Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,207 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

When An Adult Visitor Bedwets - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When An Adult Visitor Bedwets (19130 Views)

Dieffenbachia Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 / 100-minute-old Baby Saves An Adult Stranger's Life / Heart Visitor In Battle For Heart Transplant Dies At 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Fatdon(m): 6:14am On Jul 03, 2014
[b]Your girlfriend really should go for a
doctors visit. Urinary
incontinence/Nocturnal enuresis is
caused by so many factors. If she is still very young, she could
have stress related incontinence.
She may even suffer from mixed
incontinence. This is when a
patient experiences more than one
type of urinary incontinence (stress incontinence combined
with urge incontinence). In this
case one type can be more
bothersome than the other. Other factors to observer: Does she drink alcohol?
Is she over-hydrated?
Is she dehydrated?
Does she drink too much caffeine?
Does she have bladder irritation
caused by drinking carbonated drinks like tea, coffee and soda.
Pregnancy can also cause
nocturnal urination. Through physical examination,
urologic and neurologic
evaluation and urine tests, the
doctor may be able to ascertain
the cause of the condition. Adult
enuresis can be a symptom of much worse underlying conditions
such as urinary tract infection
(UTI). In addition, secondary
enuresis could be a result of
bladder cancer in rare cases. Though in most cases, deep-sleep
disorder is the main reason for
adult enuresis. Asleep so deeply,
the brain fails to react to the
signals sent by the bladder, in
which case, the bladder unintentionally empties.[/b]

1 Like

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Siddeek: 6:15am On Jul 03, 2014
Trendy247: buy @least N1000 superglue and keep, wheneva ur girlfriend or friend dat piss coms around n wants to pass d night, use d superglue n gum d hole dat d piss normally coms out from... Thank me later
mad man
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by davdandam(m): 6:15am On Jul 03, 2014
This is a gehn gehn issue. ....if you ask me,Na who I go ask...he should buy air beds for them o.Na only cloth go dey get issues lol
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by GboyegaD(m): 6:19am On Jul 03, 2014
He can help by advising them to get more conscious when they sleep. They could also use alarm to wake up every 15minutes and later increase it over time.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by onyeuka: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Henry praise: Dear Nlanders, a frnd of mine narrated a situation n asked 4 my help, tot I shud share it here. D situation cums up in 2 diff cases

His gf bedwets. D first tym she owned up n d second tym she started lyin n sayin its sweat. Accordin to him, its not d bedwettin dat gets him angry, its d fact dat she was lyin dat its not piss but sweat dat is really puttin him off.

The second case: a frnd came around (an adult above 30) he slept in his huz infact same bed n by mornin he discovers his frnd has bed wet.

His question how shud he handle des 2 seperate situations?

N wat can be don to a mattress that have bin soiled wit piss(takin it outside to sun will alert d neighbours dat he bedwets.

N.B: he is a bachelor
my dear check that your bed wella, I suspect the bed, the bed need serious prayer

1 Like

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 03, 2014
Chisos!

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Donnas: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2014
May be both of them are suffering from weak blader. In this case they need some drugs and injection.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2014
angry its sweat, stop laying false accusation to this gal
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by weyham(m): 6:58am On Jul 03, 2014
Hey bros, Lol. Its either ur bed is possessed or you are possessed or the house you are living is possessed. How can two separate people came for a visit at different times and same thing happened. Original Gobe.

2 Likes

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by temzybabe(f): 6:58am On Jul 03, 2014
It depends on how old your gf is.. If she's still around 15, its still better.. cheesy.. Yeah better. But if she's above 15, carry her to synagogue abeg.. It is not her fault. No one wants that.. I can remember that I stoppd bedwetting around 14.. Chaiiiii.. It was a very trying and tormenting period for me. But my dad was d only one that stood by me. Lol.. He usd to tell me that ppl that stop bedwetting very late do become very sucessful in life.. He even told me big men like George Bush and Obasanjo stoppd bedwetting late in life grin . It was later I knew he usd to tell me all dos things just to make me feel good.. If you love her, look for solutions together. Its not like she's happy abt it either

