Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,995 members, 7,849,001 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (482561 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 7:40am On Jun 05, 2015
Again, I ask: what is special about Germany? Are they better than Argentina? Would they have qualified in Ghana's group? Cmon, give me the best and let's see how it pans out.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 7:43am On Jun 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Which one is VIV again? And lady, this is U20 & nt like U17. I understand d fears of those that are afraid of Germany. Have u seen d German team play?They play with so much maturity and precision.
They came to this tourney, jst like the Brazilians also with young professionals. 70% of the Nigerian team has nt even started playing professional football. Most are academy players. Things like these count especially at d crucial stages.That's y i have been quite conservative with my expectation from our team.
Good enough a good no of them are17-18 yrs olds which maked dem legible to play in d next WYC hopefully then they would have become full professionals.

Can u c dat Success is a step ahead of the others? He has been a full prpfessional for well over 18months.

What you have done here is called selective argument. Are Argentine players not young professionals? Whereas, most of Ghanaian's players are from academies. Yet, the Academy boys dusted the young professionals and sent them packing. Football is not mathematics. We could avoid Germany and meet Ukraine and still be beaten. There are no guarantees in football.

I say we face the best and see what happens.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2015
AIG07:
argentina argentina argentina...they were once tipped to be d favourite. So football isn't play on papers.
abi na!! the punters favorite is out.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by wordychap: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2015
Modified
Seems Nigeria needs at least a draw to qualify
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by FavourCintosis(m): 7:48am On Jun 05, 2015
Germany germany germany! Abeg make we hear word here!,one of u guys favourite is on the plane back 2 argentina!,u guys are just afraid of germany bc of the name cuz u won't tell me u are afraid of dem on d basis of wot they hav played. For Gods sake we would have won fiji,uzbekistan nd Honduras convincingly too!..what's the noise about?..mind u,we lost 2 brazil nt bc we are nt a good team,4 me,it wz bc of the keepers blunder. Without d last two goals it would hav been draw. Well in phynos voice*koba cock n bull its ur right* undecided
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 7:50am On Jun 05, 2015
LeeCodeman:
Again, I ask: what is special about Germany? Are they better than Argentina? Would they have qualified in Ghana's group? Cmon, give me the best and let's see how it pans out.
Are they better than Argentina? YES YES and YES.
this argentina team is shitty, tehy are very poor and you can 't compare them with germany. Who ever we meet in the round of 16 should be ready for sweet bashing from our boys
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by wordychap: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2015
mackfame:
For those clamouring for a draw, yes it will be nice to avoid Germany but i doubt Manu will come out for draw because he wants to win every match in this tournament. More so a strategy to have a draw can affect us (what if Hungary pulls a last min shocker and we lose?). I say we come all out for a win and at worse settle for a draw.
Even if wee lose, mathematically we've qualified with d 3 points.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:00am On Jun 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Which one is VIV again? And lady, this is U20 & nt like U17. I understand d fears of those that are afraid of Germany. Have u seen d German team play?They play with so much maturity and precision.
They came to this tourney, jst like the Brazilians also with young professionals. 70% of the Nigerian team has nt even started playing professional football. Most are academy players. Things like these count especially at d crucial stages.That's y i have been quite conservative with my expectation from our team.
Good enough a good no of them are17-18 yrs olds which maked dem legible to play in d next WYC hopefully then they would have become full professionals.

Can u c dat Success is a step ahead of the others? He has been a full prpfessional for well over 18months.
it was a typo. Meant CIV. After all your talk, the only point you want to make here is that "Success is a full professional" well, so are Sokari, Moses and Godwin, no be only am waka come. But your point is fully noted. Good morning
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2015
wordychap:

Even if wee lose, mathematically we've qualified with d 3 points.

