Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678356 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
VisaOfficer:
I am departing Nigeria tonight and am rushing around today to get everything finished! So, Nairaland, this is goodbye! Goodbye until next week, anyway. I'll still be online to answer questions until my successor arrives in Lagos.

I'd say a big sentimental goodbye, but I'd rather leave that until I sign off for good. Today's goodbye is just a temporary one. See you soon!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
will miss you. Thank you for all u did for my family and I. Is it possible to leave that gorgeous hair behind.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 12:25am On Aug 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:
I am departing Nigeria tonight and am rushing around today to get everything finished! So, Nairaland, this is goodbye! Goodbye until next week, anyway. I'll still be online to answer questions until my successor arrives in Lagos.

I'd say a big sentimental goodbye, but I'd rather leave that until I sign off for good. Today's goodbye is just a temporary one. See you soon!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
I was wishing and hoping u wuld av guided me through all the neccessary processes b4 l go, l still got hopes since u said this is just a temporary goodbye. I want to use this medium to thank you for how far you av helped me and others. If not for ur kind advice and d way u reply questions, alot of people wuld av acted wrongly tru ignorance while some wuld av fallen into scamism. I av learnt a great deal of knowledge frm dis platform. The Good Lord will bless you and your generations to cum IJN. Mercy dat surpasses judgment ll always work for u IJN. Since its jst a temporary goodbye, l still blive God will use u to complete my case too, not seeing my dad for 8years isnt a jokin matter. Thank u Ma

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Sumerah: 6:29am On Aug 03, 2015
Good Morning,

Please can you help me find out if my husbands Visa is ready for pick-up. I was issued on 7/27... I have tried to track it but have not been successful.

LGS2015537022

Thank You
SUmerah
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dyke004(m): 11:04am On Aug 03, 2015
Hello everyone,
I know this issues have been treated here but i cant find them now, kindly help me with the answers
How long does it usually take the embassy to attend to the application filed by your brother on your behalf.
If I have a valid visit visa and my brother decided to file for me, will the visit visa have any effect on the filing.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kennydree: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It depends how long you've been outside the U.S. If you left less than 12 months ago, you can apply for a boarding foil; if more than 12 months, you should apply for Returning Resident status, which is more complicated and more expensive. Either way, you can ask for an appointment by e-mailing LagosIV@state.gov.

(I keep trying to attach the instruction documents here, but my computer won't let me....)

I got your really prompt response last week, thanks so much. I am still in need of the list of documents or requirements and processes for getting the boarding foil. Is there a link to the documents, as an alternative? I'm a bit confused as the information on the US Embassy Nigeria website is not clear to me.

When I request the interview and get one via the email, is there a list of documents that I need to bring along?

Looking forward to receiving the documents. Please help me. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olukenny12: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello sir,

Pls I have to questions to ask

1. After my dna test has been carry out on the 19 aug and I was told that it will be send to the us lab that day pls how many days will it take to get the result bck

2. Is it the same day my result arrive to the embassy. I will be call to come the next day for my result collection

3. If the dna result match will i be ask to drop my passport that same day after no other document are required.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
Please I can't upload my passport photo on the DS-160 form online as there is no provision for passport upload on the screen. Or are we meant to bring a passport photo to the Consulate. Please this question is directed at anyone that has filled his/her form. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by torawno: 3:07am On Aug 05, 2015
The kind of good karma you must take for helping ppl like this!

Here's my story smiley

Im a US citizen and I had applied for my son's immigration in 2009. Last week, I got a packet from the National Visa Center. The PAOSF welcome letter indicated that we now need to take this forward submit fee etc.

In the past few years, my son's status has changed. We weren't able to update his application with so much happening. He got married and got divorced. He has not children and he's been traveling as well for work. Meanwhile he also got a Canadian PR so now he's living in Toronto. He hasn't applied to visit us in the US yet, but was planning to. Obviously, with his country of birth Passport, he would need a visa even as a Canadian PR. We were told to not apply for a visit visa as this would automatically potentially disqualify him for a visit visa. Now with the PASOF NVC letter, where does that leave us?

With what little we were able to ask around, we were told that we should proceed as stated in the letter. Select agent (myself - father), pay fee. On the DS260 I can update all my son's info including address, marital status etc. He will be required to submit a copy of his divorce decree together with his other civil documents. Since his residence is already in Canada, he may include a short letter requesting that he be interviewed at the US Embassy in Canada. Of course with proof of residency.

Does this sound legit?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Keyla11: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello sir,
I would love if you could answer my question.
I am Italian, 25, and about to apply for a K-1visa with my American Fiancè.
We've been dating for almost 2 years now, and met each other 6 times already in different countries (he is visiting me in italy right now), been talking every day and taking pictures, so we have a lot of proofs of our relationship.
The problem is that on July 1st I was refused a F1 visa, based on 214(b)-lack of ties with my country- (because I travelled a lot in the past 3 years), to go to the USA for 2 years to study.
My concern is not much the refusal, but the fact that when I was asked who "Austin Bleep" was (my by now fiancè, and boyfriend back then) , I answered "a friend", and then I was asked "just a friend?" and I said "yes" because I was so nervous and I thought that having a boyfriend there it would have been a reason more to have the visa granted.
The reason why they knew his name, was because when in December I went to visit him on an ESTA, I told I was there to visit my boyfriend, and I told them his name when asked. I didn't remember about this at the F-1 interview.

