Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok (2819 Views)

Gunmen Attack Muslim Worshipers In Jos South / Massive Attack Ongoing In A Village Near Chibok / Gunmen Kill 20 Worshipers In Kaduna Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Acidosis(m): 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Boko Haram militants today invaded Kautikari, Kwada and Nguragila villages near Chibok in Borno State, killing at least 56 people and razing numerous homes.

SaharaReporters learned that the militants, dressed in military camouflage, stormed the three villages from 8:45 a.m. when many Christians were at Sunday services. One source said the militants arrived in the villages in a convoy of sports utility vehicles and unleashed terror on villagers for several hours. Their killing spree reportedly lasted till 12:30 p.m.

Ibrahim Musa, a resident of Kautikari village, told our correspondent that the attackers “locked worshipers inside the EYN Church and sprayed bullets on them.” He disclosed that the terrorist group killed nine worshipers and later set the church ablaze.

Mr. Musa said the Islamist terrorists killed 38 people in Kwada village and nine in Nguragila village. He added that the attackers set fire to the EYN Church, the Deeper Life Church, and the Church of Christ In Nations (COCIN). In addition, the terrorists burned numerous homes.

Manaseh Allen, a Chibok-based youth leader, also confirmed today’s coordinated attacks on the three villages. “There is confusion everywhere in the Chibok area,” he said, adding, “If the attackers could succeed in day time, what if they come in the night?” He urged the federal government to redouble its commitment to combating terrorism.

He remarked that the three besieged villages are between 10 and 15 kilometers from Chibok, the location where Boko Haram militants seized more than 300 schoolgirls on April 14. More than 200 of the schoolgirls are yet to be rescued.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-locks-worshipers-church-kills-56-near-chibok

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
At some point, I think the leadership of these churches must be held equally responsible for these murders.

Running a church and organizing Sunday Services in the Northern Hot Spots right now is not an act of defiance or bravery in the face of persecution.

It is a suicidal act that puts church followers in unnecessary danger.

These men of God are equally culpable and complicit in these murders.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Acidosis(m): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
lalalefriday: At some point, I think the leadership of these churches must be held equally responsible for these murders.

Running a church and organizing Sunday Services in the Northern Hot Spots right now is not an act of defiance or bravery in the face of persecution.

And those whose houses were burnt? Some were killed outside the Church

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by NwaNimo1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
lalalefriday: At some point, I think the leadership of these churches must be held equally responsible for these murders.

If people don't show up on a Sunday how will the priests and Pastors get their pay?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Katier00(f): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2014

Are u 4 real? So they shld nt attend sunday services again? What if they are killed in their home? I am in maiduguri rite now n nothin can stop me from attendin mass every sunday. If i must die 4 servin God then let me die. They cn only touch d body but will never touch the soul. Death can call anytime or where

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Meestique: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hear our cry Oh Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by tinuolababy(f): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lord have mercy
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
and someone in this forum called boko haram hit and run. Ppl who move from one community to another killing for fun without being challenged aint hit and run
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
Katier00 :
Are u 4 real? So they shld nt attend sunday services again? What if they are killed in their home? I am in maiduguri rite now n nothin can stop me from attendin mass every sunday. If i must die 4 servin God then let me die. They cn only touch d body but will never touch the soul. Death can call anytime or where

Well if you are willing to die for your God, there are definitely men out there ready to oblige you.

But not everyone is willing and ready to die for their faith. The children in the church membership, often have no choice in the matter and simply go wherever their parents take them.

And even if the entire church populace is willing and ready to die for Christianity, it is still irresponsible for Church leadership to continually place it's members directly in the cross hairs of Boko Haram

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Katier00(f): 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
lalalefriday:

Well if you are willing to die for your God, there are definitely men out there ready to oblige you.

But not everyone is willing and ready to die for their faith. The children in the church membership, often have no choice in the matter and simply go wherever their parents take them.

And even if the entire church populace is willing and ready to die for Christianity, it is still irresponsible for Church leadership to continually place it's members directly in the cross hairs of Boko Haram
who is boko haram n where can you find them? They can attack your area tomorrow, all am trying to say is that, we cant put our lives on hold because of boko haram, they can attack church, schools, markets etc. So there is little or nothing one can do about it

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by tit(f): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
Katier00 :

Christ asked you to be as wise as a serpent.
If you guys must live in Borno then you better organise some form of self defence.
You need to keep alive till the authorities get on top of the situation.
When seconds count, the Nigerian Army is 8 hours away.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Acidosis(m): 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
lalalefriday:

We are talking about villages with little or no route for escape.