Agreed but we need a win. A win will boost their courage and Manu will opt for a win rather for a draw.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2015
FavourCintosis:
Germany germany germany! Abeg make we hear word here!,one of u guys favourite is on the plane back 2 argentina!,u guys are just afraid of germany bc of the name cuz u won't tell me u are afraid of dem on d basis of wot they hav played. For Gods sake we would have won fiji,uzbekistan nd Honduras convincingly too!..what's the noise about?..mind u,we lost 2 brazil nt bc we are nt a good team,4 me,it wz bc of the keepers blunder. Without d last two goals it would hav been draw. Well in phynos voice*koba cock n bull its ur right* undecided
nobody is on a plane apart from Qatar, Korea, Myanmar and Honduras. Argentina has a point and if they can win Austria, they qualify as one of the best 3rd places at least. No favourite is out yet
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Samuel Tetteh: Compared to Zidane, inspired by Neymar[/size]

Any talent scouts sitting in the stands at Wellington’s Regional Stadium after Ghana's match against Argentina on 2 June would have been searching in vain for detailed information on Samuel Tetteh. After all, the Ghana winger only appeared briefly in African qualifying as a substitute.

Yet despite his lack of previous international exposure, Tetteh's has been the name on everyone’s lips since his impressive performance against La Albiceleste. The 18-year-old shone thanks to incredible levels of pace that enabled him to tear away from the South American defence. There appeared to be no way of stopping a player who was faster than his opponents even with the ball at his feet.

“His energy and ball skills combined make him a very dangerous adversary for any team,” a delighted Sellas Tetteh – no relation to the country’s breakthrough star – told FIFA.com. The youngster’s display was so sensational that the Ghana coach even made an exception to his usual unwavering focus on collective effort.

“The coach named me the man of the match in the dressing room in front of the whole squad,” the proud matchwinner told us, smiling widely and casting several shy, modest glances towards the floor. Anyone meeting the Black Satellites’ young winger off the pitch would have no inkling of his immense explosive power and athleticism at first glance. In fact, he is of fairly slender build and does not appear as powerful as his team-mates, including younger brother Benjamin, who also scored against Argentina and towers a full 31cm over his sibling. But as soon as he accelerates for the first time, little other than a foul can stop him.

There’s no better stage than the U-20 World Cup for presenting yourself and generating interest.

Samuel Tetteh

“Yes, I’m very quick,” laughed Tetteh, “but I’m not the fastest in our team.” “He’s right,” confirmed his coach. “Our left-back Patrick Asmah is a little faster still, but he isn’t quite as technically adept as Samuel.” The 18-year-old's dexterity on the ball is probably one of the reasons why he is known as ‘Zidane’ within the Ghana camp. “Samuel has been trained as a central midfielder, which makes it so easy for us to put him out on the wings,” explained the team boss. “He hardly ever loses a ball and is very unpredictable for his opponents.”

Yet despite his nickname, it comes as no surprise to discover that this rising star’s role model is Brazil’s Neymar, as the two already have very similar playing styles and are of comparable physical stature. Tetteh still plays in Africa for the West African Football Academy, founded in the Netherlands by Feyenoord, who continue to collaborate with their African counterparts. Naturally the dream of this particular Black Satellite is to play in Europe one day. “Yes, that’s my main goal,” he confirmed. “I’ll do anything to achieve that and work as hard as I can. I think I’m on the right track, and there’s certainly no better stage than the U-20 World Cup for presenting yourself and generating interest.”

When we asked coach Tetteh whether he could have expected such an explosion in performance from his 18-year-old prodigy, he replied: “Now, there’s no doubt that I know what Samuel can do and is capable of achieving, but it’s true that he was a little inconspicuous before this World Cup. The focus was probably more on players like Yaw Yeboah (the team captain, currently under contract at Manchester City), his brother (Benjamin Tetteh) or Clifford Aboagye (who won the adidas Bronze Ball at the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2013). He certainly stole the show a little today.”

The main event is only just getting started if Samuel Tetteh has his way. “After drawing with Austria we got together to analyse our mistakes in detail,” the youngster explained. “We’ve acclimatised and settled into our game now. The atmosphere is amazing and we’re very optimistic. Now we want to march all the way through to the final.”

Although Tetteh might not be calling the tune just yet, there is no doubt that he has now played his way into the spotlight. [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2015
LeeCodeman:

What you have done here is called selective argument. Are Argentine players not young professionals? Whereas, most of Ghanaian's players are from academies. Yet, the Academy boys dusted the young professionals and sent them packing. Football is not mathematics. We could avoid Germany and meet Ukraine and still be beaten. There are not guarantees in football.

