Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span (28539 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income / Starting A Plantain Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by kerriman: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pls lesgupnigeria continue your good work you are one of the few people that inspire me to join agric and so far all your post have been a guiding factor because it serves as a template for me to know what to do,when and where to do them and what prices to buy them if not l would have been cheated .
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Paulordiah(m): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
I have farmland for lease and sale in mojoda epe lagos and odeda abeaokuta for plantain and other crop. We also provide management services. Olu ordiah & Co 08130378328, paulordiah@gmail.com
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Paulordiah: I have farmland for lease and sale in mojoda epe lagos and odeda abeaokuta for plantain and other crop. We also provide management services. Olu ordiah & Co 08130378328, paulordiah@gmail.com
Great.
Where is the land located in odeda and whats the price of the landlease and the sale?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Do you have plantain in large quantities,and want to sell,
kindly call 08164628081,01-7910494

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Mattin(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2014
@Lesgupnigeria,
I wanna go into processing of plantain into flour(locally production for now to cut cost). I will do the buying of raw plantain and, peel it, sun dry it, grind into flour etc. What I am left with is packaging, adding the right nutrients, selling and distribution. Pls guide me through...
Help a bro
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:09am On Aug 22, 2014
Mattin: @Lesgupnigeria,
I wanna go into processing of plantain into flour(locally production for now to cut cost). I will do the buying of raw plantain and, peel it, sun dry it, grind into flour etc. What I am left with is packaging, adding the right nutrients, selling and distribution. Pls guide me through...
Help a bro
you can add me on whatsapp or call me on 08164628081 for more.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by just4just: 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
I am adding u too on whstapps
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
just4just: I am adding u too on whstapps
You can sir...
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Make hay while the sun shine....they say

Now in agric language

Start plantain while rain falls
lolz
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by ihedioramma: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
LETS GET THERE HOW DO I START I JUST COME.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
ihedioramma: LETS GET THERE HOW DO I START I JUST COME.

Do you have a farmland to start?
Do you have experience in plantain farming?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by ihedioramma: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Do you have a farmland to start?
Do you have experience in plantain farming?
I have farmland bout i dont have experience in plantain farming teach me.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
ihedioramma: I have farmland bout i dont have experience in plantain farming teach me.

Very good that you have land.
Where is the farmland located?
The location of the farmland is also an important factor to.consider when siting such venture.
Is the location of the land motorable?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by ihedioramma: 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Very good that you have land.
Where is the farmland located?
The location of the farmland is also an important factor to.consider when siting such venture.
Is the location of the land motorable?
yes.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by christian11(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Plantain farming is one of the most preferred
farming in Nigeria by farmers because of its
high rate of return on investment,good cash
flow monthly and easy management of farms
when well established.
Demand for plantain flour for medicinal
purposes especially for diabetes patient
coupled with high local consumption
demand also make plantain profitable.
This is the cost of our plantain management
programme
1st Stage
Land #60,000/acre
1st plough #5,000
2nd plough #5,000
800 suckers@#50 per sucker #40,000
Planting @#15/sucker #12,000
2nd stage
1st weeding #9,000
3rd stage
2nd weeding #9,000
4th stage
3rd weeding #9000
5th stage
4th weeding #9,000
Harvesting #9,000
Total Cost =#167,000
After 10 months,Assuming 700 suckers
survive and about 500 sucker fruit at
10months after planting with 1 bunch/ plant
= 500 bunch of plantain.
#800/bunch(conservative price,its usually
#1,200 - #1,400)
Income = #800*500 = #400,000
2nd year
1500 bunches are produced (lets be
conservative with 1000 bunches.
Income for year 2 =#800*1000 = #800,000
Year 3
Income =#800*2000 = #1,600,000 and the
income keeps increasing every year.
The payment interval between each stage is
1month
To participate in the programme, send email
to yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
like our page on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria
Wonderful, Op wonderful. But plz and plz answer me this question, it has been the only thing hindering me from collecting loan and possibly venturing into this business. Plantain grow very tall, so what do u do to protect them against being felled by wind. Thanks, looking forward 2 or reply
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2014
ihedioramma: yes.

