Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan (40620 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC / Photo: Very Dirty Nigerian Police Post In Ijebu-ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Why are you here when you can be in your adopted country's forum? Human beings built those places we are so proud to call "my country".

I just reread your post and realized you were too stúpid to realize I was referring to YOU when I said tribalists are uneducated and have been failed by their country.

Secondly, I'm not a Northerner just because I disagree with you. I'm Cross Riverian.

Thirdly, I'm here on NL to understand Nigeria because I plan to use my master's degree to reform whatever small corner of Nigeria I can, because the people I LOVE live there. But I know you don't understand patriotism.

I should be asking you why you aren't on a Nigerian Forum. So, what are you doing here?

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by atlwireles: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
[s]
MissMeiya:

I just reread your post and realized you were stúpid to realize I was referring to YOU when I said tribalists are uneducated and have been failed by their country.

Secondly, I'm not a Northerner just because I disagree with you. I'm Cross Riverian.

Thirdly, I'm here on NL to understand Nigeria because I plan to use my master's degree to reform whatever small corner of Nigeria I can, because the people I LOVE live there. But I know you don't understand patriotism.

I should be asking you why you aren't on a Nigerian Forum. So, what are you doing here?
[/s]
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
atlwireles:

The CCTV contract was for crime prevention. It was not 100% shield against crime. By the way the major program with CCTV is a frequency problem, the engineers are working on it. The 2nd Nyanya bombing like every other bombing, will be stoppable when Islamic mad men repent. Some of you don't understand the problem, we are currently facing in this country.
We understand the problem in this country, u guys underestimate and trivialize. We are saying let's go hard and fix the problem; you guys are saying " let's party till 2015" the problems will go away. There is no "fierce urgency of now" to get things fixed. You are hoping that everybody is going to turn a new leaf, how about sacking every police office; hoping that everyone would any crime? Closing all court houses; hoping that there would be no cases or folks on the wrong side of the law?

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
@atlwireles
Are you lonely? Did I call you?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Ijaya123: 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
DesChyko: Has APC infiltrated New York Post?
I'm quite disappointed with this newsbit.
If they weren't going to input anything constructive than this blame, they had better sheathed their pens.
In the face of these threats, the last thing we will welcome is external pen pressure.
Nigerians generate enough mass 'pressure' as it seems.
You're talking like your president, clueless & incompetent. The only thing he's good at is the blame game.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by aresa: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:
As long as they stay in their neck of the woods and bomb their people to oblivion its cool by me, no need to repent.

And what if they don't stop? You are still helpless right?

Mogidi:

How feasible do you think it will be to arrest the Buko hari leader Buhari? The entire feudal north will see it as an attack on Islam.

I know your type so it's time I stop wasting my time and ignore your type.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
atlwireles:

The CCTV contract was for crime prevention. It was not 100% shield against crime. By the way the major program with CCTV is a frequency problem, the engineers are working on it. The 2nd Nyanya bombing like every other bombing, will be stoppable when Islamic mad men repent. Some of you don't understand the problem, we are currently facing in this country.
So how much terrorism has it prevented? How has law enforcement used intelligence gathered from its installation to stop and thwart terrorism? Do you know how many military humvees and amours $470m could have procured for our soldiers?

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

I just reread your post and realized you were stúpid to realize I was referring to YOU when I said tribalists are uneducated and have been failed by their country.

You understand patriotism yet you were vitriolic and poured scorn on Nigeria because you were granted asylum in your present country, incredible double speak.
FYI am from Edo state.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Ijaya123: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
godG: Who cares about their jaundiced and prejudiced views? All I know is that GEJ will lead this country till 2019. Haters can go and find solace in another country.

You are an apology. Where is ur thinking cap?

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by atlwireles: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
We understand the problem in this country, u guys underestimate and trivialize. We are saying let's go hard and fix the problem; you guys are saying " let's party till 2015" the problems will go away. There is no "fierce urgency of now" to get things fixed. You are hoping that everybody is going to turn a new leaf, how about sacking every police office; hoping that everyone would any crime? Closing all court houses; hoping that there would be no cases or folks on the wrong side of the law?

I'm not hoping for anything, I'm wishing the intent of this bombers and their supporters remain a mirage. I still maintain, you don't understand what's going on in this country.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by atlwireles: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
So how much terrorism has it prevented? How has law enforcement used intelligence gathered from its installation to stop and thwart terrorism? Do you know how many military humvees and amours $470m could have procured for our soldiers?

Move this conversation forward and avoid unnecessary gibberish.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
atlwireles:

I'm not hoping for anything, I'm wishing the intent of this bombers and their supporters remain a mirage. I still maintain, you don't understand what's going on in this country.
If you and GEJ understand the problem, why don't u guys fix the damn problem? Are u saying that problem known is problem unresolved?

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
atlwireles:

Move this conversation forward and avoid unnecessary gibberish.
Which is hoping that Islamic terrorists become repentant born again pastors?

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Yet anytime I claim I have a very foolish man as president, some fools will just love to shame their parents publicly.
It's now a known fact worldwide that Jonathan is incompetent.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by abdul4new(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
caseless: Tell jonathan that he has a very bad image internationally and even if he spend 1 billion dollar and, not d 1million he paid levick, the world can't see him differently. He's a clueless and a zero-ability president.
100% on point jan

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Demdem: Yet anytime I claim I have a very foolish man as president, some fools will just love to shame their parents publicly.
I hope you're paid per stew-pid remarks, you must be a millionaire now
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:
I hope you're paid per stew-pid remarks, you must be a millionaire now

Fool, because u are paid doesn't mean the rest of us are paid also.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by fairheven: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Why don't people like you blame those who said they'd make Nigeria ungovernable? Why don't you direct your anger at the radical religion rewarding jihad? Stop chasing shadows because we know the root cause of this mayhem is to force a muslim president on us.

