Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 (41777 Views)

Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Missy89(f): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
shymexx:

Almost everyone speaking English as first or second language, despite the different accents - shows how relevant Great Britain is. tongue Also, I think what most people label as "British arrogance" has more to do with Southern opinions...Northerners aren't like that.

look at a typical example here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJosfGwCj0I
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by chic2pimp(m): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

So tell me how is Britain relevant in today's world? and how are they different from other developed nations in Europe?

Do I really need to type a lengthy paragraph on the relevance of Britain in today's world? The fact that you are currently typing in English is one.

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by BabaO2: 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=40pt]Typical Ojoro Cheating Referee

FIFA is a FRAUD[/size]
I have been expecting this. Always try to be open minded, it was a deserved penalty, even there was a massive hacking from behind by same Marque on same Robben in the first half but was overlooked by same referee

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

But on general terms do you know that mainstream media is declining? I am not sure about the UK but in the US, only the people above 50 or so believe anything that comes out of the press. in another 2-3 decades big media establishments will be very irrelevant.

Mainstream media died a long time ago, and investigative journalism is on its death bed. BBC died a long time ago and Rupert Murdoch killed the other private ones. Guardian UK was alright a few years ago. However, the decline started when it started jocking the yanks. Only Independent is a bit balanced these days.

I barely watch mainstream media these days, apart from glancing through a few things, or breaking news. There's too much junk out there and the narrative is basically the same everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

look at a typical example here

EU politics is deeper than what you think it's.

It has more to do with protecting the status of London, as the financial capital of the world, than anything else. And the UK will do everything to protect the backbone of its economy.

It's about power-play and survival.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Missy89(f): 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
shymexx:

EU politics is deeper than what you think it's.

It has more to do with protecting the status of London, as the financial capital of the world, than anything else. And the UK will do everything to protect the backbone of its economy.

It's about power-play and survival.

I see

Are you pro/anti EU?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

I see

Are you pro/anti EU?

I'm not pro/anti anything. grin

What's in there for the black man? The black man has no voice anywhere, not even in Africa. So, I'd remain inconsequential as my status as a black man. #JustObserving. tongue
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Missy89(f): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
shymexx:

I'm not pro/anti anything. grin

What's in there for the black man? The black man has no voice anywhere, not even in Africa. So, I'd remain inconsequential as my status as a black man. #JustObserving. tongue

hmm . indeed
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

hmm . indeed

That's why you need to keep riding with the original black man! tongue

Are you down for the cause? grin

Shalom!
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Weah96: 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
lifeh: I have Bin playing PES 2014 and FIFA 2014.... What button do I press on ma joystick if I want Surez 2bite ma opponent.. Any Idea?? I seriously need to bite some players

Which console? On ps3, if you bring a second defender, and he happens to be Suarez, then the player on the ball becomes suya. tongue

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=20pt]I wish to watch[/size] [size=20pt]Brazil vs Netherlands[/size], [size=20pt]I can't wait[/size]

bro Nigeria vs Netherlands.. for the final
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Missy89(f): 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
shymexx:

That's why you need to keep riding with the original black man! tongue

Are you down for the cause? grin

Shalom!

lol what cause?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

lol what cause?

Lmao.

The cause to make the black man relevant again. You know no matter your status and level of education as a black man, you're just one police car away from being arrested, with handcuffs, and treated like a common criminal. Despite not committing any crime. That's the reality of the original black man...and we need black women like you to help change that grin

I'm out!!! Don't let us derail the thread. tongue

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Valentinooo: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
The moment the coach remove Dos santos from the game, I just told a friend that this man has killed this game
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Cecediva(f): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Netherland for finals
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
shymexx:
Lmao.

