Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:56 AM

Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span (29094 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income / Starting A Plantain Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
Plantain farming is one of the most preferred
farming in Nigeria by farmers because of its
high rate of return on investment,good cash
flow monthly and easy management of farms
when well established.
Demand for plantain flour for medicinal
purposes especially for diabetes patient
coupled with high local consumption
demand also make plantain profitable.

like our page on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
You can never go.wrong with plantain.farming business,Start your investnent now.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
The great advantage plantain farming have over all other crop farming is that it gives sufficient cashflow for the investor and agro-entrepreneurs.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
Another beauty about Plantain farming business is that it generate cash for you for decades.
Land can be leased for a long time,let say 10years or above. Outright buying of the land is also possible. Villages and town with good road network and where land are relatively cheap can also be good for cultivation.
like us on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria for more wealth creating information.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by dytbabe: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
The land is for sale or lease?
Location?
And how is the payment made
All the 167k includes, planting, cultivating and managing?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by clementcro(m): 9:25am On Jul 01, 2014
where do you have lands, I need some for lease or sale for plantain farming, please send me a mail clementcrownrise@gmail.com.

THanks
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Biodun201: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
I need some hectares of land to buy for plantain plantation. Pls contact me on alasoluyi@yahoo.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
dyt babe: The land is for sale or lease?
Location?
And how is the payment made
All the 167k includes, planting, cultivating and managing?
Payment Made stage by stage.
167K excluding management.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by dytbabe: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Payment Made stage by stage.
167K excluding management.

Ehn ehn
Iyen wan ooo
grin grin grin

U haven't said nothing abt the land and inspections o
Management fee paid at the end of cultivation?

Don't mind my questions o, I am so interested bt don't have much cash at hand
Wldnt mind to do both plantain and cassava or I do just one, jst tryin weigh both options
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by nurey(m): 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
You did not talk on soil analysis. if the is infected with nematodes then forget any plant survival. also not all soils can support plant growth.
plantain is a heavy feeder on soil nutrients so after the 1st year if u dont apply fertilizer be prepared for drop in output. also to embark on plantation farming on 1 hectare, u need a sustainable land management practice because of the tropical soil condition.
also infestation by insect and pest u didnt put that into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by dytbabe: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
Interesting

Pls more info
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by christlyke(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
How many months does it take plantain to be ready for harvest?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
clementcro: where do you have lands, I need some for lease or sale for plantain farming, please send me a mail clementcrownrise@gmail.com.

THanks
Call 01-7910494 or 08164628081
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
christlyke: How many months does it take plantain to be ready for harvest?
It takes 10months.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
christlyke: How many months does it take plantain to be ready for harvest?
It takes 10months.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
nurey: You did not talk on soil analysis. if the is infected with nematodes then forget any plant survival. also not all soils can support plant growth.
plantain is a heavy feeder on soil nutrients so after the 1st year if u dont apply fertilizer be prepared for drop in output. also to embark on plantation farming on 1 hectare, u need a sustainable land management practice because of the tropical soil condition.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
nurey: You did not talk on soil analysis. if the is infected with nematodes then forget any plant survival. also not all soils can support plant growth.
plantain is a heavy feeder on soil nutrients so after the 1st year if u dont apply fertilizer be prepared for drop in output. also to embark plantation farming on 1 hectare, u need a sustainable land management practice because of the tropical soil condition.
Good observation.
Our plantain suckers are treated with bactericide to prevent outbreak of diseases.
With a sustainable management practices as you have said not necessarily with addition of inorganic fertilisers.
Integrated management approach will sustain the production of plantain and at the same time will reduce the application of insecticide and reduce cost of.production on the longrun.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by clementcro(m): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
How many plantain sucker can be planted on a hectre(2 and half acres)? someone told me 3000+ i would like to confirm from . Lesgupnigeria
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2014
clementcro: How many plantain sucker can be planted on a hectre(2 and half acres)? someone told me 3000+ i would like to confirm from . Lesgupnigeria
Number of plantain suckers to be planted Depends on spacing.
3m*3m spacing will require about 1,100 suckers while 5m*5m will require about 500 suckers.
Spacing is determine by the use the investor want to put the farmland into,whether he wants to intercrop with other crops or planted solely.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by clementcro(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nope I just want to plant only plantain.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by nurey(m): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2014
At op, u talked about being treated with bactericide but the suckers u will replant will not be treated with it except the treatment is genetically applied then it can be transferred or u will have to resell new sucker every year.
i dont believe ur inorganic and doing away of use of insecticide, the back bone of large farming is use of appropriate chemicals in required quantities.
also the stem of harvested plantain have to be destroyed by removal or burning because it can habor pest and diseases which may cause sigatoka virus or bunching up.
4 a 25yrs life span these a the things u need
1. a sustainable land rejuvenation plan with organic or inorganic fertilizer. note if the land ur using was cleared using tractor u will need fertilizer due to removal of top soil.
2. total replanting of the field due to hybrid vigour accumulation and to reduce difference in fruiting cycle.