I say we face the best and see what happens.

I am sure u have been in this game long enough to know dat exposure and experience counts in football. Argentina are out probably bc d team lack quality. Is it nt d same team dat Tahiti beat 3-1?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 8:07am On Jun 05, 2015
safarigirl:
nobody is on a plane apart from Qatar, Korea, Myanmar and Honduras. Argentina has a point and if they can win Austria, they qualify as one of the best 3rd places at least. No favourite is out yet

the game btw Austria and Argentina ended a goalless draw smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2015
safarigirl:
argentina is out already. They've played their last group game today. They finished with 1 loss and 2 okro soup
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2015
Badosqi:

Are they better than Argentina? YES YES and YES.
this argentina team is shitty, tehy are very poor and you can 't compare them with germany. Who ever we meet in the round of 16 should be ready for sweet bashing from our boys

Chief, what makes you sure Germany would have beaten Ghana and Austria? Mind you, Argentina with these same players won the U20 South American Championship. Brazil, Uruguay, Columbia were there. Argentina is the biggest name in the U20 World Cup owing to their dominance over the years. You dont analyse football that way, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2015
mackfame:

the game btw Austria and Argentina ended a goalless draw smiley
oh, they've played. Eyah, poor Argies. So Correa goes. Whew! Ain't no Messi or Argies in our way this year. One down, 2 to go grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:15am On Jun 05, 2015
joseph1013:

Chief, what makes you sure Germany would have beaten Ghana and Austria? Mind you, Argentina with these same players won the U20 South American Championship. Brazil, Uruguay, Columbia were there. Argentina is the biggest name in the U20 World Cup owing to their dominance over the years. You dont analyse football that way, bro.
the European contingent is strong this year- Germany, Portugal, Austria, Serbia and Hungary.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2015
safarigirl:
oh, they've played. Eyah, poor Argies. So Correa goes. Whew! Ain't no Messi or Argies in our way this year. One down, 2 to go grin

Exactly! just as you have mentioned earlier "it's a chess game" smiley Correa say hello to Batistuta and Caniggia on your way back home tongue

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2015
safarigirl:
the European contingent is strong this year- Germany, Portugal, Austria, Serbia and Hungary.

I dont think STRONG can be determined that way. The really strong teams int he underage competitions in Europe over the years are Germany, Portugal, Holland, France, and Spain. Just two are represented here.

Some will argue that the South American contigents are strong too. The biggest names are here: Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Columbia. These four have an outstanding record of churning out fantsatic players in this competition. Aguero, Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Suarez, Forlan, James Rodriguez.

I think the best African teams have represented us as well, except maybe CIV.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2015
Icon4s:

I am sure u have been in this game long enough to know dat exposure and experience counts in football. Argentina are out probably bc d team lack quality. Is it nt d same team dat Tahiti beat 3-1?

Again, that's been selective. How about you talk about this Argentine team beating San Lorenzo who regularly represent Argentina in the South American championships? How about you say they defeated Brazil who defeated us? How about you say they have at least three players that world class pundits have predicted would explode in this World Cup? It's all selective. The reason you say they are shit-ty is because they are out. The same thing alot of people would have said about Germany if they went out in the group stages.

Nothing is guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:54am On Jun 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Austria progress, Argentina face anxious wait[/size]

Argentina's hopes of making it into the FIFA U-20 World Cup last 16 are alive after a 0-0 draw with the now qualified Austria, but sitting on two points in Group B leaves them on the edge of the abyss, waiting on results elsewhere.

The pre-tournament favourites threw all they could at a red sea of defenders separating them from their target of a top two place in the group. The Europeans stood strong to qualify in second and book a trip to Whangarei in the Round of 16.

While the onus was on Argentina to take the game to Austria it was in fact the Europeans who started on the front foot, with Andreas Gruber testing Augusto Batalla inside the first minute, then laying on for Valentin Grubeck to volley just wide. This shaky start seemed to focus the minds of Humberto Grondona's men, who clicked into gear moments later.

