Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa (1074 Views)

President Buhari Listening To A Translator And Laughing Out Loud[pic] / "I Will Kill More Igbos To Save The Country" - Buhari On BBC Hausa / Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by raphead: 9:18am On Jun 29, 2014
the panelist are from various works of life, and the discuss is solely on the quagmire plaguing the country Nigeria. from security to poverty, unemployment and our much touted economic growth.

panelist
omojuwa Japheth
aba Moro
Chris olukolade
rotimi amechi
babaginda aliyu
kalu idi Kalu
sheu sani
Dr billyamu Ismail professor of security strategy Abu.
Borno state commissioner of information
youth representative of north east Nigeria
representative of bring back our girls movement
and loads of speakers.

venue: abuja.. I hope anyone can help add a link to get the podcast.
Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by raphead: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2014
the best part of the debate for me, was when omojuwa attack mor0n aba for killing Nigerian job seekers to the immigration service. in his words, the same amount of Nigerians killed in an exam organized by you was also the same amount killed in the ema plaza bombing

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by Aspireahead(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
the debate is already impacting on me. Am gonna take my destiny into my own hands and create a future for me.
Abba Moro is a clown... he couldn't even answer/respond to what was said about him. I wonder if that guy even have a conscience.
And that commissioner from Borno is a goat that shouldnt be listened to. I was impress with Babangida Aliu and the youths that were present.
Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by raphead: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Aspireahead: the debate is already impacting on me. Am gonna take my destiny into my own hands and create a future for me.
Abba Moro is a clown... he couldn't even answer/respond to what was said about him. I wonder if that guy even have a conscience.
And that commissioner from Borno is a goat that shouldnt be listened to. I was impress with Babangida Aliu and the youths that were present.

the link is on BBC page but I'm on mobile till I resume work tomorrow. I hope all this delude goons on nairaland can just get a dose of the message and take a hard stance against this inept and corrupt administration.
Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by youngmonie: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
That interior minister is just a scam, could not even give a direct answer asked to him, just diverting the answers up and down
Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by Aspireahead(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
raphead:

the link is on BBC page but I'm on mobile till I resume work tomorrow. I hope all this delude goons on nairaland can just get a dose of the message and take a hard stance against this inept and corrupt administration.
like one of the audience said,their is a disconnect between the ruled and those who rules

1 Like

Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by cocoduck: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Aspireahead:
like one of the audience said,their is a disconnect between the ruled and those who rules
Then who is to blame for the disconnect
GEJ? no I don't think so because it started when evenhe was a baby, every government in Nigeria both local, state and federal have the same thing. so for federal government it is understandable but that of state and local government really beats me, those peoplethere feel like their own priorities is the same with the people they govern. We need true federalism in Nigeria, Nigeria is not cursed. bad leadership is not the problem but one of the symptoms of the problem which is the fact that Nigeria is disorganized as a country. A house cannot stand on a faulty foundation.
Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by Demdem(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
cocoduck:
Then who is to blame for the disconnect
GEJ? no I don't think so because it started when evenhe was a baby, every government in Nigeria both local, state and federal have the same thing. so for federal government it is understandable but that of state and local government really beats me, those peoplethere feel like their own priorities is the same with the people they govern. We need true federalism in Nigeria, Nigeria is not cursed. bad leadership is not the problem but one of the symptoms of the problem which is the fact that Nigeria is disorganized as a country. A house cannot stand on a faulty foundation.

Cocoo, stop talking jargon. For these reasons Jonathan was elected to correct the evils of the past. What has the fool done so far in this regard.
Stop reminding us of our pains as a nation.
Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
The key to making this country great is when nigerians stop using their anus to think and stand up for themselves.

Imagine some idiots will come here with name calling.
None of the popular political parties have "Honest" candidates to take up the role of even a local govt chairman talk more of bin a president.

The problem lies with hungry youths some youths are going about making noise abt the same man that got youths killed in d name of immigration exams is the best minister in nigeria.

So tell me how we can move further if we are not united?

Politicians keep getting richer while we keep on getting killed.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Listening To Africa Debate On Bbc Network Africa by cocoduck: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
At ms Steph
that is exactly the problem, none of the political parties can present an honest professional candidate because of how disorganizedour country is.Have you forgotten that professionals don't sell their souls to the devil. so you must commit or sacrifice one the or the other to get to that position. just take a look at nff and other football federations of various African countries you will understand, former footballers are excluded from running their contriese football by politicIans just hijack everything

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Enforcement Of New Number Plate Starts On 1st August 2014. / Does Nasir El Rufai Deserve Any Sympathy? / Dead Body Is Lying At Abakpa Junction Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.