I'm surprised people aren't talking about the absence of security operatives.

It is now about Pastors opening the gates for members.

Where were you when these sect visited Abuja malls? Why didn't you blame market owners & customers for selling & buying?

Some comments on these thread are clear indications that the world hate Christianity and the message of Christ.

People like you are potential boko haram fighters.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Allah need Christian Blood to survive.

The northern leaders obviously had a hand in all of this killings. Christians are persecuted in northern Nigeria and the world is keeping quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Firefire(m): 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
May the souls of the departed brethren find peace as they sleep until resurrection

I propose Church activities should be suspended in the war zones communities.

Only if you are alive that you can gain more souls

They should see it as persecution, Yes, but only when you run and come back you can win a war.

May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the Fellowship of Holy Spirit, be with His Church, Now and forever more.

AMen!
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Acidosis(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Some people also need to understand the rudiments of true Christianity. Some of you are too entagled in the hands of Lagos-Abuja chop & clean mouth pastoral fraudsters. Take a look at those Churches mentioned and you'll recognize the TRUE churches in Nigeria. Ofcourse, we'll likely not see the likes of "prosperity & faith-ignited riches" kinda motivational Churches since moni nor dey Chibok.

These Churches aren't after worldly stuffs. They mean the business of Christ & they know what it means to die while serving the Lord.

My prayer for the lost souls is to find eternal rest in the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Boko Haram fighters, all affiliates & sympathizers can never escape the eternal doom ahead smiley

The bitter truth is: no government/organisation can produce sustainable peace. UN peacekeepers have been in existence for over 60yrs; NATO peacekeepers have been in the business since 1991, yet no one can pinpoint a succesful mission.

Some of us know the origin of war, crisis & terrorism. What we face today is a result of an error from a single man (story for another day). An irreversible mistake.

As it stands in Nigeria, we can only manage it now that we're yet to vote in a presidential boko haram sponsor/sympathizer. By the time this crisis escalates further; the result will be unimaginable and indescribable.

This isn't the time for blame games about those who desire to spend some time to reflect on their faith and fate; afterall, nowhere is safe in Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by pomporiking: 12:31am On Jun 30, 2014
Acidosis:

We are talking about villages with little or no route for escape.

I'm surprised people aren't talking about the absence of security operatives.

It is now about Pastors opening the gates for members.

Where were you when these sect visited Abuja malls? Why didn't you blame market owners & customers for selling & buying?

Some comments on these thread are clear indications that the world hate Christianity and the message of Christ.

People like you are potential boko haram fighters.

Am sorry but I disagree.the pastor and the congregation were reckless and made themselves easy targets.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by SporaD8: 12:34am On Jun 30, 2014
"...I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held". -Rev6:9
"...Blessed are the dead who die in the lord from henceforth: Even so sayeth the spirit, for they rest from their labor". -Rev14:13
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by DocAdray(f): 12:40am On Jun 30, 2014
All these devastating news are now becoming too constant.

R.I.P. to the dead!
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by tit(f): 12:41am On Jun 30, 2014
Acidosis: Some people also need to understand the rudiments of true Christianity. Some of you are too entagled in the hands of Lagos-Abuja chop & clean mouth pastoral fraudsters. Take a look at those Churches mentioned and you'll recognize the TRUE churches in Nigeria. Ofcourse, we'll likely not see the likes of "prosperity & faith-ignited riches" kinda motivational Churches since moni nor dey Chibok.

These Churches aren't after worldly stuffs. They mean the business of Christ & they know what it means to die while serving the Lord.

My prayer for the lost souls is to find eternal rest in the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Boko Haram fighters, all affiliates & sympathizers can never escape the eternal doom ahead smiley

The bitter truth is: no government/organisation can produce sustainable peace. UN peacekeepers have been in existence for over 60yrs; NATO peacekeepers have been in the business since 1991, yet no one can pinpoint a succesful mission.

Some of us know the origin of war, crisis & terrorism. What we face today is a result of an error from a single man (story for another day). An irreversible mistake.

As it stands in Nigeria, we can only manage it now that we're yet to vote in a presidential boko haram sponsor/sympathizer. By the time this crisis escalates further; the result will be unimaginable and indescribable.

This isn't the time for blame games about those who desire to spend some time to reflect on their faith and fate; afterall, nowhere is safe in Nigeria.

