Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) (1802 Views)

How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop / Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by swintec: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2008
My computer system crashed. What I could describe as Operating system crash. My colleague who was using it in my absence rushed it to a (quark) computer techniques who ended up disassembling the hard drive, damaging the mechanism in the process. I have very important files in the damaged hard drive. I believe the platter is still good. How can I recover the data. Please Help. cry cry cry
Re: Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by ade9ja(m): 12:25am On Oct 06, 2008
BOTHER NOT COZ THE COMPUTER ENGINEER WIZARD IS HERE, WELL THE BEST SUGGESTION N METHOD HERE IS TO GET ANOTHER HARD DRIVE, INSTALL IT AND PAIR IT WITH THE CRASHED ONE INORDER TO COPY OR BACKUP SOME IMPORTANT FILES.
STEPS
1. GET ANOTHER HARD DRIVE, FORMAT AND ISTALL IT. NB:DONT INSTALL WITH A LOWER OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION ON THE CRASHED DRIVE.
2. SET THE JUMPER MASTER AS THE MAIN DRIVE
3. SET THE JUMPER OF D CRASHED DRIVE TO SLAVE.
4. BOOT UR SYSTEM, FROM MY COMPUTER NAVIGATE TO THE CRASHED DRIVE TO COPY UR FILES.

U NEED TO HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF INSTALLING UR SYSTEM OR U MEET A COMPETENT ENGINEER.
U CAN REACH ME ON 07028105211, 08038500766 FOR MORE INFO AND HELP.
Re: Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by xprofile: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2008
swintec
there are some special software u can use to get them back like: getdataback and some more.
but just google this one i reccomend and download it

hope it works 4 u
but remember to slave the hard drive before doing that cos this is an harddrive we are talking about here. ok?

some more help am there 4 u guys, cheesy
bigamos4real@yahoo.com
Re: Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by CURCIFIX(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2008
The well the best suggestion n method here is to get another hard drive, install it and pair it with the crashed one inorder so as it can be seen by the new one in the new on install Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!
Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover
Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
Can be run from a USB thumb drive
Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
It's fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!

Re: Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by xprofile: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2008
yeah great
wateva
jus do anyone
grin
Re: Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by swintec: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2008
Thanks all for your suggestions. But wait, it seems no one understood me. I have already tried what you suggested before I sent my post. The problem is that the Hard disk was disassembled and fixed back after which the hard disk could no longer be dictated by my operating system even when it is slaved. That is why I wrote that I feel that the hard disk platter is still ok. What I want to know is, is there any external device on which I can mount the platter from the damaged disk to read it. I have tried buying another disk of the same make so that I can disassemble that one and swap the platters, but I have not seen any to buy.

Thank you for your efforts.
Re: Who Knows How To Recover Files From A Damaged Hard Drive (platter Still Ok) by tylor222: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2011
If your platter is still ok then you can recover data from the platter. To recover lost data you must use hard disk data recovery software. Remo Recover (Windows) -Pro edition software can recover lost data from any storage device including formatted hard disk and formatted USB drive. download and install demo version of this software in your system. you can view recovered data after recovery process. try it once.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get 350mb Data Bundle On Airtel For 1weekhttp / New HP Envy M6 Without Box For Sale / Dell Xps x360 13 7390 Corei7 7th Gen 16 Gb SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.