Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483519 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
joseph1013:

Chief, what makes you sure Germany would have beaten Ghana and Austria? Mind you, Argentina with these same players won the U20 South American Championship. Brazil, Uruguay, Columbia were there. Argentina is the biggest name in the U20 World Cup owing to their dominance over the years. You dont analyse football that way, bro.

Oga, I agree with u. But this Germany strong sha. Germany thrashed Austria 4-0 when they met in the semis of the European Championship.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
We shall be talking of how to defeat hungary first not all this germany germany

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lacicrips(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
femi9naija:
WTF! shocked shocked How can people be this pessimistic? same sh!t Nigerians said at AFCON 2004 (vs Cameroon) and AFCON 2013 (vs CIV), yet what happened? We still won. Though I'm not yet convinced by the performance of these boys but i believe beating Hungary will help their morale and preparation for Germany. They both play similarly and their players have similar build.
The Eagles should watch out for the Number 9, quite skillful and deadly.
Their performance against Hungary will determine how far they can go, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
See as you dey contradict yaself up & down.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Are we parading a mediocre Team? If we are..... then we honorably don't deserve the Cup!!!
What's the essence of becoming the Champions if we are so scared of facing a particular Team?
I prefer the Boys facing and losing honorably to the German Team than avoiding them by playing below their standard against the Hungarians.
To be a Champion, you must be brave and fearless to successfully whither any challenge (obstacle) that might tend to slow you down or crush you off the lane!
If genuinely we believe in the Team's potentials as we are claiming, then we should stop demoralizing the Lads.

Well, u've point. This fine if u're d best. But if u're 2nd best or so, would it not be better to meet the best in the final and if u lose get a silver medal than to meet the Best in the 2nd Round go home empty. And from ur tv watch teams u probably would have beaten if u had met progress. I'm not saying Germany is best. I'm just giving an illustration. Imagine in 2005, Mikel's Nigerian team had met Messi's Argentinean team in the 2nd Round and results remained the same. We would not be celebrating that team.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Krasid(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Who would Nigeria be playing if we finish as one of the best third place teams?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by wordychap: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
enomakos:
sorry we are not losing
Modified
We're home if we lose
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by femi9naija(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
lacicrips:

See as you dey contradict yaself up & down.
Just shows how unintelligent you are undecided
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

Well, u've point. This fine if u're d best. But if u're 2nd best or so, would it not be better to meet the best in the final and if u lose get a silver medal than to meet the Best in the 2nd Round go home empty. And from ur tv watch teams u probably would have beaten if u had met progress. I'm not saying Germany is best. I'm just giving an illustration. Imagine in 2005, Mikel's Nigerian team had met Messi's Argentinean team in the 2nd Round and results remained the same. We would not be celebrating that team.
It's better we lost honorably dude! I stand on my point! Because we lost the first Game to the Brazilians, thus so many of you lost complete confidence in the Lads? Let's assume the Germans are our first match? Would you have panicked of our Lads losing to them? Anything can happen in the Game of football dude! Did you ever think Juventus would play this Year Champions League Final? Did you ever think they could get past Mighty Real Madrid?
We shouldn't be too hopeful out of mediocrity! Because you luckily passed UTME does not make you an University Candidate; Post UTME is waiting to expose your mediocrity!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
adeyemi2015:

It's better we lost honorably dude! I stand on my point! Because we lost the first Game to the Brazilians, thus so many of you lost complete confidence in the Lads? Let's assume the Germans are our first match? Would you have panicked of our Lads losing to them? Anything can happen in the Game of football dude! Did you ever think Juventus would play this Year Champions League Final? Did you ever think they could get past Mighty Real Madrid?
We shouldn't be too hopeful out of mediocrity! Because you luckily passed UTME does not make you an University Candidate; Post UTME is waiting to expose your mediocrity!

I was not among those who believed Nigeria would thrash Brazil. I was not carried away by their performances in friendlies. I just kept my finger crossed. If u came across my earlier post I said Brazil for me was d litmus test. After that match it dawned on me that they were good but not as hyped. I clearly saw flaws that any good side could exploit. Like a great coach once said "attack would win u matches but defences win u tournaments".
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
wordychap:

Modified
We're home if we lose
nope....4 best 3rd place teams. So far, only New Zealand gets a spot on that basis.

3 spots to go. By tomorrow morning, we'll know what's left
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

Oga, I agree with u. But this Germany strong sha. Germany thrashed Austria 4-0 when they met in the semis of the European Championship.

Didn't we trash Ghana 2-0 in the semis of the ayc? How much did that fact help Argentina?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

I was not among those who believed Nigeria would thrash Brazil. I was not carried away by their performances in friendlies. I just kept my finger crossed. If u came across my earlier post I said Brazil for me was d litmus test. After that match it dawned on me that they were good but not as hyped. I clearly saw flaws that any good side could exploit. Like a great coach once said "attack would win u matches but defences win u tournaments".

If you watched Ghana's first game, you would have written them off. Yet, they topped the group. USA 94, Italy group games, , you would have written them off.

Argentina came with one of the most talented team but they are going home.