op please help clarify these and lets know the farms u currently manage

2 Likes

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
clementcro: Nope I just want to plant only plantain.
About 2,500 suckers would be good for 1Hectare.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by enomakos(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Plantain farming is one of the most preferred
farming in Nigeria by farmers because of its
high rate of return on investment,good cash
flow monthly and easy management of farms
when well established.
Demand for plantain flour for medicinal
purposes especially for diabetes patient
coupled with high local consumption
demand also make plantain profitable.
This is the cost of our plantain management
programme
1st Stage
Land #60,000/acre
1st plough #5,000
2nd plough #5,000
800 suckers@#50 per sucker #40,000
Planting @#15/sucker #12,000
2nd stage
1st weeding #9,000
3rd stage
2nd weeding #9,000
4th stage
3rd weeding #9000
5th stage
4th weeding #9,000
Harvesting #9,000
Total Cost =#167,000
After 10 months,Assuming 700 suckers
survive and about 500 sucker fruit at
10months after planting with 1 bunch/ plant
= 500 bunch of plantain.
#800/bunch(conservative price,its usually
#1,200 - #1,400)
Income = #800*500 = #400,000
2nd year
1500 bunches are produced (lets be
conservative with 1000 bunches.
Income for year 2 =#800*1000 = #800,000
Year 3
Income =#800*2000 = #1,600,000 and the
income keeps increasing every year.
The payment interval between each stage is
1month
To participate in the programme, send email
to yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
like our page on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria
is the land for sale or lease? where is the land location?
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
enomakos: is the land for sale or lease? where is the land location?
Land for sale and not for lease.
Land located in Ibadan and Oyo town.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by enomakos(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Land for sale and not for lease.
Land located in Ibadan and Oyo town.
ok thanks
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:13am On Jul 09, 2014
enomakos: ok thanks
you are welcome Sir.

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Pavore9: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2014
Reading...
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by yusu11: 11:52am On Jul 09, 2014
good observaton there! a very vital fact to put into consideration.
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pavore9: Reading...
Thanks sir for reading
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Pavore9: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Thanks sir for reading
lt is a pleasure and as l follow the thread my mind is floating around a program l watch here on a kenya TV on how people are making money from post harvest wastes of plantain!

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2014
Pavore9: lt is a pleasure and as l follow the thread my mind is floating around a program l watch here on a kenya TV on how people are making money from post harvest wastes of plantain!
Great.Kindly share it on this thread.Thanks
Re: Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
clementcro: where do you have lands, I need some for lease or sale for plantain farming, please send me a mail clementcrownrise@gmail.com.

THanks
did you receive any message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / A Nairalanders Palm Oil Mill / Pictures Of Obasanjo Encouraging Young Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.