Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,230 members, 7,842,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (482118 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
samueld0:

Yes you are right. But I think with the likes of Success, simon,Awoniyi and pygbara Nacho may not start as the leading striker.

Nacho is the most talented. The Flying Eagles play a possessive pattern of play. Nacho has trained for a while as a finisher.

I think he will be the best person to lead the attack.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
A talented striker is emerging in Spain. His name is Santi Mina of Celta Vigo.
On 11 April 2015, Mina scored four goals in a 6–1 home routing of Rayo Vallecano, becoming the youngest player ever to do so in the main category of Spanish football and the first from Celta since 1979.

He also scored last week for Celta Vigo. He is a regular player for the Spanish U19 side and he will be one of the talents to watch out in the U20 World Youth Championship.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I trust the Manchester City approach for Nacho. The most talented player in recent club formation lead the teams in scoring.

In the past, we have the talented ones like Maradona, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Okocha creating for the less talented players. However, the talented ones are the ones that lead the goal scoring tasks.

Aguero - Started as a creative midfielder but now he is the lead striker for Argentina.
Messi - Lead the attack for Guardiola.
Same thing with the likes of Tevez and Suarez.

Nacho is the most prolific in the team. If he makes it to the camp early, he should lead the attack. I hope Manu Garba allows Nacho lead the team upfront.

I dont entirely agree with you. Before Kelechi was seen as clinical, Success was taking all the shine. And based on Granada's matches I've watched this season, he's still got the movement and the instinct, only the supply is lacking. Awoniyi too has improved alot in his finishing. Kelechi has got excellent vision. Even yesterday, he was coming deep when he was starved of the ball and did give some good passes that speed limits didnt allow his mates get to.

What am I saying? For a team like ours, we need Kelechi as an attacking midfielder who can spray passes, distribute the ball as well as score goals.

Kelechi is a good finisher, but an EXCELLENT passer of the ball. He had the highest assists at the African U-17. He also had the highest assists at the U-17 World Cup. That should say alot as to where his key ability lies in this great team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1013:

I dont entirely agree with you. Before Kelechi was seen as clinical, Success was taking all the shine. And based on Granada's matches I've watched this season, he's still got the movement and the instinct, only the supply is lacking. Awoniyi too has improved alot in his finishing. Kelechi has got excellent vision. Even yesterday, he was coming deep when he was starved of the ball and did give some good passes that speed limits didnt allow his mates get to.

What am I saying? For a team like ours, we need Kelechi as an attacking midfielder who can spray passes, distribute the ball as well as score goals.

Kelechi is a good finisher, but an EXCELLENT passer of the ball. He had the highest assists at the African U-17. He also had the highest assists at the U-17 World Cup. That should say alot as to where his key ability lies in this great team.

It is definitely a tough decision for the Coaching crew of the Flying Eagles. I understand your point but the thing is, Coach Manu Garba pointed out that Nacho's best talent is finishing.

Despite Nacho's exceptional passing ability and range, his best talent should be promoted. Which is his finishing ability. I am sure Coach Manu Garba knew he was an excellent finisher but played him in midfield to accommodate talented strikers like Awoniyi and Success.

I still feel the Messi of the team should lead the attack.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1013:

I agree with you on Success' ability. I watched his movement for Granada and it is top notch with some of the best in the World. I hope Granada and the other clubs release these players in time to give the Coach room to make a good squad selection.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with the lads. Nacho and Success are playing and training under challenging conditions. Their technical knowledge will be ahead of Awoniyi. No doubt Awoniyi is a bright talent but I see Success and Nacho beating him to the striking role.

I watched on of Success' Granada games and the commentator kept on hailing Success for his impressive contributions to his team.
when Iheanacho returns, he'll be relegated to his original position of AM.....if Man City is looking for a striker, they should buy one instead of trying to turn an AM to a striker. Na so Chelsea do Mikel that year

And Manu will not base his selection on what football commentators say of these boys in their clubs, this one that Granada is planning to release Success at the last minute, it's not likely he'll displace an Awoniyi who already knows the drill with the time he has left. He should even pray Bulbwa doesn't relegate him

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by samueld0(m): 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you on Success' ability. I watched his movement for Granada and it is top notch with some of the best in the World. I hope Granada and the other clubs release these players in time to give the Coach room to make a good squad selection.

