Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (484481 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
[b][/b]
Thank you all for all your wonderful explanations. This is an interesting forum

Please I need growers in any farm close to Ota or Ifo in ogun state. Please state your price.
Thank you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by siryomecs: 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
M new here
Please add me to piggery WhatsApp GRP
My questions are
I need beta formulation for fattening in pig
I need beta formulation for breeding
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 6:46am On Mar 11, 2017
siryomecs:
M new here
Please add me to piggery WhatsApp GRP
My questions are
I need beta formulation for fattening in pig
I need beta formulation for breeding

[color=#990000][/color]
You can use this formula that is uploaded for your breeding and fattening and don't forget to also use blood meal mixed with the feeds

1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by siryomecs: 8:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Tanx boss
Appreciate u Sir
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by seg01: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hello sir, how can I get trained under you sir I leave in lugbe ...i will not mind the cost of transport to your farm sir. I need a practical training. How can I reach you sir. Am very much ready to learn piggery. Here is my phone Sir. 09039649144

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by seg01: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hello sir, how can I get trained under you sir I leave in lugbe ...i will not mind the cost of transport to your farm sir. I need a practical training. How can I reach you sir. Am very much ready to learn piggery. Here is my phone Sir. 09039649144

quote author=BenJane2016 post=53813755]We started our farm in October last year in Nasarawa. We have 58 pure breed of Large white sows . Good to announce that of the 58 sows, 32 are pregnant and just on 12th, the first farrowed with 11 piglets.
We are planning to stock 200 sows with AI station.
Happy to say that our pigs are well fed. Possibly the best fed pigs in Nigeria.
New Exotic breeds of Large white and Duroc piglets just bought by us at 75,000.
We will be selling live pigs in large quantities.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by seg01: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hello sir, how can I get trained under you sir I leave in lugbe ...i will not mind the cost of transport to your farm sir. I need a practical training. How can I reach you sir. Am very much ready to learn piggery. Here is my phone Sir. abiodunadebiyi01@gmail.com

quote author=BenJane2016 post=53813755]We started our farm in October last year in Nasarawa. We have 58 pure breed of Large white sows . Good to announce that of the 58 sows, 32 are pregnant and just on 12th, the first farrowed with 11 piglets.
We are planning to stock 200 sows with AI station.
Happy to say that our pigs are well fed. Possibly the best fed pigs in Nigeria.
New Exotic breeds of Large white and Duroc piglets just bought by us at 75,000.
We will be selling live pigs in large quantities.
[/quote]
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
PIG PERFORMANCE TARGETS

Learn the piggery best practices at:

http://no1pigfan.

and follow the edutainment at:

https://facebook.com/no1pigfan

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donJ2(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Plz add me to the whatsapp group, I just completed my pen... I need info 08033232315
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by petlover1: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2017
hey y'all..I want to breed about 5 pigs in my backyard...I need links to get good weaners and some assistance with the pigs
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
petlover1:
hey y'all..I want to breed about 5 pigs in my backyard...I need links to get good weaners and some assistance with the pigs
I have various pure breed of wearers and growers , you can visit my farm at your convenience too see them, and I will give you maximum assistance to succeed in piggery business . You can reach me on 08172727350
Adeyinka
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by petlover1: 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
adeyinkapiggs:

I have various pure breed of wearers and growers , you can visit my farm at your convenience too see them, and I will give you maximum assistance to succeed in piggery business . You can reach me on 08172727350
Adeyinka

oh okay Sir.. would like to know where your farm is tho
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
petlover1:

oh okay Sir.. would like to know where your farm is tho
u
Ikorodu, Lagos
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by petlover1: 3:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
adeyinkapiggs:
u Ikorodu, Lagos
let's talk on Whatsapp
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
petlover1:

let's talk on Whatsapp

Okay 08172727350
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by laobaba: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hello House

I have four (4) rooms suitable for weaners, growers and inn-pigs @Giwa Oke-Aro for Starter- Farmers. Contact - Laojoy2@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
laobaba:
Hello House

I have four (4) rooms suitable for weaners, growers and inn-pigs @Giwa Oke-Aro for Starter- Farmers. Contact - Laojoy2@gmail.com

I have a beginner who may be interested but how much do you intend to give it out?

