Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (43009 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by carolope(f): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
a follower ask the below question; Bring your plantain farm on plantain thread and lets solve all the challenges you are facing and all your questions

Thanks for following.
I work with some processing companies that buys plantain (price varies according to location) and sometimes sells through my nextwork of buyers in the market.
Market is not a problem.

Where are these companies located?
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by carolope(f): 8:11am On Oct 05, 2016
olamkas:
Thanks for your effort @lesgupnigeria.
I want to ask you a question here. how much is dried plantain chip sold per kilo and where can I sell it to?
Just as you have encouraged on processing plantain to flour,and you rightly talked about the cost which is even higher these days of increased pump price and unfriendly economic condition, I am planning a half way processing line which will stop at drying. so i wish to sell just the dried chip. If I can be successful with that then i can complete the production line to milling and packaging.
But let me know the current price of dried chips per kilo.

Most stores and shops sell plantain flour. Spar currently sells a kg for N1,440.
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by chibuking1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
The major machinery and equipment for production of plantain flour are:Dryer,plantain slicer,Hammer mill with cyclone,Vibro sifter,soaking tanks and packaging machine.
The machineries can be fabricated locally to reduce cost production by Over 20%.
please what is the cost of each of these equipment..i also wanna knw the price/kg of plantain when buying from farmers in bulk..... urgently
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Naijabash(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2016
Discover How To Start Plantain Flour Export Business In Nigeria
The demand for plantain flour in Nigeria and the international market is very high.
Apart from the local demand for plantain flour in the country, large number of Nigerians and other Africans living in Europe, America and Asia has really made packaged plantain flour export business very lucrative. Learn how you too can start earning foreign currencies from Plantain Flour Export Business In Nigeria << CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS>> http://naijabizcom.com/2016/08/22/how-to-start-plantain-flour-export-business-in-nigeria/

Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
olamkas:
Thanks for your effort @lesgupnigeria.
I want to ask you a question here. how much is dried plantain chip sold per kilo and where can I sell it to?
Just as you have encouraged on processing plantain to flour,and you rightly talked about the cost which is even higher these days of increased pump price and unfriendly economic condition, I am planning a half way processing line which will stop at drying. so i wish to sell just the dried chip. If I can be successful with that then i can complete the production line to milling and packaging.
But let me know the current price of dried chips per kilo.

Were they dried with sun or dryer?
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by nadawang: 3:54am On Jan 05, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl7TX6X-b_0
Naijabash:
Discover How To Start Plantain Flour Export Business In Nigeria
The demand for plantain flour in Nigeria and the international market is very high.
Apart from the local demand for plantain flour in the country, large number of Nigerians and other Africans living in Europe, America and Asia has really made packaged plantain flour export business very lucrative. Learn how you too can start earning foreign currencies from Plantain Flour Export Business In Nigeria << CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS>> http://naijabizcom.com/2016/08/22/how-to-start-plantain-flour-export-business-in-nigeria/
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by nadawang: 3:55am On Jan 05, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlhs0fqAzxk
carolope:

Most stores and shops sell plantain flour. Spar currently sells a kg for N1,440.
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by ticon4life(m): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
I like this.
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Osinitu(m): 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
My passion!!!!
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Tatia(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2017
No o, why did you ask?

Farm is dry tho, due to the season but we planted early

Please, what specific month did you plant?

Is it advisable to plant plantain in a swamp land that dries up in dry season - meaning it is not swampy all year round.
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Tatia(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2017
M
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by enyiulo: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2018
How do plantain peels be made flour will it be eating like the main plantain flour or is the plantain flour from the peels is for poultry consumption only i need to be clarified on this
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by enyiulo: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
Yes.... Good day i want to say here that if you can supply plantain in a large quantity please send email to enyidave10@gmail.com for transaction hope to hear from those Supplier.
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by konews: 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
get our Plantain Farming And Processing Business Plan With 3 Years Financial Analysis
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/plantain-farming-and-processing-business-plan-with-3-years-financial-analysis/
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Timmi: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
Have a plantain plantation of about 14,000, will be ready for harvest next year and I am looking for buyers that will purchase wholesale or manufacturers that need the plantain as a by product that can buy. Thanks
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by IRIENBOY(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by Jovar(m): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
Semi Arid Wambugu Apple Seedlings
The normally imported apple, here's hybrid that's compatible with nigeria soil. It starts fruiting in 9-10 months. Between 500 to 2,000 fruits per tree. And it fruits twice per year July /August & December/January.
Far too many people eat apple daily. The demand is high but the only supply is import, border is usually been closed. Apple is a very lucrative gold mine.
Buy well nursed, dwarf very fertile hybrid apple seedlings.

Other dwarf hybrid seedlings available:
Ugu seedlings
Teak seedlings
Cashew seedlings
Pineapple Suckers
Bell apple seedling
Sugar apple seedling
Strawberry seedlings
Noni plant seedlings
Pomegranate seedlings
Xylopia (eeru) seedling
African walnut seedling
Ugu seeds and seedlings
Grafted mango seedlings
Alfalfa seeds and seedlings
Soursop Seeds and Seedlings
Passion fruit seed and seedling
Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedlings
Jumbo guava seeds and seedlings
Dwarf pawpaw seeds and seedlings
Jackfruit / Breadfruit (Nut / Yam type)
Cocoa seedlings, pods & dried raw seeds
Dwarf Semi Arid/ Wambugu apple seedling
Dwarf Oilpalm seedlings(Tenera & Super Gene)
Avocado seedling
Local Pear (Ube) seedling
Hass Avocado(Pear) seedlings
Irvingia gabonensis(oro) seedling
Irvingia wombulu(ogbono) seedling
Cameroon plantain suckers and plantlet
Giant cavendish banana suckers and plantlet
Sweet orange, Grape vine , Lisbon and Indian Lemon, Tangerlo, and double budded seedling of all citrus species
and many other seedlings...

We're behind the Glo office in Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State, you can visit for self pickup, or we help send to anywhere through transport easily.

Jovar Resources™ (RC 2875407)
Call or Whatsapp 08036399734
Call to buy now to enjoy discount.

Re: How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria by banre(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hello guys, please i have a question. Is there a specific market in lagos for plantain flour or is there any market at all where it's sold in large quantities? Nice thread op! Since 2014 but still very green.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) / Photos: My Catfish Pond / How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.