Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,927 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk (6964 Views)

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records / Breakingnews: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [letter Included] / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by ReNO101: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
As 2015 election approaches, the issues discussed in this 2004 Buhari hardtalk interview are still relevant

The discussion center on Buhari's reaction to the 2003 election and Obasanjo victory, Buhari's democratic records and justification of the 1983 coup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkmrHgN10I

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Mogidi: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
Am not about to waste precious mb watching Buhari chew gworo during interviews, I will pass, thanks @OP.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by ReNO101: 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mogidi:
Am not about to waste precious mb watching Buhari chew gworo during interviews, I will pass, thanks @OP.

I think you should, it may be the best Buhari interview you ever watched and interviewed by a man who clearly do not fear Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Mogidi: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
ReNO101:

I think you should, it may be the best Buhari interview you ever watched and interviewed by a man who clearly do not fear Buhari
ok!
Let me see.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Adminisher: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
I mentioned this program about one year ago when some ignoramus was saying Buhari was all action and no speaking skills. This program is about taking and dishing out in a classy British kind of way. I think Buhari handled it well. Obasanjo on this program was almost lynching the moderator, bullying and lying freely. Borno State governor was curt and very sharp. Wole Soyinka always gets a free pass from all the moderators, they like him too much, Pakistani military president then was also abrasive. I think GEJ on this program would be interesting to watch.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by ReNO101: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
for some reasons the very last question about Buhari's foreign policy towards Mugabe we cut in the Youtube video, see attached below real player below if you can view real player video.

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
Adminisher:
I mentioned this program about one year ago when some ignoramus was saying Buhari was all action and no speaking skills. This program is about taking and dishing out in a classy British kind of way. I think Buhari handled it well. Obasanjo on this program was almost lynching the moderator, bullying and lying freely. Borno State governor was curt and very sharp. Wole Soyinka always gets a free pass from all the moderators, they like him too much, Pakistani military president then was also abrasive. I think GEJ on this program would be interesting to watch.

My exact thoughts. Buhari seems presidential in his disposition during that interview.

GEJ would be a complete disaster, very painful and embarrassing to watch on hardtalk

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Except I watched a different interview but this is what I saw:

1. The Interviewer established that Buhari is a sour loser who refused to congratulate his opponent even though most credible international institutions adjudged the election to be credible and represent progress.

2. Even though International observers admit that there was violence from both PDP and ANPP. Buhari claims that only PDP engaged in violence and wont climb down even when he was given specific examples of ANPP violence. That's living in denial.

3. Asked to condemn violence whether from ANPP members or PDP members; Buhari preferred to claim the matter is in court.

4. When his lack of democratic credentials were questioned he had no credible defence but claimed he became a born again democrat after the collapse of Soviet Union.

5. When told to his face that as an unelected soldier he had no right to intervene by ousting a democratically elected leader he had no defence.

6. When challenged with the fact that during his rein as dictator he had no time table to return Nigeria to democracy he had no defence either

7. when asked why he stifled the press and jailed journalists who embarrassed the government with the truth he said he did so in order to ensure that Government is focused on the problems of the country.

8. when questioned why a Government with so much problems like poverty and corruption to deal with had time control how people stood in bus queues he still had no credible defence.

9. His selective anti-corruption campaign where the well connected got off lightly while political enemies got long jail terms or executed was also questioned. He had no defence.

I think Buhari was put in his place by Tim if you ask me. He did not defend anything and was anything but Presidential.
There is nothing Presidential about a long history of failed records, no grace, no tact and pursuing views that are diametrically opposed to everybody else even independent international observers!

And quite frankly I am not surprised that Buhari has not been back to BBC Hardtalk since then!

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by MudRaker: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
mikeansy:

1. The Interviewer established that Buhari is a sour loser who refused to congratulate his opponent even though most credible international institutions adjudged the election to be credible and represent progress.

2. Even though International observers admit that there was violence from both PDP and ANPP. Buhari claims that only PDP engaged in violence and wont climb down even he was given specific examples. That's living in denial.

3. Asked to condemn violence whether from ANPP members or PDP members; Buhari preferred to claim the matter is in court.

4. When his lack to democratic credentials were question he had no credible defence but claimed he became a born again democrat after the collapse of soviet union.

5. When told to his face that as an unelected soldier he had no right to intervened by ousting a democratically elected leader he had no defence.

6. When challenged with the fact that during his rein as dictator he had no time table to return Nigeria to democracy he had no defence either

7. when asked why he stifled the press and jailed journalists who embarrassed the government with the truth he said he did so in order to ensure that Government is focused on the problems of the country.

8. when question why a Government with so much problems like poverty and corruption to deal with had time control how people stood in bus queues he still had no credible defence.

9. His selective anti-corruption campaign where the well connected got off lightly while political enemies got long jail terms or executed was also questioned. He had no defence.

I think Buhari was put in his place by Tim if you ask me. He did not defend anything and was anything but Presidential.
There is nothing Presidential about a long history of failed records, no grace, no tact and pursuing views that are diametrically opposed to everybody else even independent international observers!

And quite frankly I am not surprised that Buhari has not been back to BBC Hardtalk since then!

