Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Restless...story Of A Survivor. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Restless...story Of A Survivor. (55152 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Story Of A Cancer Survivor (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 9:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Auntie Caro? Seriously? This life sha

Btw.. Thank you Dom for remembering us, nice updates as usual. #hugs#
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2014
Auntie Caro? Seriously? And she hasn't change o, still d same useless person.

Btw.. Thank you Dom for remembering us, nice updates as usual. #hugs#

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by rofemiguwa(f): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2014
Caro chai! Chai! See your life. Dom! U da man joor!.
Tank you please feed us more
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Looking for caro heba,show me caro.naso life b o.well done DOM,kip it coming
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Aunty Carol!

Before she could get used to the lighting in Chinedu's Office, I got up and walked briskly into the convenience, I closed the door and leaned on it. Did she recognize me? I doubted.

With my back against the closed door I tried to control my heart beat for it was racing. I took in several deep breaths as I cringed to eaves drop at the discussing going on inside the Office

Carol: Oga good morning sir (no response)

Carol: Oga I am greeting you sir! I said good morning!

Chinedu: what is good about the morning young Lady? I say what is good about the morning that I cannot have decorum in my business because of you?

Carol: Ha! Oga what did I do sir?

Chinedu: you have the guts to stand before me to ask such a silly question? You surely have got some nerve carol or whatever they call you! Look down there! Who is that sprawled on the floor?...(Silence)

Chinedu: oh! You have suddenly gone deaf or what? I say who is that man on the floor and what happened to him?

Carol: Sir, its Jumbo sir, he is drunk sir.

Chinedu: He is drunk as you said! This man is dead drunk! (Bangs his hands on the table) have I not warned you severally to stop selling alcohol to my Drivers on duty? Yes or no?

Carol: yes! Yes sir! But I can explain sir.

Chinedu: Are you mad this Caroline? What do you want to explain? That he is not drunk? Or that he did not get the alcohol from your joint?

Carol: Oga, jumbo came to my Shop this morning and requested for a mixture for waist pain and fever, I served him two shots only which he paid for, but other drivers that came in from Onitsha this morning came and started buying shots and they bought for him and before I knew it, Oga Musa came and dragged him to your Office. I am sorry sir, he said he was having fever and waist pain, that was why I gave him two shots, I am so sorry.

Chinedu: please don't kneel for me, I am not moved by your tears! So you are now a Doctor abi? You now recommend drugs for waist pain and Fever abi? Well no problem, thank God your rent has expired since December last year and you are yet to renew it this year. You will pack out of my Shop and go look for a befitting place to practice your medicine, this place is a private Motor Park, not a trado-medical hospital. When you rented my Shop, you said you would be selling Provisions, I never knew you would now specialize in treating waist pain! I will call my agent to serve you a quit notice tomorrow!

Carol: Ha! Oga Please o! (Crying) please have pity on me sir, it will never happen again sir.

Chinedu: you can leave my office now! (The office door opened) Musa! Musa!

Carol: Oga please nah! Have pity on a poor Orphan o! Oga, this is all I have o! I don't have any relations; my Father and Mother are dead o! This business is the only thing my Mother left for me before she died o! (wailing seriously)

Musa: Oga wetin make I do sir? Make I carry jumbo commot? Or make I carry Lady carol commot for your Office?

Carol: Haba! Oga Musa! Du Allah, du Allah kaji kwo? (begs in Hausa language)sir! Please I beg you in the name of God. If you know how it feels to be an Orphan, you will pity me!

Musa: kai! Lady Carol,why you de cry mana? Oga wetin I go do now?

Chinedu: Just carry Jumbo to the Drivers Lodge and lay him on a bed there.

Musa: Okay Oga! Kai! Stand up! Stupid drunkard! Walahi talai! Oga, Jumbo don piss for body fa! See water every where? Haba mana! How I go take carry am now wey piss no go touch my body? How my body go dey smell of another man piss? Kai! Oga, I beg make I go call hin Conductor to help me carry am, na hin Conductor go carry am, no be me. (Office door shuts)

I was smiling in my enclosure; jumbo had actually urinated as he lay sprawled in Chinedu's Office. I heard Chinedu's voice again.

Chinedu: Doctor, can you see what your patient has done to himself? Well let me tell you what you do not know about me, I lost my Parent at the age of Six! Both of them! I have been through hell in my short stay on this earth, so if you are using the fact that you are an Orphan to blackmail me, then you are pulling the wrong strings.

Carol: Oga your own is different nah! At least your Parent was very rich, they left a Company like this for you, my Parent was wretched! They could not even see me through Primary School! My other siblings died of starvation and hunger because the petty shop my Mother left for us could not sustain us. Oga I have suffered in this world! Please do not send me packing I beg you, I will collect a thrift loan by end of month, with that I intend to pay up my rent, your agent is aware of that sir please I am on my knees!

