Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,893 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok (2824 Views)

Gunmen Attack Muslim Worshipers In Jos South / Massive Attack Ongoing In A Village Near Chibok / Gunmen Kill 20 Worshipers In Kaduna Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by jfem: 7:35am On Jun 30, 2014
How 56 people where killed ?

Got the news very early this morning that 51 people killed from: http://www.nationalmirroronline.net/new/terrorists-attack-churches-in-chibok-kill-51/
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 30, 2014
Acidosis:

Isn't that the aim of Boko Haram - To close churches in Borno?

You want them to succumb to boko haram demands?
m
In the absence of military intervention from either Abuja or Heaven, then it is expedient to adopt a safety first approach.

Borno is already an environment officially run under Islamic law anyway.

The time to campaign for religious freedom was 14 years ago, and that opportunity has been lost forever.

Now more than ever, Church leaders should be pushing an adaptation agenda to its members, even if they have to go underground for a while...
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by jakiedudu(m): 8:32am On Jun 30, 2014
lalalefriday:

Well if you are willing to die for your God, there are definitely men out there ready to oblige you.

But not everyone is willing and ready to die for their faith. The children in the church membership, often have no choice in the matter and simply go wherever their parents take them.

And even if the entire church populace is willing and ready to die for Christianity, it is still irresponsible for Church leadership to continually place it's members directly in the cross hairs of Boko Haram
Rubbish.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Dlionsheart: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2014
lalalefriday: At some point, I think the leadership of these churches must be held equally responsible for these murders.

Running a church and organizing Sunday Services in the Northern Hot Spots right now is not an act of defiance or bravery in the face of persecution.

It is a suicidal act that puts church followers in unnecessary danger.

These men of God are equally culpable and complicit in these murders.

lalalefriday:
Well if you are willing to die for your God, there are definitely men out there ready to oblige you.
But not everyone is willing and ready to die for their faith. The children in the church membership, often have no choice in the matter and simply go wherever their parents take them.
And even if the entire church populace is willing and ready to die for Christianity, it is still irresponsible for Church leadership to continually place it's members directly in the cross hairs of Boko Haram

Common sense should tell you that one of the aims of the boko haram sect is to Islamized the north and drive all Christians away. If the Christians sit back at home for the fears of being kill, refused to attend church services, then boko haram has won.

I have gone through the pages of the bible and throughout history and discovered that NO ONE, NO TERROR ATTACKS, no matter how highly placed or skilled have won their battle against the Almighty God and its church. They only succeed in the beginning while our patient God watch and waits for them to repent. Remember, He never went any soul to perish but for all to repent. He is slow to anger. One day with the Lord is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day. No one kicks his foot against The Rock without being wounded.

am a Christian and I lived in the north, I go to church in spite of attacks. FOR ME TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE A GREAT GAIN. What shall separate us (believers in Christ) from the love of Christ? Is it boko haram, killing, tribulations, suffering, hunger, etc? Can these afflictions be compared with the JOY UNSPEAKABLE that shall be reveal when He shall return in His Glory to rapture the redeemed

JEHOVAH, THE MAN OF WAR, THE WINNER OF ALL BATTLE shall arise and fight for His people, and when that day come, let all the deadliest terrorist groups in the whole world with their strongest weapons combined with Nigeria's boko haram and all their biggest bomb come together to fight Him. I assure us, they cannot withstand a single Angel for just a minute.

boko haram's day are numbered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2014
I laugh at the brainwashed christians on this thread. Most of you are talking rubbish because you are yet to become a victim of this devil in human flesh boko boys. God forbid, you attend church service one day and you luckily escape being killed while other members of your church died in numbers, lets see if you will even have the heart to quote chapters in the bible, let alone attend any church service. Even Jesus went on temporary Hibernation when he noticed the Pharisees were after his life.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 01, 2014
The same Boko haram whose bombs are discovered and detonated by 5 year old kids when parked in front of mosques will become Shina Rambo in churches
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 01, 2014
lalalefriday: m
In the absence of military intervention from either Abuja or Heaven, then it is expedient to adopt a safety first approach.

Borno is already an environment officially run under Islamic law anyway.

The time to campaign for religious freedom was 14 years ago, and that opportunity has been lost forever.

Now more than ever, Church leaders should be pushing an adaptation agenda to its members, even if they have to go underground for a while...

You are certainly reasoning through your a$$
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by naijaking1: 5:25am On Jul 01, 2014
lalalefriday:

Nobody is saying that Northern Christians should change give up their faith.

All I'm saying is that it is socially irresponsible for church leaders to keep putting their vulnerable congregations in mortal danger.

I'm not a Christian, but something I can pick from the story of Christ's death is his willingness to sacrifice himself to save his followers.

He was prepared to die so that others might live, and I think that church leaders should be following that precedent.

Organising church services in borno state is a direct anathema to the concept of the crucifixion. One leader ended his life as proof of his love for the many...another leader is providing an opportunity for many to end thier lives as proof of their love for the one.

