Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Constructive Feedback On This Layout - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Constructive Feedback On This Layout (4488 Views)

Feedback On Granite Supply From Smiley001 / What Is The Estimated Cost For Flooring And Interlocking This Layout / 3 Story Building(8 Flats Of 3 Bedroom Flats Each)for N50m In Achara Layout Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
Significant milestone was reached today. Photos to follow.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 3:57am On Jan 26, 2015
To God be the glory. Exactly 1 month to start decking was done.

Photo 1 is while in progress while 2 is at completion.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
gabbytabby:
To God be the glory. Exactly 1 month to start decking was done.
Photo 1 is while in progress while 2 is at completion.

Mama Gabby, the pictures no gree comot oh!

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
Second try with pictures.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
gabbytabby:
Second try with pictures.

Ok. Only one picture comot.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Me and 9ja no internet signal wahala. I no get too much patience for it oh.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 2:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
gabbytabby:
Me and 9ja no internet signal wahala. I no get too much patience for it oh.

My poor sister, take it easy oh.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 5:31am On Feb 27, 2015
I have been on the charm offensive and seeking peace peace peace. It has worked for the most part on all but the omonile.

I am now on the war path or should I say ignore part and deal with any aggression.

Bought land for the first time in 1992 through their agent

They claimed the agent did not give money to them and in 1998 I paid again this time directly to them. At this point we took possession and built a bungalow on the site. A few years after we built the fence.

In the last 2 months they have collected 325k from me and while attempts at peace would have seen them collect approximately another 500k within the next 2 months or sooner they have yesterday demanded over a milla in addition to the 325k already collected.

9ja we hail thee.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Current state of affairs at today.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Apparently omonile wants me to vacate as " you have unilaterally taken possession of a parcel of land-------without his consent and/or his authority..."

We bought land over 20 years ago and took possession by building a bungalow 17 years ago and fenced the property sometime after. Omonile lawyer see me see trouble oh and where art thou.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 12:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Bungalow.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 5:59pm On May 09, 2015
We are now making slow progress na money matter. Omonile carry my money go

Budget and reserve done go but we are trusting that it will be completed in the next 2 months.

At least lower floors is all completed.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2015
gabbytabby:
We are now making slow progress na money matter
Budget. and reserve done go

God go seal the pocket, where e dey leak. All the un-necessary expenses building a house in Nigeria... all because we have no working law.
God help us o. Happy to see the progress though... away from those crooks.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 6:19pm On May 09, 2015
mufutau55:

God go seal the pocket, where e dey leak. All the un-necessary expenses building a house in Nigeria... all because we have no working law.
God help us o. Happy to see the progress though... away from those crooks.

Hajji M.

Thank you my brother. I was hopeful that it would be completed by now so I can spend sometime relaxing before I go back.

In all things we still give thanks.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 6:34pm On May 09, 2015
Memorable event still causes me to laugh out loud.

Just when you think you all understand each other. Mama Ijebu gets a quote of roofing woodwork excluding ceiling for 550k same carpenter had done all my carpentry up to this point. Said how much I was willing to pay but carpenter said cant be done. To cut long story short got it done for 150k including ceiling and 3 shops and about 3/5 of the materials quoted by the 550k person.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 11:44pm On May 09, 2015
gabbytabby:
Memorable event still causes me to laugh out loud.
Just when you think you all understand each other. Mama Ijebu gets a quote of roofing woodwork excluding ceiling for 550k same carpenter had done all my carpentry up to this point. Said how much I was willing to pay but carpenter said cant be done. To cut long story short got it done for 150k including ceiling and 3 shops and about 3/5 of the materials quoted by the 550k person.

Just Labor right? Then from 550k vs 150k? Something is totally wrong with us in Naija.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 9:05am On May 10, 2015
mufutau55:

Just Labor right? Then from 550k vs 150k? Something is totally wrong with us in Naija.

Hajji M.

Yes just labour oh. You cant afford sentiments in this things cos once I got the price that was workable for me all of a sudden he can do it for similar and at that point it was not just the labour cost but the materials that was in contention.

The facia board he said 40, I said 25 will do the job and the competition said 25 guess what we had 3 left from the 25 we bought. I also have a policy that if someone quotes an outrageous labour cost I do not use them cos they will frustrate you with unnecessary request for materials and might abandon along the way. Make them go find money miss road or politician and me go find my level.

1 Like

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2015
gabbytabby:

Yes just labour oh. You cant afford sentiments in this things cos once I got the price that was workable for me all of a sudden he can do it for similar and at that point it was not just the labour cost but the materials that was in contention.

The facia board he said 40, I said 25 will do the job and the competition said 25 guess what we had 3 left from the 25 we bought. I also have a policy that if someone quotes an outrageous labour cost I do not use them cos they will frustrate you with unnecessary request for materials and might abandon along the way. Make them go find money miss road or politician and me go find my level.

You are most savvy Real Estate business woman on Nairaland... I like the way you don't mix business with emotion.
Thank you for sharing your practical experience in dealing with this type of people in Nigeria. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Completed plastering. I promised someone a photo update.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
All flats and shops now let and I am now on a necessary break.

To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
All internals are done and we will finish the externals (fence plastering, grounds and external painting) at a later date.

Spend to date is approximately N16m and includes professional and omonile fees.

For this you get

New
4 units of 2beds
2 units of 1 beds
3 shops

Major refurbishment of a 2bed bungalow.

I will try to breakdown the cost at a later date.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
gabbytabby:
All internals are done and we will finish the externals (fence plastering, grounds and external painting) at a later date.
Spend to date is approximately N15m and includes professional and omonile fees.
For this you get
New
4 units of 2beds
2 units of 1 beds
3 shops
Major refurbishment of a 2bed bungalow.
I will try to breakdown the cost at a later date.

You have done very nicely with that budget... "When I grow up, I definitely want to be like you".

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
A rough breakdown of costs

1) Soakaway, break ground, blinding, foundation blockwork, german floor, lower floor blockwork up to and including linted and 2 coach of blocks on top N2700
2) Decking N2200
3) Upper floor block work N1400
4) Roofing and ceiling N1350
5) Plumbing N730
6) Electrics N900
7) Other internals (tiling, cupboards, wardrobes, painting, doors, windows, etc) N4000
cool Omonile and professional fees N1200
9)Plaster N1600

Total N16080000

Probably need another N1.3m to N1.5m to finish.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2015
Great work Op. Perfect Touch Aluminium is definitely ready to deliver a great and affordable services to our prospective customers. Talk to us today . Tel:08153665659(whatsapp )08067079715 . Thanks. Hajji mufutau55 well done sir
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 3:25am On Aug 07, 2015
What is the color of that roof called? Nut brown?

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
To God be the glory as this was completed yesterday and cos the cost of phase one was higher than projected affecting payback period, the plan was modified.

We settled for 7 flats and 6 shops. I will look into final costs and lessons learned.

Pics to follow.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
More pics

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by johnson232: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
u really tried...

congrats....
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
Well done, my sister.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
Thank you guys. I don't know how people do multiple build. My 5 year plan is to stay away as I tired.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by twinskenny(m): 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
gabbytabby:
Thank you guys. I don't know how people do multiple build. My 5 year plan is to stay away as I tired.

weldone ma. beautifully done too

1 Like

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 11:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
mufutau55:
What is the color of that roof called? Nut brown?

Hajji M.

chocolate brown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arium Estate, Ajah With Global C Of O / For Sale: Ebute Ipakodo Ikorodu 2 Numbers 5 Bedrooms Duplex / »»» Genuine Properties To Buy Or Rent In Port Harcourt? PICS «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.