Good.
Season of plantain cultivation is fast disapearing
What you need now is for land to be ploughed.
Then after ploughing, you buy your suckers from good places.
You can be sure of getting fast growing,disease resistant and high yielding suckers with us.
Planting is the most essential part of plantain which will detrrmine whether you are going to succeed or not
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by ihedioramma: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Good.
You can be sure of getting fast growing,disease resistant and high yielding suckers with us.
Planting is the most essential part of plantain which will detrrmine whether you are going to succeed or not
Am in anambra how can i get the good plantain high yieding suckers? and how many months can it take befor i can get plantain after planting the suckers?.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by ihedioramma: 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Good.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2014
christian11:
Wonderful, Op wonderful. But plz and plz answer me this question, it has been the only thing hindering me from collecting loan and possibly venturing into this business. Plantain grow very tall, so what do u do to protect them against being felled by wind. Thanks, looking forward 2 or reply
Wind is not much a problem if you do the right planting at the right spacing.
It all boils down to good management practices.
Management is still the key to success in plantain farming business.
You need to know a lot of things on the field before planting.
Where is the direction of winds coming from,
whats is the landscape of the area,is it slopy or smooth......lots of inexhaustible questions needed to be answer which i might not be able to write until we are on the farm site where you wanted to cultivate the plantain.
When you are ready to start it up,you can.contact me.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2014
ihedioramma: Am in anambra how can i get the good plantain high yieding suckers? and how many months can it take befor i can get plantain after planting the suckers?.
We can get it across to.you in Anambra.
With proper management,it will take about 10 months from planting to harvesting .
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by christian11(m): 2:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Wind is not much a problem if you do the right planting at the right spacing.
It all boils down to good management practices.
Management is still the key to success in plantain farming business.
You need to know a lot of things on the field before planting.
Where is the direction of winds coming from,
whats is the landscape of the area,is it slopy or smooth......lots of inexhaustible questions needed to be answer which i might not be able to write until we are on the farm site where you wanted to cultivate the plantain.
When you are ready to start it up,you can.contact me.
Okay thank you really much. I'll do that.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2014
christian11:
Okay thank you really much. I'll do that.
You are welcome.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by stint(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2014
please what is the spacing for plantain and how many can be planted per hectare. I need suckers for two hectares of land in a remote area in Osun state. can u give me the cost estimate including transportation.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
stint: please what is the spacing for plantain and how many can be planted per hectare. I need suckers for two hectares of land in a remote area in Osun state. can u give me the cost estimate including transportation.
Spacing of 3m by 3m os suitable.
About 2,500 suckers will be good for 1 hectare.
An improved sucker variety goes for #80/sucker
You can send me an email concerning the cost estimate or check out my previous posts for more.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by EmmaAjayi(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2014
How many suckers will be enough for 5 acres?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 01, 2014
@ lesgupnigeria please sir I have 2 plots of land in ikorodu can I use it for the plantain farming and how much do I need to start the business thank you as u reply
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2014
EmmaAjayi: How many suckers will be enough for 5 acres?
5000 suckers will be enough.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
lekibraky: @ lesgupnigeria please sir I have 2 plots of land in ikorodu can I use it for the plantain farming and how much do I need to start the business thank you as u reply
You can start plantain farming with even 1 plot of land but the thing is don't remain with the 2 plots.
Never stay small !!!
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2014
Without a good management team,your organization is.bound to fail so therefore choose your team wisely
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
EmmaAjayi: How many suckers will be enough for 5 acres?
1000 suckers will be needed for 1acre at 2m*2m spacing.
at least 5,000 suckers will.be enough.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
stint: please what is the spacing for plantain and how many can be planted per hectare. I need suckers for two hectares of land in a remote area in Osun state. can u give me the cost estimate including transportation.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
Plantain business : Another money making business in the agric sector

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Abuja Rice Pyramids Are Being Dismantled - Bashir Ahmad / My Poultry Farming Experience! / Easiest Way To Kill 80pcs Of Snail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.