Even against brazil we lost due to individual errors not a fantastic Brazilian display. Once the Nigerian team settles, they will be difficult to beat.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

One thing is special about the German , they usually score plenty of goals both at the senior level and junior level , that shows how deadly they can be in front of goals , but if they meet another attacking side they will bow ...if we re lucky to avoid them , then at another knock out stage we will meet again . The flying eagles re not easy too , ones they can understand themselves better we will become deadly . A win against the Hungarian will really help in raising d level of our confidence, and sharpen our attacking prowess .... One thing about Taiwo is that ones he starts scoring he will never stop .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

Sorry, what's the name of the great coach u quoted?? Technically, if u win matches then u win the tournament.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by drpialabi: 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
tbaba1234:

If you watched Ghana's first game, you would have written them off. Yet, they topped the group. USA 94, Italy group games, , you would have written them off.

Even against brazil we lost due to individual errors not a fantastic Brazilian display. Once the Nigerian team settles, they will be difficult to beat.

you are right sir. Even the Ghanian team to the last under 20 world cup lost the first two games. Yet they won bronze medal.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Napoleon55(m): 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Anything can happen in football,what if Korea beat Brazil,and we top our group
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Napoleon55:
lol....I thought of this too, but that's almost impossible. Korea is the group's bytch. Everyone's gonna bang goals in their net wink
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
tbaba1234:

If this were to happen I would be d happiest. My heart wants them to win but my head is yet to be convinced
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

If this were to happen I would be d happiest. My heart wants them to win but my head is yet to be convinced

My head is convinced about the quality in the side, now we need to get them playing.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
Napoleon55:

Laughing out loud in Swahili ....don't forget ,they ve conceived 9 goals in 2 matches , meaning they can still conceive more .... But nothing is impossible .. They can end up in a draw though .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Didn't we trash Ghana 2-0 in the semis of the ayc? How much did that fact help Argentina?

He asked a question whether Germany would have beaten Austria. I reminded him that they had beaten Austria earlier. It may not have bearing now but it gives u an idea about the strength of this German side.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Birikiti: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Folks please don't let us get ahead of ourselves. We still have the Hungary match to play and get a result from. It is talk like this that makes the players start under-rating opponents. This is what happened at France '98 when Super Eagles players and fans were already dreaming of a Nig vs Brazil Q-final forgetting that their second round opponents, Denmark, were no pushovers. The result was a world class spanking!

So, allow this team to take it one match at a time and their confidence, team play and results will get better as the tournament progresses.

I still believe in this team. #SoarFlyingEagles

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by fujirice: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
Who are the ones saying that the Argentinian team is shittty? Mean! The Argies I watched were quite skillful just that they were unlucky in front of goal with the Austrians. Let's hope that we won't be unlucky in the front of goal like them.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
safarigirl:
na only una abi? Anyway, I have unshakeable trust and beleif in Awoniyi, no matter what. Unlike some people that don't hesitate to cast him even when he works hard for the team.

yu dey mind him... we wey don dey following them since the u-17 championship proper nko...??

germany or not who cares... i believe there best is saved for d later stage of d competition and my boys will take dem by suprise...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 9:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
tbaba1234:

My head is convinced about the quality in the side, now we need to get them playing.

Ok, Sir
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by engineerboat(m): 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
Krasid:

1st from GROUP D; like SERBIA
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
Krasid:

The winner of grp 'D' dat has Colombia, Mexico, Mali & Serbia. All of which have 3pts already from 2 games

Or Ukraine
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
P0intBlank:

Seems you are a Chelsea fan
You are expecting the Flying Eagles to be parking Trailers in every match just to win the Tournament grin grin grin
FC Barcelona is on the verge of winning treble with attacking football!!!
Guy! We shouldn't underrate nor overrate any opponent. We can do it, if we believe we can! You and I agree that the Team is full of talents, we should just hope they play to their standards and do us proud against any Team!
Up Super Flying Eagles!!!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Are we parading a mediocre Team? If we are..... then we honorably don't deserve the Cup!!!
What's the essence of becoming the Champions if we are so scared of facing a particular Team?
I prefer the Boys facing and losing honorably to the German Team than avoiding them by playing below their standard against the Hungarians.
To be a Champion, you must be brave and fearless to successfully whither any challenge (obstacle) that might tend to slow you down or crush you off the lane!
If genuinely we believe in the Team's potentials as we are claiming, then we should stop demoralizing the Lads.
God bless u my brother. same thing i ve said again and again but paper fans here are afraid as they don't have faith in the team. our boys are equal to any task.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
mikron:
if u re still going to meet a german side in the competition why delay the inevitable now? we re the african champs, if ghana that came 3rd in the AYC can beat argentina why would u advocate african champs to dodge germany? isnt that telling the world u dont have a good team? i say bring any team, we will do the job. if u must be the best u got to beat the best

at any time. But if you are not ready come home. Ka cii la.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
bataderemi:

Sorry, what's the name of the great coach u quoted?? Technically, if u win matches then u win the tournament.

Sir Alex Ferguson
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
jobsat34:

i ve already said it pages back, sokari is d next big thing frm our domestic league.. he is more of micheal essien with flair...
play him along with a good holding midfielder and yu will see d best of a box midfielder... (yes, sokari flourish better as one)
very true cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.