Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 (13854 Views)

D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 / Winners, 2009 MTV Africa Music Award (mamas) / Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2008
just watched the whole show on tv now
my analysis

organisation was top class, stage was briliant , no hitches with the sound systems , nice screen only problem i have is with the crowd being too close to the stage without adequate security, this was evident when Game was on stage and was mobbed by his fans, not once, not twice, not thrice. It should be avoided next time

the perfomances were craaaaaaaazy, as in absolutely crazy!!!! the worst on nthe night for me was ikechukwu and naeto c.

Asa didnt dissapoint, still wondering how she didnt get the award, her perfomance with the live band was off the shizzle believe me, with the guitars the violins the pianos, it was fabulous, then this guy came raping to the song and it was just luvly. kudo's its my best performance of the awards.

kelly rowland brought down the roof with her luvly voice, her sexy moves and the crowd just had to go crazy wen d'banj came up on stage with her. twas off the hook.

Game had a good performance, typical of him, and the crowd went crazy. only prob i had wiv him was wen he just dropped the mic on the stage and walked off(dunno wut happened)

9ice was as nice as ever with his classic record banger "gongo aso". brought down the roof as usual. had a prob with his dressing sha.

Trevor who was the anchor of the show did a wonderful job, luvd the jay jay show of skills on the stage also.

then the award to BABA 70 Fela Anikulapo Kuti was a good initiative.

all in all the awards was a success in ma opinion, just dat i felt some awards didnt go to the right peeps
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by gbengaijot(m): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2008
I personlly do not like two things about the awards.

1. How on earth will Ikechukwu win best music video for "wine am well". I think its really absurd.

2. How on earth will My Asa. My asalicious not win an award, Jeezz this is cheating, lol

Asa's performance was simply stunning. "tosin, the guy who rapped was HHP. Asa's voice on stage is thesame as her studio voice. She was bold, confident and sang with soo much calmness that you know that she is very good. Asa is simply stunning.

9ice as usual is simply 9ice. I am surprised that Jahbless was not on stage. Only god knows why. I love jahbless so much. I watch 9ice performance coz of hiim u knw.

Dbanj is crazy. That guy hasw sooo much attitude that i simply like him more and more. His award was dedicated to his mamalet, lol. Don Jerzy behaved like a don and didnt come out with the mohit crew. Maturity you'd say, innit

All in all, i think it was a really good award. Need i say that the stage was properly managed, the compere was good, everything was outstanding. For those ranting about who won what award. I think we are simply being sentimental about it all. Naija music is going places, 5 years ago when i started Naijabrains; a music blog, i never for once thought we'd have something like this in Abuja, not to talk of a co-live performance of Dbanj and kelly Roland.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 12:43am On Dec 01, 2008
gbenga ure on point cool
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by ajayi1(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2008
gbengaijot:

I personlly do not like two things about the awards.

1. How on earth will Ikechukwu win best music video for "wine am well". I think its really absurd.

2. How on earth will My Asa. My asalicious not win an award, Jeezz this is cheating, lol

Asa's performance was simply stunning. "tosin, the guy who rapped was HHP. Asa's voice on stage is thesame as her studio voice. She was bold, confident and sang with soo much calmness that you know that she is very good. Asa is simply stunning.

9ice as usual is simply 9ice. I am surprised that Jahbless was not on stage. Only god knows why. I love jahbless so much. I watch 9ice performance because of hiim u knw.

Dbanj is crazy. That guy hasw sooo much attitude that i simply like him more and more. His award was dedicated to his mamalet, lol. Don Jerzy behaved like a don and didnt come out with the mohit crew. Maturity you'd say, innit

All in all, i think it was a really good award. Need i say that the stage was properly managed, the compere was good, everything was outstanding. For those ranting about who won what award. I think we are simply being sentimental about it all. Naija music is going places, 5 years ago when i started Naijabrains; a music blog, i never for once thought we'd have something like this in Abuja, not to talk of a co-live performance of Dbanj and kelly Roland.

