Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits (84566 Views)

Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Ways You Can Get An STD Without Being Intimate / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2014
uj_sizzle: I've always been a soap and water person, but I did try Femfresh once and it didn't suit me. Those things have a way of altering the Ph level of your privates, disrupting the growth of healthy bacterias, and thereby promoting the growth of unhealthy ones. Just stick with mild toilet soap and warm water, eat healthy, drink lots of water, and you'll be good.
Same here, used femfresh before but each time i use it i feel uncomfortable. But i think only water is ok cos i heard from a friend recently dat washing with soap can cause cancer of d vagina.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 11:49am On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks for sharing!

The V has a normal pH value of =3.8-4.5. An intimate wash is supposed to always keep it at that level to make it active for protection against infections/unwanted bacteria. Even mild soaps have highly sensitive chemicals and that's why they are not advisable.

oyinbogirl: Nah I dont use intimate washes, I use soap and water and bi carb. I think those washes interfere with balance. Watching your personal health is better too, as well as knowing your own body well, watching what you eat plays a big part
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2014
WOW! Naa everything dey cos cancer these days

cheesy I will not be surprised if I am told tomorrow that drinking both chilled and warm water causes Cancer in the human body system grin

Meanwhile, I will check out Femfresh (please what's the market price and place to buy?) to know why it's so!

Perhaps it was not made for the average African female!

Julie9093: Same here, used femfresh before but each time i use it i feel uncomfortable. But i think only water is ok cos i heard from a friend recently dat washing with soap can cause cancer of d vagina.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sorry about that!

Please could you list a few of those used in the past.
lynpetra: Very bad indeed!
Used some before,ended up regretting it.Douching also is a very very bad thing.Can push infection way up your womb.Apart from water and Baby wipes,I use nothing down there.Talk about having your punny smell like a newly born wink wink
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ohh...please could you tell us more?

Thanks for sharing!

Yoney007: Remember buying one way back in school....Thank God for the eye-opening I got early. #TeamWater
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oga Men...,

As somebody wey get diverse Babes...

....Abeg wetin you think about intimate wash Oooo cheesy

#Yourexperiencecounts!

mencade5: lipsrsealed
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by mencade5(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
TRADELYN: Oga Men...,

As somebody wey get diverse Babes...

....Abeg wetin you think about intimate wash Oooo cheesy

#Yourexperiencecounts!

i dey come ooo. But wetin intimate wash wash mean sef? cool
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
I like your analogy.

Thus, in simple words, should an intimate wash be used or otherwise for the external region ONLY, rather than mild soaps for protection?
Dannylux:
It's been awful long. Hope you're good?

Still on the same vein, these seemingly innocuous micro flora and fauna could get harmful when translocated from their usual locations. Inasmuch as they are not posing any danger at the moment, they could get dangerous when there is weakness in the immune system owing to stress or some other causes. I don't think it'd be wise to actually breed (leave them undisturbed) them.

They are potential parasites waiting to parasitize on you when the immune system keeping them in check is destablized.

It's just like your mouth. The flora in the teeth are innocuous but get parasitic when dislocated to another site. Hence, the need for you to brush, floss and wash your mouth regularly to manually reduce their population. The same applies for the microbes down there.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
cheesy Ask ask your Babes naa grin

mencade5: i dey come ooo. But wetin intimate wash wash mean sef? cool
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
LoL!

Naah you be first naa...

...As a case study Ooo grin
UcLloyd: Liars! Majority of u females saying u don't use cuz ur clean down there are lying jor! How about I do the verification? Who's 1st? grin
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
cheesy Please tell us more.

For how long have you been using it? What is the price? Is it scarce in the market~Lagos, Abuja, PH, etc? Have you used another type before?

kaima1984: I use summer eve,I can't do without it,am 100% covered,I dnt like perceiving an unpleasant odor frm my pussy,SUMMER EVE is d best
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Trust me, you deserve an intimate wash FREE, for taking time to explain cheesy
Dannylux:

Not exactly. Some of the microbes in the mouth and genitals exhibit symbiotic association naturally but there is need to keep their population in check. That calls for the need to wash it regularly. Of course, it's practically impossible to totally terminate the population of microbes down there because there millions of them but what I'm emphasizing is the need to reduce the quantity.

It is important to manually reduce it in case they should turn from being innocuous to harmful owing to biochemical changes. In case something like that should happen, you'd have lesser friends- turned-enemies to fight.

