Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678345 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
[url][/url]
babygirl2013:
Hello Pls all as My Hubby interview close dis week...which Dress can he put ON? he tinks Yoruba Attire white Buba n Sokoto with pair of shoe! Pls is Dress code ok? Or hav any effects on Interview? Just want everything ok 4 him! Thx

He should wear whatever he feels comfortable in. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
bucey:
Had my k-1 fiancee visa interview in the 3rd September in Lagos Nigeria my status on CEAC changed on the 10th September and asked to check after two working days for a change but I checked all through today but no change , please I want to know if there is no problem

I have no way of knowing. Please e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and ask for an update.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
winnie123:
Please what about someone that is born outside Lagos? Because i just submitted attestation of birth to the NVC and i was not born in Lagos.

uote author=VisaOfficer post=37979158]

Thanks for the clarification!

People born outside of Lagos should contact the local government that issued their original certificate directly and ask for a re-issued certificate, if they can't find their original birth certificate. If an attestation of birth is all you have, NVC may or may not have additional questions for you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ekwemnachukwu:
Dear, VO.
I have been to the embassy more than 30 times since 1996. The first time was under DV but i was denied visa because my documents could not be verified. The second time around was in 1998, my sister filed for me, claiming to be my mother and i came with another age different from my previous information. I was asked to go for DNA test, i did the test and it was ok, they kept on rescheduling me and at the end i got nothing. Am tired of lying, i want to come clean. Please what do i do now? My brother filed for me 12years ago and it has been approved. Can i be eligible for a waiver? What can the waiver do in my case?

From what you've written, you are permanently ineligible under INA 212(a)(6)(C)(i), material misrepresentation. You can apply for a waiver of this ineligibility if you have a spouse, child, or parent who is a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident in the U.S. who would suffer hardship if you were not granted the visa. If your only family members in the U.S. are siblings, you will not be eligible for a waiver.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
toyinaoke:
Hi, Visa Officer.
After my interview, I was requested to submit some documents, to be dropped off at GSS DOCUMENTS COLLECTION CENTER, DHL HOUSE, Lagos.
Can I mail these documents through a poster service or someone to the drop off location?

I'd have someone drop them off for you, rather than using a poster service.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ladyk31: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hi VO, I overlooked inputting my middle name when scheduling my appointment for an immigrant visa, I used just my first name and last name. My passport and ds160 confirmation read my first, last and middle name. Will this be an issue on interview date
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ladyk31:
Hi VO, I overlooked inputting my middle name when scheduling my appointment for an immigrant visa, I used just my first name and last name. My passport and ds160 confirmation read my first, last and middle name. Will this be an issue on interview date

Nope, shouldn't be a problem. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ladyk31: 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
Thanks a lot VO. I've been really worried about it all day, was thinking I'd lose my already made appointment or have to pay another visa fee. Now I can heave a sigh of relief and sleep with my mind at rest
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by toyinaoke: 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'd have someone drop them off for you, rather than using a poster service.

Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by toyinaoke: 11:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Visa Officer,
Concerning GSS documents collection center,
Is it necessary that I go there myself to submit the required docs?
Kindly, help.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 4:11am On Sep 15, 2015
Visa Officer,
I will like to know how immigrant interview is been scheduled, Is it scheduled online like the non-immigrant or one will just recieve letter of appointment at the convenience of the embassy?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by goldmarklink(m): 6:21am On Sep 15, 2015
Hello vo,

My f1 immigrant visa was approved August 21. A few days later I was asked to submit a new medical report as the previous one had expired. I submitted it on the 29th of August at Dhl in Isolo. The embassy confirmed it had received the new report. I was told visa would be ready for pick up in 5 working days. It is more than 8 working days now and when i check the update it says status not available. Also my ceac status has been stuck on ready since 29th. I sent a mail to The consulate but got a vague response. Pls is there any reason for this delay?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2015
I have a birth certificate issued by the hospital, but since it is not acceptable by the immigration that was why i got attestation of birth from the NPC.

VisaOfficer:

People born outside of Lagos should contact the local government that issued their original certificate directly and ask for a re-issued certificate, if they can't find their original birth certificate. If an attestation of birth is all you have, NVC may or may not have additional questions for you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
toyinaoke:
Visa Officer,
Concerning GSS documents collection center,
Is it necessary that I go there myself to submit the required docs?
Kindly, help.
Thank you

No, someone else can go for you, but it's best to write a note stating that so-and-so is dropping off documents for your case, LGSXXXxxxxxx. If you received a drop-off letter or an e-mail you can print out, I'd give them a copy of that, too.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Titilayodeji13:
Visa Officer,
I will like to know how immigrant interview is been scheduled, Is it scheduled online like the non-immigrant or one will just recieve letter of appointment at the convenience of the embassy?
Thanks

K appointments are scheduled online. All other immigrant visa appointments (generally speaking) are scheduled by NVC according to the Consulate's availability.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
goldmarklink:
Hello vo,

My f1 immigrant visa was approved August 21. A few days later I was asked to submit a new medical report as the previous one had expired. I submitted it on the 29th of August at Dhl in Isolo. The embassy confirmed it had received the new report. I was told visa would be ready for pick up in 5 working days. It is more than 8 working days now and when i check the update it says status not available. Also my ceac status has been stuck on ready since 29th. I sent a mail to The consulate but got a vague response. Pls is there any reason for this delay?

