Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Info On Tomato Farming Pls - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Info On Tomato Farming Pls (1748 Views)

Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Drop To N300 From N5, 000 Per Basket / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info On Tomato Farming Pls by Burmak: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
I want to go into tomato farming i live in ibadan can somebody pls help me with info on
1 profitability
2 best time to plant
3 maturity period etc thanks
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by masteryusuf2020(m): 10:31am On Jun 30, 2014
You are free to employ me as your farm manager. I graduated from University of Agriculture Abeokuta. Not only tomatoes include other plants plus animals. Permanent stay or contract is allowed
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by Denn(m): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2014
masteryusuf2020: You are free to employ me as your farm manager. I graduated from University of Agriculture Abeokuta. Not only tomatoes include other plants plus animals. Permanent stay or contract is allowed

Is that what he asked?

This is a free forum... If you are that good, then show it.
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by nurey(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Tomato farming is a good biz but very strenous and time consuming but once u pass the maturation stage u are good to go. you need to first get seeds if local, soak in water for upto 6hrs to break seed dormancy and then dry and add ash to protect and kill germs that could infect the seed
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by nurey(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
You have to sow seeds in nursery inside a nylon, u can use pure water satchet it is very very important to use nylon because when u transplant on the field u have to keep the soil intact with the root else u have abnormal seed drop only the nylon can ensure that. you transplant 3 to 4wks on properly prepared soil. you need to water well early in the morning or late in the evenings. neva water when the sun is high, it could cause burn.
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by Burmak: 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks a lot
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by Denn(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
nurey: You have to sow seeds in nursery inside a nylon, u can use pure water satchet it is very very important to use nylon because when u transplant on the field u have to keep the soil intact with the root else u have abnormal seed drop only the nylon can ensure that. you transplant 3 to 4wks on properly prepared soil. you need to water well early in the morning or late in the evenings. neva water when the sun is high, it could cause burn.

This is the old method of planting tomatoes.

Yield from determine breeds are less than 5 tonnes per hectare.

I intend to adopt a better strategy albeit capital intensive.

Drip irrigation, soil-less medium, hydroponics etc.

If you have access to capital, then do it right.
Re: Info On Tomato Farming Pls by ayodejy05(m): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Burmak: I want to go into tomato farming i live in ibadan can somebody pls help me with info on
1 profitability
2 best time to plant
3 maturity period etc thanks

Tomato doesn't like too much of water. So it is not advisable to plant during raining seasons. Raise seedling at nursery and start transplanting at the onset of harmattan. visit www.livestocking.com for information on any livestock animal.

(1) (Reply)

Best Agro-allied Bussiness For Worker / Farmers' ATM (cucumber) / Neat Tokunbo Massey Ferguson 590

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.