Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84703 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Chili89: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
@ evanscheck, please what external treatment cream can one use to treat WARTS (genital) ?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Chili89:
@ evanscheck, please what external treatment cream can one use to treat WARTS (genital) ?

Look for a cream that has silver nitrate inside preferably, a popular brand called avoca.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Chili89: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
evanscheck:

Look for a cream that has silver nitrate inside preferably, a popular brand called avoca.
thanks for the quick response.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by whitestar01(m): 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
zeezahbee:
Get informed on how your pharmacist can help you. Pharmacists are medication experts.Do you suffer from a chronic condition such as asthma, arthritis, or diabetes etc? Your pharmacist can work with you and your doctor to make sure you choose the best medications to look after your health.

Studies have shown that half of all Nigerians do not take their prescription medications exactly as prescribed. Every year thousands of people are admitted into hospitals because they did not follow the instructions on their medication container.
Do not leave the pharmacy or hospital until you fully understand how to use your medication properly.

Not sure what to ask your pharmacist? Here is a list of questions you can consider:
Why am I taking this medication?
How and when should I take this medication?
Is "four times a day" the same as "every six hours"?
Do I have to wake up during the night to take my medication?
Am I supposed to swallow my medicine with food or water?
Is there anything I should or should not eat or drink while I am taking this medication?
What should I do if I miss my dose, or take two doses close together?
How will I know if this medication is working?
How will I remember to take my medicine?
I have allergies - is it safe for me to take this medication?
Are there any side effects I should watch for? Will it make me sleepy?
Will my medication interact with other drugs?
Can I drink alcohol while I am taking this medication?
Will it be affected by over-the-counter medications like painkillers or antacids?
Will it be affected by vitamins or herbal supplements?
Can I take this medication if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?
When will I feel better?
If I feel better can I stop taking it?
When should I see my doctor?
Can I get my medication in a container that is easier to open?
Where should I keep my medication?

Pharmacist please help me. Itchin on my belly,laps ,butt, pubic ,pennis and partially on my feet &arms. I have tried LORATYN, XONADINE 180& GRAMOCEF-CV Stil nothin worked. Pls help ! God Bless U
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by castrokins(m): 2:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Hi Pharm @Evanscheck And Others, I Have A Few Health Concerns And They're As Follows:

1. Chronic Dandruff Irritant On The Head Especially When Hair Grows.

2. Bumb On The Posterior Part Of My Head That Completely Stops Hair Growth Around That Part.

3. Chronic Eczema Irritant On The Skin. Chronic In That It Goes When I Take Griseofulvin, And Another Medication I'm Still Trying To Remember What It's Called, But The Irritant Will Return After A While.

4. Growth (like bumb) Around The Chest

Kindly Advise Touching On All 4 What Will Remedy These Cases.

Thank You And Let Me Paraphrase You "remain blessed"
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 6:23am On Jun 21, 2016
castrokins:
Hi Pharm @Evanscheck And Others, I Have A Few Health Concerns And They're As Follows:

1. Chronic Dandruff Irritant On The Head Especially When Hair Grows.

2. Bumb On The Posterior Part Of My Head That Completely Stops Hair Growth Around That Part.

3. Chronic Eczema Irritant On The Skin. Chronic In That It Goes When I Take Griseofulvin, And Another Medication I'm Still Trying To Remember What It's Called, But The Irritant Will Return After A While.

4. Growth (like bumb) Around The Chest

Kindly Advise Touching On All 4 What Will Remedy These Cases.

Thank You And Let Me Paraphrase You "remain blessed"

Good day!
Fungi infections are usually very difficult to treat especially when the patient is nt complaint. Complaint in the sense that u never finish d dosages of drugs given,after sometime u stop the drug inappropriately. Treating this particular condition takes time being frank let's say up to 3 months or even more.. that's for that
Focusing on the complain, systemic fungi infection comes to mind due to the nature of disappearing when drugs is given and coming back after sometime.
The medication wud involve u setting up an IV line so I wud recommend hospital for u as I don't recommend taking IV anywhere apart from the hospital. The drug of choice for this condition is ITRACONAZOLE. U wud eventually take the loading doses and then placed on tablet and creams to finish up the treatment .
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by castrokins(m): 7:55am On Jun 21, 2016
Good Morning Pharm

Thank You For Your Prompt Response. I Am Awed By Your Person.

The Other Medication I Tried To Mention Is Nizoral, But I Will Lean To Your Expert Opinion At The End Of This.

For Clarity, Do You Recommend Itraconazole To Battle Those Four Cases? What's Your Recommended Dosage And What Do I Test For In The Hospital?

