Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,107 members, 7,842,207 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting (561 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
After a six-week break, the murder trial that has gripped South Africa and the world has resumed when Pistorius returned to the dock after a month of psychiatric tests. And according to a psychiatric panel and a psychologist, Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, who is facing charges of murdering his girlfriend, is not mentally ill.

Reading from the psychologist report, one of two reports that said the star runner should be held criminally responsible, State Prosecutor Gerrie Nel said:

“Mr Pistorus did not suffer from a mental illness or defect that would have rendered him
criminally not responsible for the offence charged.”

The star sprinter has tried to argue that a “generalised anxiety disorder” contributed to him shooting dead his 29-year-old model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day last year. Oscar admits shooting Steenkamp with a 9mm pistol through a locked toilet door, but says it was a mistake as he thought she was an intruder coming to attack him in the dead of night.

Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by MizMyColi(f): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
Oduntan Gabriel:
The star sprinter has tried to argue that a “generalised anxiety disorder” contributed to him shooting dead his 29-year-old model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day last year. Oscar admits shooting Steenkamp with a 9mm pistol through a locked toilet door, but says it was a mistake as he thought she was an intruder coming to attack him in the dead of night.

#Adonblvit undecided undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi: #Adonblvit undecided undecided

I also don't believe It! The guy is freaking guilty.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by MizMyColi(f): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ceasar1:

I also don't believe It! The guy is freaking guilty.
makes the two of us then. Ceasar1 have we met?.....in my former NL Life?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi: makes the two of us then. Ceasar1 have we met?.....in my former NL Life?

That should be before the tsunami? .. Nope. We haven't.
#Was that bag too heavy?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by MizMyColi(f): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ceasar1:

That should be before the tsunami? .. Nope. We haven't.
#Was that bag too heavy?
smiley No, it wasn't....I was actually looking for something.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi: smiley No, it wasn't....I was actually looking for something.
OOH.. Okay .. I like your hair, No your bag. Your bag looks perfect with your pretty hair. . smiley
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by MizMyColi(f): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ceasar1:
OOH.. Okay .. I like your hair, No your bag. Your bag looks perfect with your pretty hair. . smiley
shocked Thank You! Now we're derailing this thread....scared of e-kicking embarassed
Re: Oscar Pistorius Declared Not Mentally Ill During Shooting by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dafuq!
And we think our Judicial system is slow?!
I'm finding it a tad bit dificult to believe that this self-evident case of prepondered murder is still being debated...He killed her deliberately...

(1) (Reply)

Fact: Mikel Is A Calamity, Nigeria's Waterloo Began When Onazi Stepped Out / World Cup 2014: What A Surprise / This Will Be Beneficial To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.