It is so painful that i miss the performance on stage of Dbanj and K. Rowland. Was it so hot? Which song did they collabor together
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2008
forget it man, Dbanj is an entertainer. that guy is absolutelywonderful on stage,

kelly rowland was perfoming "lifted" and off came dbanj
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2008
i kind of dont dig P-square thanks after they got the award,
one of them precisely
asking people to clap for his son
daaaah
did his son make him win
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
princesa:

i kind of don't dig P-square thanks after they got the award,
one of them precisely
asking people to clap for his son
daaaah
did his son make him win

its a damn dedication undecided
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2008
my bad, i said thanks instead of dedication cool

but why did he menton his son and wife
instead of just saying "my family"
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2008
because they mean the same undecided
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2008
thats what you will say, always say and cant think of not saying cool

it means, he can spare us the long talk and say simply
"I dedicate this Award to my family" cool finito
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2008
ure simply hating
and its annoying

like i said b4, till u av talk to talk on music, no more replies from me
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by shakamc(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
watch out for me in the next year mtv mama award, its ORISHIRISHI SWAGGA, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ttii-qkH0
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by ajayi1(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2008
@ Shake, You try no be small job. Who produce tht beat?
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by shakamc(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2008
thanks bro,the beat was produced by my mate m-lee,he is from port harcourt but he is based in cyprus,it is funny cuz i have never met this guy before,i met him on facebook after he watched one of my freestyle demo video and he told me dat he makes beats and i really beileved in him, i told him him one thing i want u to be my id cabasa lol.give me a hit beat and i will make u a star producer and am sure it is happenning now, enuff thanks to mr skills a.k.a jjc who arranged and recorded the song in his studio, his sklls made all the swagga come out,
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Modups1(f): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2008
over all, it was a great show
no be small thing oh, 1st MTV MAMA & done in our very own FCT in naija!

what i had a problem with is nominating american acts along with african acts still dont get it
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 9:19am On Dec 02, 2008
Me sef no understand o!
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by ajayi1(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2008
I dont really now sha, But my thought is that the next American MTV Award Naija too will be there. Becos it aint possible for them to Nominate Afican American for Africa Award.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by chasisgirl(f): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2008
shaka mc:

thanks bro,the beat was produced by my mate m-lee,he is from port harcourt but he is based in cyprus,it is funny because i have never met this guy before,i met him on facebook after he watched one of my freestyle demo video and he told me that he makes beats and i really beileved in him, i told him him one thing i want u to be my id cabasa lol.give me a hit beat and i will make u a star producer and am sure it is happenning now, enough thanks to mr skills a.k.a jjc who arranged and recorded the song in his studio, his sklls made all the swagga come out,

shakar el swagga ur swag is tight, pls give me more ! the beat is dope
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2008
Modups!:

over all, it was a great show
no be small thing oh, 1st MTV MAMA & done in our very own FCT in naija!

what i had a problem with is nominating american acts along with african acts still don't get it

it goes to show
that Mtv base Africa isnt really meant for Africa undecided
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by ajayi1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2008
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2008
why are you suddenly mute
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2008
. . . . . . . . . so far so good. . .

@tosinededa. . .

talking about 9ice not doing hip hop. . . weren't you the same tosin that argued with me sometime ago telling me 9ice was doing hip hop? weren't you the same guy that said 9ice raps better than lord of ajasa?

Now you're suddenly saying 9ice isn't HIP HOP. . . Bleep u mayne. . . Elenu Meta, 3riple Mouthed Bitchass grin
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2008
@shaka mc. . .

u try for that song. . . but your lyrical pattern dey too regular. . ain't hatin mayne, but that song won't be noticed! tongue
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2008
jassie:

. . . . . . . . . so far so good. . .

@tosinededa. . .

talking about 9ice not doing hip hop. . . weren't you the same tosin that argued with me sometime ago telling me 9ice was doing hip hop? weren't you the same guy that said 9ice raps better than lord of ajasa?

