress because he doesn't have the confidence.
Secondly, some say Musa is man of the match and I say for what,because he scored two goals. I don't think a lot of Nigerians are very smart. Check the work rate of Emenike,Osaze and Onazi.

How u think ur reasonin and wisdom can outsmart abt 80% of d guyz dat commented on dis post is quite astonishin,about 80% of the comments here says the dude as performed well considerin d fact dat he was a wild card comin in2 dis worldcup wit most nigerians writin him off as a surplus 2requirement,and here u are claimin u are d wisest coz u cant c anythin good cumin 4rm babatunde,d likes of emenike,osaze and onazi u mentioned are players we alrdy knw wat dey are capable of,so its nt much of a surprise wat dey are playin,if u are 2 constructively criticise any1 den direct ur midirected judgement on the mediocre and complacent john obi mikel.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by paiz007: 11:05am On Jun 29, 2014
Yes ooo
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by leisuretym: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2014
blueto: Ya . But, if only he stayed away from onazi's volley, he would have been among those that will feature against france. Now will have to depend on moses or uchebo

No! No ! No! We don't want that Flavour M'abania!
Vanguard called him a reggae footballer!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by vokalguy(m): 10:06am On Jun 30, 2014
semid4lyfe:

With his performance against Bosnia and Argentina, has Michael Babatunde justified his inclusion in the Super Eagles World Cup Squad?

Personally, I think he has. . .he's extremely hardworking, marks, back tracks & support the midfield, shoots and crosses very well and is unselfish.

For me, he's been the revelation in the team and his absence will be felt against France.

What do you think?

YES to everything you said.... he has a bright future, hopefully he will continue to develop as a player.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Romped To Victory At The Women Champions League / Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.