The cause to make the black man relevant again. You know no matter your status and level of education as a black man, you're just one police car away from being arrested, with handcuffs, and treated like a common criminal. Despite not committing any crime. That's the reality of the original black man...and we need black women like you to help change that grin

I'm out!!! Don't let us derail the thread. tongue

typical blak man sense ,but as proud black man,i don't see any albinos letting me down.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Belovedd: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Originalsly: Technically yes...it was a penalty...but if he didn't give Mexico a penalty earlier in the game for a more glaring foul why give Netherlands a penalty at a crucial point of the game for a less obvious foul? Thats not being consistent...Mexico was robbed.
I disagree with you, the ref had earlier allowed a foul on robben in the penalty box without blowing so it was already even. The Marque fouled robben so many times but he refused to go down and even wen he did, d ref allowed d game to continue.
The ref in dis game was very fair and cannot be faulted.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Baba_O:
I have been expecting this. Always try to be open minded, it was a deserved penalty, even there was a massive hacking from behind by same Marque on same Robben in the first half but was overlooked by same referee
Being open minded doesn't mean you should be ignorant to the truth.

I followed the review on Super Sports. The anchor said when Robben went down, the Six of them immediately said no penalty and were shocked the referee gave a penalty.

It was analysed and proved as a dive and no penalty. Accepting being cheated is not open mindedness but ignorance.

By the way, that water break was a clear fraud to level the ground for the Europeans. The first in World Cup history. How come no water breaks in the two matches yesterday?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: Hey,kids that refer to the netherlands as 'holland'........holland is a region/province in the netherlands and the dutch dislikes it when the whole country is referred to as 'holland'!

Got it?

#knowlege is power!

who gives a shyt.

do you say anything when the only place non Nigerians know is "Lagos" or do you say anything when they refer to Africa as a country?

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Belovedd: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Being open minded doesn't mean you should be ignorant to the truth.

I followed the review on Super Sports. The anchor said when Robben went down, the Six of them immediately said no penalty and were shocked the referee gave a penalty.

It was analysed and proved as a dive and no penalty. Accepting being cheated is not open mindedness but ignorance.

By the way, that water break was a clear fraud to level the ground for the Europeans. The first in World Cup history. How come no water breaks in the two matches yesterday?
Come on now, this your last paragraph is ridiculous, water breaks are given depending on the altitude, humidity was over 60% in today's match, hence d water breaks. Football as a sport is very different from d gladiator games that took place in Rome. DORA no want make player dehydrate abi the mexicans no drink water ni?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Belovedd:
Come on now, this your last paragraph is ridiculous, water breaks are given depending on the altitude, humidity was over 60% in today's match, hence d water breaks. Football as a sport is very different from d gladiator games that took place in Rome. DORA no want make player dehydrate abi the mexicans no drink water ni?
That is the first water break in World Cup history. It has never been done before but at a World Cup? COME ON. It was done to help the Dutch players cope.

The Dutch Coach Van Gaal proposed it Yesterday. Today it was agreed and done. Give me a break. That was fraud. A time out in football? Hilarious.

Van Gaal calls for water breaks
http://ng.soccerway.com/news/2014/June/28/van-gaal-calls-for-water-breaks/n341601/
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
Belovedd:
Has Fifa ever thought of Giving the Brazilian players who play at Brazil water breaks?

What of the match tested day between Brazil and Chile. This was done purely for the Dutch side.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
This Fifa guys must be joking. A European referee? Crazy. Here is what the Mexican Coach Miguel Herrera said.

Mexico manager Miguel Herrera was furious with both Robben and the match officials after his side exited the tournament.
“Out of the four matches here in all of them the refereeing was disastrous,” Herrera said.
“Robben did three dives and he should have been cautioned. You should caution a guy who is trying to cheat, and then if Robben did it again he would be sent off.
“And why did Fifa choose a referee from the same confederation as Holland instead of one from South America, Asia or Africa?
“The doubtful decisions were always against us. We have to say it in capital letters, in three matches we had horrible refereeing. The man with the whistle knocked us.
“I want the referee committee to take a look and that the referee goes home just like us.”

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/arjen-robben-apologises-for-diving-but-insists-penalty-appeal-was-legit/
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by BodyKiss(m): 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missy_89:

The Uruguayan team was very Ordinary without him.

