Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span (28542 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income / Starting A Plantain Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2014
... An employee who is underpaid, dissatisfied
with your present job and you want to become
self-employed
Plantain farming business is good to generate good cash flow for you.
Start with it.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
plz sumone shld help me confirm
is 17500m2 approx 5 acres?

how many suckers will be planted in 17500 sq meters with 2x2 meter spacing?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by securi: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
Monkeys are one if d greatest headache of plantain farming. How can someone prevent monkeys from invading his plantation
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
mercylicious: plz sumone shld help me confirm
is 17500m2 approx 5 acres?

how many suckers will be planted in 17500 sq meters with 2x2 meter spacing?

1 Hectare = 2.5 acres = 10,000 metre sq.
2 Hectares = 5 acres = 20,000 metre sq.
1 acre of land requires about 1,000 suckers while 1 hectare requires 2,500 suckers
2 hectares need about 5,000 suckers with 2m*2m spacing.
4,500 suckers will be enough to plant 17,500 metre sq.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:46am On Sep 07, 2014
securi: Monkeys are one if d greatest headache of plantain farming. How can someone prevent monkeys from invading his plantation
i know monkeys may pose a challenge to plantain because they like it so much.
Monkeys are common in the northern part of the country but plantain are not being grown there because of the unsuitability of their farmlands for plantain.
No case of monkey invasion has been reported in the south because the possibility of monkey specie in the south is near zero and plantain where monkeys are present in large numbers are not being grown in there.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by securi: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
i know monkeys may pose a challenge to plantain because they like it so much.
Monkeys are common in the northern part of the country but plantain are not being grown there because of the unsuitability of their farmlands for plantain.
No case of monkey invasion has been reported in the south because the possibility of monkey specie in the south is near zero and plantain where monkeys are present in large numbers are not being grown in there.
Bros, there are monkeys in the south as well o.l've heard reported cases of monkey invasion, even a farmer l met recently complained dat he experienced it on his farm at Ogbomosho.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:12am On Sep 08, 2014
securi:
Bros, there are monkeys in the south as well o.l've heard reported cases of monkey invasion, even a farmer l met recently complained dat he experienced it on his farm at Ogbomosho.

Ok.
We have been farming in ogbomoso for the past few years and we have not have or heard any issue of monkey invading plantain plantation.

In about half a decade experience in my farming business,i have not had that before.
If i may ask;
Where is the farm located in ogbomoso?
Are you based in ogbomoso?
If you are, we can schedule a time to meet and go to the farm?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by FarmTech(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.
We have been farming in ogbomoso for the past few years and we have not have or heard any issue of monkey invading plantain plantation.

In about half a decade experience in my farming business,i have not had that before.
If i may ask;
Where is the farm located in ogbomoso?
Are you based in ogbomoso?
If you are, we can schedule a time to meet and go to the farm?

There is no problem without a solutn. Monkeys? Leave dogs in the farm.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2014
FarmTech:
laughing out loud...Dog ke
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Just in case you are already thinking of
leaving the country in search of a greener pasture
elsewhere, I want you to get that thought away
from your mind right now because it is just
about to get better.
Your Greeners Pasture is Agriculture,
You can make a lot of money right here in
Nigeria through agribusiness.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by FarmTech(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Just in case you are already thinking of
leaving the country in search of a greener pasture
elsewhere, I want you to get that thought away
from your mind right now because it is just
about to get better.
Your Greeners Pasture is Agriculture,
You can make a lot of money right here in
Nigeria through agribusiness.
True. That's why I've been looking for people to partner with in Anambra. Anyone intersted should pls contact me.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
It is not true that money is not in agricbusiness but one thing i can tell you as an agro-preneur is that you need to start from somewhere and start Now.

