Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School (15836 Views)

Institutions With The Best Students' Union Government (SUG) / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by jaryeh(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Yea. Thanks for the editing. I await it making frontpage.

#OAUsaysNO

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
papindinho: Francis!! I'm not any of the two.

....and you are?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by papindinho(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

....and you are?
an administrator

2 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Davo93(m): 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
Can Fynestboi please help us lock this topic till it will grace the Front Page to prevent it from been derailed.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Fynestboi: 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
Davo93: Can Fynestboi please help us lock this topic till it will grace the Front Page to prevent it from been derailed.
whoever derail the thread now will get the deserving tag.

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by jaryeh(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
Fynestboi:

i cant move but i can recommend which i have done.

mynd44, obinoscopy, mukina2

Supermods, we've edited it as you said we should. Pls, kindly move it to the homepage. Thanks.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by 9jahubcom(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
so
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by ano44: 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
jaryeh:

#teamOAU #OAUsaysNO #OmoleMUSTgo #DurosinmiMUSTresign

Has the FG given the FG varsities 100% control over
the institutions? Can u see that the unchecked
unwarranted annually increased fees of the predegree
students have degenerated into? Isn’t it the increase in
stalites and undergrads fees in general? Failure to checking
the excesses of those in charge of the predegree program
has finally led to the unpardonable increase we are now
witnessing
What honest change has the increment of acceptance
fees which is yet to be defined from 2000 to 20000 naira in 2011
brought to the school or OAU campus?
We heard the management of the Lagos state university
LASU have been instructed to refund the students that
have been unnecessarily levied by the same kind of capitalist
we have in OAU
All the freshers that have been unduly charged and
extorted by the management in Obafemi Awolowo University
should and must be refunded. The management knows from experience
that these young lads are hungry and cannot wait to be called undergrads
considering years have spent @ home why not let us collect huge money
from them after all predegree students are paying almost 200,000 naira
why shouldn’t these part 1 in embryo not be able to pay 100,000 naira?
Isn’t the predegree program not losing the the very essence for which it
was created? Consider the rhetoric of OAU management “if education is
expensive why not try ignorance”
I’d like to ask all the promoters of increment in school fees that if this
was how it had been in our VC’s undergraduate days would he have gone
to school? If we permit this evil now what will OAU become in the next
10(ten) foreseeable years? Your siblings and your children will not only
be able to go to school but you ‘d either have to pay through your nose
or borrow so that your kids can go to school.

This is the time we need a rebranding and revolution in our education
sector. The corrupt men must be penalized. Our management
think that the more money they get the more positive change they can
bring to OAU which has been proven to be false by the Nigerian super eagles
Football team! What have been the concrete dividends of the 6months
old ASUU strike action in which the students deceived into believing
our interest was the fought for? When there is no vision for the
children you call leaders of tomorrow the children will perish
FG should know that most of these management officials don’t have
their children hear so they compare what their children are paying abroad
to what we are paying here? Many of these men would have ended up
becoming motorcyclist and at most messengers were it not for the free
education Awolowo gave them in fact they protested over not having
a full chicken @ the end of the week per student apart from free food
they were given. Now that you have benefitted from the system look @
What you are doing to the clear clean and calm stream from which you
drank to your fill? You are dirtying the stream making it unfit for drinking
and you pray to your god that it should be well with you…
If you don’t stop yearly increase in the predegree students fees then
the Federal government should stop the program. What is the meaning of OAU
International school to the poor man children that cannot afford the 200,000 naira
they are yearly paying? Don’t misconstrue me! I’m not saying people shouldn’t
go to private schools but why should such exorbitant fees be affiliated with a federal
institution? Aren’t you fighting the foundation upon the OAU was created… equity
and rights for all? Why are you turning education once a right into privilege of the elite?
The OAU student’s protest wouldn’t have happen if the management hadn’t proven
herself to be unreliable... You said you were not going to increase stalites tuition didn’t you? Consider this by Thomas Paine “As a long and violent abuse of power is generally the means of calling the right of it in question, (and in matters too which might never have been thought of, had not the sufferers been aggravated into the inquiry,)”

Boko Haram call western education sin are you better than them when you disallow
some from going to school by your inaction? Putting out the light of hope {free education
} from the eyes of the downtrodden and less privileged in this society by your actions
is an act that will go down in history as unforgiveable to whosoever initiated this evil!
because you sell the future of education of the poor to the rich so that your bank account can
be fatter you cannot escape the wrath of God