Yes the best roll to play Nacho is the attacking midfield, from there he can assist and score goals as well. If not there will be no room for Success and Awoniyi
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
when Iheanacho returns, he'll be relegated to his original position of AM.....if Man City is looking for a striker, they should buy one instead of trying to turn an AM to a striker. Na so Chelsea do Mikel that year

And Manu will not base his selection on what football commentators say of these boys in their clubs, this one that Granada is planning to release Success at the last minute, it's not likely he'll displace an Awoniyi who already knows the drill with the time he has left. He should even pray Bulbwa doesn't relegate him

The thing is this, Manu Garba does not send you. If you are not in camp by due date, you'll be dropped. Simon or no Simon, Success or no Success, Iheanacho or no Iheanacho, Manu Garba doesn't care.

That's his philosophy!

They are doing themselves a favor by coming to play.

Datsall!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:

Nacho's case at Man City is different from Mikel's case at Chelsea. Mikel's best talent was his brilliance in his short simple passes to unlock defences. Mikel was exceptional in attracting defensive mid fielders and defenders to him to create room for the attacking players to excel.

At Chelsea, Mikel's best talent was limited. The change in role affected him. What made Mikel exceptional was hidden.

Nacho's best talent is his finishing. Under Manu Garba and his crew, Nacho's best talent is submerged to accompany other players to shine. If Nacho is pushed into the attack, we might have a player in the class of Messi who can break records.

I think Javier Saviola holds the U20 record with 11 goals (astonishing). It would be nice if Nacho can come close to that or break it.

Messi might have broken Saviola's record if the coach allowed Messi lead the line.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1013:

The thing is this, Manu Garba does not send you. If you are not in camp, you'll be dropped. Simon or no Simon, Success or no Success, Iheanacho or no Iheanacho, Manu Garba doesn't care.

That's his philosophy!

They are doing themselves a favor for coming to play.

Datsall!

I honestly believe this tournament will do more to the careers of these young players than their club duties. Coach Manu Garba and his crew are determined to succeed with or without the stars of their team.

I hope their clubs understand the importance of this tournament to these players. The best like Figo, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldinho, Aguero, Zabaleta, Forlan played in this tournament.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
can the boys (nacho, success, ndidi, simon etc..) blend with this team? Pls let some body from the nff glass house beg their respective clubs to release them on time. We need this guys to blend with the rest, like play like play the games will start, time is ticking away plzzz... We need our best, we want this cup.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Op, any news about habib makonjuala the Lad that plays for Chelsea? ?? Why had he not been invited by manu Garba?? He is a good juggler of the ball in the mould of Jay Jay. .
We need to nurture the Young lad.. His talent should be harness properly...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 2:10am On Apr 29, 2015
Daninya11:
Op, any news about habib makonjuala the Lad that plays for Chelsea? ?? Why had he not been invited by manu Garba?? He is a good juggler of the ball in the mould of Jay Jay. .
We need to nurture the Young lad.. His talent should be harness properly...
h

He is still 16, he should break into Chelsea u18 first.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 8:45am On Apr 29, 2015
iheanacho would be better as a striker but 4 d u-20 he should play AM to accommodate the strikers (, success and awoniyi) dats d wing he played at the u-17 and he excelled in it so he can do it again
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Moses Simon Has All The Right Qualities[/size]

Nigeria international Moses Simon, who recently made his debut in an international friendly on March 25 in Uyo against Uganda, is said to have pulled interest from some top clubs and, according to reports, Tottenham and Fenerbahce have been named while Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, is said to be interested in bringing the skilful Nigerian to Anfield.

The GBS Academy's gifted winger, Simon, has qualities such as pace, great football intelligence and his instant decision making in front of goal is amazing. He has got a blend of good control and athleticism which you'll rarely find around. The 19 year old stands at just five foot, seven inches tall and he is able to make good use of his size, he changes direction with the ball at his feet at a very fast pace and can be very dangerous in the box.