2 Likes

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by eduxerxes: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2014
strangest: Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets
then he/she needs deliverance because its a condition that is out of the ordinary!
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by ziziponsche(m): 7:04am On Jul 03, 2014
I am a victim of the above urinary malfunction.The problem here is called enuresis. This could be as a result of the bladder bn unable to hold water for a long period of tym dereby causing a sensation in urinary tract and the pee is out. Pple stigmatise against it so bad, which is actually wrong. I am 20+ now and i av bn able to tackle dis problem. Its not a disease but a malfunction and can be reduced by less intake of water at the late hours of the day. The person must learn to empty is bladder b4 going to bed to d last drop (just be patient). There is no lasting solution to it as far as am concerned cos it also maybe as a result of surgery done below the belly button. This is few i can say.....but also visit a medical adviser on it so as to help the pple involved (if not the bachelor hiding in shadows). As for me i dont visit doctors anymore, i am my own doctor and i dont administer drugs to myself because any drug claimed to be manufactured for the use is just to scoop your funds(Cant say if u gt a potent charm sha). Well i thank my parents for d monies dey've spent in d past, may i be able to repay them. NB: there are millions of pple living with it across the world, stop d stigma and jux help a friend #shikena. God Bless Seun, Op's, Mod's n Nairalanders. Amin.

8 Likes

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2014
5minsmadness:

The bed is possessed.
bwah ah ah. Lmao!
You are as possessed as the bed. Cos you quoted the whole post of the Op just to type shikini sentence.
Last Bullet
To the topic.
Op, if your story is true & this didn't happen to you or your friend.
Those people need help.
They should consume less liquid before going to bed at night & make sure they urinate well before going to bed.
If symptom persit, then its an attack from your village or their village.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by myspnigeria: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2014
This one na serious gobe
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Onyiido: 7:15am On Jul 03, 2014
Trendy247: buy @least N1000 superglue and keep, wheneva ur girlfriend or friend dat piss coms around n wants to pass d night, use d superglue n gum d hole dat d piss normally coms out from... Thank me later
. U wicked ooo. U wan block the abunna
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by tunapawizzy: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Case1: ur friend, his galfriend, the mattress ; outcome: wet bed. Case2: ur friend, his friend, the mattress ; outcome: wet bed. Now collect d like terms from both cases. U have (ur friend, the mattress; outcome: wet bed.) Now u knw where d problem is coming from

4 Likes

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 03, 2014
Its nothing to be ashamed about, really. Its a failure of development which tends to run in some families and although therapy is usually started at a much earlier age, he'll still benefit from seeing a doctor and discussing his options. ( ps: i am assuming he has never been dry)
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 03, 2014
he should be happy its not a wet dream
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Yemlizzy(f): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Eeyah,it must have been so embarrasing for both of them. They should both see a doctor asap. There is every probability that when they were little they do bedwet,maybe it never stopped. They should seek help with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Mooye41(m): 7:36am On Jul 03, 2014
Henry praise: Dear Nlanders, a frnd of mine narrated a situation n asked 4 my help, tot I shud share it here. D situation cums up in 2 diff cases

His gf bedwets. D first tym she owned up n d second tym she started lyin n sayin its sweat. Accordin to him, its not d bedwettin dat gets him angry, its d fact dat she was lyin dat its not piss but sweat dat is really puttin him off.

The second case: a frnd came around (an adult above 30) he slept in his huz infact same bed n by mornin he discovers his frnd has bed wet.

N wat can be don to a mattress that have bin soiled wit piss(takin it outside to sun will alert d neighbours dat he bedwets.

. Get them extra- large pampers!!! It will be the safest solutions.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Emperorx: 7:37am On Jul 03, 2014

May be your room is too confortable for them so they they forget themselves.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2014
See them. All of them don de talk as if they dnt hav shameful activities they do. Mchew! OP, advise them to practise Kegel exercise (google it, i no get strength to xplain) and always sleep face up. Thank me later
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Revolva(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2014
if u try dat or my house na can dem go take flog ur life..ur bed weeting go stop....lol
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by IdomaLikita: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Be Nice Enough To Place A Pack Of Adult Pampers Permanently and Conspicuously By The Bedside!