Like someone has already told you, if they are willing to die for their church and send their babies to such premature death, BH is eager to oblige them.
However, if they want life and want it more abundantly, they can seek for help.
The good book asks us to seek for knowledge, if we lack it.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 30, 2014
Do people still live in those area,let alone go to church? God gave us brain to do the right thing,that's why we are referred to as higher animal...am tired of hearing flimsy excuses why people are get killed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 30, 2014
Katier00 :
“ Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul, rather. Be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell...” Matthew 10:28 •

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by naijaking1: 3:09am On Jun 30, 2014
SeaGold: Allah need Christian Blood to survive.

The northern leaders obviously had a hand in all of this killings. Christians are persecuted in northern Nigeria and the world is keeping quiet.

What has the northern Christians done for themselves
I mean where are the Theo Danjumas, Yakubu Gowon, and all those fools who have been fooled for over 50 years. Instead Gowon is going around parading himself like an ostrich in the form of Nigeria Prays. Also where are the Borno state Christian leaders in all this? Waiting for Oritsajifor to comment then they will call him a southerner? Come on!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by prophetone(m): 3:13am On Jun 30, 2014
If Goodluck is not setting these people up after declaring a state of emergency and putting security under his purview, how can the Chibok area which is already identified as a flashpoint not have a standing unit of soldiers ready to protect and fight? What is the 1 Trillion naira budgeted for defense being used for? 2015 re-election? The blood of these people is on GJ's head and he will pay sooner or later.

Vote wisely next time.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by phlemzy: 5:06am On Jun 30, 2014
If even in the period of Ramadan,Shekau & his demonized followers could still continue to perpetrate evil,then its either they are not Islam faithfuls or there's more to their religion.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 30, 2014

The Lord rebuke you satan!
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Demdem(m): 5:37am On Jun 30, 2014
Yet this state is supposed to be under locked down as a result of state of emergency. Jonathan, yeye dey smell.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 30, 2014
Baby mama:

The Lord rebuke you satan!

What is wrong with this old witch? undecided
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by angelTI(f): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2014
I thought these evil people were supposed to be in their holy month of ramadan?

Every thing that has a beginning must surely have an end.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Acidosis(m): 6:53am On Jun 30, 2014
tit:

Like someone has already told you, if they are willing to die for their church and send their babies to such premature death, BH is eager to oblige them.
However, if they want life and want it more abundantly, they can seek for help.
The good book asks us to seek for knowledge, if we lack it.
Be informed, sir. They weren't killed because they attended Church services; rather, they died because they were Christians.

Why must they invade Southern Borno, and not the muslim dominated Northern Borno?

Your kind of Christianity (motivational) would change religion on sighting Shekau.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2014
Acidosis:
Be informed, sir. They weren't killed because they attended Church services; rather, they died because they were Christians.

Why must they invade Southern Borno, and not the muslim dominated Northern Borno?

Your kind of Christianity (motivational) would change religion on sighting Shekau.

Nobody is saying that Northern Christians should change give up their faith.

All I'm saying is that it is socially irresponsible for church leaders to keep putting their vulnerable congregations in mortal danger.

I'm not a Christian, but something I can pick from the story of Christ's death is his willingness to sacrifice himself to save his followers.

He was prepared to die so that others might live, and I think that church leaders should be following that precedent.

Organising church services in borno state is a direct anathema to the concept of the crucifixion. One leader ended his life as proof of his love for the many...another leader is providing an opportunity for many to end thier lives as proof of their love for the one.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by koikoi2(m): 7:16am On Jun 30, 2014
May God deliver this entity called Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2014
lalalefriday:
Nobody is saying that Northern Christians should change give up their faith.
All I'm saying is that it is socially irresponsible for church leaders to keep putting their vulnerable congregations in mortal danger.
I'm not a Christian, but something I can pick from the story of Christ's death is his willingness to sacrifice himself to save his followers.
He was prepared to die so that others might live, and I think that church leaders should be following that precedent.
Organising church services in borno state is a direct anathema to the concept of the crucifixion. One leader ended his life as proof of his love for the many...another leader is providing an opportunity for many to end thier lives as proof of their love for the one.

Isn't that the aim of Boko Haram - To close churches in Borno?

You want them to succumb to boko haram demands?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Military Plan To Take Over In Nigeria - Prophet Reveals / Jim Nwobodo Jailed 21 years For Stealing $5.1 Million Under Buhari regime / GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.