Biting might be a bit over the top and probably deserves a fine but 4 months Ban? we should have the English press to thank for that
they were releasing articles every minute. and i bet their reporters were camping outside Blatter's house so as to get his response after the incident.

Given the fact that there's been series of same offence by Suarez. I say the ban is fair.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
Belovedd:
You can see what I am saying. It was a time out, not just a water break. We had a basketball time out in a World Cup.

Cooling break helped us - Van Gaal

He said: "I changed my tactics during the cooling break. Yes, it was an advantage."

http://ng.soccerway.com/news/2014/June/29/cooling-break-helped-us---van-gaal/n342809/

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by chic2pimp(m): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: [b
By the way, that water break was a clear fraud to level the ground for the Europeans. The first in World Cup history. How come no water breaks in the two matches yesterday? [/b]

FIFA'S explanation is that the temperature and humidity out there today was simply too high. The hottest day of the competition so far.

Also expect to see some more "Cooling Breaks" tomorrow in the Naija vs France match
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
chic2pimp:

FIFA'S explanation is that the temperature and humidity out there today was simply too high. The hottest day of the competition so far.

Also expect to see some more "Cooling Breaks" tomorrow in the Naija vs France match
Are they saying that is the highest temperature in footballing history? They know the Dutch can not cope in the Weather against the Mexicans, that is why they brought in this rule for the first time.

These are the same people who are taking the World Cup to Qatar which is hotter than Brazil.

The next World Cup is at Russia, what will they do for the tropical teams like Nigeria and Brazil playing in extreme cold? Blanket Breaks?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by MEILYN(m): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Originalsly: Technically yes...it was a penalty...but if he didn't give Mexico a penalty earlier in the game for a more glaring foul why give Netherlands a penalty at a crucial point of the game for a less obvious foul? Thats not being consistent...Mexico was robbed.
This is not about who deserves a penalty or not, if you wanna judge it that way then Netherlands deserved a penalty in the first half. Robben's was a clear penalty bro.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
MEILYN: This is not about who deserves a penalty or not, if you wanna judge it that way then Netherlands deserved a penalty in the first half. Robben's was a clear penalty bro.
Replay showed Robben dived. It was not a penalty.

I guess there is a reason why he is called ROBben.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by chic2pimp(m): 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Are they saying that is the highest temperature in footballing history? They know the Dutch can not cope in the Weather against the Mexicans, that is why they brought in this rule for the first time.

These are the same people who are taking the World Cup to Qatar which is hotter than Brazil.

The next World Cup is at Russia, what will they do for the tropical teams like Nigeria and Brazil playing in extreme cold? Blanket Breaks?

Not it's not. To be fair to be Fifa they've said right from the onset " Cooling breaks" will be used if required. And most definitely the hot temperature favoured Mexico reason why LVG Was banging on about this breaks in his press conference.

Will definitely be seeing loads of Cooling breaks in Qatar.

Don't think the world cup in Russia would be played in the season when the cold will be at it's harshest. Plus most footballers play in Europe nowadays so I suppose it'll be more of a level playing field.

Tbh I'm surprised about this cooling breaks too. USA 94 was actually hotter than this but then again I remember one or two teams complained about the weather being too hot.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
MEILYN: This is not about who deserves a penalty or not, if you wanna judge it that way then Netherlands deserved a penalty in the first half. Robben's was a clear penalty bro.

Three penalty appeals - which the referee does not feel are enough on their own to award a spot kick - should not add to a penalty kick but that’s what appeared to benefit Arjen Robben and Holland in Fortaleza.

Ref Pedro Proenca is used to players exaggerating and simulating in his native Portugal. He even knows Robben from Champions League matches and he appeared to be prepared to wave aside theatrical falls during the game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2674147/Referee-Pedro-Proenca-fell-Arjen-Robbens-theatrical-dive-sides-half-penalties.html

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Noneroone(m): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hell would have let loose if Brazil was given such a decisive penalty. People and their sense of judgement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

This Guy Predicted Barca & PSG Match On Facebook (Pictures) / Fans React, Eden Hazard Misses Open Goal For Real Madrid / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.