Now you're suddenly saying 9ice isn't HIP HOP. . . Bleep u mayne. . . Elenu Meta, 3riple Mouthed Bitchass grin

its cos of assholes like u i yab people on nairaland angry
ure a fool
very big fool angry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-108769.0.html

show me where i called 9ice a rapper
mothafucker angry
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2008
E pain u reach like this? Tosin, i was only joking na. . . haba, control ur temper ode. . . I was just pulling ya legs, didn't u see the smiley? Mumu grin
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2008
well too bad cos sumpeepson nairaland wnt see that!!!!
and will start another saga again!!!!
sum peeps wnt stop at nothin tryn to find faults angry

since u say na play u dey play,its all cool cool
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by ajayi1(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2008
tosinadeda:

well too bad because sumpeepson nairaland wnt see that!!!!
and will start another saga again!!!!
sum peeps wnt stop at nothin tryn to find faults angry

since u say na play u dey play,its all cool cool

Tosin you know even they waste time atall. Any yawa you go take am personal, lol
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2008
ajayi1:

Tosin you know even they waste time atall. Any yawa you go take am personal, lol

no be my fault o!!!!
i dan see sege for this music section!!!!
sum peeps just come here to see anytn bad about me and pounce on me!!!
so i had to do that wink
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by initiator(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
I watched the MAMA awards and from other media sources i understand what was shown was an edited version of what went down with lapses ranging from sound problems to logistic problems. On THE KUDOS SIDE, I THINK THE AWARD HAD SOME NICE PERFORMANCES - from ikechukwu/cassette/jua cali performance to HHP and Asa and D'banj/Kelly rowland.
Game brought it on but for the ugly ugly fan reaction which made me wonder whether the show was a concert or an award.
Nice performance was flat for me - i've heard that guy performe that song a million times (on tv) and in all he just lips to the song from his cd! no stage craft. dont get me wrong, i feel he is one of the most original acts from naija but on stage, there's not much from him really.
The idea of the jozi/p-square battle was a good idea and they brought up the heat but the camera positioning didnt give the viewers a full view.
For those who said 9ice deserved the best new act more than naeto c, they are just looking at the award from a nigerian perspective. hey am an alternative kinda guy but naeto c's album was envelope-opening-stuff for me - really classy - and the international airplay dominance of kini big deal is the type that can garner foreign votes than 9ice's.

and for those bringing up the igbo thing, they dont even deserve a reply as romeo captured the shallowness of that point very well.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2008
well stated
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by ajayi1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2008
initiator:

I watched the MAMA awards and from other media sources i understand what was shown was an edited version of what went down with lapses ranging from sound problems to logistic problems. On THE KUDOS SIDE, I THINK THE AWARD HAD SOME NICE PERFORMANCES - from ikechukwu/cassette/jua cali performance to HHP and Asa and D'banj/Kelly rowland.
Game brought it on but for the ugly ugly fan reaction which made me wonder whether the show was a concert or an award.
Nice performance was flat for me - i've heard that guy performe that song a million times (on tv) and in all he just lips to the song from his cd! no stage craft. don't get me wrong, i feel he is one of the most original acts from naija but on stage, there's not much from him really.
The idea of the jozi/p-square battle was a good idea and they brought up the heat but the camera positioning didnt give the viewers a full view.
For those who said 9ice deserved the best new act more than naeto c, they are just looking at the award from a nigerian perspective. hey am an alternative kind of guy but naeto c's album was envelope-opening-stuff for me - really classy - and the international airplay dominance of kini big deal is the type that can garner foreign votes than 9ice's.

and for those bringing up the igbo thing, they don't even deserve a reply as romeo captured the shallowness of that point very well.

Well spoken but for the 9ice and Neot C you cant say.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2008
initiator:

For those who said 9ice deserved the best new act more than naeto c, they are just looking at the award from a nigerian perspective. hey am an alternative kind of guy but naeto c's album was envelope-opening-stuff for me - really classy - and the international airplay dominance of kini big deal is the type that can garner foreign votes than 9ice's.

thank you cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Wizkid Ft. Drake – Come Closer / "Mama" L.T Tribute To Henrietta Kosoko / DJ Xclusive Ft Mr Eazi & Flavour – As E Dey Hot (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.