As has been the case for much of the tournament, Angel Correa was the instigator as the South American champions pressed forward. He drove into the box to feed Nicolas Tripichio, but his goal-bound shot was blocked by, of all people, star striker Giovanni Simeone. The captain himself was next to go close, forcing Tino Casali into a save.

Simeone thought he had atoned for his previous mistake, but his neat turn and shot was ruled out for offside before he blotted his copybook once again as he missed the chance of the half. Inside the area he forced Casali into a smart stop, but when the ball fell back at his feet he should have converted rather than shooting narrowly wide.

Substitute Alejandro Romero, Leonardo Rolon and Correra all had efforts early on after the break, but a mixture of wayward shooting and a supreme display from Casali saw them come up short. The moment that summed up the keeper's nights, and Argentina's too, was when he superbly denied Tomas Martinez before making it a tremendous double save as Correa looked to score the follow-up.

Ultimately Argentina just couldn't find a way through the ten-man wall of Austrians standing between them and a certain place in the last 16. With two points to their name, they face a nervous wait to see if they can scrape through by the slenderest of margins. [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2015
Ghana had a crappy first game but have got their groove now... We should not judge Nigeria by the first game. This team is not even yet playing to its potential..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2015
The best 3rd placed teams for now are Nigeria, Mexico, Fiji and Argentina, they have to pray Myanmar and NZ ends in a draw and neither of Senegal and Qatar wins either for them to progress. That's a shitty wait undecided
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:03am On Jun 05, 2015
joseph1013:

I dont think STRONG can be determined that way. The really strong teams int he underage competitions in Europe over the years are Germany, Portugal, Holland, France, and Spain. Just two are represented here.

Some will argue that the South American contigents are strong too. The biggest names are here: Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Columbia. These four have an outstanding record of churning out fantsatic players in this competition. Aguero, Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Suarez, Forlan, James Rodriguez.

I think the best African teams have represented us as well, except maybe CIV.
Senegal is the weak link here. Anyway, if we're able to get a win against Hungary, then we should be able to glide past Germany. Nigeria vs. Germany will probably be the R16 Match to watch grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2015
The worst thing a team can do is go to a game with the aim to draw. That is a sure recipe to lose

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Three Things Learned from Nigeria vs Korea game[/size]

The Flying Eagles bounced back from their 4-2 defeat against Brazil on Monday to post an impressive victory over Korea DPR on Thursday in their second Group E game of the 2015 U20 World Cup.

Completesportsnigeria.com's IZUCHUKWU OKOSI here brings you the three things he learned from the game.

1. Flying Eagles Lack Rhythm Without Iheanacho, Yahaya.

Coach Manu Garba seemed to have listened to Nigerian football faithful who were not impressed by the performances of the duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Musa Yahaya in the team's 4-2 reverse against Brazil on Monday.
The former Gombe United coach dropped the creative stars in preference for Bernard Bulbwa and Godwin Saviour.

The effect was that the team lacked the cutting edge to break down the Koreans in the first half due to the lack of a creative hub for the team.

Saviour indeed scored two goals in the second half but coach Manu Garba could have got more from his team if either Iheanacho or Yahaya had started the game-to operate from the flanks at least.

2. Defence Still Suspect

The Flying Eagles may not have conceded on Thursday but there is still cause for concern for the Eagles backline as the Koreans still made incursions into their vital area.

The Koreans targeted the full backs who always bombed forward thereby leaving spaces for the Asians to exploit.

The central defensive pair of Wilfred Ndidi and Zaharadeen Bello are astute at their game but there are still rough edges noticed. They are still guilty of the occasional absent-mindedness and that is something the coaches must work on.

3. Sokari Can be Leader of the Team

Enyimba midfielder Kingsley Sokari was instrumental in the team's victory on Thursday. The skilful Sokari made key passes for his attacking teammates and capped his performances with a powerful screamer that made the score stand at 3-0.