They'll take it from there!
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by ziziponsche(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2014
Mooye41: . Get them extra- large pampers!!! It will be the safest solutions.
lol!
D ff measure might be useful to anyone reading dis and a doctor can attest to it. I av decided to 4get d medical shiii!t and go for some oda help cos all you do is keep spending and bcom a drug addict. But if ur pocket gara gan No p.
D use of alarms hav bn used too ova d years in place drugs so as to help the patient. It is attached to the sleepn wear to detect moist. But if d person too like sleep E myt need some1 to help when d alarm blows. Some drugs have bn prescribed too but dey are of no use cos they'll work for a short period of tym or not work @ all. Patients can increase ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) using desnopresin in pill form or mist form wch is applied into the nostrills. But when dis medication is stopped it relapses at a high rate(75-90%). Inipramine Tab can be used too but result is achieved in < 13% patients. Dere is dis drug for bladder muscle function reduction cant rememba d name very well but it belongs to the butynin family.
Self discipline is d best, dry bed training, urinating intermitently and no caffiene items (even dough i like 3-in1 nescafe ). With dis few measures of mine i hope the Op can realy d message and also make this an health topic because a lot of pple are lvn with the disorder but are keeping it to themselves. Thank U.

1 Like

Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by IAMBREEZY: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2014
This is serious as my pal usually say.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by adanny01(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2014

First of all, your friend is supposed to understand that for an adult who bedwets its extremely embarassing. So if she did, he should soft pedal on her and get her treatment while trying his best to avoid embarassing her.

Secondly, the girl has her issues not for denying but for sleeping in his house knowing her condition. She is most certainly embarassing her self whenever she sleeps outside her own home. If she is grown, she should have known by now how to manage her problem.

On your friends friend, he should just avoid the guy sleeping over.

Overall, bedwetting has a stigma, no one should stimatize especially when you know the cause is not as a result of laziness, negligence or lack of self control.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by bubbleforth: 8:11am On Jul 03, 2014
At times cold weather causes some people to over sleep and pass out urine while asleep. People like that may not need AC to be on or can at full speed, or better yet the environment generally like we have around 1004 estates.

Discussing with those involved will really help to nail what the problems are. Late night alcohols for some people could also cause it.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by blackwood(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2014
parismarc: Lol, this is serious, may I never encounter such, it's too embarassing a situation. If the adult visitor is not on an extended visit, he can wave it aside, asper his galfriend, he should take her to a doctor to get her treated, if she insists on lying, then he should do the needful.
No need to take the matrass outside, just remove the bed cover, open ur windows, put ur fan directly on d spot,u can also use water, disinfectant and rag to clean the affected spot before u air the matrass in the room.
@ op, I hope its not the owner of the house bed wetting and trying to shift the blame to his poor visitors because this coincidence is just too much.

my thoughts exactly
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by Hayorstimmy: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2014
undecidedDoctors on strike.....
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by streetzdreamz(m): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2014
temzy babe: It depends on how old your gf is.. If she's still around 15, its still better.. cheesy.. Yeah better. But if she's above 15, carry her to synagogue abeg.. It is not her fault. No one wants that.. I can remember that I stoppd bedwetting around 14.. Chaiiiii.. It was a very trying and tormenting period for me. But my dad was d only one that stood by me. Lol.. He usd to tell me that ppl that stop bedwetting very late do become very sucessful in life.. He even told me big men like George Bush and Obasanjo stoppd bedwetting late in life grin . It was later I knew he usd to tell me all dos things just to make me feel good.. If you love her, look for solutions together. Its not like she's happy abt it either
wow,u rili had a great dad,ordinarily an average dad will scold d living daylight outa u,@topic its not a voluntary action,an adult bedwetting might be as a result of a couple of stuffs,health disorders,spiritual,eating late @nyt,n lots more,to get d solution to d problem the two parties nid to see a doctor n give a detailed history of dia urinary behaviour.
Re: When An Adult Visitor Bedwets by delishpot: 8:38am On Jul 03, 2014
That bed has jaz, anyone that sleeps on it bed wets or sweats, he should change it.

But for real sha, he should put nylon bag on his matress and spread bedsheet on it when next they visit. Or dontalliw them pass the night in his house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burn Survivor, Kenny Williams Makaveli Shares Before And After Photos / Monkeypox Hits Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom / Coronavirus: FG adds Austria and Sweden to list of high risk countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.