His impressive form has alerted some clubs and its most likely the list of interested clubs will increase, he has a combined 38 goals in 52 games this year for his former Slovakian club, AS Trencin and his current Belgium Club, Gent.

Belgian Jupiler Pro League side, KAA Gent knows the time for their Nigerian import to leave is getting nearer and the Technical Director of the club, Michael Louwagie was quoted as saying a €20m price tag on Moses Simon looks good.

"€20m is unfounded, in recent years prices have risen in Belgium and I think €20m is a realistic price for Moses Simon," he told footmercato.net

It's obvious that the growing interest in Moses Simon will continue and Gent won't allow the Super Eagles winger leave on a cheap.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Apr 29, 2015
Tomtoxic:
iheanacho would be better as a striker but 4 d u-20 he should play AM to accommodate the strikers (, success and awoniyi) dats d wing he played at the u-17 and he excelled in it so he can do it again

I believe playing Nacho in any other role except as a striker will hinder his best quality which is finishing. Note, at Man City, Nacho trains everyday as a striker. Playing him in any other role will also hinder the impact of his training.

At the end, the most important prize is the World Youth Championship title. I believe Manu Garba will make the best choice for the team.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I believe playing Nacho in any other role except as a striker will hinder his best quality which is finishing. Note, at Man City, Nacho trains everyday as a striker. Playing him in any other role will also hinder the impact of his training.

At the end, the most important prize is the World Youth Championship title. I believe Manu Garba will make the best choice for the team.
even if City plays Iheanacho as a defender, you'll say that's his best role as well.

Opinions of City fans will not be highly rated due to sentiments.....Kelechi is great at passimg and good at finishing.he's a better AM than Striker
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2015
safarigirl:
even if City plays Iheanacho as a defender, you'll say that's his best role as well.

Opinions of City fans will not be highly rated due to sentiments.....Kelechi is great at passimg and good at finishing.he's a better AM than Striker

TheGoodJoe:

city preparing nacho to be a striker should be a plus agreed.. but at his age, he has the versatility.. AM, RWF, LWF, SS, and Point Man.. the next 2 years will be crucial for him though.. whichever role he flourish most at the world cup should take precedence whether city likes it or not..

remember jack wilshere at a point in time played almost every position upfront.. until when wenger finally converted him to cmf.. and if not for injury, he wud have been a force to reckon with in the world of CMF..

in Nacho's case, Manu Garba is in best position to outline the best role for him... City only want him where they think he is influential, forgetting about other comparative advantage he has in other area (meanwhile city is only after is goalscoring ability).. passing, layoff, dribbling which he can do better than most players in his peers..

another example is patrick bamford.. he started out as a striker, but he does not has the physical features except for his goal scoring ability.. but he has other a comparative advantage in other areas... dribbling, layoff and holding on to ball... aitor karanka is playing him as a playmaker with less restriction (playing from right side of the midfield), yet he still came out as highest goal score ahead of Tomlin and Leadbitter in a 4-2-3-1 formation.. one of his best match was in the FA cup against city, and you should see the way he dealt with kompany in that match..

City scout should endeavor to monitor him all through the world cup to see how misleading they have been all this while....
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:33am On Apr 29, 2015
I say we use nacho however Manu wants I have no problem with Iheanacho's development he made a good move and i'm sure the world cup will show that going to Man City was better than playing in that CHAN nonsense, I'm sorry that tournament was an injury waiting to happen and only a fool would believe playing well would have led to a Keshi call up, has anyone seen Victor Moses lately? At City he has seen the world played with great players does that happen at Porto?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 11:59am On Apr 29, 2015
@safarigirl.
U r ryt. pop up wen u least expect him and bang! Wit his left he would score. That's iheanacho. Could be very selfish atimes.

Success is quick, skillful, strong, passes very well, and uses both feet. His movement is always a delight. Best for the job in my view.

Awoniyi is quick too, relatively strong, holds play up front well and gets into good positions as well. but needs the grits of a top poacher.