I can think of several reasons why there might be a delay, but since I'm not in Lagos, I have no way of knowing which applies in your case. Feel free to keep e-mailing the Consulate for updates, or to call the collection center.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
winnie123:
I have a birth certificate issued by the hospital, but since it is not acceptable by the immigration that was why i got attestation of birth from the NPC.

You never had a government-issued birth certificate? May I ask why not?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bucey: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sir please I had my interview on September 3rd on a k-1 fiancee visa immigrants visa, passed the interview but up till now have been checking my status it's changed only on the 10th and that I should wait another two business working days and up till now am yet to hear anything. Sir please can you help me check if the visa have been printed and ready for collection
Lgs2015691007. Thank you so much
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dear vo ,
my case was approved in 2003, PD (Aug 2003)
but my case number is starting with LGS2004
instead of LGS2003,
yet to get interview date f3 visa ,
want to know if that's responsible 4 the delay?
have submitted all necessary documents since April, but am yet to get an interview date
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by debbyAde: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello ma,thank you for your timely response,i really appreciate. Pls I tried to schedule my appointment online for my k1 visa but after typing the mrv it shows me there are currently no appointment available and I tried a couple of times more but still got the same message,and afterwards I got a message on the page saying I am approaching the maximum number of times I can view the page. I have to get an appointment soon cos my petition expires in November. Pls what do I do?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
bucey:
Sir please I had my interview on September 3rd on a k-1 fiancee visa immigrants visa, passed the interview but up till now have been checking my status it's changed only on the 10th and that I should wait another two business working days and up till now am yet to hear anything. Sir please can you help me check if the visa have been printed and ready for collection
Lgs2015691007. Thank you so much

Sorry, I no longer work in Lagos. I'm just continuing to answer general immigration-related questions until Sept. 25, when I depart for my next assignment (and my replacement departs for Lagos). You can e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and ask them for an update.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
richie5655:
Dear vo ,
my case was approved in 2003, PD (Aug 2003)
but my case number is starting with LGS2004
instead of LGS2003,
yet to get interview date f3 visa ,
want to know if that's responsible 4 the delay?
have submitted all necessary documents since April, but am yet to get an interview date

No, that wouldn't be responsible for the delay. It sounds like your case is current; if so, it will be scheduled for the next available appointment date.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
debbyAde:
Hello ma,thank you for your timely response,i really appreciate. Pls I tried to schedule my appointment online for my k1 visa but after typing the mrv it shows me there are currently no appointment available and I tried a couple of times more but still got the same message,and afterwards I got a message on the page saying I am approaching the maximum number of times I can view the page. I have to get an appointment soon cos my petition expires in November. Pls what do I do?

Don't worry about your petition expiring. The Consular officer has the authority to extend the petition's validity until such time as you manage to appear for an interview. It's okay if the appointment you set up comes after the expiration date of the petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Felz(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dear VO

while I was setting up an account to enable me schedule an appointment, in the ID, I wrote ..........@yahoo.com instead of .......@gmail.com, I had already hit submit before realizing so I stopped and entered the correct one, but I guess it was too late, it has already been created, so I attempted to set up a new one with my correct email, but it won't let me, what do I do, should I go ahead and schedule my appointment with the account that has an a wrong email, and manually change the email on the form? pls advice
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No, that wouldn't be responsible for the delay. It sounds like your case is current; if so, it will be scheduled for the next available appointment date.
Thanks alot,
hoping to get interview date soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
Felz:
Dear VO

while I was setting up an account to enable me schedule an appointment, in the ID, I wrote ..........@yahoo.com instead of .......@gmail.com, I had already hit submit before realizing so I stopped and entered the correct one, but I guess it was too late, it has already been created, so I attempted to set up a new one with my correct email, but it won't let me, what do I do, should I go ahead and schedule my appointment with the account that has an a wrong email, and manually change the email on the form? pls advice

Sounds like a question for our call center: +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by debbyAde: 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Don't worry about your petition expiring. The Consular officer has the authority to extend the petition's validity until such time as you manage to appear for an interview. It's okay if the appointment you set up comes after the expiration date of the petition.

OK ma, thank you for your response. My status on ceac shows ready for interview, I paid the visa fee on the 14th September but each time I type in the 8digit reference number and proceed to schedule the appointment it tells me to complete payment which I have already done at the bank. Before it's says there are currently no appointment dates now it says I have exceeded the number of times I could view the page. I don't know how long it's gonna take to be able to schedule my appointment cos it's well over 36 hours now that I paid. I'm a bit worried, you know that feeling wink
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
debbyAde:

ma, thank you for your response. My status on ceac shows ready for interview, I paid the visa fee on the 14th September but each time I type in the 8digit reference number and proceed to schedule the appointment it tells me to complete payment which I have already done at the bank. Before it's says there are currently no appointment dates now it says I have exceeded the number of times I could view the page. I don't know how long it's gonna take to be able to schedule my appointment cos it's well over 36 hours now that I paid. I'm a bit worried, you know that feeling wink

I do know that feeling. It's not a good feeling, but usually everything turns out all right. wink

If you continue to have trouble, try calling the support center at +234 414 40 62 18 or e-mailing them at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by buster(m): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good evening VO. My elder sister who is united states citizen filed for my dad. He attended the interview and was given a date to come pickup his passport. Only for him to be told that they gonna contact him that he needs to be investigated. I really don't understand cos its over a month and we ve nt gotten any update from them.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Omoare80: 12:56am On Sep 16, 2015
HI VO,

Thanks for everything. Please do you have any idea if NVC still scheduling or already scheduled October interview for Nigeria applicants... thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.