Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 (41775 Views)

Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
chic2pimp:

Not it's not. To be fair to be Fifa they've said right from the onset " Cooling breaks" will be used if required. And most definitely the hot temperature favoured Mexico reason why LVG Was banging on about this breaks in his press conference.

Will definitely be seeing loads of Cooling breaks in Qatar.

Don't think the world cup in Russia would be played in the season when the cold will be at it's harshest. Plus most footballers play in Europe nowadays so I suppose it'll be more of a level playing field.

Tbh I'm surprised about this cooling breaks too. USA 94 was actually hotter than this but then again I remember one or two teams complained about the weather being too hot.
If Van Gaal did not ask for it, these Cooling Breaks/time outs will never happen. This is not the first tropical world cup. The gap in football is closing and now the heat is starting to have more effect.

No matter the level of harshness of the weather in Russia, it will still be too harsh for the African players or Americas players.

If an African Coach like Coach Keshi asks for Heating/Coffee breaks like Van Gaal, Fifa would not sanction it.

After the Italian match against Costa Rica, six of their players were asked to do a doping test, while every other nation only has to submit two.

There is a clear European agenda here.

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by chic2pimp(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If Van Rail did not ask for it, these Cooling Breaks/time outs will never happen. This is not the first tropical world cup. The gap in football is closing and now the heat is starting to have more effect.

No matter the level of harshness of the weather in Russia, it will still be too harsh for the African players or Americas players.

If an African Coach like Coach Keshi asks for Heating/Coffee breaks like Van Gaal, Fifa would not sanction it.

After the Italian match against Costa Rica, six of their players were asked to do a doping test, while every other nation only has to submit two.

There is a clear European agenda here.
Less attention would have been paid to it most definitely if the coach did not bang on about it. You have to give Van Gaal his dues though. He made sure his team were not disadvantaged.

Fifa would have no other choice if the Africans and South Americans unite and ask for it. As I said before the argument that most Africans and South Americans now play in Europe could be used.

Not sure if there's an European agenda tbh. The fact that they have 12 teams as opposed to five from Africa and 4 from south America(6 in this due to host Brazil and the other having qualified through a playoff) is enough
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
chic2pimp:
Less attention would have been paid to it most definitely if the coach did not bang on about it. You have to give Van Gaal his dues though. He made sure his team were not disadvantaged.

Fifa would have no other choice if the Africans and South Americans unite and ask for it. As I said before the argument that most Africans and South Americans now play in Europe could be used.

Not sure if there's an European agenda tbh. The fact that they have 12 teams as opposed to five from Africa and 4 from south America(6 in this due to host Brazil and the other having qualified through a playoff) is enough
Africans and The Americas need to unite to get a decision. Van Gaal only needs a press conference. It shows there is a strong inclination of Fifa to the Europeans. If not why test Six Costa Rican players?

Why a European Referee today? A clear penalty with I think Herrera's head kicked in the box was waved off. That match's corruption stinks till Naija. I smell it.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 12:28am On Jun 30, 2014
I was telling a friend that the cooling break was a fraud by FIFA to favour Europeans,and the guy told me that my anti european and pro black agenda is getting too extreme.

Thank God someone else noticed this fraud too,it only takes a politically sound mind to see the fraud there.

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:28am On Jun 30, 2014
Amazing article, a must read. Mods front page abeg.

Keshi Plz Note!!! Nigeria Is The Perfect Opponent For France - Sports Analyst

https://www.nairaland.com/1792404/keshi-plz-note-nigeria-perfect
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Amhappy(f): 12:40am On Jun 30, 2014
Congrats to the oranje but I hope a diver will not be awarded a spot kick 90+3 mins against Nigeria tomorrow. The game should be fair play ooo.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by jookco(m): 2:52am On Jun 30, 2014
DamiG: GOAL!!!!!!!

HOLLAND 2 -MEXICO 1
I TOLD YALL DUTCH GONNA WIN THIS SHIIT!!!!!cheesy
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by sethken: 4:53am On Jun 30, 2014
tonididdy: nor b PK?

The referee in this match favored Mexico if you ask me. He disallowed two penalties in the first half in favor of Mexico. The Mexican defender should have allowed Robben to dribble his way into oblivion. He was already covered by two Mexican defenders.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
I agree with the Mexican coach regarding the background of the referee..that made no sense

thegoodjoehunt: Are they saying that is the highest temperature in footballing history?

you say this like they play in the same country every 4 years..they will most likely do something like that or even more for Qutar
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
sethken:

The referee in this match favored Mexico if you ask me. He disallowed two penalties in the first half in favor of Mexico. The Mexican defender should have allowed Robben to dribble his way into oblivion. He was already covered by two Mexican defenders.
Even ROBben confessed to diving. He only denies the last one which the replays show he did dive.