Now, my problem is: when AND IF i will be at the interview, and I will be asked "why I said we were just friends", could I say "because I was nervous and scared"? What would be the consequences? I feel so dumb about what I said..but I would rather admit the truth now. But I really don't want to be banned from the USA, I want to be able to be with my Fiancè...
What do you recommend?

Thanks so much for your time!!!
All the best
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Elvisabo(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
HELLO SIR

My name is Elvis i applied for an f1 visa two weeks ago in ukraine, cause i graduated last year as a computer engineer and did my intershape for eight months .now i got an admission from a university in the united state(master computer sc) and i applied for an f1 visa but i was refused i was told that i don't have strong ties that i have better changes in my home country (nigeria) but most of my classmate got their visa from ukraine too same week and the week before now im thinking of reapplying cause i have all the right documents , i felt i was been racially profiled that day . cause the ukrainians that was there going for study they could not even prove as much document has i have or explaine there self and with less question and they were issued visa. in the forum when applying it was wask if i have been refused a US visa ( i will say yes ) but i ask to explain why ? what should i say
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Andac: 11:24am On Aug 06, 2015
in 2002 my grandmother a US Citecen fild the form for f3 imigration visa for my father. I was 14 years old at that time. Last year we were all aproved for imigrant visa and we are wayting for the interview. in 2010 I gost maried and i am getting the papers in my new name.in 2011 a gave birth to my daughter. my question is Which is the fastest way to tahe my child and husbund to the us with me? and how long does it take? we are Romanian citecen. i hope you can enlithen me in this situation. i have never been apart from my child more that 24 hours
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Tnx VO for ur good works
Hi everyone..my case is still at nvc(IR2 category) and this is what it shows anytime I check my case status..pls I'd love to ask the house(especially people who have passed through nvc stage) is this what its meant to show when the petitioner has done everything needed and set for interview date?
Thanks
Pic below: what it shows anytime I check my case....says "case at NVC"

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Elvisabo(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2015
My name is Elvis i applied for an f1 visa two weeks ago in ukraine, cause i graduated last year as a computer engineer and did my intershape for eight months .now i got an admission from a university in the united state(master computer sc) and i applied for an f1 visa but i was refused i was told that i don't have strong ties that i have better changes in my home country (nigeria) but most of my classmate got their visa from ukraine too same week and the week before now im thinking of reapplying cause i have all the right documents , i felt i was been racially profiled that day . cause the ukrainians that was there going for study they could not even prove as much document has i have or explaine there self and with less question and they were issued visa. in the forum when applying it was wask if i have been refused a US visa ( i will say yes ) but i ask to explain why ? what should i say
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Filipe4: 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice to be part of this forum....I have this question... I live in Europe...having my good work ..with contract. my wife an kid is citizen of Holland..I applied for non immigration visa in embassy of America. In Holland..but they rejected me base on I don't have resident permit in Holland.. but can I reapply in my country Nigeria... but lo grime have not being in Nigeria.. What is d chances of getting d visa in Nigerian l
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 08, 2015
Hi VO, please I'm not clear on something about my wife's F2A visa.

My wife's priority date is in September 2014 and I think the visa bulletin's cut off is still in Nov 2013 but I just got a mail from NVC telling me they have started processing her case.

They asked me to start the six stages of the process of which I have already put my name as her agent.

Does it mean she will be through before her priority date or what? I'm happy but confused about it.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hi guyz
Pls who can explain to me in details meaning of visa bulletin and how to check for IR2 category
Priority date : August 27th 2013
Tnx
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fideco: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Hello Guys,

Is it true that the USA embassy server is down and not taking Interviews at the moment? My Appointment is on 13th August and I want to be sure before traveling to Abuja.

I need this Urgently Please!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2015
@All

Keep your questions coming the VO will be here probably by tomorrow to answer them
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by julius99(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
JUSTWISE PLEASE CAN YOU VERIFY THIS FOR ME
fideco:
Hello Guys,

Is it true that the USA embassy server is down and not taking Interviews at the moment? My Appointment is on 13th August and I want to be sure before traveling to Abuja.

I need this Urgently Please!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dear VO,
Please I need you to help me with this question even though it's a non immigrant question though, my sister want to adopt my niece she is 11 years old because my brother who happened to be her father died 2 weeks ago and there's no one to take care of her again because the mom is not with her too.
Now, she is thinking of inviting her first for visitation and then go back to nigeria to start the adoption process.
Now, my question is Wil she attend interview since she is just 11yrs old or is it drop box that should be done for her? Awaiting ur answer ma'am.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
julius99:
JUSTWISE PLEASE CAN YOU VERIFY THIS FOR ME

abujaniv:

Hello julius99,

It's not true. We have interviews all week. If this changes for any reason, we will contact you.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DV2015APPLICANT: 12:25am On Aug 10, 2015
Dear VO ,
If a post rescheduled a Diversity Visa Interview without the request of the applicant , and later after the rescheduled interview was conducted , the post found out that the visas slots reserved were gone cause of not being used at the time scheduled originally by KCC , what can the post do at this stage .? What can the applicant do ? Your answer will be highly appreciated
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Back online!

Sorry about the prolonged absence. My laptop was acting up, and it turns out there aren't any internet cafes in my neighborhood. Also, I admit I was running around visiting old friends and being negligent about fixing my computer woes. But, the computer is now fixed, and I miss Nigeria, so here I am.

I can't promise to log in every day, but I'll do my best to answer questions until my replacement arrives in Lagos.

Hope everyone is doing well! smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.