Thank You Graciously And Remain Blessed, Sir.

MODIFied: What's IV Line, Sir?

evanscheck:

Good day!
Fungi infections are usually very difficult to treat especially when the patient is nt complaint. Complaint in the sense that u never finish d dosages of drugs given,after sometime u stop the drug inappropriately. Treating this particular condition takes time being frank let's say up to 3 months or even more.. that's for that
Focusing on the complain, systemic fungi infection comes to mind due to the nature of disappearing when drugs is given and coming back after sometime.
The medication wud involve u setting up an IV line so I wud recommend hospital for u as I don't recommend taking IV anywhere apart from the hospital. The drug of choice for this condition is ITRACONAZOLE. U wud eventually take the loading doses and then placed on tablet and creams to finish up the treatment .
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2016
castrokins:
Good Morning Pharm

Thank You For Your Prompt Response. I Am Awed By Your Person.

The Other Medication I Tried To Mention Is Nizoral, But I Will Lean To Your Expert Opinion At The End Of This.

For Clarity, Do You Recommend Itraconazole To Battle Those Four Cases? What's Your Recommended Dosage And What Do I Test For In The Hospital?

Thank You Graciously And Remain Blessed, Sir.

MODIFied: What's IV Line, Sir?

Was a little bit busy.
Just get to the hospital. Like as I said,the disease is systemic now.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by initiate: 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hello Pharm

Please what cheaper alternative can one use instead of lonart. Something very effective and very pocket friendly

thanks v much
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Teeboy06(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good afternoon pharmacist and welldone for good work. Pls im feeling chest pain and also feel as if there is something in my throught and this always re occur from time to time over 2 years now.pls reply thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by castrokins(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ok. Thank You, Sir.

evanscheck:

Was a little bit busy.
Just get to the hospital. Like as I said,the disease is systemic now.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by pwettyme(f): 6:29am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
initiate:
Hello Pharm

Please what cheaper alternative can one use instead of lonart. Something very effective and very pocket friendly

thanks v much
That question shud be directed to d pharmacies in ur area. Explain to them and am sure they wud be able to give u something less expensive and u wud still obtain optimum therapeutic benefits.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
pwettyme:
I'm troubled pls help. I've been having this frequent urination for over a year now.. I never took this serious not until 1 month ago. I started taking some prescribed medication such as levofloxacine, doxycycline and flagyl....yet no changes. I was introduced to mist pot cit.. Took it for 1 week but noticed only a little improvement. I don't think it's STD because I have never been involved in sex.. I'm only wondering if it could be an infection I got from staying in the hostel during my university days. Pls help a sister.

Have u done anytest like blood sugar test ,are u on any medication before now.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Teeboy06:
Good afternoon pharmacist and welldone for good work. Pls im feeling chest pain and also feel as if there is something in my throught and this always re occur from time to time over 2 years now.pls reply thanks

If it is reoccuring from time to time! I think u shud do an invasive test. Maybe an xray. Medication can now be given. Thank you
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
evanscheck:

If it is reoccuring from time to time! I think u shud do an invasive test. Maybe an xray. Medication can now be given. Thank you
sir, can you please prescribe drugs that can totally cure bacterial vaginosis.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Creeklion: 6:57am On Jun 25, 2016
"Pls help me" i used samsu oil for the purpose of enjoying sex more but it turned out the other way round, it has made me less active even from the day i used it i now have weak attention. Pls help me on how i can neutralize the effect of this product on my system & get back to the way i used to be.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by initiate: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2016
evanscheck:

That question shud be directed to d pharmacies in ur area. Explain to them and am sure they wud be able to give u something less expensive and u wud still obtain optimum therapeutic benefits.

not at all sir, they love to exploit in my area that's why I came here. anyime I ask for something cheaper they say its not available. so if you can give me the name of the alternative I will be able to demand it specifically

thanks v much
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2016
initiate:

not at all sir, they love to exploit in my area that's why I came here. anyime I ask for something cheaper they say its not available. so if you can give me the name of the alternative I will be able to demand it specifically

thanks v much

There is lumaterm by 24, I think it goes for 350
Coartem by 24 I think it goes for 500
P-alaxin I think it goes for 600
Waipa (dihydroartemisin and piperaquine) I think it goes for 400.
There are so many my dear! I can't even start mentioning all. I just mentiona cheap few
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2016
Creeklion:
"Pls help me" i used samsu oil for the purpose of enjoying sex more but it turned out the other way round, it has made me less active even from the day i used it i now have weak attention. Pls help me on how i can neutralise the effect of this product on my system & get back to the way i used to be.