People who suffer oral plaques is due to over-accummulation of mouth normal flora which used to be innocuous. Same thing applies for the V.

The washing is simply to control its population, not to exterminate them.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Dannylux: 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
TRADELYN: I like your analogy.

Thus, in simple words, should an intimate wash be used or otherwise for the external region ONLY, rather than mild soaps for protection?
It depends on individuals. A person might use it with no allergic reaction but someone else may do the same and all hell would be let loose. Mild Soap would be ideal for the purpose but in case the foul smell persists, I would recommend a physician (gynaecologist) expertise. Most of the intimate wash products are of poor standard, hence, I wouldn't recommend someone to use it.
Mild Soap, it is.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
grin Since it relates to the skin, perhaps the advice of dermatologists is preferrable!

Ishilove:
Ha, lailai o. Mba, I no go gree that one o. Haba! I am still trying to cope with thought of using mere water, and now you're saying we shouldn't even use our fingers to scrub?? embarassed

I no gree o. We must use the fingers to scrub all 'scrubbables'. Get rid of all the orishirishi that might have accumulated during the course of the day. That is the healthy thing to do. Don't mind all these oversabi doctors. Most are men who don't have vagginas, therefore cannot fully comprehend our situation. angry
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
Of Poor standards kee...

Most of them (if not all) have both international and local certifications.

Perhaps they need to understand the perculiar African skin cheesy
Dannylux:
It depends on individuals. A person might use it with no allergic reaction but someone else may do the same and all hell would be let loose. Mild Soap would be ideal for the purpose but in case the foul smell persists, I would recommend a physician (gynaecologist) expertise. Most of the intimate wash products are of poor standard, hence, I wouldn't recommend someone to use it.
Mild Soap, it is.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks for sharing!

So, what brand name is that?
Are you surprised to read here of some ladies comments against it?
Does your group of 'Family & Friend' find it useful or otherwise?

Teespice: Oh well

I use intimate wash but not everyday. Been using it for over three years with no health implications whatsoever. However I use it frequently nowadays due to the fact that the toilets in the hostel are that dirty.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ooh...thanks for sharing!

About two posts before yours condemn Femfresh...
...What is your reaction to this?

mimee9: I use femfresh and water
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
WoW!

What's the price?

So, what do you use presently?

# You should use it for the external Zone ONLY!

Thanks for sharing!

Duchaello: I've used sebamed's intimate wash and it was really good, I stopped when read somewhere that douching is not healthy.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
grin I think you deserve a FREE intimate wash for this shocked

Mr Renaissance:

LMAO.. He's using medical terms so you didn't understand it. Let me help out.

By some body micro organisms being "organ-specific," he meant that some micro organisms function well or are not dangerous in particular organs. for example, micro organisms that are found in normal skin flora are not dangerous when they're in their area of expertise (the skin ONLY), eg: Staphylococcus, Streptococcus etc, which do not have any pathogenic effect on the skin. but when these micro organisms migrate to the mouth or genitals (moving to areas that are not their natural enclave), they become dangerous and can wreck havoc.

So also is E.coli, a bacterium of the mouth flora (resides in the mouth). When E.coli is in the mouth, it causes no harm, as a matter of fact, if fights dangerous external organisms, but once it mistakenly migrates to the skin, it wrecks havoc as the skin is not 'condusive' enough for it to function without its harmful side being unleashed.

Also, that these micro organisms are harmless in their area of speciality doesn't mean they can't cause harm once they are numerous, that's why we brush to reduce the amount of E.coli and other micro organisms of the buccal cavity,because when they are much, they cause harm. Same applies to Staphylococcus, we bath steadily to reduce their numbers on our skins because if they're much, they will cause harm

You get the drift?
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks for sharing!

Intimate wash is usually acidic. In fact, it's supposed to keep it at its normal range of pH value.

Why Lactacyd? What's the cost?

Kimmo: As a rule, intimate washes are not required for everyday use unless the lady is suffering from, or recovering from a yeast infection or something related.
The reason being that the vag [/b] should be [b] acidic under normal circumstances.
If it isn't acidic, it encourages the growth of organisms which then result in the common vag infections with the symptoms of itching/smelling/white or colored discharges.