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Hollawayn05(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
dynamix101:

When i mean 50 animals, i mean 50 matured animals weighing around 80kg.

Someone asked if it includes attendants cost and i answer "no". Attendants wages varies from 2500-7000 per month depending on the functions they perform for you.

Problems with attendants include pilfering and negligence of duty. Add lack of initiative too. If you want to be a real pig farmer, you cant do it in proxy; you have to come to the farm daily and monitor all d goings-on in your pens.

Can I have you contact? email or num will do
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by laobaba: 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
N1,500.00/ room (N6k/month) ............Send your phone nos for further discussion.

FashPet:

I have a beginner who may be interested but how much do you intend to give it out?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by frisby: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good evening farmers,
Please a simple question that would really help me out.

How good is soybean chaff as swine protein?

Can I feed it to growers?

Does it have to be dry/wet?

Does the processing method of the soybeans affect the usability of the chaff?

How much does it cost? Price-range. I'm about to strike a supply deal for soybean chaff from a soymilk plant.

Any help at all will be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by frisby: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good evening farmers,

How much does it cost? Price-range. I'm about to strike a supply deal for soybean chaff from a soymilk plant.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2017
Hollawayn05:

Can I have you contact? email or num will do

Whatsapp 08082310865
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by frisby: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
femu:

Prices now increase daily.

maize is about 150-160 naira per kg

Bone meal about 60 naira per kg

pkc is about 50 naira per kg

Good evening farmers,

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by frisby: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
TONY56:

When you talk about cost of renting a 50-100 capacity Pen, to me, it's sounds vague in the sense that it depends on the numbers of pigs you intend to house in a single room and their age or kg.
Normally, they are not supposed to be over crowded. So whatever cost anyone gives you should be based on the size of each of the room in the Pig pen because some people house about 10 pigs in a 10 X 10ft room, while some prefer only 5 in same size of room and others crowd even 20 in same size of Room and of cause other factors like age, kg, breeding, farrowing, etc come into play too.
If you have more than a Boar for example you can't house them together in same room except you want a "fight to finish" and you can't also house a boar and a sow together except when you want to cross or mate them and in which case they have to be separated after crossing.

Good evening farmers,

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by frisby: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
dynamix101:

Hi. In oke-aro, a room dat can take 50 animals rents for around 6000 per month; for 100 animals, u will need 2 rooms.
Brewery spent grains is sold in cement bags, 200 per bag. Aside dat u have to buy a truck load and dats killing.
Cassava mash aka paki is sold @ d rate of 250 per bag; one bag equals 2 20ltr paint buckets. Also it isnt sold in tonnes. A busload costs 18k. Shongi costs around 300 per bag.

Do you have any other questions on oke-aro tins?? Note that you need to be careful in oke-aro esp with attendants.

Good evening farmers,

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 5:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
frisby:

Good evening farmers,

take a sample to a feed analysis laboratory so you can know the nutrient value and be able to compare with existing materials
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
femu:

take a sample to a feed analysis laboratory so you can know the nutrient value and be able to compare with existing materials

Can you please let me have names/addresses/phone Nos of your known feed analysis laboratories in Lagos?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jideams(m): 5:45am On Mar 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

I need to visit Oke-Aro pig farm to gain some insight into the current piggery practice in order to work out what the best practices are when setting up a new farm. Could you please provide me with a contact or If you wouldn't mind, recommending your farm or one you know off where i could view and learn one or two things.

The plan is to ensure that things are properly done before I start. Your assistance will be much appreciated.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
AdeyeraIBK:

I need information on the different breeds in the Southwest and how their prices vary with 'about to farrow' gilts.
Is it a advisable for me to start my farm by purchasing pregnant sows?
Please add me to the WhatsApp group...0703183019. Thank you all.
@femu, ops, lagbaja, dejia and every other guru regards!

A variety of breeds with comparable performance are available for you to start with. As you progress you can eventually settle for a breed that fits your market expectations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.