Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483536 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Jideams:

Exactly, the animals cannot be fed on 500k/month as they grow older. The attachment are as follows

Total pigs in the house - Shows the number of pigs in the house each month starting from 10 in January to 760 in Dec at different stages of growth.
Feeding cost per month - shows the feeding cost per month based on 3600 Naira for a Matured dry sow.
Running feeding cost - Shows the cumulative cost a the until the end of the year.

So in January, I will be spending 36,000 Naira to raise 10 adult pigs, while in December I will spend 1.160Million Naira on feed for 760 Pigs.
For the year, I will need 6Million naira on feeding alone. But by the time i start selling 100 pigs a month in month 13th (second year) I will have
a turn over of 3.5million a month with total extimated cose of not more than 2 million.

In addition,I do not plan to fatten any pig for more than 7months. My Target weight is 75 - 80 in 7months

Your estimates are very high. But all i can say is start first then get a practical experience of the real costs of feeding your animals.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by wole1968: 11:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
I am new into pig farming but i am in need of the following:

1. 2 units pregnant pure large white

2. 2 units pregnant camborough

3. 10 units weaners pure large white or camborough

i can be reach on 08071212227
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by wole1968: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
i have some piglet that are excreting salad cream faeces, which antibiotic would be best for them
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2017
We have never bought the casavva cake. Someone told me that he gets them from iseyin.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jideams(m): 6:55am On Apr 16, 2017
dynamix101:

Your estimates are very high. But all i can say is start first then get a practical experience of the real costs of feeding your animals.

Thanks, I would rather be over estimating than underestimate. Could you send my your whats app number to this address at jimoh.jobs@hotmail.co.uk. I would reach out to you and we could discuss possibilities.

Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2017
wole1968:
i have some piglet that are excreting salad cream faeces, which antibiotic would be best for them

They are purging. You should urgently give them oral flagyll; the tablets we humans take. Grind, mix with water and administer with a syringe deepthroat, once daily for three days.
How old are they?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Estimates must of course be based on cost of feed ingredients, calculation of quantity to be fed to the animals as they develop to achieve target weight. Not an easy task. Happy Easter all.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jideams(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
SinaAkinsanya:
Estimates must of course be based on cost of feed ingredients, calculation of quantity to be fed to the animals as they develop to achieve target weight. Not an easy task. Happy Easter all.

True, But that is the Business side to the farming... You must be able to determine this cost with approx. 80% accuracy in order to feed properly and meet your business target. Difficult but very very crucial.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by wole1968: 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
dynamix101:

They are purging. You should urgently give them oral flagyll; the tablets we humans take. Grind, mix with water and administer with a syringe deepthroat, once daily for three days.
How old are they?

Thanks for your response, i 'll do that feed you back on the result.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by amsunny: 8:31am On Apr 17, 2017
compliment of the season to you all my fellow erudite farmers! I have exotic large white weaners for sale at Umutu, ukwuani LGA Delta state.free free to reach me on 08067753656.stay fruitful in God's blessings
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Johnklein(m): 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
This thread has really been superb i have learnt a lot from here, but please i need to know if there's any pig farmer who's based in abia state , precisely close to umuahia who's willing to help me with basic training in pig farming.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
wole1968:
I am new into pig farming but i am in need of the following:

1. 2 units pregnant pure large white

2. 2 units pregnant camborough

3. 10 units weaners pure large white or camborough

i can be reach on 08071212227
I have what you bee in my farm and they are all pure breed, you can visit my farm anytime you are free.. Call me on 08172727350.
Adeyinka
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Please add me to the WhatsApp group
08087180784 Yinka
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
abeyyskyne:
I am a Landrace, I farrowed today which is the first day of the year! I farrowed only 14 piglets and I am a first timer!

Good Afternoon sir.
May I know if you still have weaners? Where is your location and how much do you sell?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by pamdaniel(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
amsunny:
compliment of the season to you all my fellow erudite farmers! I have exotic large white weaners for sale at Umutu, ukwuani LGA Delta state.free free to reach me on 08067753656.stay fruitful in God's blessings
u can call me so that u can visit my farm in Owerri... allthough mbaise I close to you, they are a lot of piggeries there 08068018201
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2017
TONY56:

Good Afternoon sir.
May I know if you still have weaners? Where is your location and how much do you sell?
Thks for the interest. I have growers for sale right now, let me know if u need them. I am based in Oke-Aro, Lagos. Thks once more.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello friends, today am a Happy Pig Farmer .  

Yesterday,  one of my Sows farrowed a
record breaking 20 Piglets .

She comes from a superior lineage of prolificity and excellent maternal care. 

Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWdqPOGiKE

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
femu:
Hello friends, today am a Happy Pig Farmer .  

Yesterday,  one of my Sows farrowed a
record breaking 20 Piglets .

She comes from a superior lineage of prolificity and excellent maternal care. 

That's superb. More of that

Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWdqPOGiKE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
abeyyskyne:

Thks for the interest. I have growers for sale right now, let me know if u need them. I am based in Oke-Aro, Lagos. Thks once more.

How much do you sell your growers
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 7:02am On Apr 25, 2017
abeyyskyne:

What's their weight, how much and how do I contact you?
My mail address is tugbiyeley_not@yahoo.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
20 piglets is terrific.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ijames: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2017
Hello house, how can I feed my pigs with to reach 60-65kg in 7months.
I presently use Pkc,corn,soya beans and spent grain.
Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
ijames:
Hello house, how can I feed my pigs with to reach 60-65kg in 7months.
I presently use Pkc,corn,soya beans and spent grain.
Thanks
whats the ratio of the pkc you're using? Add gala and also If you have link to get slodge, you can add it to your feed component
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by afunmmy: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
pls I need supply of 1ton of pkc asap. location is Iperu. tnx
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
adeyinkapiggs:
whats the ratio of the pkc you're using? Add gala and also If you have link to get slodge, you can add it to your feed component

Please what do you refer to as "Sludge" that you advised to be added to feed component and where is it sold?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by edsurplus: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=ayodejy05 post=24442182]
You should get be getting enough buyers from Uso, owo, and Oka, oba, Akungba, Ikare Akoko area (mind you, most christian living in Akoko municipalities consume pork). What is there is that, you should do your market survey to be sure before starting because I only know of Akure.
Please this is my contact 080865474557 I'm in owo I'm preparing to go into piggy I'm glad I read your post please do contact me
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by enomakos(m): 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
any pig farmer in Benin city?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by castins(m): 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
My pig pen is almost ready, am a beginners, advice please. Do I go for weaner or pregnant ones, which one will be best for me to start with, am just new , pls advice. Am based in PH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.