If Jonathan is bold enof then he shuld as well make
Their lives miserable.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
fairheven:

If Jonathan is bold enof then he shuld as well make
Their lives miserable.

That would be like declaring war on the north, he's too peaceful to want to do that.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 6:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Its you that don't get it, my point is let them kill themselves, this is great way to decrease our ever increasing population.
This guy has lost it. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
authority2006: This guy has lost it. Simple.

Let me repeat it, if you guys wanna kill ya selves, go ahead.

Comprehend?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

You understand patriotism yet you were vitriolic and poured scorn on Nigeria because you were granted asylum in your present country, incredible double speak.
FYI am from Edo state.

Who was pouring scorn on Nigeria? I despise tribalists and corrupt, inept governance. To me, that IS NOT NIGERIA. To me, Nigeria is better than that.

I wasn't granted asylum, I was born here. Why else would I need to learn about Nigerians online?

Didn't ask where you're from.. I'm not a tribalist like you. A Nigerian is a Nigerian, to me.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
Nope, this person spewing rubbish is educated. The problem with Naija is that we have "it's my turn to loot mentality. Abach and OBJ did it, therefore, GEJ can do it.
There are different level of education. In terms of knowing government responsibility, the guy needs serious education.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
millionaireman: Part of the money to launder the image of Jonathan's presidency did not get to New York Post - that's New York Post's wahala here. Else how many times did New York Post carry editorials on the events in all the country's of the world? By the way, a government setting out to launder its image in the Western world and elsewhere is no offence.
How many times have you read New York Times editorials.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
atlwireles:

To God, you are abusing your right to freedom of speech. You are intelligent but I will put you in the category of IBB.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Arnoldo(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
caseless: but posterity will judge him. Do u think that it is all about election/votin? He can buy vote/election, but he can't buy good name. Evil that men do live with them.
and what evil has he done?....this is a Nigerian problem not a Jonathan,PDP or Niger delta problem.. he didn't bring bokoharam into 9ja.....bokoharam came in d year2000 and started building a strong army......do u think wiping them will be easy......now is the time for everybody to pray and give our own advice to d President instead ppl like lai Mohammed will be politicising it.........if I may ask....if u were d President wat will u do?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Arnoldo(m): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
Demdem: Yet anytime I claim I have a very foolish man as president, some fools will just love to shame their parents publicly.
wat makes u wiser? u think 9ja President seat na seat of course rep?...wake up...Jonathan has done very well in many aspect even with d problem of insecurity and dis extremists want to destroy his gud work because they know his capability......I use to call him a fool b4 not until I studied d situation and discovered this is a dirty political game
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Why are you here when you can be in your adopted country's forum? Human beings built those places we are so proud to call "my country".
Unfortunately, we can't build anything in Nigeria with people like you and your mentality around.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by aresa: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
Arnoldo: and what evil has he done?....this is a Nigerian problem not a Jonathan,PDP or Niger delta problem.. he didn't bring bokoharam into 9ja.....bokoharam came in d year2000 and started building a strong army......do u think wiping them will be easy......now is the time for everybody to pray and give our own advice to d President instead ppl like lai Mohammed will be politicising it.........if I may ask....if u were d President wat will u do?

Your president knelt down before all the fake apostles in Nigerian and asked us to pray instead of doing his job as the commander in chief and the chief law enforcement officer. And since he's figured out that his prayers didn't help and his apostles are all useless including his self appointed bling bling CAN pastor so he decided to look out for himself and his image hence hiring Americans with your money to make him look good, but your money can not make him look good, only his actions and good deeds can.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Arnoldo(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
aresa:

Your president knelt down before all the fake apostles in Nigerian and asked us to pray instead of doing his job as the commander in chief and the chief law enforcement officer. And since he's figured out that his prayers didn't help and his apostles are all useless including his self appointed bling bling CAN pastor so he decided to look out for himself and his image hence hiring Americans with your money to make him look good, but your money can not make you look good, only your actions and good deeds can.

I just don't know what to call u...u said fake apostles.... I think a reasonable person won't judge a man of God or may be u were not taught DAT in ur hollybook cos its extremists like u DAT boko like to employ........I asked wat bad has he done ...
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by aresa: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Arnoldo: I just don't know what to call u...u said fake apostles.... I think a reasonable person won't judge a man of God or may be u were not taught DAT in ur hollybook cos its extremists like u DAT boko like to employ........I asked wat bad has he done ...

lol at man of God. You people amuse me sometimes. Instead of your president doing his job, fighting Boko Haram and bringing back our girls, all he's worried about is his image hence hiring Americans to make him look good.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Let me repeat it, if you guys wanna kill ya selves, go ahead.

Comprehend?
We are not ethnic bigots like you. How many Abokis are on this site? The fact that we don't reason like you shouldn't make us Northerners. Do you get it?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Weapons Recovered From Criminals By Soldiers In The North. Photos / Nigerian Arrested With Girlfriend For Cocaine Dealing In Thailand / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.