To my fellow students I turn in the light of the present realities in the
Federal institutions across the federation what are your take on the increment
in school fees? Should there be increment? If there is by what proportion?
Needn’t our parents become more actively involved in activities in the higher institutions?
If our parents had unanimously opposed the increment in 2011 via all the means available
pressure on the FG would these events see the light of the day? Permit me to
pause the eye-opener by writing…
ALUTA CONTINUA … GOD BLESS OAU GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

5 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by ano44: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Has the FG given the FG varsities 100% control over
the institutions? Can u see that the unchecked
unwarranted annually increased fees of the predegree
students have degenerated into? Isn’t it the increase in
stalites and undergrads fees in general? Failure to checking
the excesses of those in charge of the predegree program
has finally led to the unpardonable increase we are now
witnessing
What honest change has the increment of acceptance
fees which is yet to be defined from 2000 to 20000 naira in 2011
brought to the school or OAU campus?
We heard the management of the Lagos state university
LASU have been instructed to refund the students that
have been unnecessarily levied by the same kind of capitalist
we have in OAU
All the freshers that have been unduly charged and
extorted by the management in Obafemi Awolowo University
should and must be refunded. The management knows from experience
that these young lads are hungry and cannot wait to be called undergrads
considering years have spent @ home why not let us collect huge money
from them after all predegree students are paying almost 200,000 naira
why shouldn’t these part 1 in embryo not be able to pay 100,000 naira?
Isn’t the predegree program not losing the the very essence for which it
was created? Consider the rhetoric of OAU management “if education is
expensive why not try ignorance”
I’d like to ask all the promoters of increment in school fees that if this
was how it had been in our VC’s undergraduate days would he have gone
to school? If we permit this evil now what will OAU become in the next
10(ten) foreseeable years? Your siblings and your children will not only
be able to go to school but you ‘d either have to pay through your nose
or borrow so that your kids can go to school.

This is the time we need a rebranding and revolution in our education
sector. The corrupt men must be penalized. Our management
think that the more money they get the more positive change they can
bring to OAU which has been proven to be false by the Nigerian super eagles
Football team! What have been the concrete dividends of the 6months
old ASUU strike action in which the students deceived into believing
our interest was the fought for? When there is no vision for the
children you call leaders of tomorrow the children will perish
FG should know that most of these management officials don’t have
their children hear so they compare what their children are paying abroad
to what we are paying here? Many of these men would have ended up
becoming motorcyclist and at most messengers were it not for the free
education Awolowo gave them in fact they protested over not having
a full chicken @ the end of the week per student apart from free food
they were given. Now that you have benefitted from the system look @
What you are doing to the clear clean and calm stream from which you
drank to your fill? You are dirtying the stream making it unfit for drinking
and you pray to your god that it should be well with you…
If you don’t stop yearly increase in the predegree students fees then
the Federal government should stop the program. What is the meaning of OAU
International school to the poor man children that cannot afford the 200,000 naira
they are yearly paying? Don’t misconstrue me! I’m not saying people shouldn’t
go to private schools but why should such exorbitant fees be affiliated with a federal
institution? Aren’t you fighting the foundation upon the OAU was created… equity
and rights for all? Why are you turning education once a right into privilege of the elite?
The OAU student’s protest wouldn’t have happen if the management hadn’t proven
herself to be unreliable... You said you were not going to increase stalites tuition didn’t you? Consider this by Thomas Paine “As a long and violent abuse of power is generally the means of calling the right of it in question, (and in matters too which might never have been thought of, had not the sufferers been aggravated into the inquiry,)”

Boko Haram call western education sin are you better than them when you disallow
some from going to school by your inaction? Putting out the light of hope {free education
} from the eyes of the downtrodden and less privileged in this society by your actions
is an act that will go down in history as unforgiveable to whosoever initiated this evil!
because you sell the future of education of the poor to the rich so that your bank account can
be fatter you cannot escape the wrath of God

To my fellow students I turn in the light of the present realities in the
Federal institutions across the federation what are your take on the increment
in school fees? Should there be increment? If there is by what proportion?
Needn’t our parents become more actively involved in activities in the higher institutions?
If our parents had unanimously opposed the increment in 2011 via all the means available
pressure on the FG would these events see the light of the day? Permit me to
pause the eye-opener by writing…
ALUTA CONTINUA … GOD BLESS OAU GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by BlackPeni5: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
See old students.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by LogansShadow: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
Aluta continua!.....................Victoria is my WIFE! grin