Sokari was a joy to watch against Korea DPR and could be the jigsaw in the midfield that will see Nigeria advance to the latter stages of the tournament.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 05, 2015
Are we parading a mediocre Team? If we are..... then we honorably don't deserve the Cup!!!
What's the essence of becoming the Champions if we are so scared of facing a particular Team?
I prefer the Boys facing and losing honorably to the German Team than avoiding them by playing below their standard against the Hungarians.
To be a Champion, you must be brave and fearless to successfully whither any challenge (obstacle) that might tend to slow you down or crush you off the lane!
If genuinely we believe in the Team's potentials as we are claiming, then we should stop demoralizing the Lads.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2015
mikron:
SOKARI: the midfield maestro but i call u the midfield lubricator, like engine oil u lubricate the midfield. enyimba wont be able to keep u after this tournament cos u will be on ur way to bigger clubs in europe. the commentator was so full of praise for this lad, the sky is ur starting point cheesy

i ve already said it pages back, sokari is d next big thing frm our domestic league.. he is more of micheal essien with flair...
play him along with a good holding midfielder and yu will see d best of a box midfielder... (yes, sokari flourish better as one)

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2015
Myanmar 1 : 5 New Zealand
Ukraine 3 : 0 USA

Final scores
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2015
FT: UKRAINE 3-0 USA. Myanmar 1-5 New Zealand. So Argentina is out and New Zealand could progress on best 3rd place
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Five star performance gives hosts hope[/size]

New Zealand came from behind to defeat Myanmar 5-1 and give the hosts hope of reaching the FIFA U-20 World Cup knockout stages. The excellent Noah Billingsley equalised Aung Thu's superb opener, before Monty Patterson pushed the Junior All Whites ahead minutes after the break. A late collapse from the Asian side saw Joel Stevens, Sam Brotherton and Clayton Lewis score to bring the Kiwi goal difference back to zero and finally give the home fans something to cheer.

Despite the margin of their defeat, Myanmar dominated the opening stages and took the lead with a wonderfully-crafted goal. After winning the ball in their defensive third, red shirts flooded forwards, working their way towards the edge of the Junior All Whites' penalty area. Thu was fed inside the box and, taking an excellent touch to cut inside onto his right foot which left Brock Messenger on his backside, the Myanmar No9 curled a superb effort beyond Nikola Tzanev.

The Wellington Regional Stadium was stunned, and it almost got worse for the home support minutes later as the goalscorer Thu, brimming with confidence, let fly from 30 yards, but his thunderous effort crashed off the underside of the bar and away.

Myanmar were made to pay for their profligacy. The home crowd had been made to wait for something to cheer, and almost three-and-a-half hours into the hosts’ campaign, they had their first goal. Deklan Wynne was set free down the left, after a defence-splitting pass found him in the Myanmar penalty area. His cross left Billingsley with a simple tap-in from six yards out.

Within 90 seconds of the restart, New Zealand were ahead and, after scoring the first, the youngest of the Junior All Whites set up the second. The ball was worked into the Myanmar box and a superb backheel nutmeg from Rufer found Clayton Lewis, who in turn set up Billingsley. His cross-cum-shot was turned home by Monty Patterson and the elation from the crowd was touched with a tinge of relief.

It was to get even better for the hosts, as Myanmar faded quickly in the second half once more, with echoes of their six-goal collapse against Ukraine on Tuesday.

With every goal crucial in the race to finish as the best third-placed side, Darren Bazeley threw on forward-thinking midfielder Joel Stevens for defender Messenger, and it proved an inspired switch. Billingsley found space down the New Zealand left, who cut back to Stevens, and the No7 sidefooted home with his first touch.

The Kiwis' new-found confidence bore fruit again moments later, with Sam Brotherton rising highest from a corner to head home and give the hosts more than a glimmer of hope of reaching the knockout stages.

In the closing moments, Wynne found space once more on the New Zealand left, Latt failed to clear his tame cross and Lewis had the simple task of bringing the hosts' overall goal difference in Group A back to zero.

The home fans will have to wait and see if this victory was enough for them to progress, with the Round of 16 picture becoming clearer over the coming days[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2015
Asian representatives in this tournament are Doro Mega Super POOR.
Asia still in search for their first point... 9 played, 0 pts, 6 scored, 34 conceeded. Their teams Uzbekistan,Myanmar,North Korea and Qatar. These four nations are synonymous to APERE(basket). Bonus Teams

their big guns all crashed out during qualifiers. Australia, Japan, S. Korea, China and Iran.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.