I have heard enough lies and fallacy, I opened the door gently and walked slowly towards her, looking straight into her eyes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Carol Carol. Nemesis's now in ur domain.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Omo c gobe o.thanks for the update Dom
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Jeanfortune(f): 3:04am On Jul 31, 2014
ehen!! "looked straight into her eyes", and then what happened next, o Mr. Dom, please finish this thing, just too impatient to watch Derby finish this stupid Carol for me
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2014
The suspense is too much nao .. Hands crossed waiting patiently for the next update ..,

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
stopped within five feet from her, she stared like she had seen a ghost: eyes wide open with trembling lips, Deborah! She managed to call out as she drew a chair to lean on for support.

I clapped my hands a couple of times and said: My dear big sister! Aunty carol! Wonders shall never seize! So we meet again in this life? You now sell Ogogoro at a Motor park? A whole you?

So your Parent was wretched? They couldn't even see you through primary School? Oh what a pity? You must have been through hell in this life, what a shame?

What is happening here Aunty Derby? Chinedu asked me: do you know each other from somewhere?

Jesus Christ! Aunty carol, you are a devil! I spat out: Mum and dad will recoil with pain in their graves at the lies you just heaped upon them! Don't you have respect for the dead? Have you no conscience at all?

Chinedu left his seat and came between the two of us demanding: what is happening here Aunty Derby? Talk to me! Please do not tell me it is what I am thinking! Please!

This lady here! I said: pointing at my Sister is your father's first daughter! She is our eldest Sister Aunty Caroline! Aunty Carol turned towards Chinedu and she gradually went down pulling the chair with her.

Musa came into the Office with a young Lad supposed to be the Conductor to Jumbo's Bus and saw two persons sprawled on the floor.

Haba Oga! He said: this one don drink too? Na wetin Lady Carol de do for ground mana? He asked no one in particular.

Musa! Just carry Jumbo alone and leave this one here, Chinedu said and he proceeded to bring out cold bottled water from the mini refrigerator in his office and started to sprinkle on Aunty Carol. I cannot believe what is happening Aunty Derby, he said: so this tenant of mine of two years is my elder Sister? Oga you say wetin? Musa interjected: Lady Carol is my elder Sister, Musa! She is our first born actually; Aunty Derby just recognized her now!

Lailai inla lai! Musa shouted, how manage Oga? Who go believe that kain story? My Brother, Chinedu said, if no be my Sister her wey talk am, me too I no go believe am. Oga I de come, musa said as he assisted in carrying out Jumbo out of the Office.

Aunty Carol stirred and gradually came back to consciousness, I stood aside and watched Chinedu took care of her until she became stable.

She called me: Deborah! Deborah! Am I dreaming?

You are not dreaming! Chinedu interjected; is this really our own Chinedu? Is this junior? She asked.

Yes! I said nodding my head. This is your favorite little Boy of yesterday. The Junior you carried about on your back as if he was yours, the little Boy you bathed and clothed yesterday. This is your baby Boy of yesterday! I said with anger.

Aunty Caroline wept, she wept  bitterly, she knelt before Chinedu, holding tight onto his limb and wept begging for forgiveness, Chinedu wept too like a baby who had been starved of  the mother's breast too long.

I thought I would not cry but when she came and knelt before me crying and begging, I could not but break down in tears.

Some of Chinedu's staff came in and left hurriedly after seeing the Crying trio, soon a little crowd was gathered at the front of Chinedu's office.

The door was pushed open and some of them stood at the door simply to witness what was happening in the office.

There was a struggle outside the office as people wanted to get a glimpse of the scenario inside.

Deborah! Junior! Aunty called as she stood up : Today I know that there is God! The God of the Orphans, the God of the less privileged, the God of the down trodden!

You do not need to be angry with me Deborah! Not at all! Can't you see what has become of me?  Is this not enough punishment for me? Your God has fought for you and has won the battle for you.
I lost the battle at every end, I thought I was wise, I wanted to act like I was in charge, I despised you because I saw you as a rebel, but every evil I did to you, I received double.

The beating Lawal gave you was a child's play compared to what he did to me, as I stand before you here, I have metal plates supporting my femur bone, I have metal plate  supporting my Ulna bone, and the four teeth in front of my mouth are artificial! She reached for her mouth and removed the entire front teeth, my heart sank.

As I stand before you here I do not have a womb anymore! Lawal beat me up in pregnancy and my womb was damaged along with the fetus therein.

By this time the office was full of people and musa was having a hard time pushing them out. Junior, I am so sorry I lied to you, I am sorry for saying all those lies against our parent, but I only lied so as to survive!

This Shop I manage is all I have in this life! I sleep in this Shop! I bath outside the Shop very early in the morning before activities starts at the park, this shop is all that I have in this life and I will tell the crudest of lie to protect it.
I know I am a loser but I am not afraid to admit it because that is a fact I cannot dispute, or is it not obvious? How else can God humiliate one other than the way I have been humiliated today?

There was an intense struggle outside as someone was forcing himself inside the office calling on Chinedu's name. Mr. Chinedu and Madam Joana came in through the crowed looking more confused and scared.

