Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483750 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dukeposer1(m): 2:45am On Jan 03, 2019
babakk2:
Good day House,
Please I kindly need anybody with useful information on how I can get brewery waste from the consolidate brewery's ilesa ?
Please I need the info urgently.

Hi, How much brewery waste do you need? I can supply you. Call us today @ 09033652041/ 08083594153. Owesco Farms
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dukeposer1(m): 3:11am On Jan 03, 2019
babakk2:
Good day House,
Please I kindly need anybody with useful information on how I can get brewery waste from the consolidate brewery's ilesa ?
Please I need the info urgently.
Hi, How much brewery waste do you need? I can supply you. Call Owesco Farms @ 09033652041/ 08083594153

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2019
horllahdav:

Plz I don't get d signature
check under my post
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by omotola90(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
dukeposer1:
Owesco Farms- Piggery section
nice one.May God continually uplift you in Jesus name.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dukeposer1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
omotola90:
nice one.May God continually uplift you in Jesus name.
Amen. Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by omode2(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2019
horllahdav:
Plz house, what can be the cause of a sow eating the piglets, they are a week old
Some times it has nothing to do with hunger. it has to do with the sow/gilt. Some don't have good mothering abilities. if you study many of such incidences you notice they have aggressive tendencies
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
Please is there any Ibadan pig farmer here?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by money4god: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello house and happy new year. please I need pig pen to rent, preferably along toll gate-ota-atan axis. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by paito: 12:36am On Jan 08, 2019
Is there anybody that has pig pen to rent out specifically at Abeokuta Ogun state
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by samsamo1: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2019
pls who has good high breed pig here in Ibadan.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tbfeyi: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2019
compliments of the season. please how true is it feeding ur pig with blood drug during pregnancy, I had that it will eat their babies when they give birth..?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by horllahdav: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
femu:

It's usually due to stress encountered before or after delivery.

There are some best practices you can adopt to prevent this situation
Plz can u help me out with some of those practices, I wil be really grateful
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by horllahdav: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
vickifeanyi47:

There is nothing like stress. He said they are a week old.

He might be starving the sow or don't give her enough feed. Who knows sad sad
The sow is fed well and dere is enough food for it.....DTS why I asked
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by horllahdav: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
omode2:
Some times it has nothing to do with hunger. it has to do with the sow/gilt. Some don't have good mothering abilities. if you study many of such incidences you notice they have aggressive tendencies
Tnx alot, if d sow is breastfeeding d piglets well, plz wot oda factor can make d piglets weak
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2019
horllahdav:
Plz house, what can be the cause of a sow eating the piglets, they are a week old

Hi! Human females sometimes kill their babies after birth. With pigs and most mammals, it's the same thing and it happens for many reasons. One might be a genetic problem; it might be in her genes to murder her babies. It might also be stress related; she might be afraid or tense about her delivery- is it her first? Changes shortly before delivery can also affect her mood.

All in all, give her just one more chance. If she eats her next litter, she needs to be destroyed.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
I would also say that if any farmer has sows that savage their young, don't use that line for breeding to avoid heartbreak
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
tbfeyi:
compliments of the season. please how true is it feeding ur pig with blood drug during pregnancy, I had that it will eat their babies when they give birth..?

It's not a proven fact
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BECALMBECALM(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Please how much can one spend for feeding 100 weaners for 6 months?Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 7:07am On Jan 12, 2019
tbfeyi:
i use bloodmeal all the time and i don't have issue with that but always make sure it dry bloodmeal,eating of offspring has to do with Genetic,that the reason is good to get a breeder stock from a reliable breeders

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2019
horllahdav:

Tnx alot, if d sow is breastfeeding d piglets well, plz wot oda factor can make d piglets weak
bullying the strongest piglets will always want to suck from 2 to 3 nipples making the weaker piglets not to get enough room,best thing is to do batch mating were by u will have enough breeders that will farrow within the specific period of time so u will take the weaker piglet to a new nursing mother

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
horllahdav:

Plz can u help me out with some of those practices, I wil be really grateful

We use some supplements like HI-Farrow to prevent this situation.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
horllahdav:

Diarrhoea/loose stool can make piglets weak and lead to their death.

Once your pig gives birth ensure you give all the piglets Babystart or Forcystart to prevent losses or diarrhoea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGalnhPyJ8
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
tbfeyi:

False. There is no relationship.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by omo17(m): 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
BECALMBECALM:
Please how much can one spend for feeding 100 weaners for 6 months?Thanks

Pls someone shd answer dis. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2019
omo17:

Pls someone shd answer dis. Thanks
am sure u won't get valid response for that the amount u will need will determine the cost of raw materials u can get around in feeding your fatteners,what i can say is using 100naira to 150 as cost of Feeding each animals per day so u can calculate Ur cost that way
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by horllahdav: 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
dynamix101:

Hi! Human females sometimes kill their babies after birth. With pigs and most mammals, it's the same thing and it happens for many reasons. One might be a genetic problem; it might be in her genes to murder her babies. It might also be stress related; she might be afraid or tense about her delivery- is it her first? Changes shortly before delivery can also affect her mood.

All in all, give her just one more chance. If she eats her next litter, she needs to be destroyed.
Tnx alot, I really appreciate....it is its first tym
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by horllahdav: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
femu:

Diarrhoea/loose stool can make piglets weak and lead to their death.

Once your pig gives birth ensure you give all the piglets Babystart or Forcystart to prevent losses or diarrhoea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGalnhPyJ8
Plz how can I get it and also envirogene
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
horllahdav:

Plz how can I get it and also envirogene

We can dispatch to you, Where are you located?

SMS or WhatsApp 08034209301 for more details
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Koladdee: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
paito:
Is there anybody that has pig pen to rent out specifically at Abeokuta Ogun state

Hello,
How large do you need the Pig Pen to be
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BECALMBECALM(m): 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
Is it possible to use 400,000 naira to fed 100 wearners for 6 months getting them to market size? I am asking because i have been thinking since the day i came across that post on nairaland.Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Tuuns: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
NO

BECALMBECALM:
Is it possible to use 400,000 naira to fed 100 wearners for 6 months getting them to market size? I am asking because i have been thinking since the day i came across that post on nairaland.Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
BECALMBECALM:
the least amount u can spend is 1.2m and Ur average weight won't be more than 60kg

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.