There is no question, every church leader everywhere in Nigeria today ought to be security conscious.
With that said, stopping people from worshiping just because of fear of attack is unrealistic. The muslim religion is designed to eventually kill all non-members in the vicinity, because:
1. They start off as a peaceful and tolerant group
2. Then you notice that everything you do as a non-muslim is bad----wearing comfortable dress, enjoying alcohol, eating pork, keeping dogs, etc are strongly condemned.
3. Then they appeal to you to changes these ways of life, because for example, looking at a comfortably dressed girl in trousers violets their religion.
4. Then they restrict your places of worship if you're not a muslim
5. Then they deny you access to state jobs and positions if you don't belong to their religion
6. If you still don't get, they will implement sharia law, initially saying saying it's only for muslims, then you have Hisbah police raiding people beer parlour, even if you're a christian, you're forced to dress like a lousy muslim
7. And if you're still walking around yelling one Nigeria, they will send cattle to eat up your crops in the field
8. If they miss shooting you at your home in the village, they simply wait for you at the church on Sunday.

That's what we have in Nigeria, and all these never happened overnight. That's how the Nigerian and northern state governments allow Islam to emasculate other religions.
In many countries such as Iran, Pakistan, Sudan, it's ok to kill you just because you're a christian, we don't even know how close we are to the situations in these countries.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 01, 2014
Baby mama:

You are certainly reasoning through your a$$

Go and focus on writing threads on immigration and deodorant.

Your brain is not developed to handle this kind of discourse..
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2014
naijaking1:

There is no question, every church leader everywhere in Nigeria today ought to be security conscious.
With that said, stopping people from worshiping just because of fear of attack is unrealistic.

Borno is effectively a muslim state legally governed under muslim law since 2001

The ancestors of the indigenous Chibok victims would have been muslims who converted to Christianity either during the colonial era or in more recent times.

Under Islamic law they are guilty of apostasy...and the prescribed penalty for such a crime is death.

Frankly these people are legitimate targets for victimization by a slightly more pious muslim....let alone extremist outfit like Boko Haram.

Within this context, and being fully aware of the Government's reluctance/inability to provide adequate security, I believe it is gross irresponsibility on the part of church leaders to continually expose their members to the continual danger of sectarian violence.
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by naijaking1: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2014
lalalefriday:

Borno is effectively a muslim state legally governed under muslim law since 2001

The ancestors of the indigenous Chibok victims would have been muslims who converted to Christianity either during the colonial era or in more recent times.

Under Islamic law they are guilty of apostasy...and the prescribed penalty for such a crime is death.

Frankly these people are legitimate targets for victimization by a slightly more pious muslim....let alone extremist outfit like Boko Haram.

Within this context, and being fully aware of the Government's reluctance/inability to provide adequate security, I believe it is gross irresponsibility on the part of church leaders to continually expose their members to the continual danger of sectarian violence.

That's the problem!
If you convert from any other religion to Islam you're welcome, and those other religions don't even give a damn. However, if you re-convert from Islam back to your former religion, then you're guilty, and should be put to death
Before you rush to tell me that's how it is in Islam, I want to tell you that first of all there something called human right!
If islam is such a wonderful and peaceful religion, why not give people freedom of choice?
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by naijaking1: 6:40am On Jul 01, 2014
Christians in Borno like every part of this country have a right to practice their religion in their own place. If we have an official reason to eliminate them, then next would be Adamawa, Cross River, etc
There is no justification to take one's life because of a fanatical interpretation of a religious tenet. I get it, the silence greeting Boko Haram's sacrilagiuos activities means a tacit approval from the muslim leaders above?
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 01, 2014
naijaking1:

That's the problem!
If you convert from any other religion to Islam you're welcome, and those other religions don't even give a damn. However, if you re-convert from Islam back to your former religion, then you're guilty, and should be put to death
Before you rush to tell me that's how it is in Islam, I want to tell you that first of all there something called human right!
If islam is such a wonderful and peaceful religion, why not give people freedom of choice?

Mate you are campaigning to the wrong person.

Human rights flew out the window when Sharia was officially adopted in the core north.

And sharia is incompatible with human rights
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by naijaking1: 6:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Sharia was not there when we agreed to form this union, sharia was not there when everybody in Nigeria joined hands to suppress Biafra. Now the people who achieved myopic fame and glory from putting Ojukwu down have their own kits and kin mowed down by muslim fanatics every day. How funny!
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by naijaking1: 6:44am On Jul 01, 2014
Sharia has no place in Nigeria, not north, not south, and definetley not as a universal law for christians, pagans, and others
Re: Boko Haram Locks Worshipers In Church, Kills 56 Near Chibok by ojimbo(m): 6:50am On Jul 01, 2014
keep on confusing nigerians, fake news

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Appoints Umar As Accountant-general / North, S/west Do Not Need The Rest Of Nigeria – Alamieyeseigha / If Saraki Resigns, Ekweremadu (PDP) Is Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.