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by winiwini: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
na wa o, and you say you dey this school? look up jor

michaeltotti: Av heard all.bt d resumption date is nt stated.when r we resuming?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by babatawa(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
oma shey o shocked

this ife pipu like skul sha undecided undecided
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by babatawa(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
Logan's shadow:
Aluta continua!.....................Victoria is my WIFE! grin

and im trippin for her too
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
Good luck to all OAU students...
Its going to be a long and arduous fight
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by shilexholly(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oau sha...run 4 ur life o....
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by TemmyTee82(f): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Please can somebody tell me when registration would close? I am yet to pay and somebody told me it would close on Monday!
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sammie007(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
bolaji73: How I wish NL has an e-slap button.so with all what's being stated there you were only concerned about resumption?.
I guess the school anthem has no meaning to you or probably you find it difficult to understand the lines.
dude,u are so unbelievable... I have been reading ur post for a while nw and u sound like a freshly gratuated secondary student... do u visions atall, if u do.do u have plans and times left to accomplish dat. think of dat b4 u talk about dose dat are suffering d pain to kip wat eva legacy. do u even no d so called person fighting for d srudent is also do it for is political growth. omole did d same tin
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by oluwamitomisin: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
OAU students, I am sorry for you guys.

I don't have much time to read your press statement. But with just gossips i heard around, your so called action is uncalled for. You just survived a number of ASUU strike and all you can think of is a protest of increase in tuition of 2000 to 20000 naira. Guys let's be realistic for once.

If education is too costly, try ignorance!

2 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sse7en(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
TemmyTee82: Please can somebody tell me when registration would close? I am yet to pay and somebody told me it would close on Monday!
Pls someone confirm this o...cos mesef neva pay....and I am not planning on paying xtra for late reg...we stiil dey hurzu for d fees o
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
Av lookd up.what are u reffering to?wink
winiwini: na wa o, and you say you dey this school? look up jor

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
It is nt closing on d 7th again.and moreova d calendar z nt active again gan.calendar av spoilt nw.xo no closing date til sch open.i av a friend dt av paid his sch fee bt because of subject requirment.he was askd to switch to anoda dpartment.d day dey ask hm to cum hasnt com b4 d shut down.xo untl they switch im b4 he cn reg course.xn til we rsume.he wont reg.xo it open tl sch resume
s se7en:
Pls someone confirm this o...cos mesef neva pay....and I am not planning on paying xtra for late reg...we stiil dey hurzu for d fees o
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by iceberylin(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
oluwamitomisin: OAU students, I am sorry for you guys.
I don't have much time to read your press statement. But with just gossips i heard around, your so called action is uncalled for. You just survived a number of ASUU strike and all you can think of is a protest of increase in tuition of 2000 to 20000 naira. Guys let's be realistic for once.

THis Dude said my mind
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
What is dz mumu sayin.if u dnt knw sumthn.it beta nt to put ur mouth

who told u is 2000 to 20000?where are u getting ur news frm?
It z 350%increment if u dnt knw.22k to 72..
17k to 61 for freshmen.stalite 6 to 19 and 11k to 30k.xo what are u sayin abou ASUU strike and dz strike.it our right.xo let fight.dnt luk at d strike length.if u lookin say we r lackin behind.it z nt how far bt how well.

Sum people are nt dia who cnt pay d money.xo it beta we fight 4 our right

2 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Burnaaboi(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Just left ogba yesteday....but i rilly need to commend dose awo guys...dey showed dose cracker idiots that wanted to chase dem out of campus pepper...long live awo hall...long live oau..aluta continua victoria is pregnant

3 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
michaeltotti: Am eager to resume because my mate have finishd 100l.i.e unilorindia dz yr jambite wl resume sept or aug.xo mke me and ma junior sis resume togeda?
chai...undergra stu?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Yea.
ferdimako:
chai...undergra stu?
what apun?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Burnaaboi(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2014

...pls if u dont knw abt smtin just shut d fvck up and let dose who knw abt et talk

2 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by tandj: 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
Only in nigeria
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Muhaymin(m): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
jaryeh:
Oh! You were not aware? Well, that's your fault, you know.
OAU is the best because some had fought for its being the best before we got there. They endured worse conditions, some lost their lives in the process.
So, it's left for you to either betray the legacy or uphold it. Whichever way, history and posterity will judge you.
oh ye!! u r too brilliant!! I love how u responded. keep the ball rolling....Greatest Ife.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN SUG President Impeached For Looting 4 Million Naira. / The Difference Between HND And BSC Is Discrimination - Wole Soyinka / Amosun Reduces Fees In Oguntertiary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.