Samsu oil is made from a natural buhan rubber plants to manage especially erectile dysfunction .it has other uses but it is not well known for it. The good thing abt it is that it is natural does nt stay up to 4 days in the body. So by now it has left the system if it is up to four days.
I wud recommend u use Maca root by forever living product it is slow in action but it wud get u where u want to be. For a quick action, u can get a tadalafil or a sildernafil containing drug. These two drugs are for short term. But the Maca root wud be for long term and it works.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by initiate: 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
thanks v much. I would try the lumartem. do I need to add paracetamol?

evanscheck:

There is lumaterm by 24, I think it goes for 350
Coartem by 24 I think it goes for 500
P-alaxin I think it goes for 600
Waipa (dihydroartemisin and piperaquine) I think it goes for 400.
There are so many my dear! I can't even start mentioning all. I just mentiona cheap few
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Perpetual459: 6:28am On Jun 28, 2016
evanscheck:

The only remedy is to get back to the xasten (dexamethasone).what u are experiencing is the withdrawal effect of steriod (dexamethasone). You wud taper the dosage for a period of 3 months.
The first month u wud take 3 mg. That means u wud have to break the tablet, the second month u wud have to take 2mg, for the last month u wud have to take 1mg (half tablet). Its only in this way u wud stop the drugs. Tanks
hello pharm,I also took xasten for a year(2014) and it really worked for me but immediately I stopped using I started shedding weight to d extent that pple were asking whether I was sick,pls pharm,what is d solution because there's is no amt of food I take I still don't add weight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
Perpetual459:

hello pharm,I also took xasten for a year(2014) and it really worked for me but immediately I stopped using I started shedding weight to d extent that pple were asking whether I was sick,pls pharm,what is d solution because there's is no amt of food I take I still don't add weight?

I wud nt say u shud go back to ur use of xasten cos the drug has side effects and when u stop it u wud go back to ur original form. I wud say u shud accept who u are d way u are. Dats the truth. But if there is money u can do fat grafting and deposit it where u want to. It's expensive and it's only done well in the US. Apart from that accept who u are!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Perpetual459: 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=evanscheck post=47015111]

I wud nt say u shud go back to ur use of xasten cos the drug has side effects and when u stop it u wud go back to ur original form. I wud say u shud accept who u are d way u are. Dats the truth. But if there is money u can do fat grafting and deposit it where u want to. It's expensive and it's only done well in the US. Apart from that accept who u are!
OK thanks
But is there any food supplement u can prescribe just to add a bit of flesh
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mrstheo(f): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hello pharm, God bless u. For the good work u re doing here. In going through a fertility treatment right now and my doc prescribed clomid as one of the medications. Pls what shud I expect from taking dis drugs and what is its side effect? Can I take it with other drugs. Pls help a sister.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Kmartt(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello Pharm, pls how can I get rid of chronic ulcer which has been disturbing my health for couple of years. Thanks!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pls what should i take, am aving chest pain after 2days cough..
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by jamesilo(m): 6:49am On Jul 13, 2016
gudmunin doc evanscheck....pls wat can i use in treating genital warts as fast as posible...tnx
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2016
jamesilo:
gudmunin doc evanscheck....pls wat can i use in treating genital warts as fast as posible...tnx

Am nt a doctor sir, am a pharmacist. To manage genital warts! Use a cream that contain silver nitrate. To make it easy for u there is a popular one called Avoca. Tanxs
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Pls what should i take, am aving chest pain after 2days cough..

What have u taken?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2016
Kmartt:
Hello Pharm, pls how can I get rid of chronic ulcer which has been disturbing my health for couple of years. Thanks!

There are different kind of ulcer. There is the stomach ulcer and the intestinal ulcer. Though intestinal ulcer is nt common but it's good u know cos of the term "chronic".
The standard treatment pattern is proton pump inhibitor / Antibiotics / antacid.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2016
mrstheo:
Hello pharm, God bless u. For the good work u re doing here. In going through a fertility treatment right now and my doc prescribed clomid as one of the medications. Pls what shud I expect from taking dis drugs and what is its side effect? Can I take it with other drugs. Pls help a sister.

These are the kind of questions I like!
Simply put clomid is used to stimulate ovulation. Am sure there are other adjuct u can take along side such as vitamin E, folic acid.
The side effect of these drugs are expected cos it's hormonal. It may cause blur vision, stomach upset, rapid weight gain due to appetite stimulation,bloating, little urination. Note these are just established side effect of the drug, u may be taking the drug and u may nt experience it so u do as the doc said. Take it and if u notice any DISCOMFORTING side effect, ofcos u can report back to ur doctor. Tanxs

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts / The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.