What is happening here? He asked no one in particular, he looked at our teary faces and gazed curiously at Aunty Carol. Is this not Caroline? Where the hell did you erupt from and what happened to your mouth? Where are your teeth? Musa! Wetin dey happen here?
Musa explained everything to Mr Chinedu while we started another round of crying festival.

Aunty Carol went to kneel before Madam Joana and her husband. Daddy and Mummy, please find it in your hearts to forgive me, I am not worthy to be pitied because I really bite your fingers while you fed me. I am really sorry. I have learnt my lesson in this life and I have really learnt it in a bitter way. Please forgive me for the sake of your friendship with my parent.

Madam Joana pulled her close, hugged her and cried like a mother would for a repentant Child.

Well, said Mr. Chinedu: we thank God for a day like this, what goes around, they say comes around. I would say, today! Nemesis has caught up with Caroline! Imagine the firstborn of a family selling ogogoro in the premises of a Company owned by the last born of the same family, so weird! This is another story like that of the Biblical Prodigal Son.
Well everyone can go now please! Musa please send everyone back to their Shops and shut the door: Musa did as he was told.

We went home that night with Aunty Carol and met with the rest of the family, you can imagine the crying session that took place again when she met with Tochi , Amara and Silvia. She also saw Paul and we gave her the update on Pauline

. She wept for Pauline and blamed herself for everything that has happened to the Family since the death of our parent. I called AY that night and told him everything that transpired during the day. He was glad that she seemed repentant; he advised that we help her out of her predicament but should not be in the same house with us. I discussed the opening of Derby Plaza by February with Ay and my intention to start relocating from the Stadium to the new site but he discouraged me, he said the stadium office will still be maintained as a branch office while the new site would be our head office. He also expressed his desire to have a part of the new building for his private medical practice; he said the idea just came to him in Liberia. I loved the idea of having him close to me.

Chinedu and I decided to employ her as a manager at Derby' Supermarket, we placed her on a good salary and rented a two room apartment for her at Obiagwu. Not too far from my house.

Junior decided to build a house for himself at New Haven district in which he wants to move in with Paul. He believes Paul is our Son, my Father's Son. He had become a man now and desires a degree of freedom. What I admired most about Junior was the "Father" in him, even at his age.

2 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Thank you for the updata DOM,nice one keep it up
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
Good gracious. Dt was emotional. I jez hope she's repentant for real.

Thumbs up DOM
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
Good evening
seunviju: Thank you for the updata DOM,nice one keep it up
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
Unibenstudent: Good evening
evening sir,hope you are doing good?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
Howx,church preparation
seunviju: evening sir,hope you are doing good?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 12:28am On Aug 03, 2014
Dom dis update is touching.... so finally Aunty Carol is back..... well all d best to dem
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by swtangeljones(f): 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wow! Am so much trailed with dis story. And I wud say dis is d best story I av read thus far....thumbs up to u! May God gv u more wisdom, knowledge n understanding u r blessed. I so much learn a lot frm dis story!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Yep, how was church
seunviju: evening sir,hope you are doing good?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Unibenstudent: Yep, how was church
not bad o
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ehen, u mean it,the anointing was moving,choi,
seunviju: not bad o
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dom,Dom,Dom how many times I call you?where art thou
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
Unibenstudent: Ehen, u mean it,the anointing was moving,choi,
I sent u a mail,hope u got that?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 6:35am On Aug 12, 2014
The story that touches the heart .
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dom where are u @ o.come and update o b4 I vex.Hope all is well?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dom pls where are you o, please come n update.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by onosj(f): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Oga dom no updated, hope u're ok.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by star003: 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
very interesting piece... i hope you plan to publish this story... patiently waiting for more....
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
My Peeps! i beg make una no vex with me. i hope to be on leave in two weeks. Then i will conclude this story, i am discussing with agents at Amazon as rergards publishing ( I hope it is worth publishing?) once on leave i will conclude the story. if i venture to write something now, it may not have the FEEL that will thrill. Thank you all for your interest and time. God bless you all and may EBOLA not know your domain o!

2 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE: My Peeps! i beg make una no vex with me. i hope to be on leave in two weeks. Then i will conclude this story, i am discussing with agents at Amazon as rergards publishing ( I hope it is worth publishing?) once on leave i will conclude the story. if i venture to write something now, it may not have the FEEL that will thrill. Thank you all for your interest and time. God bless you all and may EBOLA not know your domain o!
take your time and God bless u too , Ebola will not know your domain too oo .. cheesy
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Bhummieluv(f): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=DOMAWOLEYE]My Peeps! i beg make una no vex with me. i hope to be on leave in two weeks. Then i will conclude this story, i am discussing with agents at Amazon as rergards publishing ( I hope it is worth publishing?) once on leave i will conclude the story. if i venture to write something now, it may not have the FEEL that will thrill. Thank you all for your interest and time. God bless you all and may EBOLA not know your domain o![/quotea]
Amen.Nyc story,nyc work,keep it up..
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 5:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Hmmm....
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
I just hope all is well o Dom?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Nairaland Detection Club / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.