Simon is pacy, very skillful, uses both feet and with a good knack for goal. But he hogs the ball most time and might slow down team play. His helping out with defense is not too impressive.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
jobsat34:

city preparing nacho to be a striker should be a plus agreed.. but at his age, he has the versatility.. AM, RWF, LWF, SS, and Point Man.. the next 2 years will be crucial for him though.. whichever role he flourish most at the world cup should take precedence whether city likes it or not..

remember jack wilshere at a point in time played almost every position upfront.. until when wenger finally converted him to cmf.. and if not for injury, he wud have been a force to reckon with in the world of CMF..

in Nacho's case, Manu Garba is in best position to outline the best role for him... City only want him where they think he is influential, forgetting about other comparative advantage he has in other area (meanwhile city is only after is goalscoring ability).. passing, layoff, dribbling which he can do better than most players in his peers..

another example is patrick bamford.. he started out as a striker, but he does not has the physical features except for his goal scoring ability.. but he has other a comparative advantage in other areas... dribbling, layoff and holding on to ball... aitor karanka is playing him as a playmaker with less restriction (playing from right side of the midfield), yet he still came out as highest goal score ahead of Tomlin and Leadbitter in a 4-2-3-1 formation.. one of his best match was in the FA cup against city, and you should see the way he dealt with kompany in that match..

City scout should endeavor to monitor him all through the world cup to see how misleading they have been all this while....

City coaches will monitor him at the WYC but the question is, If you line up our flying eagles attacking talents, who is the best striker among them?

If it is Nacho and he is best as a striker than a midfielder then I think it is best for Nacho to lead the attack of the Flying Eagles. Well let us see what Coach Manu Garba and his crew decide.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles’ Germany Trip Shifted?[/size]

The Nigerian U20 team, the Flying Eagles may no longer be travelling to Germany today as earlier scheduled, SL10.ng has learnt.

The Nigeria Football Federation had last week announced a training camp in Germany for the Flying Eagles, where they are expected to finalize their preparations for the FIFA U20 World Cup in Canada.

But latest reports reaching sl10.ng is that for some undisclosed reasons, the trip has been shifted to a later date.

If the team were to still travel today, no training arrangements will be made but a source in the team has told sl10.ng that due to some ‘administrative challenges’ about their trip, they will have their usual training session today in Abuja, starting from 4pm local time.

Nigeria will play in group E of the World Cup, same as Brazil, Hungary and North Korea, and have already submitted their provisional list of 35 players to World Football governing body FIFA.

Coach Manu Garba is still waiting on the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success and Moses Simon, who are all yet to join the team, with Chidiebere Nwakali the only overseas based player to have joined.

It remains unclear when the team will eventually travel to Germany but it is believed they will eventually be in the European country as planned.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
safarigirl:

I am not speaking based in Sentiments. I did not like the change of Nacho's playing role until Coach Manu Garba confirmed Nacho is an excellent finisher. Coach Garba said Nacho is the best he has ever seen. He believes Nacho is even better than the Strikers of Man City senior team. He believes they only have experience over Nacho.

It is because of Coach Manu Garba I believe Nacho's should be developed to play as a striker. Just like Messi, Aguero, Tevez who bust into the scene of football as skillful midfielders.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

City scouts monitor him at the WYC but the question is, If you line up our flying eagles attacking talent, who is the best striker among them?

If it is Nacho and he is best as a striker than a midfielder then I think it is best for Nacho to lead the attack of the Flying Eagles. Well let us see what Coach Manu Garba and his crew decide.

and i am very sure, if it were to be left to Nacho making the decision, he will prefer the supporting role than leading the attack.. we will have to wait till the world cup though.. but believe me when i say, Nacho wont make the front 2 even if Manu decides to play 2 man attack...

most trending formation now is the 4-2-3-1 which manu played throughout the AYC... i dont see him changing it during the world cup proper.. i see Nacho flourishing in the same role patrick bamford plays for middlesbrough..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
zoboizee:
@safarigirl. U r ryt. pop up wen u least expect him and bang wit his left he would score. dats iheanacho! success is quick,skillful,strong, passes very well, and uses both feet. his movement is always a delight. best for the job in my view. awoniyi is quick too, relatively strong, holds play up front well and gets into good positions as well. but needs the grits of a top poacher. simon is pacy, very skillful, uses both feet and with a good knack for goal. but