Do you remember the high foot which contacted the Mexican player in the box? There is no excuse for the referee not given the penalty. Sorry to say it, that match stinks of corruption.
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
ThiefOfHearts: I agree with the Mexican coach regarding the background of the referee..that made no sense

you say this like they play in the same country every 4 years..they will most likely do something like that or even more for Qutar
We have had World Cups in Argentina, Mexico, Brazil etc. The Europeans have never been successful in these regions. This is due to them not being able to play in these conditions.

Now they come up with the Cooling breaks. I repeat, Football is a game of 2 forty five minutes of uninterrupted play unless and injury or foul occurs. The only reason the Cooling break is brought in is to help the Europeans. Not Africans or teams from the America region.

Fifa just bent the rules to fit the Europeans. They will certainly come up with tricks in Qatar but is to favor the Europeans.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: Oh the silent treatment undecided
Am calling our family councilor now.. angry
Hmmmm...drama king:x
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: Hmmmm...drama king:x
. [size=20pt]Nigeria Lost grin[/size]

My prediction was right cheesy ,,what do you have to say now?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: . [size=20pt]Nigeria Lost grin[/size]

My prediction was right cheesy ,,what do you have to say now?
It was God's wish....dey didnt raise deir game up
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: It was God's wish....dey didnt raise deir game up
grin but I thought you believed in miracles?
Haha
The Super Eagles never fails to disappoint....
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: grin but I thought you believed in miracles?
Haha
The Super Eagles never fails to disappoint....
Na u sabi.... I still believe in miracles till eternity. U can't play badly n expect a gud result .... In a nut shell Heaven helps those,who help dem selves...
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: Na u sabi.... I still believe in miracles till eternity. U can't play badly n expect a gud result .... In a nut shell Heaven helps those,who help dem selves...
Exavtly.. smiley

Before today we all knew Nigeria had no chance.. smiley
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: Exavtly.. smiley

Before today we all knew Nigeria had no chance.. smiley
ur own opinion ... Well its okay nw...we re out.... So case closed... Sooo long
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: ur own opinion ... Well its okay nw...we re out.... So case closed... Sooo long
ok before you go,,admit I was right all along smiley
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: ok before you go,,admit I was right all along smiley
wat diff does it mk??will it bring bk our GalsLet me be ooo
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: wat diff does it mk??will it bring bk our GalsLet me be ooo
it will make a huge difference,,,and it won't bring back our girls but it did #Bring Back our Super Eagles Boys grin ,
Ok just admit it na..
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: it will make a huge difference,,,and it won't bring back our girls but it did #Bring Back our Super Eagles Boys grin ,
Ok just admit it na..
Abegiiii.. .. Na ur bad blood cause am sef....so i wont admit any tin... Ur so unpatriotic...plz find another country to call ur own...
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: Abegiiii.. .. Na ur bad blood cause am sef....so i wont admit any tin... Ur so unpatriotic...plz find another country to call ur own...
Ok since you're patriotic,what did your beloved Super Eagles do other than disappoint you? Huh
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: Ok since you're patriotic,what did your beloved Super Eagles do other than disappoint you? Huh
e concern u... Get off my bk jare...
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: e concern u... Get off my bk jare...
grin grin grin
I don win grin,,,,
No defence from you again? Lol,it seems I broke you smiley
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: grin grin grin
I don win grin,,,,
No defence from you again? Lol,it seems I broke you smiley
Wateva....
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: Wateva....
ok Nneka love,,hope you aint angry with me?
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: ok Nneka love,,hope you aint angry with me?
wat if i am
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: wat if i am
That will make me sad sad ,
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: That will make me sad sad ,
I want u to be sad ooo..
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Guykhena(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
nnekamezor: I want u to be sad ooo..
which good wife likes seeing her hubby sad cry
Re: Netherlands Vs Mexico - World Cup (2 - 1) On 29th June 2014 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Guykhena: which good wife likes seeing her hubby sad cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator / This Guy Predicted Barca & PSG Match On Facebook (Pictures) / Fans React, Eden Hazard Misses Open Goal For Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.