Why wld the vag not be acidic? Antibiotic use, among other reasons. One should keep in mind that the intimate wash products are [/b] not [b] treatment, more of prevention. And for God's saken let's avoid the perfumed ones, those are more cosmetic and are no help. A good choice, by the way, is Lactacyd.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Teespice(f): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
TRADELYN: Thanks for sharing!

So, what brand name is that?
Are you surprised to read here of some ladies comments against it?
Does your group of 'Family & Friend' find it useful or otherwise?

Summers eve.

The general knowledge is that only water and mild soap should be used in washing. But as I said earlier, I use it because the toilets in the hostel are very unhygenic.

My mum subscribes to me using it, but my friends think its unhealthy.

Hope I answered your questions.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
Yes!

We wish you great Success in your studies...and remember to reach us whenever you need help as per your research project grin

Thanks!

Teespice:

Summers eve.

The general knowledge is that only water and mild soap should be used in washing. But as I said earlier, I use it because the toilets in the hostel are very unhygenic.

My mum subscribes to me using it, but my friends think its unhealthy.

Hope I answered your questions.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by magicfingers009: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
You ladies should wash your ikpekus well so we don't die of herpes when giving head. grin

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by kaima1984(f): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
TRADELYN: cheesy Please tell us more.

For how long have you been using it? What is the price? Is it scarce in the market~Lagos, Abuja, PH, etc? Have you used another type before?

3years or more,Summer's eve keeps me fresh all day,is nt scarce here in ph,is 1,600 naira,I have used Femfresh and yoko bt discontinued bc it dosent give me d 100% freshie I seek for

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Kimmo(f): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
TRADELYN: Thanks for sharing!

Intimate wash is usually acidic. In fact, it's supposed to keep it at its normal range of pH value.

Why Lactacyd? What's the cost?

Thank you. I think it's about 1500, and I recommend it (also Sebamed, this has its pH written clearly on the pack) because I'm certain it isn't one of the perfumed ones that have all kinds of weird effects after some time.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by esperiense(m): 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
sad sadHas anyone tried RAID insecticide here? It eliminates rapidly and works fine for my friends.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by frekyfrik(f): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
I find this thread very interesting, I would suggest that you take out time to read the reviews of some of these products. The review has helped me to understand some things. For instance, there's a wash u can use on a daily basis for hygienic purposes. Everteen natural intimate wash is a good example, because it's very mild. Where infection or the risk of is an issue, then u can go for Lactacyd or Vwash. The later shouldn't be used daily, except in cases of chronic infection. It should also be noted that in cases of infec tion, they are no substitute for prescribed medicine. They can only be used together with a prescribed antibiotics. U can read the reviews of some of these washes on this link http://www.reviewsandlifestyle.com/2013/02/lactacyd-feminine-wash-review.html

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Duchaello(f): 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
TRADELYN: WoW!

What's the price?

So, what do you use presently?

# You should use it for the external Zone ONLY!

Thanks for sharing!

I only use water now. As at then , it was #1,200.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks for sharing the link.

I'm still learning from there grin
frekyfrik: I find this thread very interesting, I would suggest that you take out time to read the reviews of some of these products. The review has helped me to understand some things. For instance, there's a wash u can use on a daily basis for hygienic purposes. Everteen natural intimate wash is a good example, because it's very mild. Where infection or the risk of is an issue, then u can go for Lactacyd or Vwash. The later shouldn't be used daily, except in cases of chronic infection. It should also be noted that in cases of infec tion, they are no substitute for prescribed medicine. They can only be used together with a prescribed antibiotics. U can read the reviews of some of these washes on this link http://www.reviewsandlifestyle.com/2013/02/lactacyd-feminine-wash-review.html
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Free!
Free!!
Free!!!

We just received a carton of an intimate wash product.

If you are interested in having one at no cost, kindly reach us via our contacts clearly stated on our profile.

#Offervalidwhilestockslast cheesy
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 13, 2014
This is to inform you That we are having new developments from INDIA which enable us to CURE diseases like CANCER, DIABETES, OBESITY HIV/AIDS, ULCER, INFERTILITY, STROKE, HERAT PROBLEMS, ARTHRITIS and many more. 08062208326
www.solehealthcare.com
7b437400
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Hmmm so many different views and opinions. I think what it boils down to is that we'd probably most always do whichever one makes us feel better / cleaner/ safer/healthier etc
As for me, summer eve does it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.