There is enormous Money to be made in this sector.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by stint(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
please I need quality and cheap plantain suckers urgently. I need about 3000. please contact me on olutinuoye@gmail.com
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by teeboo: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Pls which area is d land in ibadan I'll need a land in ibadan I'll like to go into plantain farming
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
stint: please I need quality and cheap plantain suckers urgently. I need about 3000. please contact me on olutinuoye@gmail.com or 07068726911
You can send an email of your location and adress to me so arrangement can be made as soon as possible
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by snowballa: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: I read agriculture, I have worked with finance company for a while, just decided recently that I want to start up with agrobiz... Do you have your oofice in Lagos.. Am interested in plaintain biz
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
snowballa: Lesgupnigeria: I read agriculture, I have worked with finance company for a while, just decided recently that I want to start up with agrobiz... Do you have your oofice in Lagos.. Am interested in plaintain biz
call me on 08164628081 or add me on whatsapp to discuss more.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
FarmTech:

Thw ppl dt cleared my farmland told me they saw monkeys in d neighbouring farms arnd, i called d guy at iita and he advised dt scarecrow be used. Dt if monkeys are much in d area, bells be added to d scarecrow so dt they make now as the wind blows.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
FarmTech:

Thw ppl dt cleared my farmland told me they saw monkeys in d neighbouring farms arnd, i called d guy at iita and he advised dt scarecrow be used. Dt if monkeys are much in d area, bells be added to d scarecrow so dt they make now as the wind blows.

A friend told me dt d monkeys only pluck ripe plantain, so there is no issue if u dont leave ur plantain to ripe
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by FarmTech(m): 1:58am On Sep 15, 2014
mercylicious:

That would be better.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
mercylicious:

A friend told me dt d monkeys only pluck ripe plantain, so there is no issue if u dont leave ur plantain to ripe

Ok o
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by snowballa: 2:23am On Oct 06, 2014
How to you handle the weeding aspect
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:19am On Oct 07, 2014
snowballa:
How to you handle the weeding aspect

I always intercrop my plantain farms with other crops to ease and reduce the weeding cost.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by snowballa: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2014
What type of crop do you intercrop with it
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by securi: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Does anyone knows how l can reach Mr Abu Shelu of Shelu Farms Ltd lkorodu.l need to get in touch with him quickly.Thanks
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by world1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
Biodun201:
I need some hectares of land to buy for plantain plantation. Pls contact me on alasoluyi@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Land is available in Ogun state. Along Lagos/Abeokuta expressway lala town. So call me +2348065220074
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by snowballa: 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
world1:

Land is available in Ogun state. Along Lagos/Abeokuta expressway lala town. So call me +2348065220074
. How much
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Kollybrightu(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Can plantain be exported to foreign country.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by emmaeny(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2014
Sir on plantain i can say you need to reconsider that most time your suckers are not of same size and might not bear fruit at the same time so you can really do that projection of sells as you have stated like if you plant 800 suckers and after 10months the first batch comes out like 20 plantain fruit at same time and may be after another 2weeks another set of 10 comes out with fruit, with these you cant really make much because even the market women will come and give you a very ridiculous price.
the best bet is to get to sell to a processing plant or process it yourself into any end product
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
snowballa:
What type of crop do you intercrop with it

Watermelon and cassava can be intercrop with it provided the land is not waterlogged.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
aote author=emmaeny post=26963531]Sir on plantain i can say you need to reconsider that most time your suckers are not of same size and might not bear fruit at the same time so you can really do that projection of sells as you have stated like if you plant 800 suckers and after 10months the first batch comes out like 20 plantain fruit at same time and may be after another 2weeks another set of 10 comes out with fruit, with these you cant really make much because even the market women will come and give you a very ridiculous price.
the best bet is to get to sell to a processing plant or process it yourself into any end product[/quote]

have u been in d business b4? i dont see d issue of selling at a ridiculous price arise. make contacts with the end users b4 u start harvesting. here, an avg bunch sells for 1200 so it is easy to sell at a give away price of 800 to 1000.
Also, for any business u want to embark on, make sure u do ur mkt survey b4 u start. There are lots of plantain mkt here, some sell on special days- twice a week while others sell everyday.

The only area i tink might be a problem wil be with security. u juat hv to make provision for security during the fruiting season.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
processing plantain to the end product will be good, but make sure u dont over stress urself by putting so many fingers in d mouth at the same time. it shld be a gradual process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Abuja Rice Pyramids Are Being Dismantled - Bashir Ahmad / My Poultry Farming Experience! / Easiest Way To Kill 80pcs Of Snail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.