This generation of plebs loitering Nairaland will never admit that they have been sold a well concealed bigot and despot as a saint.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
mikeansy:

2. Even though International observers admit that there was violence from both PDP and ANPP. Buhari claims that only PDP engaged in violence and wont climb down even when he was given specific examples of ANPP violence. That's living in denial.

4. When his lack to democratic credentials were questioned he had no credible defence but claimed he became a born again democrat after the collapse of Soviet Union.

5. When told to his face that as an unelected soldier he had no right to intervened by ousting a democratically elected leader he had no defence.

8. when questioned why a Government with so much problems like poverty and corruption to deal with had time control how people stood in bus queues he still had no credible defence.

Muchas gracias, mi amigo.

It would have to take the grandest, most comprehensive, most deceptive image laundering campaign in the history of Mankind to rebrand this contemptible Buhari character and successfully sell him to the Nigerian electorate next year.

His apologists' and spin doctors' attempts to bestow a Cherub's garb on the Devil himself would come to nought. Nigerians would see through the monumental charade.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
Quite frankly, I'll take the worst Buhari over the best GEJ anyday. GEJ is simply unfit to rule our great country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by MudRaker: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
This thread will be ignored and sooner or later it will end up in page 10 of the politics board.

If care is not taken one of the Janjawiid janitors will move it to Islam for Muslims section.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Ikengawo: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mogidi:
HAHAAAAAHaaa
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by MudRaker: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
nduchucks:
Quite frankly, I'll take the worst Buhari over the best GEJ anyday. GEJ is simply unfit to rule our great country.

In so many ways I will like your lot to get a taste of Buhari but since I am not willing to sacrifice the peace and sanctity of my family and don't have a time machine at my disposal to transport you back to 1983 I have to say GEj until Janjawiids get delivered from this Buhari possession of their brains.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by PervRocker: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
ReNO101:

Fake pastor Omokri is that you??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by PhockPhockMan: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:
This thread will be ignored and sooner or later it will end up in page 10 of the politics board.

If care is not taken one of the Janjawiid janitors will move it to Islam for Muslims section.
Hmmmm.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by oziegbe2015: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mogidi:
and u wasted it to write just that. The fear of Gmb

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
b
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
ReNO101:
As 2015 election approaches, the issues discussed in this 2004 Buhari hardtalk interview are still relevant

The discussion center on Buhari's reaction to the 2003 election and Obasanjo victory, Buhari's democratic records and justification of the 1983 coup.

OP why are you stale na? 2004, not even 2011. park well jor.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by ReNO101: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
olrotimi:

I searched for more recent revealing interviews on Buhari but this is the best one and the issues like I say are still relevant.
I am also hoping to find a very revealing Q&A session by Jonathan.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Dreambeat: 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
He did perform well at this interview.He was sharp,intelligent and straight to the point on his answers but remember it was 10 YEARS AGO!His present state,abilities and level of knowledge of happenings in Nigeria's political and economic circle is nothing to write home about.He is a far cry from what he was.Age is telling on him.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by biafranqueen: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
mikeansy:

4. When his lack of democratic credentials were questioned he had no credible defence but claimed he became a born again democrat after the collapse of Soviet Union.

5. When told to his face that as an unelected soldier he had no right to intervene by ousting a democratically elected leader he had no defence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by biafranqueen: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Dreambeat:
He did perform well at this interview.He was sharp,intelligent and straight to the point on his answers but remember it was 10 YEARS AGO!His present state,abilities and level of knowledge of happenings in Nigeria's political and economic circle is nothing to write home about.He is a far cry from what he was.Age is telling on him.
Thank you here is 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5hQNspSTQ

Now this an APC friendly station but the host could not understand what this man is saying, dementia is setting in, Tinubu's plan has failed!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by MudRaker: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Contrary to what most of you assume, the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand out of fear but it is a well conceived camouflage technic on the part of the ostrich to disguise itself from a distance to appear as a lone shrub in the open Savannah plains it habits.

As I said earlier this thread will be avoided by the APC crowd.

648 views and only 23 posts!

They are feigning ignorance of this thread and avoiding the truth.

The ostrich is smarter than the Buharists.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Zuria(f): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
mikeansy:

Chai...you are evil grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by decode55(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
this man is the perfect definition of the word: _Clueless undecided

& someone had/has the guts to say he was "Presidential" in his poise & carriage.

All I see/saw is/was a sore serial loser undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
I am impressed with Buhari's response
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Kenai: 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
olrotimi:

You have a problem with the OP posting an interview from 2004 because you believe it's 'stale'. But you're desperately trying to install an old expired stark illiterate soldier from 1983 as the country's president in 2015.

Truly, APC and Hypocrisy dey like banana and groundnut.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by MudRaker: 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
barcanista:
I am impressed with Buhari's response

And I am not surprised by your fanatical outlook.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:

And I am not surprised by your fanatical outlook.
Grow up
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by MudRaker: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
barcanista:
Grow up

Die already.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by major466(m): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
I watched the interview on NTA at that time. Buhari was clearly boiling with anger inside as missiles of questions were thrown at him by Tim, but tried so hard to hid it. I saw it by carefully observing his stony face.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Restructured Nigeria: How It Should Look Like / Court Dismisses APC Suit Against Adebutu, Akinlade / Crisis Hits Abia PDP, As Stakeholders Suspend Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.