Messi is left footed and he is the greatest finisher in the history of European club football.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
jobsat34:

and i am very sure, if it were to be left to Nacho making the decision, he will prefer the supporting role that leading the attack.. we will have to wait till the world cup though.. but believe me when i say, Nacho wont make the front 2 even if Manu decides to play 2 man attack...

most trending formation now is the 4-2-3-1 which manu played throughout the AYC... i dont see him changing it during the world cup proper.. i see Nacho flourishing in the same role patrick bamford plays for middlesbrough..

I disagree. The greatest creative attacking midfielder in the history of the Super Eagles is Austin Jay Jay Okocha. However, I watched an interview where Jay-Jay said he wished he was played as a striker.

I believe Nacho is to make a choice, he will prefer to be a Messi than an Iniesta.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree. The greatest creative attacking midfielder in the history of the Super Eagles is Austin Jay Jay Okocha. However, I watched an interview where Jay-Jay said he wished he was played as a striker.

I believe Nacho is to make a choice, he will prefer to be a Messi than an Iniesta.

and that messi is an out n out striker??..

anyway, that is for anoda day.. i see more of messi in nacho though...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
jobsat34:

and that messi is an out n out striker??..

anyway, that is for anoda day.. i see more of messi in nacho though...

Under Coach Guardiola, Messi became a point man. Ibrahimovic, Pedro and Villa were made to feed Messi.

###

'It was a childhood dream and I was walking on air,' said Ibrahimovic. 'It started well but then Messi started to talk.

'He wanted to play in the middle, not on the wing, so the system changed from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1. I was sacrificed and no longer had the freedom on the pitch I need to succeed.

'So I asked for a meeting with Guardiola - for a discussion, not an argument. I said I was being used in the wrong way and that they shouldn't have bought me if they wanted another type of player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057549/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-blames-Lionel-Messi-Pep-Guardiola-Barcelona-flop.html
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Under Coach Guardiola, Messi became a point man. Ibrahimovic, Pedro and Villa were made to feed Messi.

###

'It was a childhood dream and I was walking on air,' said Ibrahimovic. 'It started well but then Messi started to talk.

'He wanted to play in the middle, not on the wing, so the system changed from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1. I was sacrificed and no longer had the freedom on the pitch I need to succeed.

'So I asked for a meeting with Guardiola - for a discussion, not an argument. I said I was being used in the wrong way and that they shouldn't have bought me if they wanted another type of player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057549/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-blames-Lionel-Messi-Pep-Guardiola-Barcelona-flop.html

and that was when ETO, Dinho and Deco all left barca
after Abracadabra experiment failed, they had to go back to status quo..
i wouldn't want to derail this thread just for messi argument
whichever position it comes out to be for Nacho, i hope its for the best...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
@GUdjoehunt...ever heard of a false 9? Or a free role player? If yes. Then realise they score more goals than a true 9, but the truth is if your pattern does NT suit a false 9 and u decide to play it then the team would play 10 matches ands score 1 goal
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by arsetalks(m): 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

For instance, a coach can hinder Iheanacho by looking at his strength and pace and decide he should play as a box to box midfielder. Meanwhile, Nacho's standout talent is his finishing inside the 18 yard box. Playing as a box to box midfielder will hinder his finishing ability.
If I am honest with you bro, I see a very good box to box midfielder in Kelechi. Not the modern day running box to box midfielder but like Pirlo. You know, deep lying midfielder - Pirlo and Scholes type.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by samueld0(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
The best role to play Nacho in manu Garba's team is attacking midfeild. Simple.
Manu Garba has too much strikers than to play him as the point man. Remember this is a turnament not a league where u can experimentate. Nacho can only play as AM in this setup so that other players can shine as a team not only Ihenacho. The team is not build around a player. I trust coach Manu

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.